Raggydoll

Raggydolls 30 days of working with the moon

Yes, I’m planning on doing this myself. My goal is to start on this next new moon (6th of March). It will be a bit of a challenge since I’ll most likely be away on holiday for the first few days. (Were going to my family home for a week). But I intend to bring some decks and give it a shot. We shall see how it goes!

I’m doing some planning and preparing for this ‘little’ project. I rummaged through my little stash of notebooks and found one that had precisely 30 pages. That will be perfect since I definitely want these readings to be as short and on-point as possible. It’s not practical for me to write a lengthy novel each day, especially not if I’m on holiday. I’m gonna prep this notebook so every page is marked and every spread is pre-written. Then I’ll just have to write down what decks I used plus my interpretations.

I’ve also started thinking about which decks I want to bring with me for that first week. I’m trying to decide which of my decks are best at keeping their messages short and sweet. I will probably use both tarot decks and oracles. The Pythia Botanica will very likely be included as it fits the criteria perfectly..

So where are the spreads??? I want to try this out too :biggrin: .... Never mind I found them  :rolleyes:  But yes, I want to see if I can do this.  Weekends will be hard, but I will do my best to keep up.

So where are the spreads??? I want to try this out too :biggrin: .... Never mind I found them  :rolleyes:  But yes, I want to see if I can do this.  Weekends will be hard, but I will do my best to keep up.

<3 Let me know if you want a thread here or if you prefer to do it in your own journal area  :)

Decisions, decisions... we are leaving tomorrow and now I need to decide on what decks to bring. I am thinking I will choose deck-combos: a tarot deck for insights and clarity and an oracle for advice and guidance. But I’ll want more than two decks to choose from as I’m away...

Here is my first pick: the Sasuraibito tarot + Plant ally cards

274677D7-7617-4401-9896-97A195E58EFC.jpg.7f856b479868dbd63a6edd35843e4c61.jpg

Ooh, and this combo really speaks to me! It’s the Mesquite tarot and the Pythia Botanica deck.

I wonder if I’ll settle for these four decks or if I’m gonna add a third combo. I pack fairly minimally so I have plenty of room for decks in my bag  ;D

7F7E3A1E-6657-4B25-8B66-963CC88B302A.jpg.b33e1b0cc78a2fd10867d05267e2962c.jpg

Ooh, and this combo really speaks to me! It’s the Mesquite tarot and the Pythia Botanica deck.

I wonder if I’ll settle for these four decks or if I’m gonna add a third combo. I pack fairly minimally so I have plenty of room for decks in my bag  ;D

Yes, you need another combo!

Yes, you need another combo!

Good, that settles it then. Off to find one more combo  ;D

Excellent!  I can't wait to see the readings with them!

:heartz: I was about to start wrapping each deck so I could put them safely in my bag when my husband showed up and suggested that I should pack them in a padded storage case instead. I told him that I definitely would have done so, if I only had a padded case to begin with. He then walked away and quickly returned with two cases that he had bought some years ago. It was the perfect solution! All the decks fitted nicely and there was room for pens and notebooks. My husband is such a treasure  <3

71A22C9D-84EB-45D8-9CAA-731F5C2739B4.jpg.14346f4c877319c49318ace1472b9ba4.jpg

I decided to do a three card oracle reading to see what I can expect from doing these 30 days. I drew the following cards: “Let go” (Plant Ally cards), “Reflect, Emit” (Pythia Botanica) and “Vision” (Earthbound oracle). I feel that these cards are telling me that I will have to let go of preconceived ideas and just immerse myself in the experience. Card number 2 and 3 both speak of drawing energy, inspiration and power from outside sources to fuel the inner process. “Reflect, Emit” refers to the power of a group (or a coven), where likeminded individuals can stimulate and support each other’s growth. I feel that this is very much the case here on this forum in general, and in the lunar group in particular. With “Vision” we are being showed a blindfolded owl that draws upon the energies of an amethyst to gain inner sight. I believe that this process of working closely with the moon will be aided and charged by other people as well as by external energies (such as the moon itself). This reading is making me even more excited and eager for these 30 days to begin!

