The Silver Soul Tarot

Day Soleil

This is going to be a wonderful tarot Day. 

But l know l am going to be in a minority here by saying l fell in love with the uncoloured pencil drawings. It gave the cards a beautiful soft feel, and so relaxing on the eyes and senses.

Please don't shoot me  :))

How about two versions of the deck, colored and uncolored?  That way no one needs to be shot.  Wait, what?

Well that wouldn't be hard to do both, as I do the pencil sketches before creating the art pieces with colored pencil on a different sheet of paper. I'm much more comfortable with sketching than I am with colors. But I'm not sure how to add pencil sketches to a background with card numbers and borders on them in Photoshop without making them look mismatched. Maybe I will play around with that.

Thank you soooo much for this feedback, Thoughtful[/member]

This is going to be a wonderful tarot Day. 

But l know l am going to be in a minority here by saying l fell in love with the uncoloured pencil drawings. It gave the cards a beautiful soft feel, and so relaxing on the eyes and senses.

Please don't shoot me  :))

How about two versions of the deck, colored and uncolored?  That way no one needs to be shot.  Wait, what?

Well that wouldn't be hard to do both, as I do the pencil sketches before creating the art pieces with colored pencil on a different sheet of paper. I'm much more comfortable with sketching than I am with colors. But I'm not sure how to add pencil sketches to a background with card numbers and borders on them in Photoshop without making them look mismatched. Maybe I will play around with that.

Thank you soooo much for this feedback, Thoughtful[/member]

don't worry about tech stuff, it's super easy to fix & combine elements in paint program later(even I can do it with gimp!:) like you can write your own handwriting text & numbers separately later than glue it together in pa?;D

just keep going on your inspiration & everything else will work itself out later!:)

p.s imo bnw lineart is great idea as it let you to offer color your own/coloring pages art!;D

& with pod there is no price difference with any extra edition you decide to offer!;D so it's a win win for everyone!;)

don't worry about tech stuff, it's super easy to fix & combine elements in paint program later(even I can do it with gimp!:) like you can write your own handwriting text & numbers separately later than glue it together in pa?;D

just keep going on your inspiration & everything else will work itself out later!:)

p.s imo bnw lineart is great idea as it let you to offer color your own/coloring pages art!;D

& with pod there is no price difference with any extra edition you decide to offer!;D so it's a win win for everyone!;)

Okay, I think I understood most, but not all of this, lol. But I got the main gist, which is to just keep at it, which I will. It might take me a long time, but I'm really liking this project. It's very soothing to draw and color in the evenings. :) Thank you for the encouragement, reall[/member] !

Okay, I think I understood most, but not all of this, lol. But I got the main gist, which is to just keep at it, which I will. It might take me a long time, but I'm really liking this project. It's very soothing to draw and color in the evenings. :) Thank you for the encouragement, reall[/member] !

Ha ha! Exactly!;D my english is not perfect BUT I'm good with *digital!;) so just keep it going & feel free to ask me anytime if you have any *tech question it CAN BE DONE!;D

I finally came up with a concept for the High Priestess and am pretty excited about it. I also really like my Empress rough sketch I did a while back. Before I draw them "for real," just thought I'd see if anyone has feedback for me on elements and composition.

I finally came up with a concept for the High Priestess and am pretty excited about it. I also really like my Empress rough sketch I did a while back. Before I draw them "for real," just thought I'd see if anyone has feedback for me on elements and composition.

Holy Cow!! You sure are good at art work...I admire that so <3 If it were my drawings we still be at stick people :)

Guest Night Shade

These are beautiful, Day Soleil[/member] .  What I especially like about The Empress is that the woman doesn't have a "perfect" body - there need to be more cards like that.

Holy Cow!! You sure are good at art work...I admire that so <3 If it were my drawings we still be at stick people :)

Thank you so much @~D!

These are beautiful, Day Soleil[/member] .  What I especially like about The Empress is that the woman doesn't have a "perfect" body - there need to be more cards like that.

Thank you, Night Shade[/member]! Yes, I agree. Plus that model is such a lovely, nurturing human being - I knew I had to find one of my sketches of her to be the Empress card. All of the figures I'm using are from life, so there are going to be more unusual (or typical?) body shapes represented, as those are our weekly models.

How did I miss this?!! I LOVE your artwork. It has a soul to it. Thank you for sharing  <3

Thank you, lovely Raggydoll[/member]

Nice work, Day Soleil!

Thank you so much BrightEye[/member]!

Beautiful love both of them. Agree with Night Shade[/member] , it is great to see real people instead of photo-shopped people.

You mentioned earlier how much work it would be to fully color the drawings. How about just coloring part of it? Things you want to stand out?

Sooo... I'm thinking about doing these in grayscale, with just a smidge of color for certain elements. I have no idea how that would be printed, but that's my idea right now. The Grayscale Tarot? Gray Soul Tarot?

I revised Judgement to match more with the interpretation of Judgement as a call.

I'm on a freaking roll right now - loving it. :)

Beautiful love both of them. Agree with Night Shade[/member] , it is great to see real people instead of photo-shopped people.

You mentioned earlier how much work it would be to fully color the drawings. How about just coloring part of it? Things you want to stand out?

Ha! We must be on the same wavelength, joy[/member] ! Yes, I think this is the way I'm leaning!

