Baba studio contemplates reprinting the Fantastic Menagerie tarot

Raggydoll

I heard it through the grapevines... (= Facebook  ^-^) that Baba Studio is currently thinking about reworking and reprinting this deck in the near future. It’s not a done deal yet but they say that it’s looking like it will happen. Here’s to hoping  :thumbsup:

fire cat pickles

There’s more about it here: https://www.thetarotforum.com/deck-reviews/fantastic-menagerie-tarot-tarot-deck-review/msg75678/#msg75678

Though it’s in the FMT Review thread.

My hope is that this deck is being reprinted. Baba has said it would be “in a new version”, which would be nice for collectors so as not to detract from the value of the original. And it will be a nice addition to our collections.

There’s more about it here: https://www.thetarotforum.com/deck-reviews/fantastic-menagerie-tarot-tarot-deck-review/msg75678/#msg75678

Though it’s in the FMT Review thread.

My hope is that this deck is being reprinted. Baba has said it would be “in a new version”, which would be nice for collectors so as not to detract from the value of the original. And it will be a nice addition to our collections.

I’m glad you linked, I had not intended for the discussion to take off I’m the review thread. But I’m glad it did, it just shows how many of us care about baba Studio and this deck. I’ll keep adding updates if I hear anything more, and I encourage the rest of you to do the same  :love:

Oh joy! <3 :thumbsup: i so hope that they do re-print the FM! i no longer have one, and have been contemplating trying to find one!  i am also hoping that if they do indeed print it, that they use the same fabulous colorful metallic effects used on Alice, and the 3rd edition Prague and VR! That would be a dream come true! :party:

That is great news for Tarot lovers, indeed. Every single one of their decks is a work of art.

Alas, they have gone well beyond my price point. I have been able to resist the Alice, the new Prague and the recent 3rd edition of the Victorian Romantic (so far) but did end up getting the Mythical Creatures.

E.T.A. I just saw on the other thread that they are planning a 4th edition of the Baroque Bohemian Cats. Time to start saving my pennies...

Oh joy! <3 :thumbsup: i so hope that they do re-print the FM! i no longer have one, and have been contemplating trying to find one!  i am also hoping that if they do indeed print it, that they use the same fabulous colorful metallic effects used on Alice, and the 3rd edition Prague and VR! That would be a dream come true! :party:

If they did I would so have to get it!  The metallic effects used on the Alice deck make me swoon every time I read with it.

f they did I would so have to get it!  The metallic effects used on the Alice deck make me swoon every time I read with it.

That is soooo true, Jewel! :thumbsup: No one [to my knowledge] has ever done these special effects before. Leave it to Baba to come up with something so unique! Jewel, do you have the 3rd ed of Prague and the VR? Oh my gosh, the effects are breath taking!!! i love looking at them [especially] in the Sun! :love:

And to Flizzy X/:

i am drooling on my keyboard dreaming about a 4th ed of BBCats with the cold pressed color metallic effects! Swoon!

f they did I would so have to get it!  The metallic effects used on the Alice deck make me swoon every time I read with it.

That is soooo true, Jewel! :thumbsup: No one [to my knowledge] has ever done these special effects before. Leave it to Baba to come up with something so unique! Jewel, do you have the 3rd ed of Prague and the VR? Oh my gosh, the effects are breath taking!!! i love looking at them [especially] in the Sun! :love:

No I do not have those, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the 3rd edition VR, I use the Gold edition (only version I have and adore it), but I would really love to get the 3rd Edition.  Hopefully some day I will get an opportunity to get it, maybe in a trade or something.  That is how I got The Alice  :biggrin:

MysticMoonlight

I, too, hope that the reprint for Fantastic Menagerie is all-systems-go!

I love my VR and my Bohemian Gothic so I'd love to add FM to my Baba family! I'm going to start saving now! :)

Baba is just such an excellent and quality producing company. I love their work so much!

I, too, hope that the reprint for Fantastic Menagerie is all-systems-go!

I love my VR and my Bohemian Gothic so I'd love to add FM to my Baba family! I'm going to start saving now! :)

Baba is just such an excellent and quality producing company. I love their work so much!

i hope you will be able to add all the Baba decks you long for!  <3 They are addictive! i have been a Baba collector Enthusiast for about  12 years! The first time i held one of their gorgeous first class quality decks in my happy hands--i was HOOKED! And i have never looked back, since. At one time i had all the editions available, but times got a little thin for awhile, and so i needed to sell a few of them.

But, happily i have gradually been able to replace the ones i missed over the last couple of years. Plus new editions added.  :love:

MysticMoonlight

Thank you, MoonGypsy! I totally agree with you. Baba's decks are such a wonderful experience altogether. They really do spoil you!

I'm somewhat a late-comer to the Baba decks and hope to eventually get them all, if possible. I don't think one could ever go wrong with any of their decks that I'm aware of.

I do hope that we all get to celebrate and enjoy the new release of FM soon!  :party:

...I don't think one could ever go wrong with any of their decks that I'm aware of.

