ToadieOdie

The Lily Pad Cafe

Guest swedishfish

to me it sounded like his family, and really no one when he was growing up, understood his creative streak. he seemed not to feel like he was at home, at home. and to me that's sad. he seemed to live his life on his own terms, and that's what i respected the most.

I think i read he was gifted at school & maybe a bit of a rebel... so ya

yep!

Guest swedishfish

All those guys in the British bands came off like that...bad gifted boyz

the beatles??? reallyyy?? and the monkees? you sure? i also heard led zeppelin didn't want plant but look what happened there!!

~D~

[move] <3 Greetings and Salutations! <3 [/move]

You have entered none other than the humble establishment of The Lily Pad Cafe. The music is just the right volume and sets the perfect mood for the day you're having. Beneath your feet, you feel the firm crush of the burgundy carpet with each step. Passing the clusters of cozy chairs that circle the low, walnut-colored coffee tables, you nod to your fellow patrons. The smell of fresh bread, pastries, and pies greets you as you make your way to the beverage counter. You fix yourself a cup of your favorite beverage and feel your worries melt away. Chatter from conversations behind you drift over and tug at the edge of your mind, begging you to join in and you turn to see who is speaking....

This thread is a place for those who wish to have a cozy place to chat about whatever. It's not a role playing thread. I thought the introduction would be a nice way to set the tone here. All I ask is that people remain respectful and supportive to each other here.

Toadie, ToadieOdie[/member]

I payed you a compliment somewhere about its not "verbal vomit" as you put it! You do have a way with words..gifted like!!!  Just have to watch the Libra double edge sword....Libras are very smart, very quick minded...Ones I have known well, can get frustrated fast...or sarcastic (can be funny to see), but maybe not to feel...Still one of my favorite signs to deal with...What are you beside the Libra Sun? You may have told me before, but what your moon, and rising or adscendant (cant spell)?

Wrote so much in diff places forget where we be...

~D~

~D~

the beatles??? reallyyy?? and the monkees? you sure? i also heard led zeppelin didn't want plant but look what happened there!!

swedishfish[/member]

I think they had good grades but went to art school...John Lennon was genius (Libra again)...The Monkees were a put together band, and Davy Jones was a horse Jockey...I think only guy new how to play an instrument was Mike Nesmith...maybe later they knew how...

Robert Plant was really smart in school, but was gonna be an accountant...Ive been to his farm, the one in the movie TSRTS..the song remains the same...He wasnt home, but i was right in front of the stage in 1975 when Zeppelin came to vancouver...ok, must not brag...

Guest swedishfish

swedishfish[/member]

I think they had good grades but went to art school...John Lennon was genius (Libra again)...The Monkees were a put together band, and Davy Jones was a horse Jockey...I think only guy new how to play an instrument was Mike Nesmith...maybe later they knew how...

Robert Plant was really smart in school, but was gonna be an accountant...Ive been to his farm, the one in the movie TSRTS..the song remains the same...He wasnt home, but i was right in front of the stage in 1975 when Zeppelin came to vancouver...ok, must not brag...

sounds amazing about plant. imo he gave zeppelin their spot on the charts, so there's something to be said about mathematics, eh? he's played at a SUPER SMALL spot south of LA in the desert. i haven't been to see him there but wouldn't be surprised if he did it again with someone like lucinda williams and i'd have to be dumb not to go. seriously. in many ways, english, math, law, and music draw on the same principles of logic. pretty incredible given how different those fields seem. not so when you review the fundamentals. i'm really not a fan of the beatles. or the monkees for that matter. and i only like a handful of stones' songs.

~D~

I lean more to the Stones now, than the Beatles..I saw Robert Plant again in 2005 I think, with i think his band was called "The Strange Sensation Band"...pretty good, but his voice is going now...Too much wailing over the years...He use to be so hot looking, and the most beautiful hair on a guy Id ever seen back in the day...

