This is the DE-ENABLE thread concerning buying and reading of tarot.

Saturn Celeste

4 hours ago, timtoldrum said:

The Birch Rod is a tool of corporal punishment. It is a picture of chastisement and corrective action.  You will be admonished or asked to make changes or revisions to something, and so on.  Someone may be given one, three, eleven lashes and so on.  The point is that there is an end.  People can argue regularly, but it is not on an endless loop. 

The ring denotes repetition because it is a circle and has no clear end or beginning.  You are in a loop.  It does not need to be quiescent.  Cycles can wax and wane.  

That is just my take.  

Oh, I understand your point. Thank you so much for pointing out my mistake. I tried to use the phrase "non-ending loop" to describe the repetition in Whip card, but it turned out I was using the wrong one. What I meant is the Whip depicts problems that need solution or else it will annoy one's daily life until it's been resolved; my point is that without a solution, the problems mentioned by the Whip card will keep on going. Sorry if I couldn't express it clearer because I always struggle when finding the right words to express my point.

Apologize to everyone for my mistake 😥😥😥 next time I will be more careful when describing the meaning of the cards. 

Edited by NealDT
timtoldrum
5 minutes ago, NealDT said:

Oh, I understand your point. Thank you so much for pointing out my mistake. I tried to use the phrase "non-ending loop" to describe the repetition in Whip card, but it turned out I was using the wrong one. What I meant is the Whip depicts problems that need solution or else it will annoy one's daily life until it's been resolved; my point is that without a solution, the problems mentioned by the Whip card will keep on going. Sorry if I couldn't express it clearer because I always struggle when finding the right words to express my point.

Apologize to everyone for my mistake 😥😥😥 next time I will be more careful when describing the meaning of the cards. 

There is no need to apologise. You did not say anything wrong and there are differing views on this.

The Birch Rod does often need a solution. Sometimes someone steps in (such as the Bear or Lilies). Other times you sit down at the table and thrash it out. A lot of older decks showed a table (GoH, Leipzig, etc).

There is a folklore to the Petit Lenormand that is often lost in books - and I say that as an author. Rana will stand you in good stead.