ToadieOdie

The Lily Pad Cafe

DownUnderNZer

PS  And sometimes my oldest brother never went to school - he did what he wanted. The headmaster of something equivalent to Middle School use to drive to our house to get him!

How lucky is that?  X-D

This is the same brother that got to see David Bowie in all his changes from Ziggy to Bowie. Because hitch hiking was not an issue for this little sod or getting into venues.

~D~

OK, a round of wine for everybody!!!! Toadie, we have non alcohol kind too....Maybe we can sit on a sun deck somewhere over looking the ocean or mountains.. :) <3

ToadieOdie

At the age of 19, I ran around San Antonio 100% convinced that I was gifted with the embodiment of Aphrodite and all her powers. This lasted roughly a year. My condition remained unrecognized and I received zero treatment.

Starting at the age of 33, I was 100% convinced that the government had me under psychic surveillance for FIVE YEARS and if I were tell anyone that I knew, or if I did anything wrong, they would have taken my children away and lock me up in some mental equivalent of Area 51. I lived in absolute fear that entire time until I got proper treatment.

What my son has is genetic. It is not a phase. It is a lifelong neurological condition. I have every right and justification to be concerned with what's going on with him right now.

ToadieOdie

You know best, girl :) your his Momma.... <3

I just don't want my kids to run through life like I had wondering why the hell I can't do life the way everyone else can. I don't want them to believe they are a bad person because they have to do things different. There's nothing wrong with marching to the beat of a different drum so long as you're not crushing people in the mud as you do it. But before you can be that one man band, you need to learn the instruments first.  ;) Someday my youngest son's music will be grand, until then we're going to have plenty of bumps, bruises, and scrapes along the way.

And lots of figurative wine.  :P

~D~

You know best, girl :) your his Momma.... <3

I just don't want my kids to run through life like I had wondering why the hell I can't do life the way everyone else can. I don't want them to believe they are a bad person because they have to do things different. There's nothing wrong with marching to the beat of a different drum so long as you're not crushing people in the mud as you do it. But before you can be that one man band, you need to learn the instruments first.  ;) Someday my youngest son's music will be grand, until then we're going to have plenty of bumps, bruises, and scrapes along the way.

And lots of figurative wine.  :P

Toadie,

The music thing is a really really good thing! I thought my daughter would be musical, cause her Dad is, but for her it came out with classical ballet...I had her in ballet when younger, and highland dancing too...Then there was a gap when i ran out of cashola, but we got her back in when homeschooling with the budget money from the homeschool place...Daughter did so much dance there for a while at 2 different schools & wanted to go pro, but had left it too late, sadly...You should have seen her on stage <3 Anyways she could have taught dance, but she said nope not what she wanted, and does other things...:(

Life of the single parent :o

Ya, I was once a white wineo...as in i dont like red ;)

~D~

PS/ SOMETIMES WHEN YOU SHOW PROMISE THEY GIVE SOME FREE LESSONS!!!! SOMETIMES THEY LET YOU HELP TEACH OTHER KIDS TOO!!! (that sometimes helps the child, when they get to help teach other kids)...However...some kids labelled gifted, they don't have patience for teaching other kids...(that also sucks)

ToadieOdie

I firmly believe that music therapy has a great deal of value. I wish Little Bear would get more involved with music in some way. I don't care if was dancing, singing, or playing an instrument. There are so many benefits to it for everyone.

Saturn Celeste

I firmly believe that music therapy has a great deal of value. I wish Little Bear would get more involved with music in some way. I don't care if was dancing, singing, or playing an instrument. There are so many benefits to it for everyone.

Are you familiar with Playing for Change?

https://playingforchange.com/

They take musicians all over the world that play different instruments or sings and remix this all into a song.  The reason I suggest this is they show the instrument as it enters into the song, so you can clearly hear the sound it makes.  As you listen to the song, you'll start to recognize the different sounds both together in harmony and individually.  The videos are awesome and they usually have a lot of kids in them.  I'll share a few of my favorites!

Satchita is from Brazil to India

https://playingforchange.com/videos/satchita/

Sittin' on the Dock by the Bay, an old classic

https://playingforchange.com/videos/sittin-on-the-dock-of-the-bay/

A Rolling Stones classic, Gimme Shelter from ALL around the world!

https://playingforchange.com/videos/gimmeshelter/

ToadieOdie

Are you familiar with Playing for Change?

https://playingforchange.com/

They take musicians all over the world that play different instruments or sings and remix this all into a song.  The reason I suggest this is they show the instrument as it enters into the song, so you can clearly hear the sound it makes.  As you listen to the song, you'll start to recognize the different sounds both together in harmony and individually.  The videos are awesome and they usually have a lot of kids in them.  I'll share a few of my favorites!

