WHICH tarot deck do you use the...LEAST?

GreatDane

Right now, mine is probably the Aquarian.  Love the deck, but I have a few I gravitate to and, for some reason, it just isn't the Aquarian right now. 

Which of your decks tends to get stuck in the corner, at least right now? 

DownUnderNZer

The Psychic Tarot - I think it is absolutely the worst deck I ever bought. It does sit somewhere, but the corner would be too good for it!!!

If I could build a pile for it to be burned on like in the old days I probably would, as even giving it away seems like an insult, it really does.

DND  X/

The Psychic Tarot - I think it is absolutely the worst deck I ever bought. It does sit somewhere, but the corner would be too good for it!!!

If I could build a pile for it to be burned on like in the old days I probably would, as even giving it away seems like an insult, it really does.

DND  X/

I had a deck like that. It was one that I got when I bought a smaller collection of used decks. It wasn’t necessarily the aesthetics or the theme, but it was the fact that I felt it was a really problematic deck for ethical and political reasons. Several cards made me cringe and I never even consider trying to find it a new home. So I disposed of it, and it felt SO good. But other than that, most of my decks get some use. The ones I use the least would probably be my historical reproductions and my Thoth deck. It’s not that I don’t like them (if that were the case then I’d have sold them a long time ago) it’s just that they require a certain mood for me to want to take them out.

I have a couple decks that were in a gift basket I won several years ago, but I never really tried reading with those (there was other stuff in the basket, aka "wine," that had me put in raffle tickets in the first place  8) ). Of the decks that I thought I'd want to read with and don't, definitely my Visconti-Sforza, the one with the titles on the border. I literally just pulled it out this morning and flipped through it again, and it's still a big NOPE for me. I have no idea why. In fact, I have a copy of Mary Packard's Golden Tarot that I'm still afraid to open, because I'm worried I'll have the same reaction to it. 

Saturn Celeste

All my Thoth decks.  When I was learning to read tarot, I thought you could read the Thoth like RW so I tried.  After a little while when I found AT and now here, I realize I really should not have done that.  After looking at some of my Thoth books, it truly is almost an insult to even try!  I even found a photo of an old reading where I used the Thoth and I had a reversal.  I apologized immediately!  Everything else I own I can read with.

Thoth for me, too. I don't use it at all. I don't know if I even still have it somewhere. If I lost it along the way it's not a great loss for me.

The thing about Thoth is that it takes so much study of the huge amounts of stuff written around it. That's just too much to study and try to retain. I'm 73 years old and I choose my battles, I guess. I read with RWS and clones (right now the Everyday Enchantment) and the way I read is sparked by the art in a deck. It's rather hard to explain exactly how it works. But Thoth leaves me cold on that score.

Same here re the Thoth.

And I don't read often with the Major Arcana only decks, although I have a few very different majors only decks, from the Amber to the Giger, to the Star Maiden. I feel the lack of the other cards.

I rarely read with the round decks I have, and much as I love them, not so much with the Ironwing or Old Path nowadays.

Guest Night Shade

Mine is the Gendron Tarot.  It's a nice enough deck, but I just can't seem to connect with it.  I always mean to take it out and try to work with it, but I never seem to get around to it. 

thinkingmystic

The Dark Angels tarot. I bought it more than a decade ago when going through a questionably Goth phase. It's kinda cheesy. Very dramatic and brooding and photoshopped  :bugeyed:

Nordica De Spell

The ones that are useless reading with I’ve either gifted away or they sit in their boxes. Can’t really recommend the Royo I ching or the Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot, for example.

Then there are ones that I thought was one thing, and when they arrived they were something other to what I thought... In the case of the Lunatic Tarot, well to put it kindly it’s really not in any way for me and I never want to even try to read with it.

In general, I use the darker decks a lot less, and think twice before I acquire any of those. It’s just not a good fit with me. (Save for a few exceptions).

Then there’s the decks that I LOVE, and coveted so much, but because they’re oop and were expensive, I have a mental barrier to actually use and read with them. In the case of an old original RW, I even fear it will break. Not that it would, it’s just the box that is ruffled and worn, but still.

Then there are a few that I haven’t opened yet...

Actually, just writing this I feel I should scurry on over to my stash ASAP and begin to correct this whole situation  :party:

Out of the ones I actually use, probably the Deviant Moon and Bohemian Gothic. The BG used to be one of my most used though, and may well be again one day as it's not a fault with the deck, I'm just busy with other decks for the foreseeable future.

