Gilded Tarot

TerraAkhert

I find it a very likeable, attractive and reliable deck that reads well. Ciro's tarot art has come on a lot since the Gilded, but it's still a solid deck. It works very well for me when I'm tired and may be a bit drained as it has a friendly and uncomplicated vibe. The Barbara Moore book that comes with the book and deck kit is very good.

EmpyreanKnight

I have the Gilded set with the companion book by Josephine Ellershaw (I've heard that the one with the book by Barbara Moore is rather good too). I think that it's a great beginner deck. It gives uncomplicated answers, and the warmth of the art is reflected in the gentle guidance that my readings with it gives. That's just me tho ymmv.

I just got this deck and I've found it very friendly so far even though I haven't cracked the book (Barbara Moore) open yet. I haven't done too many readings with it yet, but it hasn't overwhelmed me the way the Universal Tarot or Dragon Tarot decks tend to. I do intend to read the book at some point, but I'm enjoying the process of getting a feel of it on my own for the moment.

Oh, and I'll add: I do find the card stock very slippery, though.

I think it's a quality of all the decks from this publishing company. I have the Mystic Dreamer deck from the same people and it has the exact same issue! Both decks feel super excited or something and just like to spill when I try to shuffle.

When I used to do FTF readings, I would give my querent their choice of the Universal Waite or the Gilded. They probably chose the Gilded by a margin of two to one. It's pretty and makes a good first impression, and it gives perfectly fine readings. I don't use it now though, because I got tired of seeing most of the females depicted in the deck looking like they had implants.

I recently bought a copy of the Guilded Tarot, in a box set with the book by Josephine Ellershaw.  I was a little disappointed to see that she really didn't go into the symbolism and detail, and what these little touches represent on the card (such as the beetles, or dragon fly). I don't think Ciro would have added these elements for the fun of it (or maybe he did?).  Does the book by Barbara Moore go into the symbolism more?  Or is there an online source?  And what the heck is that brown thing on the bottom of the 8 of Cups? A bag? A platypus?  

That was the "Easy Tarot" set, I assume - the book is - not up to much. The original Gilded Tarot set came with a book by Barbara Moore, as you say - MUCH better.  I'm not sure which particular beetles you might refer to... so I can't exactly check. She does mention the dragonfly in 4 Wands (Overlying sense of happiness...)

That looks like a mole, to me. Especially the little paws. (and indeed - just got my book out - Barbara mentions it  as such.)

Thank you @gregory, I appreciate it.  Hmmm... I don't suppose the Barbara Moore book was ever sold separately?  Since my previous post, I came across the Gilded deck study thread on the AT forum, so hopefully some of my questions will be answered there.  🙂