I do hope that we all get to celebrate and enjoy the new release of FM soon!  :party:

The only thing that has ever gone wrong for me regarding Baba Decks-- is in the Pocket Book! :P ;D

And yep, let us all join in for a huge SQUEEEEEEEEE--when they announce the FM definitely is being re-printed! And i am sure it will be xtra Special! Gotta have those metallic effects!

I think you are thinking of Mythical Creatures. Fantastic Menagerie IS coloured.

You’re so right! That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the correction.

i hope you will be able to add all the Baba decks you long for!  <3 They are addictive! i have been a Baba collector Enthusiast for about  12 years! The first time i held one of their gorgeous first class quality decks in my happy hands--i was HOOKED! And i have never looked back, since.

I could not agree more!  I passed on The Tarot of Prague initially and started with the Baroque Bohemian Cats (BBC).  After having the BBC (first, gold, and 2nd editions), and I bought all the rest as they were released and eventually got the opportunity to get a 1st edition Tarot of Prague (ToP).  Then I went on a long Tarot sabbatical and missed out on The Alice, but was so fortunate to get it in trade here on this forum.  I am not into black & white decks, and I read with all my Baba decks (except ToP as of yet), I was delighted to hear they were doing a color edition of it and I plan on getting it.  Other than BBC and Bohemian Gothic (1st edition and Silver), I only have one edition of each of the others and I am happy with that, though I must confess I would love to get my hands on the new VR with the colored inks.  But yeah, Baba decks rule in my world and I wish everyone who wants one could get the pleasure of owning them because they read so well and are such good quality.

So I realize this is an amazing bit of thread necromancy here but, honestly: a) finding this post on Google was how I found this forum and b) the discussion linked above takes me to a post that doesn't exist!

Does anyone know if this is true? Has any word been heard about it? Their website seems to that they WON'T be reprinting it on the deck itself and the kit says it's "unlikely."

2 hours ago, Aria said:

So I realize this is an amazing bit of thread necromancy here but, honestly: a) finding this post on Google was how I found this forum and b) the discussion linked above takes me to a post that doesn't exist!

Does anyone know if this is true? Has any word been heard about it? Their website seems to that they WON'T be reprinting it on the deck itself and the kit says it's "unlikely."

The link is broken because the review got moved to the library. I am not sure where the comments on that thread went (but I will ask @Little Fang). That thread had screenshots of my own Facebook conversations with Kate Mahoney where she said that they were looking into a remake and that it was probably going to happen not too long in the future (unless something else came up). But they were not just reprinting the old deck, they were looking at improving the illustrations first. 

Ifi can find the old screenshots I will post them here. 

1 hour ago, Raggydoll said:

The link is broken because the review got moved to the library. I am not sure where the comments on that thread went (but I will ask @Little Fang). That thread had screenshots of my own Facebook conversations with Kate Mahoney where she said that they were looking into a remake and that it was probably going to happen not too long in the future (unless something else came up). But they were not just reprinting the old deck, they were looking at improving the illustrations first. 

Ifi can find the old screenshots I will post them here. 

...It's a good thing that I was eating when I saw this, because otherwise the ear-piercing noise I made around a mouthful of rice and beans would've left my dog and my husband both deaf.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

On 2/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, reall said:

Yey! Wonder will it be fancy Metallic print edt?;D

If it happens, yes, I'm sure it will be.
The cold stamping is not only lovely, I hear it helps deter pirate copies as it doesn't scan well.
I hope it happens, as my original has appreciated in value so much that I no longer keep it in heavy rotation the way I used to. I miss keeping it out on the table, it has a wicked, wicked sense of humor. That's all too rare in Tarot, which often tends toward reverence and taking itself entirely too seriously.

I'm not holding my breath, though. Karen and Alex always have a multitude of things that they might do. I'm ever hopeful for the Fortune Telling Cards, and the silk velvet berets. (I'm a dedicated beret woman. You can evoke various decades by just the way you position one on your head!) Hopefully all these things happen eventually. But whatever happens will be fine. I never met a Baba item I didn't love.

43 minutes ago, katrinka said:

If it happens, yes, I'm sure it will be.
The cold stamping is not only lovely, I hear it helps deter pirate copies as it doesn't scan well.
I hope it happens, as my original has appreciated in value so much that I no longer keep it in heavy rotation the way I used to. I miss keeping it out on the table, it has a wicked, wicked sense of humor. That's all too rare in Tarot, which often tends toward reverence and taking itself entirely too seriously.

I'm not holding my breath, though. Karen and Alex always have a multitude of things that they might do. I'm ever hopeful for the Fortune Telling Cards, and the silk velvet berets. (I'm a dedicated beret woman. You can evoke various decades by just the way you position one on your head!) Hopefully all these things happen eventually. But whatever happens will be fine. I never met a Baba item I didn't love.

She did comment on the fortune telling cards as well, but you are probably right to not hold your breath very hard

1A2B0475-1A17-40C8-A9D4-913B9280C78D.thumb.jpeg.9f19e447cecba5e06c60aa605b2af0f8.jpeg