Hmmmmmmmm ....... too many to count  :thinking: I guess I will go with the Thoth, both versions I have.  It is a deck I want to study, so I have a large and a regular sized copy and all kinds of books, but I never make the time because I know it will be a huge investment of time and I am having fun with my deck of the month project.  The Thoth will take me a few years because there is so much else I will have delve into to get the most out of it.  But I will hang on to all my Thoth stuff ... some day I'll get to it  X-D

RWS deck.  It is pretty,  but it doesn't really work for me. I love all my Thoth decks, though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RWS - the worst tarot deck ever. Used it once and immediately after that, - threw it in the rubbish box.

Don't do that. There will always be someone who wants a deck - even a deck you dislike.

Hey would anyone like to check out my new modern designed deck :)

Serafina tarot deck on eBay

Please check them out and feel free to ask any questions :)

Serafina 🥰

Like a few others here l do not use the RWS, though sometimes l do have a look at it to see if it wants to talk.  But we just stare at each other with a total lack of communication  :rolleyes: 

Don't do that. There will always be someone who wants a deck - even a deck you dislike.

Why ?

I think that this deck has a very bad energy. Therefore, it is so popular.

I know very well the history of the occult tarot. And I know how much this is a "dark and dangerous zone." And unpleasant ...

Why ?

I know very well the history of the occult tarot. And I know how much this is a "dark and dangerous zone." And unpleasant ...

You think it has bad energy. Others - including me - disagree. Do you actually think it is popular because of having bad energy ?

Which decks are OK by you ?

You think it has bad energy. Others - including me - disagree.

Yes, I think so. I feel and understand how I feel. Therefore, I don't want to offer this deck to someone else.

You don't want to offer for others people, for example,.... bad food that you didn’t like and that makes you sick. Right ?

Do you actually think it is popular because of having bad energy ?

Not about everything, but, about esoteric "themes" - yes ! 100 %

Classic. And art contemporary based on classic.

Saturn Celeste

Hey would anyone like to check out my new modern designed deck :)

Serafina tarot deck on eBay

Please check them out and feel free to ask any questions :)

Serafina 🥰

Hi Serafina!  Welcome to the forum!  We do have some rules that are for new members to read over.

https://www.thetarotforum.com/index.php?page=rules

We have an area for promotions of our sites.  Please keep your promoting to that area.  Go ahead and list your site here:

https://www.thetarotforum.com/promote-yourself/

This may seem bad, but I hardly use my Universal Waite deck. It’s . . .fine. But if I want a “true” RWS deck, I go for the Centennial. The cards are smaller in my version (I prefer this) and I like the muted colors more and the slightly woodblock feel. Otherwise, I’d rather use RWS inspired decks but that are by different illustrators than Pixie herself. The Universal was my first one I ever bought as an adult, so I have a tie to it still. I just don’t really ever feel drawn to use it.

That said, I don’t have many decks, and I can’t really afford decks I don’t research and really like (or get very cheap). So, if I have it, I try to use it.

You think it has bad energy. Others - including me - disagree.

Yes, I think so. I feel and understand how I feel. Therefore, I don't want to offer this deck to someone else.

You don't want to offer for others people, for example,.... bad food that you didn’t like and that makes you sick. Right ?

Do you actually think it is popular because of having bad energy ?

Not about everything, but, about esoteric "themes" - yes ! 100 %

Classic. And art contemporary based on classic.

I would offer my friends food that I didn't like that they might like. And if they asked to eat food that I thought was going to make me sick - I'd give it to them; they might be OK with it, and if not - it was their choice..

I don't feel the Waite/Smith deck is "evil" in any way, and would gladly have taken it off your hands. There are others who would feel the same. So you are OK only with Marseille style decks ? Or perhaps Etteilla too ? Wirth ?

Why ?

As mentioned earlier l cannot personally work with the RWS. It does not appeal as not all decks appeal to all.

A lot of people do read with it and have learned how to read the cards by using this deck.

What makes you think it has bad energy? and what knowledge do you have that it is a dark and dangerous zone?

It is not popular because of this at all, its popular maybe because it is an easy learning tarot for some people.

There is another tarot that one could mention in this light because of the creator and his history, but that is for another topic.