ToadieOdie

The Lily Pad Cafe

ToadieOdie

There is a surprising number of Libras in music (I think).

I follow the Capricorn musicians.  Annie Lennox, Till Lindemann (Rammstein), Marilyn Manson, Aloe Blacc, David Bowie, Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin), Rob Zombie, Janis Joplin.  Some oldie goldies on that list!

Annie Lennox I've been listening to since childhood - she's a goddess in my book.  <3 Rob Zombie and David Bowie I need to be in the mood for. The others I'm aware of, but it's only on occasion I listen to.

~D~

I follow the Capricorn musicians.  Annie Lennox, Till Lindemann (Rammstein), Marilyn Manson, Aloe Blacc, David Bowie, Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin), Rob Zombie, Janis Joplin.  Some oldie goldies on that list!

There are many capricorns in music i agree!!! There are many front men that are Leos.. singers ...Robert Plant (Zep), Phil lynott (Thin Lizzy), Ian Gillan (Deep Purple), Madonna, Slash, Alison Krauss, Mick Jagger, Geddy Lee (Rush)....no fear :)

~D~

Annie Lennox I've been listening to since childhood - she's a goddess in my book.  <3 Rob Zombie and David Bowie I need to be in the mood for. The others I'm aware of, but it's only on occasion I listen to.

How about Annie Lennox and David Bowie together?

pure magic  :)

~D~

OK Toadie, we better put a fresh pot of coffee on X/ ToadieOdie[/member]

Here is a new subject..Single Tarot cards you Love ,this is from "lotus tarot"- I think it looks like ballet, and i like the color...

the-world_lotus_tarot_2.jpg.c191fb5f608c12261a1ec5052a8a61e0.jpg

ToadieOdie

I've been feeling this for awhile now. About a month at least.

*It feels better to me than before, or the last week there or so, so how does it feel for you now?

It hasn't been as intense as it was during the new moon this month. Holy cow was that crazy, and let's not even get into how things were for me before that. @_@

ToadieOdie

What gets me the most with these two is the tremendous amount of self control they have and how self contained they are on stage and in public. It's draining and exhausting to be like that all the time. When I was a child, I didn't entirely understand or why I shouldn't envy something like that. Now I know there comes a point where you can't always shut it off even if you want to.

ToadieOdie

Here is a new subject..Single Tarot cards you Love ,this is from "lotus tarot"- I think it looks like ballet, and i like the color...

That is a lovely card.  ;D And fresh coffee is ALWAYS welcome over here!  X/

~D~

I've been feeling this for awhile now. About a month at least.

*It feels better to me than before, or the last week there or so, so how does it feel for you now?

It hasn't been as intense as it was during the new moon this month. Holy cow was that crazy, and let's not even get into how things were for me before that. @_@

I felt off early September...energy sucked too...

~D~

What gets me the most with these two is the tremendous amount of self control they have and how self contained they are on stage and in public. It's draining and exhausting to be like that all the time. When I was a child, I didn't entirely understand or why I shouldn't envy something like that. Now I know there comes a point where you can't always shut it off even if you want to.

I was watching how David Bowie was looking at Annie Lennox there at one point, like some thinking going on there...It was a good look.. 2 capricorns-I think they have control...

~D~

That is a lovely card.  ;D And fresh coffee is ALWAYS welcome over here!  X/

Ya I like that card, but rest of deck is different, except a few...like they just wanted to get the deck over with...If they all had been like the above one would have been great...I think i have 1 more good one from that deck..i will look.. :)

~D~

So that one doesnt slay you, so how about this one? I forget who its from, but i have the name on my blog somewhere...I love it! <3 Ok info:The Hermit by Cathy McClelland- The Star tarot deck (super nice card!)

hermit_2_upright.jpg.6b7a381c3ddea79e7faac32c2113778f.jpg

ToadieOdie

I think both of those cards are really nice, D.

Sorry I've been in and out today. My brother stopped by with his wife and kiddos. They're having trouble with the in-laws and needed some serious down time. So my friend, my middle son's father, stopped by to play cards with us. He'll be back by tomorrow morning for my therapy day. So I'll be gone most of the day tomorrow.

~D~

That's cool they came by to play cards, and I havent done that in years :)

Well You seem very focused on the readings, which is to be admired, but dont burn out ever...Take your time when doing things for free....Especially when your doing big readings for free... It is super fun doing readings, but it can make you feel a bit wasted after...(gotta walk in the woods, or by water, or something)...I bet you are busy with family stuff after your done doing readings...Be kind, unwind  <3

ToadieOdie

I've been trying to do the readings during the down time of the family schedule - hence why that one day when I got a bunch done all in one shot because the boys were in school and my parents had gone out shopping. There were no demands on me and zero distractions so... I seized the moment for what it was.

