New or Forthcoming decks you are excited about

Delizt

I'm really looking forward to the Bonestone and Earthflesh tarot. I've loved all the cards I've seen so far and have pre-ordered even though it's not due out until December next year!

Now I have read this thread and in front of me is a little note with the names of 3 decks on it!

You guys are enablers and should get a percentage from the deck creators!

My list:

THE SPIRITSONG Tarot

The Floribunda Tarot

The Etheral Visions Tarot

The Bonestone & Earthflesh Tarot

Queen of Nothing

I'm really excited about the Jonasa Jaus 2nd ed. I kept putting off buying the 1st edition, so I'm definetly not gonna hold back when it goes on sale in a few days.

There's also the Marigold Tarot by Amrit Brar of Shitty Horoscopes fame. Her kickstarter is supposed to go live in 5 days. A good chunk of the deck art is on her instagram and I'm so excited about it.

I am super excited about this one

https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=266527

I can't wait for it to come out! I love it to pieces! :D

How could I forget about that one! I've been backing the poster campaigns and the next one should be coming up sometime soon I think....

I'm pretty excited about it too. He just poested on facebook, saying he's working on the kickstarter page. *happy dance*

Like many others, I'm waiting with bated breath for the Numinous and Next World tarots! And my Angelarium Oracle is on its way to me now, which also has me doing grabby hands!

Then there's Yoshi Yoshitani's Fairytale Tarot: Myths Legends & Deities from Around the World, of course. As a myth nerd, I do a happy swoon every time I glance at the card art!

saintsandliars

I'm really excited about the Jonasa Jaus 2nd ed. I kept putting off buying the 1st edition, so I'm definetly not gonna hold back when it goes on sale in a few days.

Oh my god it is???? Where is it going to be? I need that deck in my hot little hands.

saintsandliars

True Black True Black True Black! My last Kickstarter reward came with a sample card and lemme tell you, this deck is going to be amazing both in terms of art and production value. The card feels like silk and is sturdy as heck, and the backs are subtle and gorgeous.

I nabbed the Madam Clara Sees All 2nd ed. even though I don't really like meanings on the cards because something about it just really appeals. Kickstarter tarot decks are really upping their game.

There's also a Last Unicorn Tarot Kickstarter going, which I'm not getting but still excited about because Last Unicorn is amazing and they're working with the author to make sure he gets compensated as well, which is awesome. The deck is pretty pricy, but they're really making a point to focus on fairly paying all the artists and PSB, as well as making a fantastic quality deck.

True Black True Black True Black! My last Kickstarter reward came with a sample card and lemme tell you, this deck is going to be amazing both in terms of art and production value. The card feels like silk and is sturdy as heck, and the backs are subtle and gorgeous.

I nabbed the Madam Clara Sees All 2nd ed. even though I don't really like meanings on the cards because something about it just really appeals. Kickstarter tarot decks are really upping their game.

There's also a Last Unicorn Tarot Kickstarter going, which I'm not getting but still excited about because Last Unicorn is amazing and they're working with the author to make sure he gets compensated as well, which is awesome. The deck is pretty pricy, but they're really making a point to focus on fairly paying all the artists and PSB, as well as making a fantastic quality deck.

I had no idea about the Last Unicorn Tarot, thank you for mentioning it! It IS expensive, and I just backed the True Black...but I may have to back this one as well; I adore unicorns, and there aren't nearly enough unicorn-themed decks. I wish there were more examples of the card art! But I'm very happy that they're donating to Beagle too, that's very good of them!

EmpyreanKnight

Before I forget: the Game of Thrones Tarot! The release of which has been seemingly delayed to March of next year, unfortunately. :(

I just heard about the Last Unicorn a couple days ago. I was obsessed with the movie when I was a kid. I might have to back this deck for nostalgia's sake.

Queen of Nothing

I backed this last year and I'm hoping to get it this month https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/matthughesart/ethereal-visions-an-illuminated-tarot-deck-art-nou/description

It's an art deck moreso than a readers' deck, but I'll read it. Oooooh, yes.

The guy can do seriously authentic looking Art Nouveau. Respect!

nU1Aydh.jpg

Ohmygod, I preordered it way back in April, when I couldn't even really read, just because this guy does amazing Art Nouveau. I was so dissapointed that it kept getting pushed back. I didn't k ow it would be shipping soon. I'm so excited!

OMG. I haven't been on the forum much recently, RavenofSummer, so I am so sorry it took me so long to reply to this! In that 8 of Pentacles card, the woman is spinning with a drop spindle - I have actually done that, and it is a skill, let me tell you - and that is so reminiscent of fairy tales! The more I see of this deck, the more I love it and the more curious I am about what the theme is and what they will have changed! Thank you for finding these. :)

I have to admit that I know next to nothing about spinning and spindles and whatnot.