Ha! We must be on the same wavelength, joy[/member] ! Yes, I think this is the way I'm leaning!

:egyptian: :egyptian: :egyptian:

Sooo... I'm thinking about doing these in grayscale, with just a smidge of color for certain elements. I have no idea how that would be printed, but that's my idea right now. The Grayscale Tarot? Gray Soul Tarot?

I revised Judgement to match more with the interpretation of Judgement as a call.

Yessssss! I am sure that will look awesome printed! As far as I understand you make the paintings, take the highest possible resolution pics and a GOOD printing shop will do the rest!

50 shades of gray? ... nope.... Maybe re-think the name :-)

Grayscale with or without touches of color would be outstanding, but the colored versions of the Ace of Pentacles and Four of Swords here

https://www.thetarotforum.com/deck-creations/day's-rough-sketches/msg74247/#msg74247

are heartbreakingly beautiful.  I respect that it would be a much longer, much more involved process to do the deck in color, but I hope that's still a viable option.

Grayscale with or without touches of color would be outstanding, but the colored versions of the Ace of Pentacles and Four of Swords here

https://www.thetarotforum.com/deck-creations/day's-rough-sketches/msg74247/#msg74247

are heartbreakingly beautiful.  I respect that it would be a much longer, much more involved process to do the deck in color, but I hope that's still a viable option.

50 Shades of Gray isn't jiving with you Grandma[/member]? :)

Is it the color that appeals, or the stained-glass kind of style or both? Just curious!

I think the cool thing is I could do both. But I like the idea of grayscale to get me to focus on getting the pencil sketches actually, you know, DONE. Because I have such a short attention span!

50 Shades of Gray isn't jiving with you Grandma[/member]? :)

Is it the color that appeals, or the stained-glass kind of style or both? Just curious!

I think the cool thing is I could do both. But I like the idea of grayscale to get me to focus on getting the pencil sketches actually, you know, DONE. Because I have such a short attention span!

The color is the integral aspect of the stained-glass style, isn't it?  And the stained-glass style is a spiritually inspiring expression of color.  I just love it.  I know it's easy for me to say because I'm not the one doing it, but I believe the beauty of the colored pictures makes the extra effort well spent.

Are you going for quick or are you going for best?  Personally, I'd rather see a project extended indefinitely than completed for the sake of getting it over with.  Of course, if you decide that grayscale is best, that's a different story, but please make your decisions based on aesthetics, not expediency. 

In any case, your talent is great and your work is amazing.

Woah! This is Awesome!:) Music elements my fav!^^ & That Empress is probably best I've seen!^^ imagine it colored green & brown pencils?:) btw just be sure face perspective on HP is ok? I have similar issue with my page of cups in my deck in progress!x,z facepalm will post img tomorow!:)

btw I would name it Free Spirit or Nature Soul Tarot!:D or something along those lines!^^ lol keep rollin!^^;)

The color is the integral aspect of the stained-glass style, isn't it?  And the stained-glass style is a spiritually inspiring expression of color.  I just love it.  I know it's easy for me to say because I'm not the one doing it, but I believe the beauty of the colored pictures makes the extra effort well spent.

Are you going for quick or are you going for best?  Personally, I'd rather see a project extended indefinitely than completed for the sake of getting it over with.  Of course, if you decide that grayscale is best, that's a different story, but please make your decisions based on aesthetics, not expediency. 

In any case, your talent is great and your work is amazing.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Grandma[/member]! I don't know if it's a matter of expediency so much as I'm not as comfortable with color as I am with grayscale or black and white. There's something that feels more authentically "me" about the plain pencil sketches, since that's been my medium for so long. I think I'll keep going on my sketch compositions then tackle the color question. I feel like I need to take a course in color composition.

Woah! This is Awesome!:) Music elements my fav!^^ & That Empress is probably best I've seen!^^ imagine it colored green & brown pencils?:) btw just be sure face perspective on HP is ok? I have similar issue with my page of cups in my deck in progress!x,z facepalm will post img tomorow!:)

Aah, yes - thank you so much for catching, reall[/member]!  That's the problem with using some of these old 2-minute gesture poses - I didn't always nail everything correctly. But the short poses are always more dynamic than the long poses. Thank you also for your encouragement and name suggestions too - will definitely keep in mind!

Wow Day Soleil[/member] what amazing artistic talent you have...I love your sketches! <3

Thank you so much for your encouragement LoveLightPeace[/member] !

Continuing along on my pencil drawings and spending more time on developing them.

Now that I've freed my mind up from worrying about color, I think I'm gaining better insight into the compositions and thinking about them as a whole. I will add color once I'm done and will then have two different deck styles.

For now, I'm calling this project as "The Silver Soul Tarot" which has been great for giving me focus, motivation and inspiration.

I will add color once I'm done and will then have two different deck styles.

Whoo hoo! 

Now Thoughtful[/member] and I will both be happy, along with everyone else who is following the creation of this spectacular deck with a beautiful name!

Saturn Celeste

Kickstart this deck, Day.  It's going to be amazing!  <3

Note, if you do go ahead and plan to sell this deck (which you should) you'll most likely need to consider redoing your 2 of Pentacles.  It's really similar to the Linestrider. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.