Changes to the forum boards

Saturn Celeste

Saturn Celeste

Hello TT&M family!  We changed the boards around today.  If you are having trouble finding something, either post here or make a helpdesk ticket.  Nothing has been deleted.  The major difference is the Exchange for you has been combined with tarot exchanges now.  Only 2 pages of posts were brought over to the new category and the remaining posts are found in the Exchange Archives.  That is a read-only section so if you need a particular thread in there, please post here or make a helpdesk ticket.  I hope you all find the new additions exciting and are eager to post in them!  :))

I seem to be missing at least the Tarot For Yourself board on the Tapatalk app [emoji848] If I look at the thread view, posts to that category show up but I can't load them. Not sure if that's a result of this change or not, but I definitely was able to see those posts / that board before!

Edit: Nevermind, I see now what has changed! The Exchanges board was missing from my apo yesterday and now I see it, and that was what you changed, so it seems like everything is ok now! [emoji106][emoji2532]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think odd_soul[/member] that board has gone now, all posts moved into the archive

from browsing the area, I think now....

Talking Tarot - is for discussing tarot

Tarot Exchanges - is for all tarot based exchanges, no sub forums of exchanges. Older posts are archived in the archive section

Using Tarot - is techniques, how to read cards, what different cards mean (but generally, not as an exchange), experimental technique ideas, how to read.

I think that's right :)

Saturn Celeste

Hello odd_soul[/member] and DanielJUK[/member].  The Exchange section was one of the biggest changes.  I combined both exchanges (for yourself and others) into one.  The limits are still the same, 5 posts to get help, interpret their own cards first and provide feedback to all but the section needed cleaning up.  So now the main Tarot Reading section is the new help with readings.  The old exchange section is still intact except for most of the exchange threads that were no longer active were archived.  We hope this will make things more clear after everyone gets used to them.

If anyone has any questions or wants to discuss the changes I'm here!  X/

so to get help with interpreting a reading, we post it in Talking Tarot not the Exchanges area? or the exchanges area? I know it's simplifying it but I think having two separate areas of actual exchanges (for others) and help with readings adds a separation that is needed. I never look at exchanges for others unless I want a reading or want to start an exchange but I look if anyone needs help regularly.

I am not sure about changing the name of the Group Readings section, I am thinking of bringing back the Large Spreads Reading Group (maybe next year infrequently) and it wouldn't have a place. Also that area on AT served to have group readings where many people read on one topic (for example sports results for the Olympics or something). I worry that changing the name limits its usage and I am not sure where to post the other things now.

I'm not being critical and it's a good idea to reduce quiet sections but some of those areas have quite a lot of posts daily, I am worried about it practically.

Saturn Celeste

so to get help with interpreting a reading, we post it in Talking Tarot not the Exchanges area?

No, Please use the Tarot Readings section.  It still carries the rules of the exchanges but is labeled for help now.

or the exchanges area?

Tarot Exchanges will level out to exchanges that members set up between each other.  Tarot for yourself has typically been help questions so that's why we changed that.

I know it's simplifying it but I think having two separate areas of actual exchanges (for others) and help with readings adds a separation that is needed.

By making the Tarot Reading a help section, we felt that eliminates the need for calling it an exchange for tarot for yourself because they are all help questions anyway.  By having a special exchange section that will be for members to exchange readings between each other.  I will add in the descriptions of the boards to make it easier.

I never look at exchanges for others unless I want a reading or want to start an exchange but I look if anyone needs help regularly.

So then you'll just look at the Tarot Readings section. That is where the help threads will be.  Matter of fact, I can bring some over so others will get the idea faster. Good job, Dan for discussing that with me!

I am not sure about changing the name of the Group Readings section

No, that section is for the Lunar readings and Sabbat readings, not group readings like you're talking about.  We still have the Tarot Reading Circles.  That is where you post your group stuff.  Would you prefer a different name?

I am thinking of bringing back the Large Spreads Reading Group (maybe next year infrequently) and it wouldn't have a place. Also that area on AT served to have group readings where many people read on one topic (for example sports results for the Olympics or something). I worry that changing the name limits its usage and I am not sure where to post the other things now.

I can change the name of the Tarot Reading Circles if you'd like?

I'm not being critical and it's a good idea to reduce quiet sections but some of those areas have quite a lot of posts daily, I am worried about it practically.

Daniel, I totally understand!!  I can also further elaborate on exactly what I did!  It's good to discuss these things, it's OUR forum!  ((

And if anyone accidentally posts in the wrong place - don’t worry! We will help you out (cause that is what we moderators do  ;) )

Saturn Celeste

DanielJUK[/member] I also deleted a spread circle group that was empty.  Is that more of what you'd like to see?  But I did delete a few empty boards last night.

Saturn Celeste

Can the Tarot Reading "Help Section" be in a Child Board?  It makes profile preferences more optional.  Thank you!

Hi Avalon!  I'm sorry you're having a little difficulty.  To access the 'tarot for yourself' section, just click on Tarot Readings and you're in the help section.  The Tarot Exchanges is now for people setting up sittings with others and exchanging readings or feedback.  I know it's weird getting used to!  It's always a little disconcerting at first but these were necessary changes to make our jobs a little more efficient as well.  We're hoping to not have to move so many threads (almost daily) of people posting in the wrong exchange.  All of these efforts can temporarily slow the forum down.  I can still tweak names and possibly add a couple more child boards but that depends on what that all is.  You'll get used to it Avalon, and if you get lost or can't find a thread, PM me or make out a helpdeck ticket.  Raggydoll and I both set this up so she is very able to help you locate posts pr whatever help you need. ^-^

I think you guys are doing a great job and I can find posts just fine.  Thank you!

It's just that if I want to adjust my preferences in Profile, I will lose the entire Parent Board.

Saturn Celeste

I think you guys are doing a great job and I can find posts just fine.  Thank you!

It's just that if I want to adjust my preferences in Profile, I will lose the entire Parent Board.

Avalon, I can pass this on to Little Fang[/member]!  Perhaps it is something that can be fixed with an adjustment.  I don't know offhand how to do it so it's best to pass it to her!  Thank you for letting me know. :D

Can the Tarot Reading "Help Section" be in a Child Board?  It makes profile preferences more optional.  Thank you!

Avalon[/member] , I've adjusted my Ignore Boards Options to match the changed setup, and - on a desktop at least - it looks to me like when you check the box to ignore the parent board "Tarot Readings" but you don't check the boxes to ignore the child boards like "Tarot Exchanges" and "Tarot Reading Circles" , that will get you what you want.  I tried it out, and when I look at unread posts since my last visit, I still see everything from that section of the site except the help requests, which seem to be the only thing living in the parent board now. (You would think blocking the parent board would block all of its child boards, but thankfully that's not the case on my laptop. Not sure about tapatalk.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.