General Discussion

Madame Squee

Hi Emilija  l am sorry your little post appears to make no sense due to my mistakenly posting a picture in the wrong thread. 

Yes it is a lovely little pug dog, do you have them, my little dog is my avatar.

I am actually getting this deck for my birthday, just ordered it yesterday.  Love the bright colors, and I do not own any really modern contemporary decks so thought I would give this one a try.  I have to admit, I as much as I love the art of the Waking the Wild Spirit by Poppy I found it to be more like an oracle deck than a Tarot deck, I hope this one feels Tarot.  When I start using it I will chime in  ;D

Its so different from Waking the Wild Spirit tarot.  The Everyday is most definitely a true tarot, easy to read and very accurate!

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Happy Birthday when ever it is  :party:

Have had this deck for a little while. Loved the cards, but they seemed to stick together for me so I ended up not working with it. I got it out again a few days ago because of how much Grizabella loves this deck. It still is not easy for me to shuffle, but I am ignoring that as the cards this time around seem to come alive. Pure magic!!! I intend to listen to the stories these cards are telling me this time!!!

Saturn Celeste

Have had this deck for a little while. Loved the cards, but they seemed to stick together for me so I ended up not working with it. I got it out again a few days ago because how much Grizabella love this deck. It still is not easy for me to shuffle, but I am ignoring that as the cards this time around seem to come alive. Pure magic!!! I intend to listen to the stories these card are telling me this time!!!

I am a riffle shuffler and put the top corners together.  OR I'll just shuffle them vertically instead of horizontally.  The sticking gets better the more you shuffle them.

Have had this deck for a little while. Loved the cards, but they seemed to stick together for me so I ended up not working with it. I got it out again a few days ago because of how much Grizabella loves this deck. It still is not easy for me to shuffle, but I am ignoring that as the cards this time around seem to come alive. Pure magic!!! I intend to listen to the stories these cards are telling me this time!!!

I'm using dealing the deck into four piles as a means to randomize the deck. Even with smaller decks, this will randomize the deck better than any amount of other kind of shuffling. With the smaller decks, my method is to deal into four piles before a reading and then riffle shuffle after that's done. Since the Everyday Enchantment is so big I can't riffle it, what I sometimes do is just cut to the cards in a spread. For instance, instead of laying out a spread from the top, I just cut the deck and pull the card that's on the bottom of the top cut. (Hope that makes sense.) Other times, I'll do the four piles and cut to three piles and then reassemble but then deal off the top of the deck as I used to do with smaller decks. So far, I think I like "off-the-top" better because it's been my way for so many years.

Quester, I'm so glad to see you've grown to love the deck. It's truly phenomenal, in my opinion.

CharlotteK

I'm waiting for this deck to arrive and would love to join a study group.

I have had the EE on my wishlist for ages then someone in a FB trait group posted a link to heart breaking video Poppy has posted in YouTube. Her royalty cheque for the last year doesn't cover a week's rent and she is worried people aren't buying the deck because they don't know about it.

It sounds like she needs the tarot community's support so I ordered the deck and plan to share images on Instagram....

So, when it arrives, I'll  get stuck in 🙂

Edited by CharlotteK

Thoughtful

So sorry to hear about Poppy's problems.  l am surprised to hear of this, she was well publicised on the old AT forum.  Poppy put a lot of time and energy into this deck and it deserves all the publicity it can get.  But since the AT forum has closed perhaps the publicity and discussions have not been initiated elsewhere, apart from here.

Its a great deck, very readable and any help you can give in highlighting this tarot would be tremendous.  l do not have links in social media myself.  l did though give it a mention on the cartomancy forum a while back.

Raggydoll

@CharlotteK I am glad you brought this to our attention! I looked up the video mentioned and I will link it here as a way to show our support. This world really needs diverse and colorful decks such as this one! 

AJ-ish/Sharyn

I haven't looked at the vid but anyone who thinks having something published will put you on easy street doesn't know how media is marketed. On the average each sale gets the author about .10 cents. 

Raggydoll
2 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

I haven't looked at the vid but anyone who thinks having something published will put you on easy street doesn't know how media is marketed. On the average each sale gets the author about .10 cents. 

Please look at the video before making up your mind. She clearly states that she is not looking for fame or money, she just wants more people to be aware that her deck exists. She had such a strong vision that she wanted to manifest into the world, and she said that the thing that made her the most upset about her tiny royalty paycheck was that it meant that her deck is not selling and that people are not seeing it. She is not able to market it to any greater extent herself due to physical disabilities. 

On 5/3/2019 at 1:33 AM, CharlotteK said:

I'm waiting for this deck to arrive and would love to join a study group.

