New or Forthcoming decks you are excited about

Delizt

John Bauer.

It's so cool that I wished for a John Bauer deck almost a decade ago on the purple forum and now it is coming!

I wish I could afford the True Black too. I might squirrel some cash away for my birthday. It is stunning.

The True Black is amazing, especially the Ace of Cups. I went over to the website True Black Tarot and the deck costs $75 on pre-order. Supposed to be shipped in December of this year.

John Bauer.

It's so cool that I wished for a John Bauer deck almost a decade ago on the purple forum and now it is coming!

I wish I could afford the True Black too. I might squirrel some cash away for my birthday. It is stunning.

Oh, I would love to have a John Bauer deck! I love his art! <3

And when you are from Sweden you need a Swedish deck, don't you! ;) :))

NerdyShelties[/member] I'm really liking that deck as well! I wish I hadn't missed the early bird special for the pocket edition...

Queen of Nothing

I recently went on Kickstarter to read some updates on decks I've backed and ended up back two more while I was at it.

The Tarotwave Deck by McKenna is very much an aesthtic/art deck and I'm in love with it. It just... it looks so cool.

I also backed the Tarot of the North Atlantic, which is clearly an aquatic based tarot deck. I really enjoy the fibar art and mixed media look of the cards. I can't wait to get a closer look at it.

I'm also super keen on the Dark Dimension Tarot. It's heavy sci-fi, and I personally haven't seen anything like it. The artwork gives me strong table-top rpg vibes, and I dig it. I messaged the creator to see if it's going to be for sale after the KS, since I can't afford a 3rd pledge right now. No word yet, but I hope it does. (Edit: I got word back that he hopes to make it available after the campaign ends and will make updates with more information about that.)

Very much like the Tarot of the North Atlantic  and some of the Dark Dimension Tarot, though I didn't 'get' the Wands suit.

Thanks for sharing this.  There seem to be new worlds of Tarot in Kick Starter :)

I just found out yesterday that Martinique Louise Fisher has a tarot deck coming out in 2020; I'm super excited. I love her art and have been waiting for her to come out with a deck.

I just found out yesterday that Martinique Louise Fisher has a tarot deck coming out in 2020; I'm super excited. I love her art and have been waiting for her to come out with a deck.

Looked at her images. That will be a beautiful Tarot. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ-ish/Sharyn

zillich tarot

watercolor, thothy, sunflowers

what's not to love?

It is resting in my cart :)

Abigail Larson is creating the Dark Wood tarot which will be published by Llewellyn next year.

I like her art - there is a dark fairytale vibe which I think will work well in a deck.

Absolutely. So reminds me of the darker side of Walt Disney.

TheLittleJackal

I'm hype for the Modern Witch Tarot!

Inclusive as heck (well, mostly, sorry guys I haven't noticed any cards that include you yet :P) and sticks really closely to RWS symbolism making it really easy to use if you know that system, but with a modern/witchy/punk twist. I love it so far!

https://liminal11.com/2018/11/27/catching-up-on-lisa-sterles-modern-witch-tarot-deck/

The John Bauer Tarot. I love John Bauer, and am very excited about having 78 pretty pictures in a box from his artwork. I wish the colours had been printed a little brighter, but I love it just the same. I asked it "who am I" and it gave me Temperance - an image of an old woman half dissolved in water. I thought that was perfect !

ok, just googled Martinique Louise Fisher & Totally like art & Shadowscapes vibe!:D

BUT isn't that Fox & Swans & Tree people bit too much?x,x

http://www.martiniquelouisefisher.com/658673/tarot/

i mean where is the line you draw your *inspiration as artist & cross into plagiarism?x,x

Or publisher just say; here make it like this one only more fantasy?x,x facepalm :)

on Bright side Sasha my fav author & Dark Wood Tarot looks interesting!;)

I can’t wait for the Modern Witch, as mentioned by someone else above, Mary El 2nd Edition which I’ve pre-ordered and Otherkin Tarot. I’m such a fan of Siolo Thompson but all the mass market decks I’ve ordered from her have such bad cardstock it makes me not want to use the decks :( I’m hoping Otherkin will receive better treatment.

Guest libra

ok, just googled Martinique Louise Fisher & Totally like art & Shadowscapes vibe!:D

BUT isn't that Fox & Swans & Tree people bit too much?x,x

http://www.martiniquelouisefisher.com/658673/tarot/

i mean where is the line you draw your *inspiration as artist & cross into plagiarism?x,x

Or publisher just say; here make it like this one only more fantasy?x,x facepalm :)

on Bright side Sasha my fav author & Dark Wood Tarot looks interesting!;)

Yeaaah that Ace of Wands, 8 of Cups, 7 of Swords are all looking like a "draw in your style!" copy. I'll pass on that deck!

That Martinique Lois Fisher deck is pretty, I will probably cave and get that if ends up being mass market.  I definitely see the Shadow Scapes influence, also get a little feel of the Victorian Fairy Tarot, and some good old fashion RWS tossed in.  I have really come to appreciate Shadow Scapes so much more than I once did, so having something similar where I don't have to pull out a magnifying glass or enlarge an image I will go for it lol.  Definitely not original by any means, but it is pretty and I like that kind of art.  The mermaids and merman are awesome looking lol.

Saturn Celeste

I preordered 2 decks that aren't out yet:

Literary Witches Oracle

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1984824716/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Antique Anatomy Tarot Kit: Deck and Guidebook for the Modern Reader

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141973914X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am extremely excited about these decks!!