This is the DE-ENABLE thread concerning buying and reading of tarot.

Saturn Celeste

6 hours ago, Nanook said:

I keep looking at Ciro Marchetti’s Retrospective Tarot.  The colors, the beautiful perfect people....please talk me out of it. 

Have to agree with Decan's comments. I've got an earlier deck, and it's all just so polished and perfect and unrelatable.

@Decan wow, you just de-enabled me from something I didn't know I wanted. Pre-emptive de-enabling, impressive!

(My head nearly exploded at the comment on Robert Place.... but I kind of see your point. I love his work as illustrations rather than as tarot decks.)

50 minutes ago, ilweran said:

My head nearly exploded at the comment on Robert Place....

Well, I recognize that I was a horrid man here; I don't know what happens currently I don't recognize myself... and the full moon is at the end of the week!

Oh guys, please pray in order that I don't transform myself into any werewolf LOL

Likely it's because of the proximity of Halloween!!! After I will become someone else, someone who will sing and dance on the enabling thread! Hmm... but this will be more  boring though 🤣

tenor.gif?itemid=9452549

2 hours ago, Decan said:

Absolutely, my pleasure!

Actually we don't need to say too much about it, well, if you already saw just one deck by Ciro you've seen everything! It's silvery, goldy, the card stock is thick and laminated, italian jesters and Venician masks here there and everywhere, some nudity mixed with a romantic touch (sickly sentimental?), nothing vulgar of course, but really repetitive and boring. Very commercial and a lack of soul (but for a complete lack of soul Robert Place is better). 😈

Spot on. Also it's, like, retrospective. All the cards are taken from his other decks. I mean, like, WHY ? People don't like collaborative decks and this is kind of like that - inconsistent. Also a bit muddy. (It has a nice bag - unpick it and it would make a very very very small scarf...)

But yes, Place is WAY WAY worse. Absolutely unreadable with and thick card to boot. The Vampires is the worst. Cold, dull and the corners are stabby sharp. And frightfully learned - allegedly - until you actually try to learn from them, then - not so much.

But a nice murder mystery book instead (may I suggest the lovely Donna Leon) and take to bibliomancy.

3 hours ago, Decan said:

Absolutely, my pleasure!

Actually we don't need to say too much about it, well, if you already saw just one deck by Ciro you've seen everything! It's silvery, goldy, the card stock is thick and laminated, italian jesters and Venician masks here there and everywhere, some nudity mixed with a romantic touch (sickly sentimental?), nothing vulgar of course, but really repetitive and boring. Very commercial and a lack of soul (but for a complete lack of soul Robert Place is better). 😈

coffee lol GIF

12 hours ago, ilweran said:

@Decan wow, you just de-enabled me from something I didn't know I wanted. Pre-emptive de-enabling, impressive!

(My head nearly exploded at the comment on Robert Place.... but I kind of see your point. I love his work as illustrations rather than as tarot decks.)

Rofl. I'm not sure how i missed the hilarious previous responses when I commented earlier. Brilliant. No polite avoidance of toes around here! I needed that laugh I can tell you.

Sooooooo......  I've been lusting after The Sabbath Tarot, 😉 and was so sure that I was going to back it, but then I started to have doubts.  I really wonder if it's just the hot bods that are calling to me, or if I really do need this deck in my collection.   I've gone back and forth on it.  It's a lot of cash (over $100 Canadian) and I've been asking myself if I really will use it. Or am I just going to keep drooling over the cards...maybe pin them up around the house LOL  

I need cooler heads than mine to talk me out of it. 

1 hour ago, Venus Rising said:

Sooooooo......  I've been lusting after The Sabbath Tarot, 😉 and was so sure that I was going to back it, but then I started to have doubts.  I really wonder if it's just the hot bods that are calling to me, or if I really do need this deck in my collection.   I've gone back and forth on it.  It's a lot of cash (over $100 Canadian) and I've been asking myself if I really will use it. Or am I just going to keep drooling over the cards...maybe pin them up around the house LOL  

Er... Well, it's certainly well done. Useful? Sure, if your clientele is mostly kinky Satanists.

