Reply here if you want a study group subforum

Little Fang

Saturn Celeste
17 hours ago, loveheartlight said:

Spirit Science has opened a free webinar called the Ten Secrets of the Tarot over at their website PatchTarot.com, and I am wondering if this is the right place in the Forum wherewith I can share my notes and bounce thoughts with other people who've audited it.

Here you go!  Let me know if the name needs changing 😉

https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/forum/160-ten-secrets-of-the-tarot/

Hello! 😊 I'm actually a newbie currently learning to read the Traditional Rider Waite. And I have a fantastic ide for a subtopic for newbies with Traditional Rider Waite where they can go to share anything that they may have learned and ask any questions that they may have as well. We could help one another learn very quickly. 

7 hours ago, Andy said:

Hello! 😊 I'm actually a newbie currently learning to read the Traditional Rider Waite. And I have a fantastic ide for a subtopic for newbies with Traditional Rider Waite where they can go to share anything that they may have learned and ask any questions that they may have as well. We could help one another learn very quickly. 

Are you looking to start a RWS study group? With separate threads for each cards? That is a thought, I just want to provide you with some more ideas:

How about posting in our RWS section ? You could either make a "Newbies studying the RWS tarot " thread, or start threads for individual cards. 

This way it doesn't require the same structure and maintenance as a study group (study groups require a leader; someone that provide a structure and sets the pace, and then runs it for whatever time it takes to go through all the scheduled sections. Ideally this should be someone who is a bit experienced with the forum and with their topic).

You could also start a discussion in Individual Card Meanings. Most discussions in Individual Card Meanings rely on the RWS and practically every experienced reader here on the forum knows this deck inside and out.

A third idea is that you start your own RWS newbie Journal and invite others to chime in. 

1 hour ago, Raggydoll said:

Are you looking to start a RWS study group? With separate threads for each cards? That is a thought, I just want to provide you with some more ideas:

How about posting in our RWS section ? You could either make a "Newbies studying the RWS tarot " thread, or start threads for individual cards. 

This way it doesn't require the same structure and maintenance as a study group (study groups require a leader; someone that provide a structure and sets the pace, and then runs it for whatever time it takes to go through all the scheduled sections. Ideally this should be someone who is a bit experienced with the forum and with their topic).

You could also start a discussion in Individual Card Meanings. Most discussions in Individual Card Meanings rely on the RWS and practically every experienced reader here on the forum knows this deck inside and out.

A third idea is that you start your own RWS newbie Journal and invite others to chime in. 

@Raggydoll I love the way your mind works! You just gave me some brilliant ideas. Thank you!! 😁

54 minutes ago, Andy said:

@Raggydoll I love the way your mind works! You just gave me some brilliant ideas. Thank you!! 😁

Oooh, I am so glad I was able to spark some ideas! And I do look forward to hearing more about them!! 

On 7/3/2017 at 11:03 PM, Little Fang said:

Let me know if you want to open a study group and I'll open up a subforum just for itl

Yes @Little Fang I would like a study group on the

Darkness in Light  3rd edition 

also 

The Green Witch 

That would be great. 

On 1/19/2020 at 3:59 AM, AeonHorus said:

Yes @Little Fang I would like a study group on the

Darkness in Light  3rd edition 

also 

The Green Witch 

That would be great. 

Pinging @Little Fang here 😊 I would also participate in the Study Group for the Green Witch Tarot.

16 hours ago, joy said:

Thank you!!!

@AeonHorus I really would like to join you in the Studies of the Green Witch!

Lets begin then I will start off . I think, if we go through the cards one by one, I'll give my take on the card then you can give your take then whoever else wants a go they can 🙂 

4 hours ago, AeonHorus said:

Lets begin then I will start off . I think, if we go through the cards one by one, I'll give my take on the card then you can give your take then whoever else wants a go they can 🙂 

Sounds like a fabulous plan! Thank you :azn:

I would love to start a study group for the "Tarot of the Holy Light"  by Christine Payne-Towler and Michael Dowers 

I recently had a phone conversation with co-creator, Christine Payne Towler, to get her feedback about her historic esoteric influenced tarot deck. This deck is very rich in imagery, symbolism, and esoteric history. The deck covers kabbalah, alchemy, early astrology, and the relationship of the four elements within the major and minor context. She has two books, one being the "Tarot of the Holy Light" which is a 490-page guidebook that explores the imagery and meaning of each card in its arcana. The companion book to the TOHL, "Foundations of the Esoteric Tradition" explores the early history of esotericism. Both books are excellent guides to begin a personal journey into this deck.

I received the deluxe edition deck last September and have yet to fully read with it as it is quite complex. I do have the TOHL guidebook and it is already starting to fill up with notes and highlighted information. First and foremost this is a study deck to begin with and best for those with an advanced understanding of the tarot. This is not to say that you can not get this deck as a beginner, perhaps down the line, this deck will serve a greater purpose if you continue a dedicated tarot practice.

I wanted to bring this deck to light as in my conversation with Christine she expressed an interest in doing online lectures and courses with those who are interested in learning more about the TOHL. I'm hoping by sharing this post, it can reach those who would like to learn more about the deck and to further grow in its knowledge. I feel this is a great opportunity for those who have an esoteric metaphysical practice.

Below is her website.. granted it has been overdue for an update, I am told that she is working on a new site to promote her teachings, etc.

Any questions, please feel free to leave comments or visit the Tarot University link. https://www.tarotuniversity.com

Little Fang

Sure @Cora!

NOTE: Any Study Groups that have 0 posts by the end of this month will be deleted.  Please check to see if you are interested in one of our abandoned groups!

A book I have a really hard time with is the Pictorial Key. Its written in such old-timey english using words that sometimes don't really exist anymore. I have a hard time understanding it, but its kind of THE book for RWS symbolism. Would a study group for that book, where people can ask "what the heck does this sentence even mean?" be a worthy idea? Even if I'm the one asking that question a lot? 😅

I made a post to start a study of the mythic tarot. is it too late to make it a subforum?

Edited by 6xscorpio
re-wording

Hello

Could I request a thread for general study of the Thomson Leng published The Tarot Fortune Telling Cards (and could it be called that rather than Thomson Leng).

The thread would be for general study, including the source material that informed the deck (Picard, Sepharial) and its users (Madeline Montalban, &c). The first post would be discussing elements and dignities. 

Many thanks. 

NOTE: If there has been no activity in a study group forum in the last 90 days (unless it's really full of good stuff) it's going to be hidden and archived.  Please get some activity going in your favorite deck group!  

List of forums being hidden: (Message me to reactivate them)

Dark Goddess Tarot

Everyday Enchantment

Minchiate

Nicoletta Ceccoli

Prisma Visions

Tarot of the Crone
True Black Tarot

Darkness in Light