D0630DE6-9D47-41BA-8EBF-5B5A03D0649C.jpg.fe2422d6c3c7521938c13fa7f6fe74b1.jpg

I believe that this process of working closely with the moon will be aided and charged by other people as well as by external energies (such as the moon itself). This reading is making me even more excited and eager for these 30 days to begin!

I am excited for the group also!  I was always so bored with having an amethyst for a birthstone.  My mom a Libra had opal and I loved her stone but now in my line of interest, I'm really happy to have amethyst in my life again.  I was really drawn to the vision card!  Lovely little reading to brighten you day and ours!  ((

I believe that this process of working closely with the moon will be aided and charged by other people as well as by external energies (such as the moon itself). This reading is making me even more excited and eager for these 30 days to begin!

I am excited for the group also!  I was always so bored with having an amethyst for a birthstone.  My mom a Libra had opal and I loved her stone but now in my line of interest, I'm really happy to have amethyst in my life again.  I was really drawn to the vision card!  Lovely little reading to brighten you day and ours!  ((

<3 Amethyst is an often overlooked crystal I feel, but it’s definitely seen as a classic stone for a reason. My birth stone is moon stone and I’ve always been drawn to it. I was gifted a moon stone pendant as a child and I still have it in my collection. I’m glad you liked this little reading! The Vision card is nice, like most cards from this deck. It’s quite an unusual type of deck. It is very intuitive but I have found that it works best for certain type of readings so it’s not as versatile as some of my other oracle decks. But still, well worth it’s place in my collection!

Day 1 - New Moon

Theme: Planning & Planting (Intention setting)

1. The preparations required for me to make room for the new (= the thing I want to manifest) 0. The Fool

2. What I must do or prioritize for this seed to take root V. Tradition

3. What I may need to forsake or put on the back burner to get the results I want Five of Disks

Deck used: Tarot of the Crone

1. I need to allow myself to become the tiny star in the endless Void; the mere spark of awareness. I must cultivate the prepared, yet empty 'beginners mind'. This card also refers back to my previous reading, where I was shown the card "Let go" as what I can expect of this process. The Fool is very much at the verge of letting go, so I feel that this theme is a really important one to me right now. I am also more drawn to meditation and the state of having a blank inner canvas that allows pure potential to come forth and materialize.

2. I will be honoring my roots; those that came before me and that which has survived time; or that which transcends time. I will pay respect to all the layers of me. To communicate and seek guidance from my ancestors. Ask them to continue to envelop me; to provide me with shape and identity. This card represents the 'Door of time', so its not a passive process. By looking back, I can simultaneously look forward and step into the gateway of time.

3. I may need to forsake some of the physical efforts; the labor of maintaining every aspect of mundane life. I need to prioritize. Not think that I am the only one that can get the work done. The thought of this intimidates me to no end! I am very much a 'doer'. I seldom procrastinate. I get my hands dirty all the time. And I sometimes wear myself out by doing so. 

7109ACA9-DA49-4899-B40B-EF9A34990F7C.jpg.ec8bf58035603d068109d7bfbc059c86.jpg

Beautifully read, beautiful photo, Raggydoll.  <3  Each card really fits what you are facing right now.

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path that I am heading on

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely)

3. Advice when moving forward

Decks used: Sasuraibito tarot + Pythia Botanica

So these cards did not feel super cheery, but I do get where they are coming from. Justice is telling me that I am at a point where I am evaluating things; weighing pros and cons and seeing things for what they really are. It’s a path of facing raw truths and making authentic choices.

10 of swords from this particular deck has a very specific vibe. It’s clear to me that those swords are not physical objects but they represent thoughts and feelings. And this card is telling me that I can choose to sit with the hurt and let uncomfortable or even painful emotions permeate me. These swords will not hurt me unless I decide to infuse them with power to do so.

Reflect, Emit is the card I got in my very first reading (on what to expect from these 30 days). I feel that it is once again reinforcing the importance of my lunar friends and this community. You all mean so much to me and you provide me with more strength and nourishment then you know. So the advice here is to both acknowledge this but also to not hesitate to fully enjoy the privilege of having such a wonderful net of friends and kindred spirits around me.