As a personal deck, it's haaaard to say. I would be very distracted by all those enormous schwanzschtückers! All haaaaard!

And... for a $100 Canadian?

image.png.2dbc5871d92cac370038b624fb9cbcfc.png

Edited by FLizarraga

Ahaha, well, you know I made a whole thread about this deck, @Venus Rising, and I've been stalking the KS constantly because I am completely obsessed with this deck!!!!

But I'll give it my best shot. 😄

You definitely don't want this deck! The models are just too attractive. They're too hot! If you bought this deck, you'd never be able to concentrate on tarot because you'd be too distracted. Those three different smoking hot devil cards alone are clearly designed to tempt you away from the goal of reading cards for other people and into a preoccupation with the dark delights of devilish lust. And don't get me started on "Intemperance!" A few weeks with that card and you'll be greeting your clients with bacchanalian rites and scenes inspired by gothic horror novels and racy european art films. Do you want your clients to come for advice on their dating life and be treated to reenactments of The Story of O? 

No?

(.....are you sure?)

Well, then, there you are! Run, run far away from the Sabbath Tarot!

Edited by bookshop

10 hours ago, Venus Rising said:

Like @bookshop says - You'd be too distracted by all those perfect naked bodies to focus on giving a good reading!  And aren't they a bit too perfect really - more like pin up posters...

Also it's such a dark looking deck, would you really be able to give a fair and balanced reading using it?  (Or would you just be telling clients to run off and go to bed with the next guy/girl that comes along looking like the one in the card!?)

Also the 6 of Cups - a cyclops guy with a huge flower for a head? What is that about!?

47 minutes ago, stephanelli said:

And aren't they a bit too perfect really - more like pin up posters...

Also it's such a dark looking deck,

Yeah I find them all rather a bit too over-the-top. These guys would be too busy looking in the mirror and counting carbs to look at their partner or take them out to tea. I look at those bulging veins and fear they're about to have an aneurysm. Personally I like men to have more body hair than I do, too - I don't understand the head-to-toe wax thing.

I don't know what sort of lifestyle you'd need to be having to connect with this deck - maybe inner-city nightclub owners or gallery curators who run Shibari classes in their loft apartments.

14 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

Er... Well, it's certainly well done. Useful? Sure, if your clientele is mostly kinky Satanists.

As a personal deck, it's haaaard to say. I would be very distracted by all those enormous schwanzschtückers! All haaaaard!

And... for a $100 Canadian?

image.png.2dbc5871d92cac370038b624fb9cbcfc.png

LOL all good points.  Soooooo haaaarrrrdddd 🤣  yeah, once I stopped and thought about the price.....there are other decks....and hydro bills that that money could go towards......

8 hours ago, bookshop said:

Ahaha, well, you know I made a whole thread about this deck, @Venus Rising, and I've been stalking the KS constantly because I am completely obsessed with this deck!!!!

But I'll give it my best shot. 😄

You definitely don't want this deck! The models are just too attractive. They're too hot! If you bought this deck, you'd never be able to concentrate on tarot because you'd be too distracted. Those three different smoking hot devil cards alone are clearly designed to tempt you away from the goal of reading cards for other people and into a preoccupation with the dark delights of devilish lust. And don't get me started on "Intemperance!" A few weeks with that card and you'll be greeting your clients with bacchanalian rites and scenes inspired by gothic horror novels and racy european art films. Do you want your clients to come for advice on their dating life and be treated to reenactments of The Story of O? 

No?

(.....are you sure?)

Well, then, there you are! Run, run far away from the Sabbath Tarot!

hahhaha @bookshop  I knowwwww and I SO appreciate you giving your best shot and de-enabling me! I was SOOOOOO sure I was going to get this, I don't know what happened.  I guess reason, an empty bank account, and lower hormones must have stepped in LOL!!! 

