Saturn Celeste

This is the DE-ENABLE thread concerning buying and reading of tarot.

katrinka
22 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

Aaaaaaaaand.... what do you wipe your fanning powder with?

I don't wipe it. I put the cards and a pinch of powder in a paper bag and shake it all up. Then I take the cards out and riffle shuffle a few times and they're good to go.
All you need is a pinch of powder, don't overdo.

Albadawn

Anyone tried the Tattoo Tarot (Ink & Intuition)? I’ve got a bit of a pull to it just now but not sure if I’m just being greedy. Any drawbacks?

@Flaxen pinging you as it’s a pip deck!

Thanks all!

Dawn

gregory

Well, I have no idea about your greed; I thought that was my province. Most people seem to love it. That always puts me off. I do recall being hugely disappointed when it arrived, and I haven't used it except to look at. I THINK I recall the card stock being very hefty indeed; I always hate that. I can't look till Friday.... but I'd say - buy something else. I suggest chocolate covered coffee beans - but that's possibly because i am eating them right now... I am certain sure I like them better than this deck, though.

Then again - I don't much like tarot tats, to be honest.

Raggydoll

@Albadawn I will say that I am seriously unimpressed by the artwork. They add a swirl and a couple of leafs and call it tattoo art... it just looks like a modern comic book rendering of the tdM to me. And not a very clever one either.

Look at the couple with their extremely short limbs... and what’s up with that swirly cloud behind them? Did they have beans for dinner? (And the positioning - on each side, just like with the two stars... very imaginative 😒)

18824EDA-3716-43D4-80A8-9EDE016328CA.thumb.jpeg.5b290e4a9f5e53237002379994e3eaa8.jpeg

Now, the Death card.. so underwhelming. We might have at least expected to see a tattoo on the reapers ass! But no, he’s jolly and all wrapped up in a Christmas-y red ribbon. And next to him is what looks like the star of Bethlehem. I dare not speculate who those two victims are...Its like the tattoo nightmare before Christmas! 

Why not just purchase some tarot-like rub on tattoos, put them on your butt and then tell people where to look if they want their futures told 😎

9E51D75B-7180-4E3F-982B-54DAADCB5F1C.jpeg.6ae52183ff076df96b653191ef7c02d2.jpeg

(All these pics were borrowed from benewells blog where she did a review of this deck. I won’t link it because she’s not a good de-enabler 😝

Albadawn
11 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

@Albadawn I will say that I am seriously unimpressed by the artwork. They add a swirl and a couple of leafs and call it tattoo art... it just looks like a modern comic book rendering of the tdM to me. And not a very clever one either.

Look at the couple with their extremely short limbs... and what’s up with that swirly cloud behind them? Did they have beans for dinner? (And the positioning - on each side, just like with the two stars... very imaginative 😒)

18824EDA-3716-43D4-80A8-9EDE016328CA.thumb.jpeg.5b290e4a9f5e53237002379994e3eaa8.jpeg

Now, the Death card.. so underwhelming. We might have at least expected to see a tattoo on the reapers ass! But no, he’s jolly and all wrapped up in a Christmas-y red ribbon. And next to him is what looks like the star of Bethlehem. I dare not speculate who those two victims are...Its like the tattoo nightmare before Christmas! 

Why not just purchase some tarot-like rub on tattoos, put them on your butt and then tell people where to look if they want their futures told 😎

9E51D75B-7180-4E3F-982B-54DAADCB5F1C.jpeg.6ae52183ff076df96b653191ef7c02d2.jpeg

(All these pics were borrowed from benewells blog where she did a review of this deck. I won’t link it because she’s not a good de-enabler 😝

You crack me up 🤣 Thanks for replying! That was a bit touch and go. I even asked my Grand Luxe what it thought and drew the Four of Coins!! 🤣

Raggydoll
1 hour ago, Albadawn said:

You crack me up 🤣 Thanks for replying! That was a bit touch and go. I even asked my Grand Luxe what it thought and drew the Four of Coins!! 🤣

:bubble_blovekiss: