Observations On Pathworking/Shadow Work/Active Imagination

Starlight

Starlight[/member]

It is interesting to see your new view on this.

First things first.

Reading your first post more closely, and following the links,

I can now see that I have indeed done first stage Act Imag.

Though I didn't follow the recipe in the link, and hence went down different paths, so to speak.

It was a hard period of my life, and I'm not sure if the whole ordeal actually dragged me deeper down.

Hence why I prefer the safer medium of Tarot. ( People who fear Tarot have it all backwards  ::) )

The healthy ego description you found seem to be a good yardstick to check if one is ready for such things.

If one has the self-insight necessary to see it that is, many an unhealthy person will just say

CHECK

CHECK

CHECK!!!

and assume they are ready to go, because their huge ego does not see that size does not equal strength.

You ability to actually look for a yardstick does bode well in general for your ego-fitness.  ;)

It seems you have found some really good tools and I hope they work for you as advertised. :)

As for the charioteer being the witness that is held up in spiritual traditions is interesting.

I like the idea, and incorporating it would not really change too much of the interpretation done symbolically.

After all symbols are receptive to many points of view, and subjective interpretation of them is half the fun.

Though there also lies the pitfalls in communicating about them, forgetting that ones interpretation is merely a projection.

Beyond that, the witness thing is so involved that I won't even try to accurately describe it with Jungian concepts.

Not that Jung doesn't try, but the whole thing is kinda mind-twisting.

It is also a pretty advanced concept, that if one attains it with any stability, would not really need all these words anymore anyway.

It is basically what lies beyond the perspectives, which gives me an interesting idea about something I read once,

but I don't remember it properly, and I won't try to chase it down tonight anyhow.

So yeah, I think this is a good place to draw this discussion to a temporary close, for me at least.

I myself has many ideas that I somehow need to channel into some kind of activity after this.  ^-^

You ability to actually look for a yardstick does bode well in general for your ego-fitness.  ;)

Thank you! I certainly hope so! :)

So yeah, I think this is a good place to draw this discussion to a temporary close, for me at least.

I myself has many ideas that I somehow need to channel into some kind of activity after this.  ^-^

I'm glad that the sharing is proving helpful. (That's the beauty of this forum, isn't it? It's a great community, diverse, and very supportive.)

I had a flash out of the blue a couple of weeks ago, an insight into how the energies in the shadow operate.

One thing I'd noticed was how sometimes I would sabotage my own efforts to do something I considered worthwhile - a good habit, a schedule I wanted to follow, something I wanted to stop doing, etc - and drew a card about it. I used the Les Vampires oracle deck and the card I got was [Maenad 19].

One sentence from the guidebook that resonated was along the lines of needing to find a way to express what it's in the shadow or it will undermine any virtues I have been striving to establish.

And voila! The energies in our shadows can ACT! If you let your guard down for a moment, they can take over and eat that chocolate, or insist on and justify surfing the net instead of turning off the screen. In short, those energies are real and can derail what the conscious-you wants to achieve.

That was eye-opening. :)

I'm going to add a couple of other articles I read recently to this thread that I found good.

Mary K Greer on Active Imagination (This made me rethink my decision to hold off on Active Imagination)

I haven't watched all of the video yet, but this could be good:

Caroline Myss's free Shadow ecourse on Sounds True

In the meantime I'm doing my utmost to persevere with Self-Compassion (despite the derailments!) and Shadow Work.

Doing a daily draw at the end of the day and applying it to something that's bothering me and journalling about it was proving very therapeutic.

Focusing after doing a daily draw on a specific issue and then journalling was also very good.

Last night I did some Active Imagination and at one point I had to come back to Focusing because the physical feeling was very intense. No image, just an intense feeling, almost like a thin blanket or sheet from within flowing out and covering me up. Interesting, and very productive at the same time. It brought me back to a nightmare I'd had as a child, and was very clearly something I hadn't dealt with. The work on this is still not done, but at least I'm taking steps in the right direction. :)

Maenad.jpg.24173185c7c0baf45d90f3ab4fd2c31a.jpg

I have an observation about the nature of the energies in our shadows.

I'll give a personal example to illustrate the point.

Yesterday, after shopping in 40 deg celsius heat, I returned home. I thought I was doing ok, but as soon as I walked through the door, I was snappy and peevish, and did not filter what I said very well at all. (Sigh.)

Later on, after my loved ones had departed for a cool beach, (I stayed home under the air con!) I was very upset with myself. And even got very worried about that part of myself that had been shrewish. Had it taken over? Was I letting shadow parts take over?

And then I had a realisation.

There is no Taking Over in the way I fear it's happening. It's all me. Some parts of me are what I used to call "moods". Bad mood; unhappy mood; jokey mood; business-like mood.... etc etc. But the fact of the matter is, it's ALL ME. And I'm cycling through each part of me, depending on what's been triggered.

What was quite a challenge to do was to have compassion for the part of me that was crotchety. But if I'm to accept and acknowledge those energies in my shadow that I cycle through as a natural part of being human, then compassion is necessary. And I used Kristin Neff's Self compassion meditation to do it. (Very moving.) (It's the fourth one down in the list of meditations.)

So yes, seeing my energies as what I used to call moods was quite enlightening. And to see those moods as the horses in the Chariot card makes sense. Ideally, the Charioteer is not letting those moods dictate how he behaves, but is instead responsive to those moods and can handle them wisely and well. They don't take him for a ride, he directs them in the direction he wants to go. :)

Something to ponder. :)

I'm right with you on that, Starlight. After doing quite a bit of shadow work I have to remind myself at times, that's just me, all of me.

I am often crotchety at things and take it out on my loved ones. I get a look from them that tells me Iv done it before and they sort of shrug it off. I'll be back to my lighter self in a while. I used to really beat myself up about it. But I'm learning to shrug it off too.

My worst shadow trait maybe that sometimes I really feel like doing the wrong thing. Rebelling if you will. Throw my litter from the car, or trip a child that's annoying me in the supermarket, or pick at a coworker who I know is in a bad mood. I used to feel so bad that I'd have these thoughts. What sort of person am I? But now I've spoken to my shadow side I find its part of me. Sometimes my shadow and I have a joke - should I keep goading that coworkers to see if they'll break, could I trip the toddler and no one see me. I don't do it but I let my shadow have some fun and then pop her back in her box and don't feel bad because I let her out for a while.

It's all a learning and I am still coming to terms with it. I am nothing but opposites and all of those things are good bad or indifferent but they are all me. And if I'm to be healthy and happy I must accept that.

Shine your light, Starlight, bright and dark.

A <3

I'm still reading through other posts, but I'd like to suggest Edwin Steinbrecher's book 'Inner Guide Meditation' on active imagination, Jungian archetypes, tarot and astrology. He teaches you how to safely engage with active imagination. He also tells you what archetypal energies might be repressed in you, based off of your astrological natal chart. I don't agree with the conclusions of like half of the book, but the actual introduction to active imagination that he gives is quite useful in my opinion.

I've been doing active imagining ever since I can remember. When I commit to the imagined/astral body, I meet with my guide/contact and we get down to work. I've met a lot of entities 'over there' and not all of them are nice or good for me. I have yet to engage in shadow work through this tool or activity in a serious manner.

I used to practice making constructs in the inner worlds and do things for entities when they asked. My current guide says I made a lot of mistakes as a child, playing around with these entities.

This is a very short experience I had with Venus/the Empress archetypal energy a couple months ago. It was a relatively shallow active imagination experience:

We went back to the solar system and I asked to go to Venus. We went to the planet and then the Empress came forth as a naked woman with tree branches and vines growing out of her skin, which was translucent almost and glowing.

She said the part of her within me is wilted and said I over-prune her. I asked how I could fix it and she said I needed to stop pruning and let her grow, not stamp her out. She started to get really angry at me and my guide pulled me away. I stopped journeying when that happened, came back instantly.

She kind of roared at me and her vines/branches shot out at me as I was leaving.

I'm still reading through other posts, but I'd like to suggest Edwin Steinbrecher's book 'Inner Guide Meditation' on active imagination, Jungian archetypes, tarot and astrology. He teaches you how to safely engage with active imagination. He also tells you what archetypal energies might be repressed in you, based off of your astrological natal chart. I don't agree with the conclusions of like half of the book, but the actual introduction to active imagination that he gives is quite useful in my opinion.

Hi KitKat[/member] and thank you for the book recommendation! It'll go on my wishlist. :)

Thank you for sharing your experiences as well. I've not done a lot of the Active Imagination side of things just yet, but have you heard of Kelly-Ann Maddox? (I included a link somewhere on pg 1 of this thread, I think.) She's done a lot of this work herself, and helps clients who would like to do this work. I've also come across Jessie Huntenberg on YouTube who does shadow work as well, and she has described at least one of her experiences when she met the Morrigan. Quite an introduction! :eek:

I'm right with you on that, Starlight. After doing quite a bit of shadow work I have to remind myself at times, that's just me, all of me.

[snip]

Shine your light, Starlight, bright and dark.

A <3

Hi Arabella - and thank you for sharing your experiences, and for your kind words.

The challenge, I'm finding, is to not judge my shadows but to have compassion. And when I do offer compassion, I feel this huge sense of relief and lightness. It's remarkable.

Thoughts from today:

Focusing is working well, too. Talking to the felt senses (*not* acting on them!) and just being with them. That eases the intensity, too.

Benebell Wen writes in her course that when you commit to shadow work, it's one of those things you have to see through to the end (as you have defined it for yourself), no matter how uncomfortable it may get. And Kelly-Ann Maddox said that shadow work can't be one of those things that you use for self-improvement. That's not what it's about. It'll change you, but it's not about doing it to change. Something like that.

I'll link a couple of videos that really got me thinking and pondering today.

Kelly-Ann:

Molly Roberts:

And your post, Arabella[/member] , caused me to think about how Judgement fits into Shadow Work. Judgement does not help AT ALL when working with these energies. There has to be an acceptance of them first. They exist, no matter how distasteful that might be to us. Judgement only serves to push them back into the shadows again, which is the opposite of what we're trying to do. (Because whether we acknowledge them or not, they will still force their way out in those moments when we are distracted, tired, hungry, hurt, or otherwise preoccupied.)

I've heard the word discernment used as an alternative to Judgement. Discernment, certainly, is necessary when it comes to shadow work, because our decision-making ego-strength has to actively engage with our shadow energies, and that discernment is what helps our ego-strength to decide the moral dimension of what we hear and learn from these energies.

But Judgement? Does that Tarot card have ANY part to play in this work? Discernment is more a High Priestess quality, I would think.

Anyway, those are my thoughts and rambles for today. :)

While it can be VERY UNCOMFORTABLE to examine what's going on in our shadows (and in other people's, perhaps even more!) I had another insight today that there are always two sides to an energy.

A couple of days ago I was a bit upset with myself for saying things without filtering what I was saying.

Today I experienced that non-filtering again, but it was a thinking process I was going through by myself, and it links to the reading I posted about a couple of days ago in the Tarot Readings section.

As part of my commitment to show myself more self-compassion, I decided a while back to make an effort to meditate daily and clear my mind of the monkey-chatter. Today, something in me - a part of me - was hell-bent on *not* meditating. So I did some some Focusing around that. The (unfiltered) response that came back was, "What's the point? I'm not seeing any progress in the way I'd like my day to look, anyway!"

Which, when that statement was out in the open, was a HUGE RELIEF. It felt so good to admit that, and to just let go of the "making an effort" that is constantly with me. It was like being able to breathe again.

Sometimes being forthright is really ok. It's ok for me to be that way when I'm by myself, that's for sure!

Ideally, I'd like to ensure I make observations to other people, when necessary, with a bit of tact and diplomacy sprinkled in, as well... but being forthright? FEELS GOOD! To be able to speak my mind. To observe and honour what I see instead of trying to put a "positive spin" on it. Sometimes I just have to say it like it is.

But that's where compassion is so important, because I do not want to use "say it like it is" as a justification for being unkind. Ever. So I'll keep up the meditating - as I did after the Focusing - because being able to tame the monkey-mind can only do good. :)

ETA: I've just re-read the post above and the part about Judgement. I was mulling on that a little today again. Judgement is more of a skill that's needed in the physical world - "This piece of wood is so long, will it fit the project I'm working on?" And "Can I jump across that hole in the path or should I go around it?" Judgement is more about maths, and really isn't useful when it comes to examining people or character traits or motivations, is it? Is it an outmoded concept? Was it ever really necessary? Have we outgrown it? Interestingly, that forthright part of me, was it "judging" my life? At least in an analytical way - looking at what was and looking at the goal and weighing one up against the other?

More thoughts to ponder.

I've been doing active imagining ever since I can remember. When I commit to the imagined/astral body, I meet with my guide/contact and we get down to work. I've met a lot of entities 'over there' and not all of them are nice or good for me. I have yet to engage in shadow work through this tool or activity in a serious manner.

I used to practice making constructs in the inner worlds and do things for entities when they asked. My current guide says I made a lot of mistakes as a child, playing around with these entities.

