The Silver Soul Tarot

Day Soleil

Kickstart this deck, Day.  It's going to be amazing!  <3

Thanks, Saturn Celeste[/member]  ! I don't think I should kickstart until I've got all my sketches done, right? But, yes, Kickstart would be great to help me pay for supplies to turn into color (would love to paint these in oil on canvas instead of colored pencil, but we'll see how I feel about that later). Crowdfunding would be great for professional printing and shipping.

Note, if you do go ahead and plan to sell this deck (which you should) you'll most likely need to consider redoing your 2 of Pentacles.  It's really similar to the Linestrider. ;)

Is it really? I honestly couldn't remember what I drew for 2 pents, as that was the first one back in Jan. But ALL previous artwork with "fantastic" creatures are going bye-bye. I'm going to stick to real figures for this.

Saturn Celeste

Kickstart this deck, Day.  It's going to be amazing!  <3

Thanks, Saturn Celeste[/member]  ! I don't think I should kickstart until I've got all my sketches done, right? But, yes, Kickstart would be great to help me pay for supplies to turn into color (would love to paint these in oil on canvas instead of colored pencil, but we'll see how I feel about that later). Crowdfunding would be great for professional printing and shipping.

Note, if you do go ahead and plan to sell this deck (which you should) you'll most likely need to consider redoing your 2 of Pentacles.  It's really similar to the Linestrider. ;)

Is it really? I honestly couldn't remember what I drew for 2 pents, as that was the first one back in Jan. But ALL previous artwork with "fantastic" creatures are going bye-bye. I'm going to stick to real figures for this.

It's on the first page of this thread.  Excellent idea to keep it human,  your figures are so captivating!  <3

mmm luv that Star!^^ and name & Silver idea!^^ btw ludocards let you print silver foil as well!:) btw i'm p* off at ks at the moment but preorders will go!:) lol

Day Soleil[/member]

Hello Day! So nice to see you've been working on your own deck as I enjoy watching all the creative process. I liked the coloured sketches you posted. I think it's a great idea you want to use paint (rather than pencil). Can't wait to see more from you! 😀

LoveLightPeace

The Silver Soul Tarot...LOVE IT!!! I hope that you do publish this deck, I would be thrilled to have a copy of the beautiful deck that you're creating Day Soleil[/member]  :heartz:

Hi everyone, thank you all for your lovely encouragement and support of my "Silver Soul" project. I am sooo into this deck! Worked 14 hours on two more cards yesterday.

For simplicity's sake, I decided to pull all the artwork off here and will just post them to my website here: https://daysoleil.wixsite.com/home. 

I think you can enter your email and get notifications whenever I upload new ones. I can also add links on this thread rather than having to worry about resizing to upload here.

xoxo

Day

Guest Night Shade

Hi everyone, thank you all for your lovely encouragement and support of my "Silver Soul" project. I am sooo into this deck! Worked 14 hours on two more cards yesterday.

For simplicity's sake, I decided to pull all the artwork off here and will just post them to my website here: https://daysoleil.wixsite.com/home. 

I think you can enter your email and get notifications whenever I upload new ones. I can also add links on this thread rather than having to worry about resizing to upload here.

xoxo

Day

I just signed up!  I can't wait to see the rest of the cards!  <3

xoxo

Day

bookmarked!:D

I haven't figured out how to send out updates when I post new images or blog posts to my site. I'll PM Saturn Celeste[/member] to see if she can help. In the meantime, I've drawn several more cards and would love to know if they resonate with anyone. I'm pretty sure I'm going to re-draw the Fool completely. Otherwise, would love feedback if anyone's got time/curiosity to check out the first 15 I've posted. :)

edit: oops, here's the site: https://daysoleil.wixsite.com/home

Love them all!

9 of Pentacles is just gorgeous!

Not so sure about Wheel of Fortune, the man seems to go backwards, I would rather see him going forward with the flow of the up and down. Also his body indicates an older man but his face to me looks young.

I really really really love them all. Keep going I want that deck  <3

Saturn Celeste

Not so sure about Wheel of Fortune, the man seems to go backwards, I would rather see him going forward with the flow of the up and down. Also his body indicates an older man but his face to me looks young.

The deck will be stunning!  I would like to comment about the Wheel of Fortune also.  I suggest you move the dragon higher up on the wheel because the old guy looks like he's pulling it out of his butt!  :blol:

Thank you, AnomalyTempest[/member] and Night Shade[/member]! Thank you joy[/member] and @Saturn Celeste, too, and for pointing out issues with WOF. Really good points! This is why it's always so helpful to have more eyes on these things. I actually had a dream about a different composition for WOF the other day. I wasn't going to draw it, but now I think I might give it a try. Thank you so much!!

Thank you, AnomalyTempest[/member] and Night Shade[/member]! Thank you joy[/member] and Saturn Celeste[/member], too, and for pointing out issues with WOF. Really good points! This is why it's always so helpful to have more eyes on these things. I actually had a dream about a different composition for WOF the other day. I wasn't going to draw it, but now I think I might give it a try. Thank you so much!!

You are most welcome! For me it is not easy to 'criticize' art, as it is something very personal. So glad it was ok  <3

Day Soleil

I would like to retitle this thread to "The Silver Soul Tarot." It says to click and hold, but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty excited to have surpassed the 25% mark on my tarot deck drawings! I have 13 Majors posted (a couple I am re-drawing to make them look more polished) and 9 Minors. I'm always surprised by which cards call to me to draw. One of these days I'll start doing blog posts about my thought process, but for now I'm just going to keep the pencil moving.

I really like my new Fool card, and I'm on the fence on the WOF piece. I almost didn't post it, and may redraw it for the 5th or 6th time. I can't tell you how many times I've drawn and redrawn some of these and the WOF card most of all. But my enthusiasm is growing with each drawing. I'm not even getting upset at the ones I rip up, which is pretty amazing for me. I feel like I'm getting in the zone.

Artwork is here:

https://daysoleil.wixsite.com/home

22 hours ago, Day Soleil said:

I would like to retitle this thread to "The Silver Soul Tarot." It says to click and hold, but that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Just did it, hope that was/is ok? Just keep holding long enough until the title is sort of in a box. Then changed it and hit enter 🙂

22 hours ago, Day Soleil said:

I'm pretty excited to have surpassed the 25% mark on my tarot deck drawings! I have 13 Majors posted (a couple I am re-drawing to make them look more polished) and 9 Minors. I'm always surprised by which cards call to me to draw. One of these days I'll start doing blog posts about my thought process, but for now I'm just going to keep the pencil moving.

I really like my new Fool card, and I'm on the fence on the WOF piece. I almost didn't post it, and may redraw it for the 5th or 6th time. I can't tell you how many times I've drawn and redrawn some of these and the WOF card most of all. But my enthusiasm is growing with each drawing. I'm not even getting upset at the ones I rip up, which is pretty amazing for me. I feel like I'm getting in the zone.

Artwork is here:

https://daysoleil.wixsite.com/home

Love, love, love The Fool! And the 2 of cups! And The Wheel of Fortune and and and! Can not wait until I can order it ❤️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.