Sign in to follow this  
Saturn Celeste

Gamers Corner!

Ok guys, not all of us are tarot 24/7 so here's a little corner of the forum where we can chat about video games.  Gotta keep it clean(ish) everyone and believe me, that's hard for me to do!  >:D  Tell us about your favorite games!  :biggrin:

Last night was the video game awards and I'm jumping out of my seat!

We are getting a new Borderlands 3 Yippee!!

AND a brand new game that looks awesome!!  A cross between Borderlands and Mass Effect perhaps?  Outer Worlds!

That new Obsidian game looks cool. And Cyberpunk 2077 is bound to be released next year too.  :)

i have three games that i love!

• skyrim
  • star wars: knights of the old republic
  • jade empire

and i also like gears of war 3 and 4, call of duty II (especifically the zombie mode  :)) ) and red dead redemption (but i like the zombie mode more xD) i havent played the new one, but they say its pretty good.

i have three games that i love!

• skyrim
  • star wars: knights of the old republic
  • jade empire

and i also like gears of war 3 and 4, call of duty II (especifically the zombie mode  :)) ) and red dead redemption (but i like the zombie mode more xD) i havent played the new one, but they say its pretty good.

You know I have Jade Empire but have not played it yet.  I always want to but now I'm back in the entire Borderlands series.  I'm running through each one from the beginning and only skipping the stupid mail mission. I can never get it timed right.  >:D  I was a real Kaidan groupie in the Mass Effect series.  The voices always get me and I think the voice actor was in KntOR.

I have been waiting YEAR for Cyberpunk 2077!  I just need to sell a lot more readings to get it!  :party:

Anyone playing the Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee?  I am SO darn in love with the Pikachu game.  Of course we had named our cat Pikachu. 😸

You know I have Jade Empire but have not played it yet.  I always want to but now I'm back in the entire Borderlands series.  I'm running through each one from the beginning and only skipping the stupid mail mission. I can never get it timed right.  >:D  I was a real Kaidan groupie in the Mass Effect series.  The voices always get me and I think the voice actor was in KntOR.

I have been waiting YEAR for Cyberpunk 2077!  I just need to sell a lot more readings to get it!  :party:

Anyone playing the Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee?  I am SO darn in love with the Pikachu game.  Of course we had named our cat Pikachu. 😸

oo you should definitely play JE, its a really good game  :thumbsup:

thats cool! kotor has a nice voice acting (altho i think sometimes they used the same actor for multiple characters lol)

My story has reached the point where Mr 'Nord Pride' is finally officially recognized as Dragonborn:

20180715003346-1.jpg

My little corner on Linda's forum where you find my stories:

http://www.ladymoiraine.com/index.php?board=14.0

0u0

i hated going up all those stairs

brings back memories... sadly my xbox broke and i didnt have the chance to finish the whole game :( i was almost done  :bcry:

Funny enough i just rediscovered Skyrim. I never finished it, so i just started a new game

Awesome, if you get stuck and need any help with it, just post here, we'll help you out!  ^-^

Okay, another game nerd in the house. I'm an Elder Scrolls fanatic have owned every game from the beginning. That's 25 years of just ES games. My mother worked at TI in the 70's so we have had every video game system from Pong forward. We still have working editions of everything but the Sega Genesis because it got lost during a move like two years ago. I even remember learning to code Dos and thinking I was all that for being able to make a little ball bounce across the screen.

If you have Skyrim, there is a mod called Enderal. It was free last I checked and, while built on the Skyrim engine, is an entirely different game. Different skillsets, stories, gods, etc. You get Skyrim landscape in summer too. Beautiful.

I also love the Fallout series and lately, I have spent a lot of time playing a game called The Long Dark. It's survival in the frozen north on a deserted island with just you and more aggressive wildlife. How long can you survive? Oh yeah, there's permadeath. So you die you start over. On the hardest level, I've not lasted a full day yet, The cold usually gets me. The art style is unique as well. It's like being in a painting that is trying to kill you.

I also like the Civilization games. Stardew Valley. A lot of browser-based breeding games. I'm also one of those people that makes spreadsheets and stuff to keep track of in game projects. So yeah, gaming, coding games, and spreadsheets for fun are some of my other obsessions. 

I'm really into open-ended sandbox stuff. In groups online, I'm the ADD child who keeps wandering off to harvest crap and forgets there is a plan in place.  :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I play mostly on PC these days.