I have had the EE on my wishlist for ages then someone in a FB trait group posted a link to heart breaking video Poppy has posted in YouTube. Her royalty cheque for the last year doesn't cover a week's rent and she is worried people aren't buying the deck because they don't know about it.

It sounds like she needs the tarot community's support so I ordered the deck and plan to share images on Instagram....

So, when it arrives, I'll  get stuck in 🙂

Oh love that deck, thanks to bring this up here! Do you plan to start a study group @CharlotteK ?

@Raggydoll thanks for the link to the video!

AJ-ish/Sharyn

oh, I wasn't dissing Poppy, Raggdydoll, more the general public's concept of being published = big bucks. I've had many conversations over the years with Poppy, I know she is on thin means and poor health. 

Raggydoll
8 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

oh, I wasn't dissing Poppy, Raggdydoll, more the general public's concept of being published = big bucks. I've had many conversations over the years with Poppy, I know she is on thin means and poor health. 

I’m sorry that I misunderstood ❤️

Thoughtful
2 hours ago, joy said:

Oh love that deck, thanks to bring this up here! Do you plan to start a study group @CharlotteK ?

@Raggydoll thanks for the link to the video!

There is a study group already started

28 minutes ago, Thoughtful said:

There is a study group already started

Ooopsss, yes of course, sorry!!!

CharlotteK

Thanks for sharing the vid. Poppy has replied to each and every comment under the video despite not being able to type very much. She is clearly very grateful for any support and I don't believe it is about the money at all, though personally I don't think it would be unreasonable for her to hope to get more than a week's rent money after ten years of putting heart and soul into something. She seems a very beautiful and generous soul who created something and poured a lot of love into it. She hopes and believes her tarot can help people and is saddened that people won't get the chance to work with it out of simply not knowing about it. Poor sales will mean it will go out of print and I think she would just like to see it stick around and be a deck lots of people can get some real value out of. I must say I kind of wrote this off when looked at it briefly, seemed very modern and not my thing. But it is wonderful! Every card tells such a vibrant story. It reminds me a bit of the Anna K and those real living faces but it's more diverse and even more alive than I expected. I do hope it gets more publicity and more people pick it up. I see where Poppy is coming from, it is a deck that should really appeal to lots of people that may feel tarot is a bit scary or dusty or obscure or in a inaccessible. This deck has a very chatty warm voice and it's lovely!

I am right with you @CharlotteK as I am also looking more closely at this deck and seeing it with fresh eyes. And I agree that it is silly that there is such stigma around money and success. No one should apologize if they want their project to be successful. Money is not evil. Some people on the other hand.. But I am glad that people are supporting this deck. It would be such a shame to see it go out of print. Then it would turn into one of those very sought after (and über expensive) decks in time, because people will notice it eventually. 

I’m a big fan of Poppy’s earlier deck Waking the Wild Spirit. I lover her art style and the warmth of her people. Haven’t got round to getting this one yet - partly because I don’t have much room for those huge boxes.  I’d like to support her though. 

CharlotteK

I've trimmed mine of the borders on three sides and will get a bag for them. I dont have room for any more big boxes either, so although the box is super quality, it will have to get recycled.

20190510_121512.jpg

Grizabella
On 8/29/2018 at 8:40 PM, Lionsdaughter said:

Hi!

I was quite excited to get this deck after it first came out, but the size and borders put me off.  I find bigger cards difficult to hold and shuffle and often prefer smaller sized decks, or even thinner and longer.  I am considering getting out the trimmer and cutting off the side borders.  It might help me to pull the deck out and get reacquainted with it.  Looking forward to seeing trimmed cards before I dive in.

I cringe at the very thought of trimming this gorgeous deck. I love the images on the back, for one thing, but I just cannot imagine taking the scissors to it. I trimmed my other decks down because I needed to overhand shuffle because my hands are arthritic but when I got this deck, I absolutely could not even consider trimming it. I just randomized the deck by dealing out the cards in three or four piles. That randomizes them way better than the other kinds of shuffling anyway. 

A wonderful discovery I made in the last week or so is that I can riffle the cards now that I've used them for awhile. I was surprised. I actually have to shuffle them from the corners but it does allow for a riffle. I didn't think they'd soften up since I never riffled them before. What I've always done with my other decks is to deal them out into piles after reading for a client and then riffle for the next sitter. I still do that with this deck. Before the deck softened enough to riffle from the corners, I cut to the cards for the reading since I couldn't do a riffle.  Normally I'd never buy a large deck. I've never liked the big ones and the cardboard-y ones.  When I saw the size of the cards in this deck, I was quite disappointed but it's such a fabulous deck, I just sucked it up and figured out how to use it.

This deck is my soul deck. The images open up my intuition so well, and this deck reads so beautifully for me. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other decks like this? Either visually (closest I've seen is Out of Hand Tarot), or spiritually in terms of the intuitive potential <3