This is a very short experience I had with Venus/the Empress archetypal energy a couple months ago. It was a relatively shallow active imagination experience:

We went back to the solar system and I asked to go to Venus. We went to the planet and then the Empress came forth as a naked woman with tree branches and vines growing out of her skin, which was translucent almost and glowing.

She said the part of her within me is wilted and said I over-prune her. I asked how I could fix it and she said I needed to stop pruning and let her grow, not stamp her out. She started to get really angry at me and my guide pulled me away. I stopped journeying when that happened, came back instantly.

She kind of roared at me and her vines/branches shot out at me as I was leaving.

Hi KitKat[/member] ,

I've just read Inner Guide Meditation by Steinbrecher & found it a most fascinating book.  It kept popping up everywhere &being recommended by writers/occultists i really like as in Gareth Knight,Regardie & also on esoteric forums so i thought it must be a message. 

I've only been practicing his methods a few days but have some very strange exp.  I'm most intrigued by your experiences into the 'realms'.

I'm going to write a post on this subject on here when i get a moment to hear other's experiences on this kind of Jung-ist influenced technique.

Be very interested to hear more from you about this inner meditation!

Hello,

As I use Tarot with Shadow Work as I think it is a powerful tool for such a work, there are two books that helped me a lot:

Romancing the Shadow

Tarot Shadow Work

Greetings

Shade

Hello,

As I use Tarot with Shadow Work as I think it is a powerful tool for such a work, there are two books that helped me a lot:

Romancing the Shadow

Tarot Shadow Work

Greetings

Shade

Thank you for the recommendations, Shade[/member] . I'll check these out. :)

Romancing the Shadow by Connie Zweig and Stephen Wolf.

Tarot Shadow Work by Christine Jette

truthseeker65

I really struggle with this concept.

I only recently found out about "shadow work" and I'm still not sure what that means.  Or even how to start doing it.

I have been told repeatedly that I will never move forward in my life until I do this work.  But I've tried everything to figure what it is that is holding me back.  Meditation, musical meditation, artistic expression, daydreaming, you name it...and I don't seem to be clearing anything or having anything come to light.  I know I have some issues but I even tried light language and it just sounded like nonsense to me.

I would like to remove any blockages in my life and move forward.  I don't feel comfortable doing this with a paid practitioner as money is very very tight and I don't have extra for this kind of thing.  What do I do?

I really struggle with this concept.

I only recently found out about "shadow work" and I'm still not sure what that means.  Or even how to start doing it.

Hi truthseeker65[/member] . A really good resource is

on YT. I think that certain ways of doing Shadow Work don't require you to work with a professional, tarot and journalling, for instance.

I also came across this article just now. I haven't read it the whole way through, but the table of contents looked pretty good, concise and thorough. And I've included a few other links throughout this thread as well, as have other forum members. :)

I have been told repeatedly that I will never move forward in my life until I do this work.  But I've tried everything to figure what it is that is holding me back.  Meditation, musical meditation, artistic expression, daydreaming, you name it...and I don't seem to be clearing anything or having anything come to light.  I know I have some issues but I even tried light language and it just sounded like nonsense to me.

I would like to remove any blockages in my life and move forward.  I don't feel comfortable doing this with a paid practitioner as money is very very tight and I don't have extra for this kind of thing.  What do I do?

Because this is a Tarot forum first and foremost, perhaps you could start with a short tarot spread to get the ball rolling, if that interests you? I found this Shadow Work thread from the old Aeclectic Tarot forum that has a couple of spreads in it that look useful. And if you have any trouble interpreting the cards, you could post it to the Readings board here on the forums and other members might be able to brainstorm with you as to what the cards could be saying.

All the best with your journey, Truthseeker65.  :thumbsup:

Hi KitKat[/member] ,

I've just read Inner Guide Meditation by Steinbrecher & found it a most fascinating book.  It kept popping up everywhere &being recommended by writers/occultists i really like as in Gareth Knight,Regardie & also on esoteric forums so i thought it must be a message. 

I've only been practicing his methods a few days but have some very strange exp.  I'm most intrigued by your experiences into the 'realms'.

I'm going to write a post on this subject on here when i get a moment to hear other's experiences on this kind of Jung-ist influenced technique.

Hi Cookie[/member]

I'd already been doing active imagination/astral projection ever since I could remember. I kind of knew it was weird to do it, but I didn't have a name or concept for what I was doing until Fall 2018. I actually didn't do the Inner Guide Meditation to find my guide and I think the Koch astrology house system for seeing what your guide looks like and acts like is incorrect. I've spoken to another magician who says his guide is more akin to the sign on his 8th house cusp.