I don't think I would bat an eye if it was under $100......and who am I going to use this on other than myself?  It's pretty Satan-y, and I'm not a Satanist. 

oh but that Star card! It's a beaut!   oh gods, I am wavering today.   Thank you for really trying to de-enable me, as I know that was tough for you 😄 

1 hour ago, Venus Rising said:

LOL all good points.  Soooooo haaaarrrrdddd 🤣  yeah, once I stopped and thought about the price.....there are other decks....and hydro bills that that money could go towards......

hahhaha @bookshop  I knowwwww and I SO appreciate you giving your best shot and de-enabling me! I was SOOOOOO sure I was going to get this, I don't know what happened.  I guess reason, an empty bank account, and lower hormones must have stepped in LOL!!! 

I don't think I would bat an eye if it was under $100......and who am I going to use this on other than myself?  It's pretty Satan-y, and I'm not a Satanist. 

oh but that Star card! It's a beaut!   oh gods, I am wavering today.   Thank you for really trying to de-enable me, as I know that was tough for you 😄 

It was as hard as all those schlongs...

Also the 6 of Cups - a cyclops guy with a huge flower for a head? What is that about!?

Vessels%20-%206.jpg

oh @stephanelli since i have thought about this deck way too hard (lol) i'll take a stab at this! 

There are a lot of cards in this deck where the figures seem to be either merging with their landscape — like the empress up there, the 2 of vessels, the ace of staffs, and the 4 of staffs — or else hybrids of animals. I see this card that combines both these ideas along with the pastoral theme of this card, while still giving you a touch of the occult/witchy/lovecraftian. it reminds you a bit of the Demigorgon from Stranger Things!  A hot demigorgon. lolol.

I don't know, I mean I love naked people as much as the next person but no way. This deck is too much. I'd take the Amerigo Folchi's Priapo tarot over this any day. It pushes boundaries and says something. This is just beautiful naked people with muscles. 

I have the Cosmic Tribe which is full of naked people, not all hot bods but real bods, but that deck is awesome ... this one looks sooooooo commercial and the 6 of Cups posted made me immediately think of of Cosmic Tribe (but twisted) rip off without substance with the eye in the center of the flower on the dude's head.  Blahhhhhh I would not touch that deck with a 10 foot poll, me and my Cosmic Tribe are snobbing our noses at this knockoff Tarot wanna-be 😝.  Don't waste your money on that thing!

Edited by Jewel

I had a look at it on Kickstarter and I saw this:
"The misconception that witches are only women extends into our modern world as well, however, huge numbers of men identify as witches, rejecting the stereotypical labels such as ‘warlock’  that some embrace...This tarot deck and its forthcoming companion, The Sabbath photobook glorify the image of the male witch through a display of their power and authority."

Well, it's about time! Men have been completely marginalized and ignored throughout history. Why does Dick Van Dyke trip over the hassock during the opening credits of HIS show, and not Mary Tyler Moore? Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! There is only one way to correct this horrible injustice: a beefcake Tarot with lots of "enormous schwanzschtückers! All haaaaard!" They might make it even MORE inclusive and put Ron Jeremy in it -

Ack. I just grossed myself out. Pass the brain bleach. 

On 9/26/2019 at 4:27 AM, stephanelli said:

Like @bookshop says - You'd be too distracted by all those perfect naked bodies to focus on giving a good reading!  And aren't they a bit too perfect really - more like pin up posters...

Also it's such a dark looking deck, would you really be able to give a fair and balanced reading using it?  (Or would you just be telling clients to run off and go to bed with the next guy/girl that comes along looking like the one in the card!?)

You make some really good points.....how balanced will a reading with it really be??  Am I really going to do a career reading with this deck?? LOL

Omg yes that 6 of cups is WTF for sure. It was one of the cards that really made me scratch my head. 

Thank you for the de-enabling 🙂

On 9/26/2019 at 5:26 AM, archimedea said:

Yeah I find them all rather a bit too over-the-top. These guys would be too busy looking in the mirror and counting carbs to look at their partner or take them out to tea. I look at those bulging veins and fear they're about to have an aneurysm. Personally I like men to have more body hair than I do, too - I don't understand the head-to-toe wax thing.

I don't know what sort of lifestyle you'd need to be having to connect with this deck - maybe inner-city nightclub owners or gallery curators who run Shibari classes in their loft apartments.

