Reply here if you want a study group subforum

Little Fang

18 minutes ago, Lee3 said:

Amazing @Saturn Celeste  I’m just putting together my first card / topic so hopefully have that posted by tommorrow  

I have this deck too so I will definitely be checking out what you all come up with! 

I'm interested in a Wooden Tarot study group but not sure if there are others interested in this as well. I know there used to be a study group for the deck around somewhere, maybe Aeclectic, I've also heard FB has one or there was one. I have the deck, and since it doesn't come with a guidebook, and some cards require deeper insight into what is depicted in the image, I thought a study group a good idea. Where we could talk about the cards and in that way get better acquainted with the deck's imagery. 

AJ-ish/Sharyn

I know many are hesitant to start a deck study group, don't be! YOU don't have to do it all, but once a deck is started people will add to it over the years, one of the great strengths and pleasures and a great way to support a forum and give it depth of use and knowledge. 

20 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

I know many are hesitant to start a deck study group, don't be! YOU don't have to do it all, but once a deck is started people will add to it over the years, one of the great strengths and pleasures and a great way to support a forum and give it depth of use and knowledge. 

I guess, following up with this encouraging message, I would like a Wooden Tarot study group. I will add little by little what I find, and maybe others will pop in and add their bit as well as time moves on.

Could we have one for the Mary-el Tarot please? I just got my (old version) deck delivered, I like it a lot, but it is quite different for me cause it's not as RWS as I'm used to. With a lot of people having either old and/or the new version, I think it might be nice to have a study group? Thank you 🙂

6 hours ago, Rupicapra said:

Could we have one for the Mary-el Tarot please? I just got my (old version) deck delivered, I like it a lot, but it is quite different for me cause it's not as RWS as I'm used to. With a lot of people having either old and/or the new version, I think it might be nice to have a study group? Thank you 🙂

Seconded! 

Yes..I want love it if we have the following groups:

1. To study Lenormand. Mentorship program for it

2. To study to read using playing cards

Out of these too, my vote is for the first one.

Regards

Ashwsh

Saturn Celeste
7 hours ago, ashwsh said:

Yes..I want love it if we have the following groups:

1. To study Lenormand. Mentorship program for it

2. To study to read using playing cards

Out of these too, my vote is for the first one.

Regards

Ashwsh

I am too short of mentors at this point to even consider a Lenormand mentorship.  Try posting in the Lenormand section and perhaps the members who use the cards will give you some tips!  I have no inclination to teach how to read playing cards.  That is the type of study anyone can do on their own.  Carla has a section in the study group so perhaps if you go there she'll be able to give you some tips! :azn:

Saturn Celeste
13 hours ago, Rupicapra said:

The Mary-El group has been added! 😄

I'm wondering if or how) I could better organise the threads within the Arthurian study group?

The workbook has sections, for example, and it would be nice to be able to group the relevant threads together into sub-groups, but I've no idea how this might be possible?

many thanks if anyone can help out with this - or I'll just happily keep going as is.

Best wishes

PathWalker

19 minutes ago, PathWalker said:

I'm wondering if or how) I could better organise the threads within the Arthurian study group?

The workbook has sections, for example, and it would be nice to be able to group the relevant threads together into sub-groups, but I've no idea how this might be possible?

many thanks if anyone can help out with this - or I'll just happily keep going as is.

Best wishes

PathWalker

Could you perhaps make a master index thread where you list and link everything in a way that fits with the book? 

19 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

Could you perhaps make a master index thread where you list and link everything in a way that fits with the book? 

I don't know LOL

I suppose that's a possible, it could go at the top as a sticky, and I could add links as each new thread gets added?

I just didn't know the technicalities/possibilities of it, and was trying to get some info. That's a good idea, thank you.

(I do believe I am a thwarted librarian - I do like order and sections :classic_smile: )

17 minutes ago, PathWalker said:

I don't know LOL

I suppose that's a possible, it could go at the top as a sticky, and I could add links as each new thread gets added?

I just didn't know the technicalities/possibilities of it, and was trying to get some info. That's a good idea, thank you.

(I do believe I am a thwarted librarian - I do like order and sections :classic_smile: )

Yes, I meant like a master sticky thread on top 😀. If you create the thread then just let us know and we will make it sticky for you! 

This is the thread which will index all the study lessons - could this one be a sticky in the Arthurian thread please?

Than  you muchly

Oh - also please how do I prevent each link from appearing as a whole box like this one above, instead as a single line which you can click? Am I doing something slightly 'off'?

Thank you

Edited by PathWalker

26 minutes ago, PathWalker said:

This is the thread which will index all the study lessons - could this one be a sticky in the Arthurian thread please?

Than  you muchly

Oh - also please how do I prevent each link from appearing as a whole box like this one above, instead as a single line which you can click? Am I doing something slightly 'off'?

Thank you

It’s pinned now 🙂. As for the links, when the box appears there is also an option right below the box that you can click if you want the link to be all text 

It should look like this:

5C87E695-D06E-4B45-AF80-B84DA5157CA6.jpeg.de7fcfe2a7447953d986ceec30204f09.jpeg

Don’t click on the “x” because then the option vanishes. Click on “display as link instead”. I believe you’ll have to do this for every link. 

loveheartlight

Spirit Science has opened a free webinar called the Ten Secrets of the Tarot over at their website PatchTarot.com, and I am wondering if this is the right place in the Forum wherewith I can share my notes and bounce thoughts with other people who've audited it.

59 minutes ago, loveheartlight said:

Spirit Science has opened a free webinar called the Ten Secrets of the Tarot over at their website PatchTarot.com, and I am wondering if this is the right place in the Forum wherewith I can share my notes and bounce thoughts with other people who've audited it.

Sure. Let’s call on @Saturn Celeste who is in charge of the study groups 🙂