This process I don't mind since it's part of how I learn and just roll as a rule. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to streamline things while still maintaining accuracy, my writer's voice, and authenticity. I also don't mind experimenting with creating spreads to discover something new that works and here is a very safe space to do that with since it's a learning environment. I'm not afraid to say here that I'm going to try something new to see how it turns out simply because it is free and I'll be getting feedback.

As it is I still need to post my Chaos Rally spread to explain how that one works.

~D~

I've been trying to do the readings during the down time of the family schedule - hence why that one day when I got a bunch done all in one shot because the boys were in school and my parents had gone out shopping. There were no demands on me and zero distractions so... I seized the moment for what it was.

This process I don't mind since it's part of how I learn and just roll as a rule. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to streamline things while still maintaining accuracy, my writer's voice, and authenticity. I also don't mind experimenting with creating spreads to discover something new that works and here is a very safe space to do that with since it's a learning environment. I'm not afraid to say here that I'm going to try something new to see how it turns out simply because it is free and I'll be getting feedback.

As it is I still need to post my Chaos Rally spread to explain how that one works.

That's very true that you can see what works and what might not, here on TT and M...

Yes feedback really helps..

On Etsy you might get feedback and stars, but it takes weeks sometimes..Even if you do a reading and deliver in 1 day there, it might take feedback 2 weeks to come if any at all, as they base it on how long a letter would take to get somewhere (maybe international (ages)or domestic (a week), then people hate the wait, and dont come back to leave feedback...or some dont bother anyways...So if you ever buy a reading from someone and you can leave feedback, remember to go back and do it!!!!  It sure helps readers.. <3

ToadieOdie

That's very true that you can see what works and what might not, here on TT and M...

Yes feedback really helps..

On Etsy you might get feedback and stars, but it takes weeks sometimes..Even if you do a reading and deliver in 1 day there, it might take feedback 2 weeks to come if any at all, as they base it on how long a letter would take to get somewhere (maybe international (ages)or domestic (a week), then people hate the wait, and dont come back to leave feedback...or some dont bother anyways...So if you ever buy a reading from someone and you can leave feedback, remember to go back and do it!!!!  It sure helps readers.. <3

Very much like book reviews on Amazon or Good Reads.  ;)

ToadieOdie

Today sucked. Hard. My youngest son got suspended from school for a week.  >:( Yes, what my child did was bad but I'm fairly certain they are blowing this way beyond out of proportion. I seriously doubt a 9 year old was able to threaten everyone on the bus with a piece of glass. There were two witnesses the principal said....  ??? So everyone on that school bus was threatened but there were only two witnesses that saw or heard anything? Fuck this and that woman's bullshit.

Mind you this is the same woman that tried to tell me last year this child was psychotic and therefore couldn't be at school, but the moment I walked in through the door he stopped his shit. That's not how psychosis works people. Not even close.

It's a long story, and an even longer day, but for now I'm just going to crawl into bed and take a nap.  :-\ My tolerance levels for both of them are completely maxed out. Trust me when I say this is only the surface of what's going on here.

~D~

Today sucked. Hard. My youngest son got suspended from school for a week.  >:( Yes, what my child did was bad but I'm fairly certain they are blowing this way beyond out of proportion. I seriously doubt a 9 year old was able to threaten everyone on the bus with a piece of glass. There were two witnesses the principal said....  ??? So everyone on that school bus was threatened but there were only two witnesses that saw or heard anything? Fuck this and that woman's bullshit.

Mind you this is the same woman that tried to tell me last year this child was psychotic and therefore couldn't be at school, but the moment I walked in through the door he stopped his shit. That's not how psychosis works people. Not even close.

It's a long story, and an even longer day, but for now I'm just going to crawl into bed and take a nap.  :-\ My tolerance levels for both of them are completely maxed out. Trust me when I say this is only the surface of what's going on here.

If you ever need to talk Toadie, you can PM me...

<3 <3 <3 and :hug:

I never raised boys, but I had brothers...

I raised a daughter as a single parent, and did the home schooling too...

My friends great nephew took a knife to school, and I think he was 10 or younger (likely kids were teasing him etc)...he has been suspended few times...Seems a nice kid when i speak with him...Rough school i think, and he gets teased likely for being first nations and Hungarian..

Getting teased is awful...

~D~

ToadieOdie

Today at the cafe' we are selling glasses of wine, and we have non alcohol type as well...cheers :)

Man, I could really use that wine today.  <3 The school called me today to inform me that my child can't come back AT ALL until he's had a risk assessment done and they wanted to have their school "psychologist" do that. I told them no, that our hospital staff will be doing it since this morning my son has received a referral for their day program. No idea how long he will be in the program this time around but the staff wants to see for themselves his actual behavior and not just what the school is reporting because we're not seeing any of it at home.

