This is the DE-ENABLE thread concerning buying and reading of tarot.

Saturn Celeste

Interesting thread, but it does not feel as an actual de-enabling thread.

So, if I actually need de-enabling, is this the place I should come to?

Case in point: The Influence of the Angels Tarot. It looks like the love child of the Victorian Romantic and Kat Black's Golden Tarot. It is divine in every way. It has metallic gold edges. It is already in my Amazon cart. Help me!

Oh great!  Now I've put the deck on my wish list in Amazon.  :bwah:

Take it out. It's sumptuous - but that disguises the fact that it's a LOT of pictures of - well, Angels. Now the book gives you a load of information about each of them - but when I buy a tarot deck, I want a tarot deck. This one will not read for me. I don't think it's ONLY that I don't believe in it all...

Interesting thread, but it does not feel as an actual de-enabling thread.

So, if I actually need de-enabling, is this the place I should come to?

Case in point: The Influence of the Angels Tarot. It looks like the love child of the Victorian Romantic and Kat Black's Golden Tarot. It is divine in every way. It has metallic gold edges. It is already in my Amazon cart. Help me!

Oh great!  Now I've put the deck on my wish list in Amazon.  :bwah:

Take it out. It's sumptuous - but that disguises the fact that its a LOT of picture of - well, Angels. Now the book gives you a load of information about each of them - but when I buy a tarot deck, I want a tarot deck. This one will not read for me. I don't think it's ONLY that I don't believe in it all...

Good de-enabling, gregs!  X/

Thank you Flizzarraga, that is a beautiful deck, but no, no, no, you are enabling meeeee!  >:D

l have de-enabled myself by watching a youtube unwrap. l know now l could not work with it. This my sound strange but for an Angel deck it has no soul.  l see pics of Angels and people but they are so flat, nothing jumps out to me. l see nothing that is intuitive or exciting for me.

It reminds me a little of Kat Blacks Golden Tarot which l went off using eventually.

NO idea what happened there; excuse, please delete !

But wait - posting that deck is not enabling, raggy. On the contrary. The more I look at it the more I realise that - just NO. The best thing is the gilded edges - and - well, I have other gilded edges with better cards in them :)

NO idea what happened there; excuse, please delete !

But wait - posting that deck is not enabling, raggy. On the contrary. The more I look at it the more I realise that - just NO. The best thing is the gilded edges - and - well, I have other gilded edges with better cards in them :)

Nice save!!  :biggrin:

After telling myself that i was going to cool it with the deck-buying after a pretty successful fall, since New Year's Eve, instead, i have somehow bought/pledged for:

- the Jugendstil

- the Swietlistej Drojie

- the Divine Circus Oracle

- the Wooden Tarot and the Pathfinder Oracle (breaking my rule about no repeat-themed decks, but the wooden tarot is just so lovely!)

- the Claude Burdel tarot de Marseilles

Plus I still have the True Black tarot and the Blood Moon tarot arriving in spring.

Is this too much? I feel this is too much! Help!

Yeah, I don't see the point in buying loads more once you've found a deck that's working for you, they're just distracting you from gaining a deeper experience with it.

Saturn Celeste

Ok all you naysayers!  The reason I want it is because I use Angel decks for clients that love angels (and there are several) and it will round out my angel decks. 

I have the Watcher Angels which is Enochian angels

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/watcher-angel/

Shining Angels

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/shining-angels/

And the Influence of Angels will round out my collection nicely!  I think seeing the archetypes in the tarot as angels might even make someone not sure about the tarot more comfortable.

DownUnderNZer

I like the Ascended Masters which is about the only Doreen Virtue deck I like.

No other Angel decks I'm afraid, but if I saw one I really liked I would get it.

Saturn Celeste - this is how I see it. If the deck speaks to you (not literally), has something to offer that is different and productive, and is worth its weight in gold.

Then buy it.

DND >:D

Ok all you naysayers!  The reason I want it is because I use Angel decks for clients that love angels (and there are several) and it will round out my angel decks. 

Shining Angels

And the Influence of Angels will round out my collection nicely!  I think seeing the archetypes in the tarot as angels might even make someone not sure about the tarot more comfortable.