Guest swedishfish

I lean more to the Stones now, than the Beatles..I saw Robert Plant again in 2005 I think, with i think his band was called "The Strange Sensation Band"...pretty good, but his voice is going now...Too much wailing over the years...He use to be so hot looking, and the most beautiful hair on a guy Id ever seen back in the day...

oh everything he has is fading. still, to be in the same room, seeing him perform, seems worthwhile. :)

~D~

oh everything he has is fading. still, to be in the same room, seeing him perform, seems worthwhile. :)

Yes he spent too much time in the sun in Morrocco, i think... ;)

ToadieOdie

Toadie  meandered off....opened her cafe and splitzed

No, it was more like I had passed out into my coffee cup.  :-[ I'm terribly sorry about that. Sometimes even coffee isn't enough to keep me running. lol

ToadieOdie

Now, come to think of it... I thought I had read somewhere that an artist friend of Bowie's was working on a tarot deck inspired by Bowie. Some dual project they had going? I wished I had thought to save the link. Does anyone know anything about that? I distinctly recall that there was a promise to sell poster prints that would have your name on it in numeric form, or something along those lines.

~D~

Now, come to think of it... I thought I had read somewhere that an artist friend of Bowie's was working on a tarot deck inspired by Bowie. Some dual project they had going? I wished I had thought to save the link. Does anyone know anything about that? I distinctly recall that there was a promise to sell poster prints that would have your name on it in numeric form, or something along those lines.

Yes! There is a deck out there David Bowie inspired, but i cant recall the name... :)

Toadie, coffee runs through my veins, but lately its half caf or decaf, as i was getting heart skippys <3

I love the hype of coffee, but i also love the taste :P

Is this the deck? http://www.davidedeangelis.com/seedsinger

Saturn Celeste

;)

Let all the children boogey.

~D~

His whole family. That is according to him in interviews over the years, so I think both parents and extended. He does come out with it in interviews about it being his "whole family" more or less - not really pointing fingers at the who so I am not really sure who other than his half-brother. Mom and an Aunty DownUnderNZer[/member]

Through music and these elaborate roles he did as Ziggy - it was his way of dealing with it. But then when Ziggy took over and he was losing himself - he just suddenly quit. Yup, I remember I read he had to go away by himself and do super normal things, like wash the dishes and laundry, I guess to ground himself again DownUnderNZer[/member]

Even his band had no idea! (Super clever guy)

He was strong at cutting things out or putting things to a stop when he had to....(a Capricorn..like to be in control)...of himself here...

DND  <3

Yes, his half-brother Terry. Schizophrenia.

One of his songs about the sky opening up is based on what happened to Terry when they were walking on a street one day. A meltdown moment.

I never knew how badly one of his eyes were dilated - just saw something about his eye recently and the fight he had with a friend over a girl. I always thought he got into a brawl with some guys that caused his eye to go one color after that fight.  DownUnderNZer[/member] - Later it worked with his fame :)~D~

Learn a new thing every day!

Totally unique...

His mom and brother suffered from bad mental illness...and he felt himself slipping that way, but pulled himself back up, and redirected himself into his music, and mime stuff he did..

I was trying to find the bit on his Mom too...

~D~

;)

Let all the children boogey.

COOL!!!

when i read your comment I thought it might be a T. Rex song, as David Bowie and Marc Bolan were pals...all this cool old music <3

Beautiful Marc and also a LIbra too

Saturn Celeste

I didn't know Marc Bolan was a Libra!  I have so many favorite songs from him.

ToadieOdie

Yes! There is a deck out there David Bowie inspired, but i cant recall the name... :)

Toadie, coffee runs through my veins, but lately its half caf or decaf, as i was getting heart skippys <3

I love the hype of coffee, but i also love the taste :P

Is this the deck? http://www.davidedeangelis.com/seedsinger

Yes, that is the deck I was talking about. Thank you for finding the link for me.  :)

ToadieOdie

There is a surprising number of Libras in music (I think).

~D~

Yes!!! he is a libra and probably had dimples...suppose to be a thing with libras..cute Marc

~D~

The arts!...they are suppose to like beautiful stuff...music and art etc...

Saturn Celeste

I follow the Capricorn musicians.  Annie Lennox, Till Lindemann (Rammstein), Marilyn Manson, Aloe Blacc, David Bowie, Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin), Rob Zombie, Janis Joplin.  Some oldie goldies on that list!