If it weren't for my own meds, I'd be totally enjoying a glass right now. Or hard cider even. I hate this school.

Saturn Celeste

When my son was in first grade he got into some trouble, ironically it was from me.  I as a school bus driver and happened to be walking out to the playground to say hi to him.  He was playing with one of his best friends and he tossed his friend to the ground and then kicked him!  I could not believe my eyes.  His teacher saw it at the same time I did and we both headed towards my son but I was more angry than she.  We never spanked my son, back in the '80s in Iowa they were taking kids away from parents and putting them into fosters homes at an alarming rate and I was afraid.  But this time I actually told his teacher he would be spanked by my husband when he got home from work.  He was in taekwando and in extra trouble with them.  I told his instructor so my son had to do extra pushups.  He did learn his lesson.

I would never have thought my son was capable of that kind of behavior - to kick someone when they're down - but he was.  Then the next year he got stupid on the merry-go-round and broke his arm.  I feel really bad for both you and your son to have to go through this.  You and your son will come out with a stronger bond though. animated-smileys-hug-002.gif

ToadieOdie

When my son was in first grade he got into some trouble, ironically it was from me.  I as a school bus driver and happened to be walking out to the playground to say hi to him.  He was playing with one of his best friends and he tossed his friend to the ground and then kicked him!  I could not believe my eyes.  His teacher saw it at the same time I did and we both headed towards my son but I was more angry than she.  We never spanked my son, back in the '80s in Iowa they were taking kids away from parents and putting them into fosters homes at an alarming rate and I was afraid.  But this time I actually told his teacher he would be spanked by my husband when he got home from work.  He was in taekwando and in extra trouble with them.  I told his instructor so my son had to do extra pushups.  He did learn his lesson.

I would never have thought my son was capable of that kind of behavior - to kick someone when they're down - but he was.  Then the next year he got stupid on the merry-go-round and broke his arm.  I feel really bad for both you and your son to have to go through this.  You and your son will come out with a stronger bond though. proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.animated-smileys.com%2Femoticons%2Fanimated-smileys-hug-002.gif&hash=48191396afa683d9bd597819622fa49b

Thanks for this.  (( I had the lovely joy of having to tell his father about all this and of course his immediate response was to bring up military school.  >:( Which is probably the worse thing you can do with a kid who has disorders like ours. I know this personally because that's how I grew up and I reminded him of that. I'm not putting any of my boys through that particular hell. He's still against homeschooling this child. Fine.... but I think he may be warming up to the idea now that I've mentioned the school to prison pipeline and the statistics surrounding it.

And of course he wants to speak to the school himself to get their side of the story. Not because he doesn't believe me (horseshit) but because he wants to see if they will tell him something different and catch them in a lie (why would they do this?). I really wish I didn't have to tell him anything because I know he's just going to try to cause trouble.

DownUnderNZer

Tell them your child is obviously going through a phase and just acting out.

He cannot be like my two brothers and that is saying something. How they turned out normal as adults still amazes me.

The oldest put my sister on fire inside the car with the handles he had undone with a screwdriver or spanner.

I think he was only 3 or 4 when he did that maybe even 5 because two of my sisters were locked in there with him smiling on the outside.

He burned down a barn of animals around the age of 11-13 and shot at  a police officer with a bow and arrow around that time too.

He did many horrendous things in his younger years and was given a "D" word following his name as in "Devil".

Some military reform army place was where he was put at the age of 15 after Psychiatrists and all kinds of intervention.

It was after this and when he got a job that he straightened out....

I do not think your son could be as bad as that and they should be more supportive.

DND  <3

I would never have thought my son was capable of that kind of behavior - to kick someone when they're down - but he was.  Then the next year he got stupid on the merry-go-round and broke his arm.  I feel really bad for both you and your son to have to go through this.  You and your son will come out with a stronger bond though. proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.animated-smileys.com%2Femoticons%2Fanimated-smileys-hug-002.gif&hash=48191396afa683d9bd597819622fa49b

Thanks for this.  (( I had the lovely joy of having to tell his father about all this and of course his immediate response was to bring up military school.  >:( Which is probably the worse thing you can do with a kid who has disorders like ours. I know this personally because that's how I grew up and I reminded him of that. I'm not putting any of my boys through that particular hell. He's still against homeschooling this child. Fine.... but I think he may be warming up to the idea now that I've mentioned the school to prison pipeline and the statistics surrounding it.

And of course he wants to speak to the school himself to get their side of the story. Not because he doesn't believe me (horseshit) but because he wants to see if they will tell him something different and catch them in a lie (why would they do this?). I really wish I didn't have to tell him anything because I know he's just going to try to cause trouble.