Give a Tarot Card a Song!

Saturn Celeste

And that's a talented guy in that video! :O *hits that subscribe button*

His instrumental stuff is even better, but those two songs have been crying out for a mashup since before there were mashups.

How this has turned into such an awesome thread! You guys are picking the bestest best songs!  <3 :hug: <3 I'm in heaven! ;D

Now I'm got to pick a good here. hmmm...

Oh, here we go. The Hierophant

Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall (Parts 1, 2, & 3)

Here's DEATH

-Dead mans curve-Jan and Dean

Oh there we go! Give me a moment. I need the time to savor this one. >:D <3 Thank you.

Seem to have lost a post. Nevermind.  :(

Just saying that there are a couple of good picks for Hierophant and HP here, but I'm sticking with Kate Bush over Stevie Nicks for HP. Death is bound to be highly contested.

Still can't figure a decent choice for Emperor. Bad choices like Abba's Waterloo and Napoleon XIV: 'They're coming to take me away' abound. Why has no-one written anything good about Caligula, or Gordian II?

Here's DEATH

Oh there we go! Give me a moment. I need the time to savor this one. >:D <3 Thank you.

*Its the short version ;) "quick death"...but there is a better version of that song... ;)

Here's DEATH

*Its the short version ;) "quick death"...but there is a better version of that song... ;)

It was still a good choice.  ;D

Seem to have lost a post. Nevermind.  :(

Just saying that there are a couple of good picks for Hierophant and HP here, but I'm sticking with Kate Bush over Stevie Nicks for HP. Death is bound to be highly contested.

Still can't figure a decent choice for Emperor. Bad choices like Abba's Waterloo and Napoleon XIV: 'They're coming to take me away' abound. Why has no-one written anything good about Caligula, or Gordian II?

I'm sorry your post got eaten by internet gremlins.  :'( 

Those songs are always amusing though! For my playlist on The Emperor, I ended up with a lot of songs about fathers.  ::) But... I labeled my dad with this card so... *shrug*

This song is me and my dad on a bad day.

"Pts.Of.Athrty" (Official Video) - Linkin Park

The HERMIT-this works if you think about it...

Jimmy Page-The Song Remains The Same -Led Zeppelin (they started it at a weird time) Hermit Scene

The HERMIT-this works if you think about it...

Jimmy Page-The Song Remains The Same -Led Zeppelin (they started it at a weird time) Hermit Scene

Sometimes it's not about the words, but the feeling it invokes. And I'm not going to police how anyone interprets art. <3

But, for what it's worth I did watch this clip and I understand why you picked it for this card. The only thing I didn't expect was the sword thing at the end. That threw me off a bit, but I think that's supposed to mean he had attained personal strength/power/skill from the time he's spent in life. Not sure though. Led Zeppelin has always been a trippy lot.

I agree the sword thing is odd....it was the 70's, could even be just tracers to freak people out on stuff... 8)

I know, right? I wondered that, but at the same time... people back then also seemed to enjoy thinking really deep stuff too. So it's hard to say what that was exactly.

So here's one for you, just to mix things up a bit. This song showed up in my recommendations. Never heard of this band before. So I clicked it. THE SONG... I LIKE IT.

Poets of the Fall - Carnival of Rust (Official Video w/ Lyrics)

So what do you think... is it a Ten of Swords type of song here or something else? I can't decide. Not sure why this song came my way just now. I like it though.

He is certainly going thru anguish....

I just watched this video a second time. It's not just about the man in the case. It's also about the woman wearing the gas mask trying to win the doll before leaving.

AND AND AND!!!  :o Watch it again really close and you'll see references to tarot cards in it. :o

Saturn Celeste

I did like the Cool and the Gang choice.

The problem is this is too easy. I want to do an entire suit at a time. Already sorted eight of the ten sword pips. Still debating over the 5 and the Ace. (And we all know who the Killer Queen is -- Cups need not apply, Alice notwithstanding! All right Wands and Swords can fight it out in the final. But Wands will be a no show, due to having been mysteriously arrested and deported to Guantanamo, although no-one will know why.) Didn't someone mention the Courts had been done?

And Dee has just come through with the Ace of Swords!!!

I'm even starting on reversals: 8 of Pentacles Rx, Ravel's Bolero.

Do you think a cup of Darjeeling would help?

Oh I've been thinking reversals too!  Why not?  And I'll have a cup also, thanks!  ^-^

Saturn Celeste

Is there a list of cards already paired with a song or something else?

I want to play but I need some guidelines guys  :-[

No guidelines, pair one of your favorite cards with one of your favorite songs, do this as many times as you want!  ;)

Is there a list of cards already paired with a song or something else?

I want to play but I need some guidelines guys  :-[

No guidelines, pair one of your favorite cards with one of your favorite songs, do this as many times as you want!  ;)

This got started by me mentioning something I do with my cards and sometimes with my readings. I have a master list for myself for each card, but I don't have any set rules for this. It's all about what feels right to you. As for readings... that's something altogether different with the music.

It can be the lyrics. It can be how the music makes you feel in comparison to the meaning of the card. That's all there is to it. You can be hyper analytical with it or just be emotional flow with it. Whatever feels right.

Music is the universal language through sound much in the same way visual art is the universal language through sight. Math incidentally is a universal language as well...

So how about this. You have working knowledge of Thoth don't you? Did you know that music also works on numbers? Don't ask how, because I don't get it. I just know that Mozart and his contemporaries composed largely mathematically.

Math Metal is a real thing today. Pete Cottrell can play Pi and make it sound cool.

EmpyreanKnight

I like these kinds of threads, Saturn. ^-^

For me, the warmth and optimism of Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles and the leaden cheer of Feeling Good by Muse reminds me of the upright and reversed aspects of The Sun.

I like these kinds of threads, Saturn. ^-^

For me, the warmth and optimism of Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles and the leaden cheer of Feeling Good by Muse reminds me of the upright and reversed aspects of The Sun.

Its fun! Its a very cool way to learn tarot..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.