ToadieOdie

The Lily Pad Cafe

[move] <3 Greetings and Salutations! <3 [/move]

You have entered none other than the humble establishment of The Lily Pad Cafe. The music is just the right volume and sets the perfect mood for the day you're having. Beneath your feet, you feel the firm crush of the burgundy carpet with each step. Passing the clusters of cozy chairs that circle the low, walnut-colored coffee tables, you nod to your fellow patrons. The smell of fresh bread, pastries, and pies greets you as you make your way to the beverage counter. You fix yourself a cup of your favorite beverage and feel your worries melt away. Chatter from conversations behind you drift over and tug at the edge of your mind, begging you to join in and you turn to see who is speaking....

This thread is a place for those who wish to have a cozy place to chat about whatever. It's not a role playing thread. I thought the introduction would be a nice way to set the tone here. All I ask is that people remain respectful and supportive to each other here.

3 guys for sure in the Heartbreakers band are air signs...Tom Pettys daughter Kim..or Annakim as she goes by, is very in to Tarot reading too...She is also the spitting image of her Dad, Tom Petty...

Here is a great song to celebrate your opening  !!!!  By a once very cool Libra guy <3

I had no idea he was a Libra!  :o

OHHH  I can tell, but he is at the other end of it..like maybe October 18th, something like that..(or should i say was, RIP TOM)

3 guys for sure in the Heartbreakers band are air signs...Tom Pettys daughter Kim..or Annakim as she goes by, is very in to Tarot reading too...She is also the spitting image of her Dad, Tom Petty...

Does she... have his weird teeth?  :-\

YES...as she has gotten older..

She could be his twin...

She could be his twin...

:o Poor girl... damn.  Normally I don't fixate on things like that, but his teeth are just... idk, weird.

Guest swedishfish

She could be his twin...

:o Poor girl... damn.  Normally I don't fixate on things like that, but his teeth are just... idk, weird.

they weren't so weird. maybe just a little english. depending on where she lives it might be totally normal. and tom petty had a great run. i was truly devastated for about three days when bowie died. it was really confusing because i didn't even know him but i had seen him perform a very intimate, live show. i was so sad for about three days. anyway, i didn't get that with tom petty but it sucks just the same. the other person who does all the tarot and things is stevie nicks. i almost got to see her perform live at an intimate venue but i felt SO ill right before she came on that i had to leave. in retrospect, it was kind of odd. i was sick at all before or after. i mention these things because i wonder if "the energy" had anything to do with it and why hers may have been strong enough to usher me out of the building and on my way home.

I saw David Bowie about 84 or so..serious moonlight tour, was pretty good...Super talented guy and very sad he is gone too...I think he partied so much back in the day...coke, cognac etc..it finally caught up, as i think liver cancer...seemed like he would never die.(Capricorn-old when young ,young when old)..

You know...Stevie Nicks looks fabulous right now, at must be 70 ish...She is a Gemini lady(air too), but something about her picks my _____. She did lots of cocaine too, and her nose almost caved in....

I think she fancied Tom Petty, but no connection-just friends. It was like he was afraid of her...& he was married..

Sorry Stevie if you ever check in here at Toadies cafeè, but its in the book...no new news.

Guest swedishfish

I saw David Bowie about 84 or so..serious moonlight tour, was pretty good...Super talented guy and very sad he is gone too...I think he partied so much back in the day...coke, cognac etc..it finally caught up, as i think liver cancer...seemed like he would never die.(Capricorn-old when young ,young when old)..

You know...Stevie Nicks looks fabulous right now, at must be 70 ish...She is a Gemini lady(air too), but something about her picks my _____. She did lots of cocaine too, and her nose almost caved in....

I think she fancied Tom Petty, but no connection-just friends. It was like he was afraid of her...& he was married..

didn't they do a song together, petty and nicks? i think they did. it seems like, just based on the press and who knows how accurate that is, that she has "people" problems. people don't pick up what she puts down. i find it odd that i couldn't stick around to see her sing, but, of course, i can't attribute that to anything factual. just an oddity. bowie FOR SURE lived fast and yes, it was liver cancer. liver failure would be due to excessive partying but cancer? i suppose it could be but these days it seems like cancer can start anywhere, just based on what we breathe and eat, so it's hard for me to say that's why he developed his illness. he was just so brilliant and wouldn't let anyone railroad him into doing or saying what he didn't want to. that's massive. cocaine was big in the 70s and early 80s right? in terms of today's illicit market, that seems quite tame!

yes, in the 70's more psychedelic stuff(mind) was around...the 80's seem to bring out more coke heads(body)...not sure why the fads roll...

Now this fentanyl stuff is actually being put into other street drugs....stuff is deadly...just a tiny baby finger nail full would kill u... Tom Petty died from that, and a few other pain things he got from the doctor, and apparently some not from doctor...His hip was fractured and he wanted to keep touring, and by end of tour his hip had become broken...I cant imagine the pain he was going thru, casue just to put your back out is killer...OUCHIE

Guest swedishfish

It doesn't help that the entertainment industry has no qualms with wrecking these stars just for the sake of money either.  :(

absolutely!! in some regard, the advent of self-promotion has helped with that. in other ways, the big labels still have the up-side of established connections so it seems like self-promotion likely works better for established artists whose contracts at labels are coming up on expiration. and even then, they have to be super established because the label can still undercut, given its connections. for entertainers, the business is a hard place to be, as evidenced by the celebrity breakdowns we see in the media. people, and their skills and talents, aren't meant to be commodities. perhaps something to keep in mind with reading tarot.

