Give a Tarot Card a Song!

Saturn Celeste

Saturn Celeste

I have a tendency to have music come to mind when I do readings. Sometimes it's an entire playlist. Other times it might be just one song. When I first started here I've largely kept it to myself. But the last two readings I did I feel the strong need to share the musical piece that came to mind. I don't know what it is, but I do know it's a level of communication that I'm getting I can't convey with words. Even the individual cards has an evolving list of music associated with them.

I love the music links!  It's a wonderful touch, Toadie and Marisa!

I have playlists I listen to when I read.  If I have a few readings back to back (3 or 4) I really get in the zone and light the incense, put on a wax melt, and fire up my playlists.  Even though Industrial music is my favorite music (Rammstein is my favorite band) but for card reading I like music from India, Binaural beats and other types of mind music and trip hop.

I have a tendency to have music come to mind when I do readings. Sometimes it's an entire playlist. Other times it might be just one song. When I first started here I've largely kept it to myself. But the last two readings I did I feel the strong need to share the musical piece that came to mind. I don't know what it is, but I do know it's a level of communication that I'm getting I can't convey with words. Even the individual cards has an evolving list of music associated with them.

I love the music links!  It's a wonderful touch, Toadie!

I have playlists I listen to when I read.  If I have a few readings back to back (3 or 4) I really get in the zone and light the incense, put on a wax melt, and fire up my playlists.  Even though Industrial music is my favorite music (Rammstein is my favorite band) but for card reading I like music from India, Binaural beats and other types of mind music and trip hop.

Oddly, there's a very wide range of music that pops up. Stuff that I would never pick just to listen to for myself. Like religious hymns on occasion for example. It will be something that says, "This is part of the message." or "This is part of the mood being conveyed here."

Edit: Like when I was trying to explain to you what the Knight of Wands means to me and I listed off a bunch of crazy songs.

Saturn Celeste

We had a song thread for the court cards here:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/60-quirky-court-cards/3-choose-a-song-to-represent-each-figure-in-the-court-and-give-your-reasons/

I think this idea warrants it's own thread though.  I'm going to split the music discussion off this thread and start a tarot card song thread!  Thanks guys!  ^-^

Oh this sounds fun! >:D Thank you Saturn Celeste[/member]

Oh, The Tower is "The Internationale"!  ;D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Internationale

And this sounds interesting. I've never heard of it before. I found the English version! ;D

And here is one from my evolving playlist for The Tower: "No More I Love You's" by Annie Lennox

Saturn Celeste

Oh I love Annie Lennox!

I think I'll start from the Fool and try to go in order.  I have Frank Sinatra - Fools Rush in (where Angels fear to tread)

Oops, sorry am jumping out of order already! lol

The World:

Planets of the Universe - Stevie Nicks.  I have never been a Fleetwood Mac fan but this song is special.  I also loved Stevie in American Horror Story (Coven).

I didn't realize there needed to be an order!  :o 

But that "Planets of the Universe" song is pretty slick. 8)

So you started with The World, followed by The Fool... which means I need to pick one for The Magician...

I present: AWOLNATION - Run (Beautiful Things) (Official)

This song always seems very Tower-like to me. In particular for tapping into that part of our psyche that enjoys the shake-up it brings.

https://g.co/kgs/Tt4e8G

Very nice! Just added another musician to my subscription list. <3 Thank you. She has such a lovely voice. How did I miss this?! :o

So you started with The World, followed by The Fool... which means I need to pick one for The Magician...

Not heard this before and I like it. Nevertheless I'd have to go with the obvious: A Kind of Magic, performed by Freddie Trismegistus himself. The power of the man! There are times I swear he's creating roses and lilies just off camera.

Saturn Celeste

I didn't realize there needed to be an order!  :o 

But that "Planets of the Universe" song is pretty slick. 8)

Oh no Toadie!  Just do your own thing with the cards!  I thought I'd try to go in order for mine but I just couldn't help going to the world card as I came across that song.  This is a thread for everyone to just pick a card they want and put a song to it!  ^-^

Ok, here's one, 5 of Cups

Prince - When Doves Cry

Not heard this before and I like it. Nevertheless I'd have to go with the obvious: A Kind of Magic, performed by Freddie Trismegistus himself. The power of the man! There are times I swear he's creating roses and lilies just off camera.

Excellent choice! I agree that man has some serious power in his voice. He can never be replaced. <3

I didn't add a card in my last post, so I think I'll nominate Kate Bush for the High Priestess, and it has to be Wuthering Heights. Not exactly an RW High Priestess, but there's a few witchy tarots she fits to a tee.

Saturn Celeste

Perfect song, Ratty!  I love Queen!

Oh no Toadie!  Just do your own thing with the cards!  I thought I'd try to go in order for mine but I just couldn't help going to the world card as I came across that song.  This is a thread for everyone to just pick a card they want and put a song to it!  ^-^

Ok, here's one, 5 of Cups

Prince - When Doves Cry

Well played! And I raise you this:

Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me

Perfect song, Ratty!  I love Queen!

Yeah I know, I'm having a hard time finding an equal match to it. LOL It's that good. ;D

I’m going to nominate for the 3 of Cups:

Celebration - Kool & The Gang

Love Queen - there’s probably a whole load of their songs which would fit! Question is...who is the Killer Queen?  :)

I’m going to nominate for the 3 of Cups:

Celebration - Kool & The Gang

Love Queen - there’s probably a whole load of their songs which would fit! Question is...who is the Killer Queen?  :)

OOOH! Awesome choice! Can't go wrong there.

Here's another fun one for 3 of Cups:

Me and My Cello - Happy Together (Turtles) Cello Cover - The Piano Guys (the video is great too  ;D )

l choose the Sun card - don't let the Sun go down on me, Elton John.

Though we are having a heatwave at the moment it may be a choice l regret  :))

I did like the Cool and the Gang choice.

The problem is this is too easy. I want to do an entire suit at a time. Already sorted eight of the ten sword pips. Still debating over the 5 and the Ace. (And we all know who the Killer Queen is -- Cups need not apply, Alice notwithstanding! All right Wands and Swords can fight it out in the final. But Wands will be a no show, due to having been mysteriously arrested and deported to Guantanamo, although no-one will know why.) Didn't someone mention the Courts had been done?

And Dee has just come through with the Ace of Swords!!!

I'm even starting on reversals: 8 of Pentacles Rx, Ravel's Bolero.

Do you think a cup of Darjeeling would help?

Is there a list of cards already paired with a song or something else?

I want to play but I need some guidelines guys  :-[

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.