But some of the old decks (like this Flamand/Bacchus) have things like this on the Moon card:

JpeGqDl.jpg

OMG. I haven't been on the forum much recently, RavenofSummer, so I am so sorry it took me so long to reply to this! In that 8 of Pentacles card, the woman is spinning with a drop spindle - I have actually done that, and it is a skill, let me tell you - and that is so reminiscent of fairy tales! The more I see of this deck, the more I love it and the more curious I am about what the theme is and what they will have changed! Thank you for finding these. :)

I have to admit that I know next to nothing about spinning and spindles and whatnot.

But some of the old decks (like this Flamand/Bacchus) have things like this on the Moon card:

JpeGqDl.jpg

So cool! I wonder if, since spinning and weaving used to be such a feminized skill, it became part of the "female" symbolism of the tarot, particularly on cards like The Moon? It certainly links to the idea of the three female sisters of Fate spinning the thread of human destiny.

The few decks that I am very excited about right now are :

The Inspiring Aliens tarot (expected any day in my mailbox now that it - at long last - made it out of the printers loooong process)

The Victorian Romantic 3d edition with metallic cold stamping (swooning in advance)

The Everyday tarot

The Game of Throne tarot (I am planning to get one for my son, and if I manage to behave myself I'll leave it at that and not buy a copy for myself - I'll just pester my son to let me use his copy)

And there will soon be other decks that I will be excited about, when I google all the names you all have posted in this thread ! lol !

EmpyreanKnight

I'm so excited to know what decks Lo Scarabeo is going to release in their Anima Antiqua line next year! I hope their 2018 catalogue comes out soon.

EmpyreanKnight

Among recently releases, I'm very much taken with the 25th anniversary edition of the Enchanted Tarot. So opulent, so baroque, and so big! I mean, it's 6.5 inches long - perfect for my hands. So in the order basket it goes.

Everyone's buzzing about the Santa Muerte, and when I saw the videos, ah love so I ordered it too. You can tell that great care has been taken to create each card since the craftsmanship of the minors is on par with the majors. It's just something I can't pass up.

Also, it seems like Race Point Publishing has a thing for elaborate, sturdy boxes and huge cards. Along with the Enchanted, I ordered their Tarot de Marseille, a Pierre Madenie with large cards, soft coloring, and I aged/marbled background. It would be a good companion to Yves' Madenie release (I have the 2012), and I'd like to shore up the Marseille decks in my collection too.

It's going to take weeks before they reach our shores, but I'm already excited to get them. :)

JpeGqDl.jpg

So cool! I wonder if, since spinning and weaving used to be such a feminized skill, it became part of the "female" symbolism of the tarot, particularly on cards like The Moon? It certainly links to the idea of the three female sisters of Fate spinning the thread of human destiny.

The feminine aspect could be part of it. But you have to keep in mind that the Tarot comes from Christian Europe.

So while there are Classical influences, if you try to paganize these old decks too much, it all falls apart.

Remember that the Bacchus/Flamand has Bacchus substituted for the Pope so as not to offend the Church. And the Papess has been changed to the Spanish Captain, a buffoon character (and with a dirty visual pun to boot, lol.) It's a lowbrow deck made for gaming in taverns.

So my guess as to why there is a woman spinning on the Moon card is that as she works, the ball of yarn at the top of the stick will increase. Later, she'll unwind it, and it will decrease. Like the moon.

Freyja's Daughter

I have backed a few on Kickstarter that I am excited to see arrive plus others in production I have preordered:

1. ETA Tarot (Emerging Toronto Artists)

2. The Last Unicorn Tarot (for my daughter who loves unicorns)

3. True Black Tarot

4. The Numinous Tarot

5. Tarot of the Lucid Slumber

6. Bonestone and Earthflesh Tarot

7. The Everyday Enchantment Tarot

I have backed a few on Kickstarter that I am excited to see arrive plus others in production I have preordered:

1. ETA Tarot (Emerging Toronto Artists)

2. The Last Unicorn Tarot (for my daughter who loves unicorns)

3. True Black Tarot

4. The Numinous Tarot

5. Tarot of the Lucid Slumber

6. Bonestone and Earthflesh Tarot

7. The Everyday Enchantment Tarot

I ended up not backing the Last Unicorn tarot in the end, because it was just too expensive at a time when I'd already spoiled myself with too many new decks, but I really can't wait to see an unboxing video! And I did check with the creators that it would be available on their store post-campaign, even if a bit more expensive.

John Bauer.

It's so cool that I wished for a John Bauer deck almost a decade ago on the purple forum and now it is coming!

I wish I could afford the True Black too. I might squirrel some cash away for my birthday. It is stunning.