Guest libra

A BIGGER Shadowscapes??!?!!

Guest libra

It's true!  There's an edition of Shadowscapes out that is slightly bigger! 

The catch, though, is that it's not in English.  But, it does exist - the Czech edition of Shadowscapes is bigger & gilded in gold!  It's so lovely. 

tumblr_phuh15wMhP1ss41ro_540.jpg

The image in the top right shows how the card, with the borders fits right into the space the image gets on the Czech version.  So, it's basically as if it was printed the same size, but borderless as for as the size of the image.  Except it keeps the borders and gets loooooovely gold edges!  The card stock is a bit thicker as well. 

I got mine on eBay, so I don't know if it's even easily available these days, but if you love Shadowscapes and dream of a bigger card, it's out there!

odd_soul

I got this version too, and it is GORGEOUS! The printing quality of the images seems to be better, too, so the images look sharper as well as bigger. I got mine from Amazon.de (shipped to US). :)

reall

Wow! Exactly what I was looking for! remember seeing it somewhere but forgot name of this edt!x,x tnx 4 sharing!:)

AJ-ish/Sharyn

just sayin', I expect this is bootleg. You might ask the artist if she oked this reprint.

Guest libra

just sayin', I expect this is bootleg. You might ask the artist if she oked this reprint.

It was available though amazon and has an ISBN number, so I feel like it's authorized? I'm no lawyer though.

Eta - it's done through Synergie Publishing - https://www.synergiepublishing.com/cs/shop/andele-vesteni/tarotove-komplety/000116_tarot-skrytych-svetu.php Either they are the most professional bootleg site I've ever seen, or its legit lol!

reall

It was available though amazon and has an ISBN number, so I feel like it's authorized? I'm no lawyer though.

Eta - it's done through Synergie Publishing - https://www.synergiepublishing.com/cs/shop/andele-vesteni/tarotove-komplety/000116_tarot-skrytych-svetu.php Either they are the most professional bootleg site I've ever seen, or its legit lol!

cards in link are legit as it's listed on bd with same isbn; https://www.bookdepository.com/Tarot-skryt%C3%BDch-sv%C4%9Bt%C5%AF-Barbara-Moore/9788073702083

Siavahda

I DREAM of the day someone in one of the English-speaking publishers realises THIS IS WHAT THE SHADOWSCAPES SHOULD LOOK LIKE.

*pines*

Saturn Celeste

That's one of the reasons I never got the deck.  The images are just too small and too complex to really read it well.  My eyes are not what they used to be!

peaceridge

odd_soul Would you point me to the deck you got on their website.  The website shows several of the cards, but none published by Synergie.  I'd like to order them if I can determine that it is the larger version.  Thanks.

odd_soul

odd_soul Would you point me to the deck you got on their website.  The website shows several of the cards, but none published by Synergie.  I'd like to order them if I can determine that it is the larger version.  Thanks.

Absolutely! These are the ones I got: https://www.amazon.de/Tarot-skryt%C3%BDch-sv%C4%9Bt%C5%AF-Kniha-karet/dp/8073702088

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLizarraga

I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I just discovered this edition. Unfortunately, it seems to be OOP already, or at least really hard to get.

I adore this deck, and I think it's one of the most beautiful decks ever, hands down, but I had to let go of mine because of the size. To my eyes --and my close range vision is still pretty good-- the cards were nothing but tiny lavender blurs...

Siavahda

As far as I can tell, the Czech edition is oop now.

What kind of campaigning do you think it would take to convince an English publisher that we NEED bigger cards + gilding for a new English-language edition??? 🤔

Papageno

Did Llewellyn agree to license this to Synergie Publishing House? 🤔 

gold gilding, how enticing huh........

strange dontcha think that this is OOP everywhere you look......

ISBN #'s...........easily duplicated, theoretically, new formats and editions should have a new ISBN #

just some casual observations

FLizarraga
3 hours ago, Siavahda said:

What kind of campaigning do you think it would take to convince an English publisher that we NEED bigger cards + gilding for a new English-language edition??? 🤔

That's a good question. I tried contacting the artist herself YEARS ago, but she never responded. This is her website: https://www.shadowscapes.com/

Perhaps if enough people contacted her....?

(Speaking of which, she does not list the Czech edition in her curriculum vitae, or any edition outside of the Llewellyn one, for that matter. Which could possibly mean that luxurious Czech edition was bootlegged --well, unless she forgot to update her CV, which is always possible.)

ilweran

How intriguing. If they'd scanned the cards and then printed then larger the quality would be an issue, yet apparently the print quality is good. Unless they had access to the original scanned artwork. Or a larger image...

Has anyone emailed Llewellyn?

odd_soul

It’s been a while, but when I was looking into this a couple years ago when I got the deck, I think someone said the artist did respond and let them know the Czech version was legit, but I could be misremembering. It’s still listed on Synergie’s site, just unavailable. 

I can attest to the fact that the print quality is amazing on the Czech version, much clearer and sharper than the Llewellyn version. It definitely doesn’t look scanned or bootlegged at all. The card stock is also amazing, not to thick and not too thin. (The gilding, however, wasn’t very well done and it’s worn off quite a bit, especially on the corners, despite the fact that I haven’t used the deck much at all!)

If Llewellyn made a larger version in English, I would be ALL over that. 

Edited by odd_soul

reall
On 6/29/2020 at 11:14 PM, Siavahda said:

Big Cards are thing at the moment at least with LS ks decks? 🙂 so maybe asking publisher for kickstarter edt?:) 

reall
On 6/30/2020 at 2:47 AM, FLizarraga said:

That's a good question. I tried contacting the artist herself YEARS ago, but she never responded. This is her website: https://www.shadowscapes.com/

Perhaps if enough people contacted her....?

(Speaking of which, she does not list the Czech edition in her curriculum vitae, or any edition outside of the Llewellyn one, for that matter. Which could possibly mean that luxurious Czech edition was bootlegged --well, unless she forgot to update her CV, which is always possible.)

I've try contacting her Any way possible (email, insta,fb, 3Rd person etc) to ask about copyright status & if she would be interested in selfpublushing limited Larger Borderless edt!:) imo it's totally possible with pod such as mpc & kickstarter!:) & even gilded edges would be an option if plenty people join I'm sure would!:) but sadly no reply so far,,, imo it's likely she filter as spam all similar request due to amount of inquireis she may be reciving on daily basis & fact of piracy issue, ,, btw I think Chez edt with gilded edges & firm box is legit as pirates don't bother with luxury add ons & usually go for small card size?:)