My guide appeared to me as a kid in my sleeping dreams, around kindergarten and he appeared in many of my dreams for over a decade up until college. I decided he was a guide, because he guided me through those dreams and then I met him through active imagining early on as well and we did many things 'over there'. I blocked out active imagining for the most part via drugs when I was 18-24 and only recently re-engaged with this.

The magician I mentioned earlier in this post gave me the Inner Guide Meditation and told me I shouldn't use active imagination as a pastime anymore, but should use it for a purpose like inner work with the archetypal energies. I'll be honest, I haven't engaged very much with the IGM, but it's been interesting so far. I'm very undisciplined with my imagination/astral projection though, which is something I'm trying to work on.

Cookie[/member]

I'll also say that in November 2018, I had a guide changeover. My guide, who'd been with me since I was a child, left me and introduced me to my new guide. They're very different.

Hi KitKat[/member] ,

Hi Cookie[/member]

I'd already been doing active imagination/astral projection ever since I could remember. I kind of knew it was weird to do it, but I didn't have a name or concept for what I was doing until Fall 2018. I actually didn't do the Inner Guide Meditation to find my guide and I think the Koch astrology house system for seeing what your guide looks like and acts like is incorrect. I've spoken to another magician who says his guide is more akin to the sign on his 8th house cusp.

My guide appeared to me as a kid in my sleeping dreams, around kindergarten and he appeared in many of my dreams for over a decade up until college. I decided he was a guide, because he guided me through those dreams and then I met him through active imagining early on as well and we did many things 'over there'. I blocked out active imagining for the most part via drugs when I was 18-24 and only recently re-engaged with this.

The magician I mentioned earlier in this post gave me the Inner Guide Meditation and told me I shouldn't use active imagination as a pastime anymore, but should use it for a purpose like inner work with the archetypal energies. I'll be honest, I haven't engaged very much with the IGM, but it's been interesting so far. I'm very undisciplined with my imagination/astral projection though, which is something I'm trying to work on.

Hi KitKat[/member] .. that is very interesting what you write. 

Steinbrecher says that about the guide being present in childhood.  And also the guides leaving you for another to appear when the work is done.  YOu must be naturally fairly advanced ... i've read & felt that Active Imagination is a very ancient technique, which our ancestors probably took as a given, but is lost now to most of us

I think people who it comes natural to are very undisciplined solely because of that...it's so natural.

And i think astrology is a difficult one because unless a person is an astrologer then it is quite a regimented & almost scientific process (if one is an astrologer or has studied it then it becomes one if the Arts).  I will look in to what you are saying, as for me the 8th House is Taurus & that would probably make more sense ... although nothing makes sense sometimes.

Thank you for your interesting post.  I would always be interested to hear more from you on this subject if ever you feel the incline.  I will perhaps write a post on this site about IGM as i've had some odd encounters, and some quite funny too like the women from my shadow-side who turns up drunk and in a wedding dress & is very abusive....and some of the things she says are very close to the bone, quite hurtful in fact.  Not sure what to make of it!

Anyway, another day perhaps. 

Hi KitKat[/member] .. that is very interesting what you write. 

Steinbrecher says that about the guide being present in childhood.  And also the guides leaving you for another to appear when the work is done.  YOu must be naturally fairly advanced ... i've read & felt that Active Imagination is a very ancient technique, which our ancestors probably took as a given, but is lost now to most of us

I think people who it comes natural to are very undisciplined solely because of that...it's so natural.

And i think astrology is a difficult one because unless a person is an astrologer then it is quite a regimented & almost scientific process (if one is an astrologer or has studied it then it becomes one if the Arts).  I will look in to what you are saying, as for me the 8th House is Taurus & that would probably make more sense ... although nothing makes sense sometimes.

Thank you for your interesting post.  I would always be interested to hear more from you on this subject if ever you feel the incline.  I will perhaps write a post on this site about IGM as i've had some odd encounters, and some quite funny too like the women from my shadow-side who turns up drunk and in a wedding dress & is very abusive....and some of the things she says are very close to the bone, quite hurtful in fact.  Not sure what to make of it!

Anyway, another day perhaps.