Shining Angels

But it's ONLY angels. Watcher Angels in particular has something special about it. This is just a shedload of Renaissance etc. art with tarot titles and a booklet about angels. You can do the "more comfortable" thing with what you have already. You already HAVE the archetypes as angels. Why are you HERE if you are determined to buy it ANYWAY ? This is not a thread for people planning to BUY. Go away and read a good book till the urge passes. You truly do NOT need it. (And the gilded edges will only dazzle you and then flake away.)

After telling myself that i was going to cool it with the deck-buying after a pretty successful fall, since New Year's Eve, instead, i have somehow bought/pledged for:

- the Jugendstil

- the Swietlistej Drojie

- the Wooden Tarot and the Pathfinder Oracle (breaking my rule about no repeat-themed decks, but the wooden tarot is just so lovely!)

Plus I still have the True Black tarot and the Blood Moon tarot arriving in spring.

Yes. Far too much. Dump everything that isn't a commitment already made (e.g. Kickstarter.) I don't think you can back out of those. So dump the rest. You'll walk - and read - lighter for it.  Otherwise you may end up like me. I need a second house. Things have got that bad. I just put over 100 video tapes in the BIN to make space.

Guest Night Shade

Shining Angels

Saturn Celeste[/member] , you're supposed to de-enabling us, not tempting us!  :))

- the Jugendstil

- the Swietlistej Drojie

Yes. Far too much. Dump everything that isn't a commitment already made (e.g. Kickstarter.) I don't think you can back out of those. So dump the rest. You'll walk - and read - lighter for it.  Otherwise you may end up like me. I need a second house. Things have got that bad. I just put over 100 video tapes in the BIN to make space.

You can cancel pledges on Kickstarter. At least I’ve been able to do so in the past

Shining Angels

Saturn Celeste[/member] , you're supposed to de-enabling us, not tempting us!  :))

Who is seriously TEMPTED by that as a deck ? (except her...) Bling and old masters, Nah.

- the Jugendstil

- the Swietlistej Drojie

You can cancel pledges on Kickstarter. At least I’ve been able to do so in the past

REALLY ? I had no idea I might need to know that some day :) Thanks.

Saturn Celeste

But it's ONLY angels. Watcher Angels in particular has something special about it. This is just a shedload of Renaissance etc. art with tarot titles and a booklet about angels. You can do the "more comfortable" thing with what you have already. You already HAVE the archetypes as angels. Why are you HERE if you are determined to buy it ANYWAY ? This is not a thread for people planning to BUY. Go away and read a good book till the urge passes. You truly do NOT need it. (And the gilded edges will only dazzle you and then flake away.)

X-D  :blol: :bdrool: :bthanks: X-D

I consider myself schooled Gregory!  I must say, I got a gift card for my birthday and for a moment I thought about diving in and getting it but I don't think I want it THAT much.  There were other decks I wanted more.  I'll keep looking out for another decent angel deck but perhaps not that one.  You won this round but be prepared for another one because you're just so much fun to argue with!  ((  <3

gregory[/member] Here is a link to how you cancel a pledge: https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005133013-Can-I-cancel-a-pledge- It can only be done while the project is live, once its funded and closed then you can’t back out

AH - that figures. The only times I have wanted to was on the two occasions I was stiffed. Thanks :)

X-D  :blol: :bdrool: :bthanks: X-D

I consider myself schooled Gregory!  I must say, I got a gift card for my birthday and for a moment I thought about diving in and getting it but I don't think I want it THAT much.  There were other decks I wanted more.  I'll keep looking out for another decent angel deck but perhaps not that one.  You won this round but be prepared for another one because you're just so much fun to argue with!  ((  <3

Well of COURSE I am. Who has more experience of buying and regretting - and as a COLLECTOR, I cannot then dispose of the duds. I own the Power Animals, for god's sake. How bad can things get. I know whereof I speak.

Saturn Celeste

I own the Power Animals, for god's sake. How bad can things get. I know whereof I speak.

X-D  I LIKE the Power Animals deck!!  X-D 

I own the Power Animals, for god's sake. How bad can things get. I know whereof I speak.

Dear god.....  :bugeyed: Don't TELL everyone  :shhh:

:(( This is the DE-enable thread, remember?!!  ;D

:(( This is the DE-enable thread, remember?!!  ;D

Don't worry - no-one in their right mind would even consider buying THAT atrocity. With a peaCOCK as Queen of Wands ? A male queen ???