Your first deck story

RavenOfSummer

Black Hierophant

I've had a liking in tarot since my late teens due to those late night psychic/tarot hotline commercials from the

90s. I remember watching one of those commercials where the classic Rider-Waite tarot deck was being used and I was instantly drawn to the artwork (I'm an artist). But at that time, I didn't have slightest clue on where to get a deck from. After years of doing the online tarot readings from sites like Lotus Tarot and I Ching, I finally bought my first tarot deck. I just so happened to be enjoying a nice Summer day, shopping and I've stumbled across a shop that sells candles, herbs, tarot, etc. By chance, I saw the Crowley Thoth deck and was drawn to it and ended up buying it.

Black Hierophant

I've had a liking in tarot since my late teens due to those late night psychic/tarot hotline commercials from the 90s.

Miss Cleo? I love Miss Cleo! 😂😂😂🤣

Yeah, actually a lot of those commercials did feature Miss Cleo...:) People can say what they want about her but those commercials gave me some good ideas for character development.

I've had a liking in tarot since my late teens due to those late night psychic/tarot hotline commercials from the 90s.

Miss Cleo? I love Miss Cleo! 😂😂😂🤣

Yeah, actually a lot of those commercials did feature Miss Cleo... :) People can say what they want about her but those commercials gave me some good ideas for character development.

She got blamed for a lot of things, but she really was just an actress doing infomercials. I loved her persona, yet it never fooled me. People need to take responsibility for stuff. It's like blaming the "Can you hear me now?" guy for Verizon's (and now Sprint's) failings.

68AD6845-FE31-4020-B57F-7773C1135B3D.thumb.jpeg.b3bb07d499449caf6171ae884abde6f4.jpeg

Thought I’d post here since my 15th “Tarot Anniversary” is coming up! It’s in July (my Moon sign is Cancer, but this happened before I knew what my Moon sign was) and I started reading in 2004.

I had to buy it at an actual physical bookstore because I wasn’t sure if Amazon shipped to Indonesia. I had to be driven there (this was before I had a driver’s license or had my own car).

86540D00-CACD-4ED5-A096-DB54175B2380.thumb.jpeg.041be3a68cd26bf6c49c9d5f6dcbbf4a.jpeg

Mine is the Hanson-Roberts Tarot (it came with a book and a spread). My first tarot book was “Learning the Tarot” by Joan Bunning. As you can see, the dates are for July 2004 (I still can’t believe it’s been 15 years).

A89304E5-AD9C-4DEC-99BA-403A354324FB.thumb.jpeg.75c082e9e645a56be5a9f5a5323eb7d3.jpeg