The love of my life and the one concert I was far too young to go to when he hit my country however many times he did. Not that my father would have allowed it anyhow because he was against things like gay or bi.

You are soooooo lucky!

My older brother saw him as Ziggy Stardust and the reformed David Bowie, also, walking along Queen Street in Auckland (NZ) one day just like anyone else. He blended in.  My brother could not believe it or his luck!

I did get the chance when in London (UK) to go to one of his house parties near Victoria Station (I think) as my friend's two cousins, that were musicians, had been working on an album he was behind with Placebo or Smashing Pumpkins. They invited me because they knew I was a massive fan and they were allowed to bring anyone they wanted. True blue. My claim to almost meeting the man. He ended up staying in Switzerland, so it was postponed, and my visa had expired by about a month so it was my time up in the UK. Could not renew it.

Never got to meet him at all, but some things are just not meant to be as I see it.

He is a legend and an icon - he revolutionized the music world! I have loved his music since around the age of 4 or 5 and still think he is an amazing talent that was one of a kind.

DND  <3 <3 <3

Sorry Stevie if you ever check in here at Toadies cafeè, but its in the book...no new news.

Guest swedishfish

The love of my life and the one concert I was far too young to go to when he hit my country however many times he did. Not that my father would have allowed it anyhow because he was against things like gay or bi.

You are soooooo lucky!

My older brother saw him as Ziggy Stardust and the reformed David Bowie, also, walking along Queen Street in Auckland (NZ) one day just like anyone else. He blended in.  My brother could not believe it or his luck!

I did get the chance when in London (UK) to go to one of his house parties near Victoria Station (I think) as my friend's two cousins, that were musicians, had been working on an album he was behind with Placebo or Smashing Pumpkins. They invited me because they knew I was a massive fan and they were allowed to bring anyone they wanted. True blue. My claim to almost meeting the man. He ended up staying in Switzerland, so it was postponed, and my visa had expired by about a month so it was my time up in the UK. Could not renew it.

Never got to meet him at all, but some things are just not meant to be as I see it.

He is a legend and an icon - he revolutionized the music world! I have loved his music since around the age of 4 or 5 and still think he is an amazing talent that was one of a kind.

DND  <3 <3 <3

he had a one of a kind soul that is for sure! no question. to be at a party with him? wow. maybe next time. ;)

Totally unique...

His mom and brother suffered from bad mental illness...and he felt himself slipping that way, but pulled himself back up, and redirected himself into his music, and mime stuff he did..

Totally unique...

His mom and brother suffered from bad mental illness...and he felt himself slipping that way, but pulled himself back up, and redirected himself into his music, and mime stuff he did..

Wait, what sort of mental illness are we talking about here?

Totally unique...

Wait, what sort of mental illness are we talking about here?

Im not sure about his Moms, but his brother was in an asylum for a while, but later he ended up in front of a train...I think his brother was called Terry Jones...

Yes, his half-brother Terry. Schizophrenia.

One of his songs about the sky opening up is based on what happened to Terry when they were walking on a street one day. A meltdown moment.

I never knew how badly one of his eyes were dilated - just saw something about his eye recently and the fight he had with a friend over a girl. I always thought he got into a brawl with some guys that caused his eye to go one color after that fight.

Learn a new thing every day!

Totally unique...

One of his songs about the sky opening up is based on what happened to Terry when they were walking on a street one day. A meltdown moment.

I never knew how badly one of his eyes were dilated - just saw something about his eye recently and the fight he had with a friend over a girl. I always thought he got into a brawl with some guys that caused his eye to go one color after that fight.

Totally unique...

I was trying to find the bit on his Mom too...

His whole family. That is according to him in interviews over the years, so I think both parents and extended. He does come out with it in interviews about it being his "whole family" more or less - not really pointing fingers at the who so I am not really sure who other than his half-brother.

Through music and these elaborate roles he did as Ziggy - it was his way of dealing with it. But then when Ziggy took over and he was losing himself - he just suddenly quit.

Even his band had no idea!

He was strong at cutting things out or putting things to a stop when he had to....

DND  <3

Totally unique...

I was trying to find the bit on his Mom too...

Guest swedishfish

to me it sounded like his family, and really no one when he was growing up, understood his creative streak. he seemed not to feel like he was at home, at home. and to me that's sad. he seemed to live his life on his own terms, and that's what i respected the most.

to me it sounded like his family, and really no one when he was growing up, understood his creative streak. he seemed not to feel like he was at home, at home. and to me that's sad. he seemed to live his life on his own terms, and that's what i respected the most.

I think i read he was gifted at school & maybe a bit of a rebel... so ya