Satchita is from Brazil to India

https://playingforchange.com/videos/satchita/

Sittin' on the Dock by the Bay, an old classic

https://playingforchange.com/videos/sittin-on-the-dock-of-the-bay/

A Rolling Stones classic, Gimme Shelter from ALL around the world!

https://playingforchange.com/videos/gimmeshelter/

I think I have heard of them, but I haven't taken the time to listen to them yet. I need to share this with Tuxedo Cat since he plays the piano. I think he'd find this pretty cool.  :)

~D~

I forget how old u said little bear is...But I use to teach little kiddos and we taught the Reggio Emilia way..Be great for home schooling..Teach them what you hear them talking about, and then they are eager, and you branch out from that (can go on forever) so they learn tons...You create a web chart from the one subject, and then have all the branch offs related as well for teaching...Then when that's exhausted, start a new subject you hear them talking about (go on outings, walks etc) and that when you hear some kind of dialogue going on, & you create a web chart...It can include crafts, stories, music etc., related to the subject...Say it was 'cats" the subject you heard them talking about, so u  do cats ..but u ask the kids what cats remind them of...they might say cat poo (ya might have to talk about that)...or kittens..or cat food..and it goes on your chart as extra topic to explore...until u have exhausted all topic of cats...

The one book i still have is called Authentic Childhood by Susan Fraser (experiencing Reggio Emilia in the Classroom)

ToadieOdie

He's currently 9 right now and his father is just chomping at the bit to send him off to military school. He doesn't believe there is anything wrong with our son and wants to blame everyone else. This is why Little Bear had a neuropsych eval. A full two days of neurological and psychological testing. And when I say two full days, I mean two full days.

Brain scans, cognitive testing, skills testing, IQ testing, reality testing - the list goes on. This process isn't someone just walking in, looking at your kid, and pulling something out of a hat. Your child goes in there with them without you to do all this on their own so they can see for themselves what they can and can't do all by themselves. They also check for lesions, tumors, cysts and other abnormalities in the psychical structure of the brain. In some cases, depending on what's going on, they'll even do what's called a functional MRI where they will watch a live brain scan of your brain as it lights up during various stimulus to see what's going on with that. Certain disorders will light up in very specific patterns.

I have undergone this evaluation myself so I find it aggravating that he dismisses it as something they just make up as they go. There is no make believe or hocus-pocus involved here with a neuropsych. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of guesswork with the treatment process. The vast majority of the people with a mental illness, brain disorder, or developmental delay do not live in financial wealth. Many are lucky to live comfortably. Therefore research into treatment is slow and painful unless someone with a great deal of clout and money gets involved and raises awareness - such as the grandmother that launched the Autism Speaks organization for example.

I'm afraid that instead of trying to be honestly supportive of Little Bear, he will try to find some way to use this situation against me. He no longer wants Little Bear at this public school but he's also against homeschooling. So he's already string me into one of his traps.  :-\

~D~

He's currently 9 right now and his father is just chomping at the bit to send him off to military school. He doesn't believe there is anything wrong with our son and wants to blame everyone else. This is why Little Bear had a neuropsych eval. A full two days of neurological and psychological testing. And when I say two full days, I mean two full days.

Brain scans, cognitive testing, skills testing, IQ testing, reality testing - the list goes on. This process isn't someone just walking in, looking at your kid, and pulling something out of a hat. Your child goes in there with them without you to do all this on their own so they can see for themselves what they can and can't do all by themselves. They also check for lesions, tumors, cysts and other abnormalities in the psychical structure of the brain. In some cases, depending on what's going on, they'll even do what's called a functional MRI where they will watch a live brain scan of your brain as it lights up during various stimulus to see what's going on with that. Certain disorders will light up in very specific patterns.

I have undergone this evaluation myself so I find it aggravating that he dismisses it as something they just make up as they go. There is no make believe or hocus-pocus involved here with a neuropsych. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of guesswork with the treatment process. The vast majority of the people with a mental illness, brain disorder, or developmental delay do not live in financial wealth. Many are lucky to live comfortably. Therefore research into treatment is slow and painful unless someone with a great deal of clout and money gets involved and raises awareness - such as the grandmother that launched the Autism Speaks organization for example.

I'm afraid that instead of trying to be honestly supportive of Little Bear, he will try to find some way to use this situation against me. He no longer wants Little Bear at this public school but he's also against homeschooling. So he's already string me into one of his traps.  :-\

My X also didnt like the  home schooling...He thought daughter should go to school and be teased and bugged, and just suck it up...No way!! Some people just cant do whats the norm....

