Sign in to follow this  
theoijonitamat

Sound Healing

theoijonitamat

Any members here enjoy doing healing using the medium of Sound?

I have always enjoyed Sound, and using the medium of singing bowls, solfeggio music, and others are a few couple of ways i enjoy sound healing. The simplest way i have learnt from Source is also coming from Peace and listen to the gentle lulling of the sea waves. Currently, I work with channeling sound healing and would love to hear what other members enjoy doing with the modality of Sound Healing as well  X/ <3

elixer

I'm sorry that I don't have any good input for you, but I do have a question! I have never heard of sound healing before (unless you would include psychology discipline of musical therapy), but your post left me very curious.  I am a musician, so sound has played a huge part in my life since my earliest memories.  I have always found playing piano to be extremely therapeutic.  I love to sit on the beach; I can listen to the ocean for hours in a near trance.  I always get the feeling that listening to the surf puts my fragmented brain/soul/self/whatever back together. 

Now you have me wondering, is there more I can do with this?  Could you tell me anything about how you work with channeling sound healing?  :love: I would really appreciate it!

Rupicapra

The only thing I can throw in here is the musician, music and movement threapist, ethnomusicologist, psychologist, sociologist, Sufi master Rahmi Oruç Güvenç of the Tumata (Group for the Research and Promotion of Turkish Music).

I have to say that I don't understand much about this topic, I only know about him because my mum had mentioned him a while ago and sent me out to chase one of his CDs. He studies Turkish Music Tonalities (Makam) and their Effects on Human Beings.

The CD my mum utterly loves is Rivers of One, I like listening to it too, but I did no further research into this.

Mi-Shell

In my shamanic practice I do a lot of healing but also diagnostic work with sound.

Of course I do use different drums (have over 60 frame drums in my house)

I do use a variety of different rattles and I also have 12 crystal singing bowls, including practitioner singing bowls.

What I use when and how depends on the individual patient and what my Spirit Guides tell/ lead me to do.

Different diseases respond differently to certain sounds and sound waves..... :)