E5730CC6-3010-4E21-98A8-9AFAECC23D3A.jpg.9ce5602597f4c4ec9da6925147e28a53.jpg

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path that I am heading on

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely)

3. Advice when moving forward

Decks used: Sasuraibito tarot + Pythia Botanica

So these cards did not feel super cheery, but I do get where they are coming from. Justice is telling me that I am at a point where I am evaluating things; weighing pros and cons and seeing things for what they really are. It’s a path of facing raw truths and making authentic choices.

10 of swords from this particular deck has a very specific vibe. It’s clear to me that those swords are not physical objects but they represent thoughts and feelings. And this card is telling me that I can choose to sit with the hurt and let uncomfortable or even painful emotions permeate me. These swords will not hurt me unless I decide to infuse them with power to do so.

Reflect, Emit is the card I got in my very first reading (on what to expect from these 30 days). I feel that it is once again reinforcing the importance of my lunar friends and this community. You all mean so much to me and you provide me with more strength and nourishment then you know. So the advice here is to both acknowledge this but also to not hesitate to fully enjoy the privilege of having such a wonderful net of friends and kindred spirits around me.

Wow Raggydoll[/member], if I saw that sword drawn like that for Justice combined with 10 swords I'd have to take a deep breath, but I love your interpretation. That last card really stood out for me, because it's pointing UP, whereas the preceding swords are pointing down. Beth root, as I understand, is something used to stop blood flow. And also an aphrodisiac in some cultures, right?

DAY 3 – WAXING CRESCENT

Themes: Motives & Motivation

1. A key to motivate myself (and to keep me motivated) Balance

2. The attitude I will benefit from Luck

3. Where I could do with some tweaking (areas for improvement) Transformation

Deck used: Earthbound oracle

1. If I'm not in balance then I will run out of steam pretty fast. There needs to be some structure and predictability, but also flexibility. I love that there is an acorn and a spiderweb in the center of this image. Both of those symbols carry great significance for me. I have to feel like if what I'm doing or choosing is somehow part of the great plan and that I am co-creating in the part of the Web that I am allowed access to. The acorn represents the pure (and great) potential that must be acknowledged and nourished. The wings and the feathers represent freedom, flexibility and breathing room. Those are crucial components for me to be motivated and stay motivated.

2. I will benefit from understanding that "luck" is a thing that I can affect and generate by working with the great web. I must be fully aligned in my intentions for this to be possible. Prosperity flows when there is a higher perspective. Also, understanding the true nature of 'being lucky' is the key to it all.

3. I need to see that transformation is always occurring, in many places and in many ways all at once. I can be in different stages simultaneously. I am the teacher and the student and everything in between. The same goes for everyone else. 

3797717E-D4A2-43EA-83DD-F1A26E32C50C.jpg.bb8f00c5ac979ea66484abe94a72c31d.jpg

DAY 4 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Competition & Comparison

1. Areas where I tend to compare myself to others and to put myself down. Resonance/Wild pansy

2. Something that I may perceive as a weakness or a flaw that in truth can be one of my greatest assets or blessings. Endurance/Black bryony

3. How I inspire and motivate others (perhaps unknowingly). Being yourself/Blue flag

Deck used: Plant Ally Cards

1. Wild pansy was actually my favorite flower as I was growing up. It represented magic and the realm of fairytales for me. I was the kind of child that loved stories about princesses, knights, dragons and so on. And I secretly wished that I was more like one of those fairytale princesses, not only aesthetically but personality wise. I was so uncomfortable in dresses and whenever I tried to grow my hair long it always got tangled and messy. I was more like a wild spirit that would probably not have done well living confined in a castle. And as a grown woman I think that this flower represents an archetype that I have had difficulty connecting with. I often find myself thinking that I should be more empress-like in my ways, especially towards friends and family. Its not that I am not loving and caring (because I believe that I really am those things), its just that I am also very practical and rational in the way I approach things. So when someone has a problem I am much more likely to try and come up with a solution then to 'just' let the person ventilate. I am a good listener, don't get me wrong, but I always feel like I should do something  , at least try to make things better. And I apply logic to my advice which perhaps isn't always what others need or expect. I'm not sure, but this card really makes me think. It brings up a lot of things. But its nothing uncomfortable, I'm fine with mulling over this. So I will think about it some more later. But I can say that I am quite different as a grown woman from when I was a child. I now wear dresses every day (because I want to - I really hate pants!) and I like to fix my hair. But you still wouldn't catch me getting my nails done (I want them short and practical) and I am not afraid to get my hands dirty. I'm a good mix, perhaps? And I am not always giving myself credit for being balanced in that way.