Oh welcome Anomaly!!!  Fallout girl too!  You might recognize my paladin in and elder's clothing for my avatar. ;)

Borderlands is another of my staples, if you haven't played any of the Borderlands games, check them out before Borderlands 3 falls!  Not the TellTale games although they will have some characters features in Borderlands 3 but play the actual Borderlands series.

Where to even start with this one...

I seem to get to playing games that never seem to have an end, so I end up playing the same ones year after year and never really completing much of anything, so The Elder Scrolls series (favorite is Morrowind, but I love ALL of them), the Fallout series (ALL of them and Tactics), The Sims 1,2,3,4, and I've played a bunch of Assassins Creed. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, PLANESCAPE Torment, the entire ULTIMA series for all the older school stuff.

Animal Crossing (played all but the GameCube version).

Oh yes, and Stardew Valley. Started on PC, but have been playing on the Switch.

Also, Diablo 3.

There is just so MUCH! :)

On 3/29/2019 at 5:07 PM, bekkilyn said:

Where to even start with this one...

I seem to get to playing games that never seem to have an end, so I end up playing the same ones year after year and never really completing much of anything, so The Elder Scrolls series (favorite is Morrowind, but I love ALL of them), the Fallout series (ALL of them and Tactics), The Sims 1,2,3,4, and I've played a bunch of Assassins Creed. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, PLANESCAPE Torment, the entire ULTIMA series for all the older school stuff.

Animal Crossing (played all but the GameCube version).

Oh yes, and Stardew Valley. Started on PC, but have been playing on the Switch.

Also, Diablo 3.

There is just so MUCH! 🙂

Have you played the Geneforge series at all, or any of the Spiderweb Software games? You can run them on a microwave, and their extremely good. I've been playing Mutant Year Zero a ton, but it's very difficult - imagine Xcom mixed with Top Down Metal Gear, in a post-apocalyptic setting. It's smartly written too! Which is sometimes rare for video games imo. I'm terrible at it. My Long Distance Partner has been giving me hints here and there, but she's muuuuuuch better at video games than me, and I feel like I misplaced my points early on.

Just noticed this. I'm a bit of a gamer,  mainly the Deus Ex games. Always liked a bit of Tomb Raider,  the System Shock games (including its spiritual successor BioShock)...

These days it's a lot of Lego games with my little boy, or his current favourite is Super Mario Odyssey,  I play as Mario, he controls Cappy.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 11:49 PM, TheBabelite said:

Have you played the Geneforge series at all, or any of the Spiderweb Software games? You can run them on a microwave, and their extremely good. I've been playing Mutant Year Zero a ton, but it's very difficult - imagine Xcom mixed with Top Down Metal Gear, in a post-apocalyptic setting. It's smartly written too! Which is sometimes rare for video games imo. I'm terrible at it. My Long Distance Partner has been giving me hints here and there, but she's muuuuuuch better at video games than me, and I feel like I misplaced my points early on.

I think I have Geneforge in my GoG library, but that's how far I've gotten with it so far. 🙂

Edited by bekkilyn

On 6/3/2019 at 10:16 PM, Little Fang said:

Hi. I'm Little Fang and I'm addicted to No Man's Sky. 

:balloon_che:

Cyperpunk 2077 is finally coming!  NSFW video 😉

@saturnceleste would you be offended if I mimicked this thread seperately for those of us who are tabletop gamers?

I've been playing a lot of Slime Rancher lately! They just had a new update come out as well! Slime science isn't my favorite thing, but it's cool anyway.

Posted (edited)

I've been an MMO fantasy player for many years going all the way back to ASCII MUDs (multi-user dungeons like Medievia, not too "massive" but still multi-player) with 2-D, black-and-white, text-based graphics (yes, dungeon walls made of rows of little "x" characters). I've bought and played most of the big MMOs, but the only one I keep paying to play is Lord of the Rings Online. I have played a few single-player games (Morrowind, Skyrim, Witcher, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, System Shock, Fallout, the Ultima games, Eye of the Beholder, and others too numerous (or too forgettable) to mention. One of my favorite stories is about Dungeon Runner, a pretty simplistic free-to-play game, but for a few RL dollars you could buy a companion gnome (they called it a "bling gnome") that followed you around, When your bags got full you could feed the less valuable trash to the gnome, who would eat it, bend over and emit a cloud of yellow gas, then crap out gold that you could scoop up off the ground (I think it even made a "ka-ching" sound). A neat solution for traveling inventory woes, since you didn't have to go back to town to empty your bags.

Edited by Barleywine