Wassup Cookie[/member]

I'm not sure I'd consider myself fairly advanced, but thank you for the compliment. lol I believe the same about active imagination. Josephine McCarthy calls it 'inner vision' and teaches you how to use it in her course on magic, Quareia. You should check it out if you want to engage with the occult and build 'magical muscle' so to speak. I'm going to engage with the course as soon as I've learned proper meditation.

One of my other magician friends called me a 'natural magician', because active imagination came easy to me. Last lunar eclipse, I kept floating off throughout the day and learned some interesting things from my guide. There are also a lot of parasites 'over there' in the inner worlds. I'd say there's purely inner work like probably working with an inner representation of a person or an archetypal energy even maybe, but there's also more 'expansive' work as well.

I'll say I'm not even sure it matters what sign your guide is like. Idk where I'd place my first guide.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the astrology aspect of things. I'm fairly new to the field myself and haven't found it an issue when engaging with the IGM. All you need to know is how to identify potentially repressed energies and read aspects to engage with these archetypes effectively. Honestly, you don't even need to know the astrology, because your guide can just take you where you need to go.

Interesting about the shadow side. That sounds really cool! I'd be down to exchange experiences. If you want, feel free to PM me too.

I've just read your screenplay post in the Reading section and it was very moving, truthseeker65[/member] . Thank you for sharing something so personal. You said there were tears, and that's excellent because you involved your emotions. That's part of the process, too. And you also made that particular piece of work concrete by journalling about the experience and by tackling the next part of your writing project. You could also journal a bit more personally about it, as well. How you felt about the Active Imagination afterwards, where you see your next step being, etc.

You could keep a journal (on your computer or in a notebook) and write down everything you uncover as you progress through your shadow work. And having a supportive friend to discuss things with, particularly if you're dealing with difficult emotions or thoughts, is important, too. Someone who can help talk you through everything and keep you grounded. :)

And, of course, if you have any more readings that you need help with, there's always the boards here at TT&M.  :cardz:  :)

P.S. I'm just linking back to an earlier post in this thread which outlines Active Imagination in case it might be helpful for you.

truthseeker65

I've just read your screenplay post in the Reading section and it was very moving, truthseeker65[/member] . Thank you for sharing something so personal. You said there were tears, and that's excellent because you involved your emotions. That's part of the process, too. And you also made that particular piece of work concrete by journalling about the experience and by tackling the next part of your writing project. You could also journal a bit more personally about it, as well. How you felt about the Active Imagination afterwards, where you see your next step being, etc.

You could keep a journal (on your computer or in a notebook) and write down everything you uncover as you progress through your shadow work. And having a supportive friend to discuss things with, particularly if you're dealing with difficult emotions or thoughts, is important, too. Someone who can help talk you through everything and keep you grounded. :)

And, of course, if you have any more readings that you need help with, there's always the boards here at TT&M.  :cardz:  :)

P.S. I'm just linking back to an earlier post in this thread which outlines Active Imagination in case it might be helpful for you.

Thank you...and I did discuss it with a friend ... I might do another shadow card pull later this week.  Not ready for more yet.  And I felt that this process was the right one for me.  Gentle yet direct, which is my personality.

It's been a few months now since I decided to delve into Shadow Work, and it went quite deep, and uncovered a lot of material.

Now I'm at a place where I need to come up out of the depths and take a deep breath. Clear the headspace, settle into the new phase. Just lighten things up a little.

I'd love some suggestions on how people "switch up" their energies after going through a challenging growth phase. Or for those who have done shadow work before, would you share how you shake up the energies a bit, clear out the old, settle into the new?

I'm mulling over a couple of ideas, but I've nothing concrete to share as yet. Nothing that I've tested on myself, anyway! 🙂

I am very much with you on this, Starlight. I am at the turning point too and would love some others insight into going with the flow and learning to "just breathe", be present in the now, and whatever that brings with it.

When you do come up with something concrete, please do share.

As always, my very best wishes to you and all of us who are doing this type of work, wading through the shadows.

Light to all

A ❤️ 

I've just been re-reading this thread and I want to thank everyone (and I shall list you all by name! @truthseeker65, @KitKat, @Cookie, @Shade, @Arabella, @Arch, @TheFeeLion, @Flaxen, @sandrang123, @Day Soleil, @White Fairy, @Raggydoll, @GreatDane) who participated and added to it. Forgive me if I didn't reply to any of you directly - it's just that I wasn't sure what I could add (most likely because of no experience or expertise) so I'm really glad that you were able to converse with each other when something resonated between you. 🙂 And thank you to those who recommended reading material - much appreciated! :thumbsup: