PathWalker

Is it possible to 'hide' certain board sections?

Well this interesting. The first filter I created -- which I now can't find -- was the one where I chose everything I wanted to see, and saved with a new name. However, once saved, I couldn't find it again.

I decided to try again with a simpler filter (it's actually called a "stream" here), as a test, just choosing Talking Tarot. Saved that with a new name, and this time, after saving, I marked it as my default with the checkbox (next to the new filter name after saving) and now that filter appears on all  my pages at the bottom of the screen on the right, next to Mark Site As Read, and toward the top, on the right, under the Search box.

The first filter I created -- the one with the choices I actually want -- is nowhere to be seen! So if I we can figure out were the Saved Streams are, we might be there.

It looks like a Saved Stream can be edited, if you can get to it. So far I can only get to the one I marked as default.

22 hours ago, McFaire said:

I decided to try again with a simpler filter (it's actually called a "stream" here), as a test, just choosing Talking Tarot. Saved that with a new name, and this time, after saving, I marked it as my default with the checkbox (next to the new filter name after saving) and now that filter appears on all  my pages at the bottom of the screen on the right, next to Mark Site As Read, and toward the top, on the right, under the Search box.

The first filter I created -- the one with the choices I actually want -- is nowhere to be seen! So if I we can figure out were the Saved Streams are, we might be there.

It looks like a Saved Stream can be edited, if you can get to it. So far I can only get to the one I marked as default.

Thank you, @McFaire! I have successfully managed to set up a stream called My Unread Content, set it as my default, and now I can find it again thanks to your pointing out where it is at the top and bottom of the site. Many thanks!

I use the elegant theme, and a filter. The resulting, filtered stream comes up when clicking on one of the icons at the very top of the page. The icon that looks like a piece of paper with its top right corner folded down that is. Hope this helps. Good luck fiddling with your forum settings!

1 hour ago, Swift said:

I use the elegant theme, and a filter. The resulting, filtered stream comes up when clicking on one of the icons at the very top of the page. The icon that looks like a piece of paper with its top right corner folded down that is. Hope this helps. Good luck fiddling with your forum settings!

Hmm I don't have that icon. Are you on mobile? Also, it this your default stream?

I was able to make a default stream, so that's good. I'm curious though. You can save other filters too besides your default, but I can't find them anywhere after saving.

I haven't even been able to save my choices, so I must be missing something on the screen when I'm trying.

Not being very techy means you sometimes miss things which seem obvious to other people - could do with having a technician over my shoulder LOL

I've pretty much given up now  :cry:

6 minutes ago, McFaire said:

Hmm I don't have that icon. Are you on mobile? Also, it this your default stream?

I was able to make a default stream, so that's good. I'm curious though. You can save other filters too besides your default, but I can't find them anywhere after saving.

This is the mobile view. The symbol that looks like a page takes you to the unread entries. On a PC you click on Activity and then choose Unread content to access the same function. So I guess the filter mentioned applies to the unread topics. 

6BF26139-39DB-43D0-BDFE-DDA2D34DF57A.jpeg

I'm gonna make a mini video showing how I do it on desktop.

Also, I learned it's less about HIDING the sections, it's about ALLOWING the sections you wish to view. 🙂 You'll see soon!  I hope this program works.

2 minutes ago, Little Fang said:

I'm gonna make a mini video showing how I do it on desktop.

Also, I learned it's less about HIDING the sections, it's about ALLOWING the sections you wish to view. 🙂 You'll see soon!  I hope this program works.

Excellent! I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how it’s all done. Though I won’t need it because I love this forum in its entirety ☺️

21 minutes ago, LFTest said:

Ok guys!

(It's LF!)

Here's the link to the video!

https://thetarotforum.tinytake.com/tt/MzUzNzA2Ml8xMDY0MDA3OA

Thanks Little Fang!

My questions is, the first stream I created, I didn't set as default (as I was figuring things out) and I can't find it anywhere. I created another stream that worked just like your video. So I'm good on that. But I'm wondering, what happens to streams that aren't set as default? I saved it with a unique name but I can find no way to access it. I can only find the one set as default.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, McFaire said:

But I'm wondering, what happens to streams that aren't set as default?

If you saved them they might still be available.

1 minute ago, Saturn Celeste said:

If you saved them they might still be available.

Yes, that is my question. I can't find where to access saved streams except for the one saved as default.

Aha, that was a menu item I hadn't added.  Now go up to the top and hover over Activity and down to My Activity Streams

Just now, McFaire said:

Yes, that is my question. I can't find where to access saved streams except for the one saved as default.

Could you have saved over the default stream?  You checked off those boxes that LF accessed?

1 minute ago, Little Fang said:

Aha, that was a menu item I hadn't added.  Now go up to the top and hover over Activity and down to My Activity Streams

:sbowing_100-102:

1 minute ago, Little Fang said:

Yay! This is awesome! Thanks Little Fang.

That was where I had expected to see it. Now I can see both streams that I saved. Neat!

Posted (edited)

Thank you - watched - now going to try  :classic_smile:

YES!!!! Thank you - I truly appreciate that - the bit I was getting lost on was 'setting as default stream' and naming it.

Thank you

:heart:

Edited by PathWalker

Okay - here's a question though :classic_smile:

After I've moved to a new thread, the 'PW's choices' option at the top of the page disappears, and there is only the standard 'unread content' there. I can only find my choice again via the drop down list under 'activity'

Is that how it's meant to be? I'm not complaining - that's still great to have the choice, but is that where it's meant to be?

Thank you

PW

Make sure you click the green checkmark to make it Default 🙂 Then it will move to the upper corner and should stay there

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Little Fang said:

Make sure you click the green checkmark to make it Default 🙂 Then it will move to the upper corner and should stay there

Thought I had but clicked it again to make sure, thank you  🙂

Will report back . . .

Sorted now - thank you so much - I had obviously clicked it more than once before, and turned it on nd then off again LOL

(Told you I was challenged)

Thank you - I hope other folks "get it" now, after your great vid. Thank you

Edited by PathWalker

You're welcome!  I'm glad I could help ❤️ 

I wanted to figure it out myself 🙂