Military school be real harsh....Likely people in charge are bully types too, cause that happens in the real military and training...Some kids do thrive on a super routine...BUT it sucks if you are afraid and at military school, i would think.

Some X's are arses and just like to be controlling... Often they dont even care about the children involved, and just want to get at the old partner...

Ratty

He's currently 9 right now and his father is just chomping at the bit to send him off to military school.

Eek!

ToadieOdie

My X also didnt like the  home schooling...He thought daughter should go to school and be teased and bugged, and just suck it up...No way!! Some people just cant do whats the norm....

Military school be real harsh....Likely people in charge are bully types too, cause that happens in the real military and training...Some kids do thrive on a super routine...BUT it sucks if you are afraid and at military school, i would think.

Even my father, who is a military man, said absolutely not. He thinks it would be the WORST place for Little Bear. He says it's not for everyone and it's designed on purpose to either make or break you. The harder you fight back, the harder they'll come down on you. A place like that will wreck my kid.

~D~

Even my father, who is a military man, said absolutely not. He thinks it would be the WORST place for Little Bear. He says it's not for everyone and it's designed on purpose to either make or break you. The harder you fight back, the harder they'll come down on you. A place like that will wreck my kid.

Nephew went into the army (easy going guy, real sweet natured)...it was the beginning of the end for him...I think he wanted to impress my Mom and Dad that were in WW2 in the UK...dad a front gunner, and my mom a radar operator etc....RAF

He even use to swipe my dads medals...

Anyways, he got beat up badly by one of his officers...

ToadieOdie

Nephew went into the army (easy going guy, real sweet natured)...it was the beginning of the end for him...I think he wanted to impress my Mom and Dad that were in WW2 in the UK...dad a front gunner, and my mom a radar operator etc....RAF

Every single one of my boys are by default 4-F'd - as in the US Military won't enlist or draft them due to the disorders they have. So honestly, I would be shocked as hell if a military school would even let any one of them be enrolled in one of their schools.

~D~

Every single one of my boys are by default 4-F'd - as in the US Military won't enlist or draft them due to the disorders they have. So honestly, I would be shocked as hell if a military school would even let any one of them be enrolled in one of their schools.

Breath a sigh of relief <3

ToadieOdie

PLUS, there are only 2 military schools in the nation that take boys below 6th grade and neither of them are in the state his father is posted in right now. So I don't think his plan would work out the way he thinks it would.

Breath a sigh of relief <3

~D~

Toadie, ToadieOdie[/member]  :)

You got mail...

I PM'd you a couple..

To clarify a thing...

no pressure <3

~D~

ToadieOdie

Toadie, ToadieOdie[/member]  :)

You got mail...

I PM'd you a couple..

To clarify a thing...

no pressure <3

~D~

I got it. No worries. Notifications are set up for me to have a window to pop up. Most of the time it works so I usually see them.

*sinks into the chair with a hot cup of coffee*

Well thanks to all the practice readings, I've been able to put together a reading template for the Celtic Cross spread. I've been using Holmes' study on that spread as a reference in my readings and I feel it's added quite a bit of depth since I've done that.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to take that template and build templates for the rest of the readings I plan to offer in my shop. This should ensure consistency and professionalism in the way the PDF files appear when the readings are delivered. At some point soon I need to offer free readings to the community over at Scribophile so I can practice writer readings and more importantly, practice reading for lay people.

ToadieOdie

Well, tomorrow morning I take my son in for his intake evaluation over at the partial in-patient program. It will mean that I will very likely be leaving him there by the time we're done. On the upside, I get to come back at the end of the day to pick him up. It will make for long days while he's going there since I'll be driving hour one way each time for a total of four hours a day.

So please forgive me if I'm not on as much. I'm not trying to ignore anyone.

~D~

Well, tomorrow morning I take my son in for his intake evaluation over at the partial in-patient program. It will mean that I will very likely be leaving him there by the time we're done. On the upside, I get to come back at the end of the day to pick him up. It will make for long days while he's going there since I'll be driving hour one way each time for a total of four hours a day.

Ill check in here, but I'm making a couple stops, and then going to a big Hungarian wedding at some point...wild times ahead >:D 8) :) :o etc

Ps/plant is a Fairy Lilly, just found out from Avalon :)

ToadieOdie

Ill check in here, but I'm making a couple stops, and then going to a big Hungarian wedding at some point...wild times ahead >:D 8) :) :o etc

Ps/plant is a Fairy Lilly, just found out from Avalon :)

Nice! To both the wedding and the plant.  <3