Glass Owl

What tv shows are you currently watching?

I am currently watching Émelie de la Nouvelle Lune (aka Emily of New Moon). :)

There's a youtube channel (Encore +) that has been uploading all kinds of Canadian TV series, movies, and documentaries in both English and French (as available), and it has been a great find! Due to lack of use over the years, I no longer consider myself bilingual, though most of it is still floating around in there. It's been bothering me lately, so I am trying to watch and read a bit in French, in hopes that will reforge the connections.

:kitty:

Watched MindHunters - S1 last year and give that a 10 out of 10 - looking forward to Season 2.

Loved the first season of 3%, but am not quite feeling it for season 2 and I am 5 or 6 episodes in.

I really liked American Gods - S1 last year and am glad there will be a season 2.

Am sure there are others I haven't mentioned yet but will be back when I do remember them...

DND X/

I really liked American Gods - S1 last year and am glad there will be a season 2.

It's on now!  I really hope they have a season 3!  Only 2 episodes left, they have 8 episodes this year.  Not near enough!

I'm going to start watching Veep too.  I had no idea Hugh Laurie was in it and he is!  So I'm watching it!

Will be lining that up for the long Easter weekend.

Thanks Saturn Celeste!

It's on now!  I really hope they have a season 3!  Only 2 episodes left, they have 8 episodes this year.  Not near enough!

On 4/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, Bookworm said:

I recommend Russian Doll on Netflix.

I second this! Russian Doll blew my mind -- it was fantastic.

I've been binge watching ER lately.  Going back to the beginning.  I'm into season 3 and am getting bored already lolol  Never did watch 'soaps.'

Posted (edited)

we just worked through 2 seasons of Waking The Dead, (2004-2005) we'll watch the 3rd season because it arrived in the mail today but euu. Ordered it because of good reviews and we like Claire Goose from Coroner.  

Anyway totally disappointed in the cast although the stories were ok. talk about A dysfunctional non-team...But will say each of the team were fine as individuals. Hot mess of goals, cold cases and then they always get caught up in a current fresh case? I don't think anyone would stand for that for a minute. 

we are always late to the party as we don't have 'real tv'. no reception here. 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

Posted (edited)

I am super excited for the new season of The Handmaid's Tale. It has become my favorite show currently airing. I don't tend to watch a lot of TV. I'm also (rather reluctantly at this point) watching Game of Thrones. 

I finished Black Summer recently and enjoyed that one. It wasn't the best show I've ever seen, it definitely had some issues especially in terms of character development (or lack thereof) and the ending was somewhat underwhelming. However, I did still enjoy the somewhat realistic portrayal of the early stages of a zombie apocalypse. It reminded me of the first season of The Walking Dead, where it seemed to really "get" how people would actually act in such a catastrophic scenario.  

Edited by Pixie

15 hours ago, Pixie said:

I am super excited for the new season of The Handmaid's Tale. 

Me too. I loved the book, and I’m kind of obsessed with Elisabeth Moss.

While (a bit) cruel, I appreciated the TV show Vikings...until the season 4 because I didn't like the season 5 (I just watched some episodes that's all). Everything has an end!

Ransom, the Blacklist lol we can see where this is going

I added to my wish-list on Netflix a tv show that looks interesting ("Alta Mar") : very pleasant time on a cruise ship on Atlantic ocean in a retro chic ambiance... but a string of murders on board...

Dum Dum Dum... I suspect a sense of Hercule Poirot there 🧐

I hope that it won't be a disappointment, who knows!

@Lantana Sense8 is my absolute fave!!

I'm watching elementary and the chilling tales of sabrina 

Watched the recent documentary on Netflix - Alcasser murders.

I think that could have been wrapped up in three episodes.

Sad and interesting, but those conspiracy theories got a bit out of hand and a lot of things could have been handled a heck of a lot differently like the bullets, gun, mattresses and a walk through that was never seemingly done with the suspect they had in custody.

The three girls were very very unfortunate and were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Mr Iglesias - TV comedy. USA.

Quite funny. Humour mostly is right up my alley, but some of it is a bit cheesy.

DND 💓

I checked out Good Omens last night on Amazon Prime (free if you have prime).  It's really interesting.  If you're a David Tennant fan, he's awesome in the series!

On 6/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, Tams717 said:

I'm watching elementary and the chilling tales of sabrina 

Hubby got Elementary on DVD from Netflix. I love it! It's so much fun to see a female Watson. Lucy Liu is wonderful and Jonny Lee Miller plays a great Sherlock.