Sign in to follow this  
Saturn Celeste

#56 Favs - Five of Pentacles

We are on the 5 of Pentacles everyone!  So share your favorite 5's sad as this card can 'appear' to be.  Link, upload or just tell us your favorite cards, please.  :biggrin:

My 5 of Pentacles is from the Before tarot.  I love (and have) all of them: Tarot of the New Vision, After tarot, Vice Versa tarot and Before tarot.

5ofPent.jpg.a42ef323fab6f7ad64c8a4a6f045b4dd.jpg

I've been going through these threads and pulling out my five decks to decide which are my favorites. I'll start here.

For the 5 Pentacles card (which always gives me a little hitch in my throat when I pull it), I really love the Linestrider illustration. To me, it evokes the idea that you are (or someone in your life is) feeling crippled and powerless in a situation regarding your home, work, or finances. You/They want help, but maybe you're asking for it in the wrong way, or you might be blind to the help actually being offered. You're asking for a handout, but maybe the better solution comes from within.

I think there's more of a sense of isolation in this illustration than in the traditional RW. To me, the traditional RW of the girl leading the crippled boy past the church window in the snow seems to point more toward the idea that maybe you are following (or leading someone else down) a path that's more difficult than it needs to be. I do love the traditional RW depiction on this card, as well.

5_Pentacles.jpg.35f847c3bab53e2cde0fbf4e023aa3f3.jpg

I like the Shadowscapes 5 of pentacles, the little butterfly made me realise there's always hope, even if it seems tiny in a time of misery.

5pent.jpg.f1ea8e1c45f0c61d7ddc7977755a0291.jpg

5 of pentacles in Romantic tarot deck.

The faces of onlookers speak volume. These two will be in a heap of trouble next morning!  :party:

c9a4a51f3edc7dae7eb76cf3c95a5eac-1.jpg.d468ed0f1a67ba6922cf99d9c40e0d43.jpg