I truly love the bodies on these guys, which, if I am being honest is the ONLY reason I'm lusting for this deck haha!  LOL at the lifestyle comment....yeah, I'm not entirely sure who the demographic is, but that Kickstarter has proven that a lot of people want this deck - I mean, $38K is awesome.  

thank you all for your de-enabling efforts! 52 hours left to go and I'm still undecided.....

3 minutes ago, Venus Rising said:

You make some really good points.....how balanced will a reading with it really be??  Am I really going to do a career reading with this deck?? LOL

Eep! Making a career out of schwanzschtückers is known to be a dangerous profession.
Or maybe it should be interpreted in the colloquial sense: "Everything is coming up d**ks."
Either way, it gets a NOPE from me.

On 9/26/2019 at 10:11 AM, FLizarraga said:

It was as hard as all those schlongs...

BAHAHAAAHAHA!!!! :lol:

On 9/26/2019 at 9:17 AM, bookshop said:

@Venus Rising oh, you mean this star card?

image.thumb.png.2d419508e59f42a40c125d4db57b37a4.png

I'm partial to the witch queen myself. Very seasonal! 😄

image.thumb.png.a5c4922cc81f086ee2eb3ec2e6963bd1.png

ohhh dang, I do love that witch queen card.     *ps......this is DEENABLE not ENABLE thread!!!* LOL!!!! 😄 

5 hours ago, Jewel said:

I have the Cosmic Tribe which is full of naked people, not all hot bods but real bods, but that deck is awesome ... this one looks sooooooo commercial and the 6 of Cups posted made me immediately think of of Cosmic Tribe (but twisted) rip off without substance with the eye in the center of the flower on the dude's head.  Blahhhhhh I would not touch that deck with a 10 foot poll, me and my Cosmic Tribe are snobbing our noses at this knockoff Tarot wanna-be 😝.  Don't waste your money on that thing!

Oh interesting...I don't have Cosmic Tribe, so I'm unfamiliar with it.  Thanks for enlightening me 🙂 

3 hours ago, katrinka said:

I had a look at it on Kickstarter and I saw this:
"The misconception that witches are only women extends into our modern world as well, however, huge numbers of men identify as witches, rejecting the stereotypical labels such as ‘warlock’  that some embrace...This tarot deck and its forthcoming companion, The Sabbath photobook glorify the image of the male witch through a display of their power and authority."

Well, it's about time! Men have been completely marginalized and ignored throughout history. Why does Dick Van Dyke trip over the hassock during the opening credits of HIS show, and not Mary Tyler Moore? Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! There is only one way to correct this horrible injustice: a beefcake Tarot with lots of "enormous schwanzschtückers! All haaaaard!" They might make it even MORE inclusive and put Ron Jeremy in it -

Ack. I just grossed myself out. Pass the brain bleach. 

THIS.  Thank you for saying that......when I first read it on their blurb, it didn't sit well with me, but I told myself since they included women in the deck, then I was a bit more ok with it.  I kind of like that it's mostly men being the focus with the full nudity. Usually it's women being shown naked in decks.    Perhaps I'm shallow, but I dig it purely for the aesthetics.  BUT......do I dig it enough to warrant paying 100 bones and probably will just drool over it instead of really reading with it?  Probably not.  😞 

4 minutes ago, katrinka said:

Eep! Making a career out of schwanzschtückers is known to be a dangerous profession.
Or maybe it should be interpreted in the colloquial sense: "Everything is coming up d**ks."
Either way, it gets a NOPE from me.

lol very true. thanks for being another voice of reason for me.  🙂 

Venus Rising

Just wanted to followup and say a huge thank you to @FLizarraga , @bookshop, @stephanelli , @archimedea @40knows , @Jewel and @katrinka for making  me see reason and for the excellent de-enabling on the Sabbath Tarot.  I'm happy to say that the KS is closed on this deck and I did NOT purchase it.

Further, I just saw that the artist sells prints of his work, so I've decided that at some point, I'll treat myself to a print (or 2) of his work which I can then admire in much *ahem* larger detail  :bubble_bdrool:   LOL

This makes so much more sense than having a deck that I wouldn't really use. 

Thanks again!