2. This is an interesting card. It talks about needing invigorating energy to complete tasks. Yes, that is very much the case for me. I need things to feel inspiring, fresh and interesting. I really don't like too much repetition. And I sometimes struggle to finish things if they no longer appeal to me. I can also find myself starting too many projects at once, and I used to feel like a failure if I didn't finish what I started. Nowadays I am not as critical about this. I believe that life is short and I always try to live it to the fullest. Its like a big banquet and I am sampling whatever appeals to me but I am not eating things out of obligations or guilt. Its OK to keep moving and not stay with projects that has lost their luster. That is how I have been able to find out which things in my life that I am genuinely interested in and feel nourished by. Tarot and cartomancy has been a part of my life for 22 years now, so that says a lot I think.

3. There is a quote that goes with this card that I really like: "Be yourself no matter what colors of the rainbow you display. It is okay to be multifaceted and flowing between the elixir of light and dark". That pretty much sums up my life philosophy. I feel like I have gotten to a place where I embrace the complexity and multitudes of my personality and by doing so I can also inspire others.

IMG_7114.jpg.6d730abc22ffc0f23c93d7721cb5ed0b.jpg

DAY 5 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Commitments & Responsibilities

1. My experiences regarding commitments and expectations of others. 5 of Pentacles

2. Potential blocks and challenges I have around traditions and responsibilities (internal or external). 9 of Wands

3. Advice on finding the approach that would work best for me. 6 of Wands

Deck used: The Crow Tarot

1. Sometimes I choose to opt out of groups and group gatherings because I feel like it can weigh me down. I know that there are perks of sticking to a group, such as support and a sense of security and belonging. But I tend to gravitate toward others that feel the same way as I do, especially around holidays. Many of my friends are solitary and eclectic in their ways. They too feel torn by expectations from the extended family. Sometimes having a simplistic lifestyle gives more breathing room then having to accommodate to other peoples wants and needs.

2. When I am with the extended family I feel that a lot of responsibility and work falls on my shoulders, and that is not something I am always up for. Sometimes I need to preserve my energy for those that are closest to me. The work I do for my family (my husband and my children) feels completely different, as it greatly benefits us all (plus I am not the only one doing the work in our home). And I can see how far we have come, we are almost at the 'sweet spot' in our household. Our home is really peaceful and our relationships are very nourishing.

3. I would benefit from seeing how I can feel and be more successful from the responsibilities I take on and from the way I take care of others. I can let their support build me up as an individual, in ways that are meaningful to me. But I must admit that this card feel like it is unbalanced, as one crow seem to be allowed success by the cost of others. And that is not what I want. I strive for a win-win situation where everyone gets their time to shine and evolve. So maybe everyone can take turns in climbing into the spot light and wearing that wreath for a moment? That would be the ideal scenario for me. 

IMG_7130.jpg.e10d30e28e16d5b143c58dfa5cac58a7.jpg

Those are both really beautiful readings, Raggydoll[/member]. I especially loved the intuitive way you interpreted the "resonance" card yesterday Pulling that "Being Yourself" card seemed really perfect for you. And can I just take a moment to admire your crystal pairings with your lovely deck choices?

Those are both really beautiful readings, Raggydoll[/member]. I especially loved the intuitive way you interpreted the "resonance" card yesterday Pulling that "Being Yourself" card seemed really perfect for you. And can I just take a moment to admire your crystal pairings with your lovely deck choices?

Thank you! <3 I’m glad you appreciated my crystal pairings, they sparked joy for me too  ^-^

DAY 6 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Exploration & Adventure

1. Something that I secretly yearn to experience or explore. Sea sponge/Emotional overload

2. Who or what has held me back in the past. Mangroves/Innovation

3. What can help me to take the plunge; to chase after my dreams or fulfill my potential. Penguin/Trust 

Deck used: Saltwater Reading Cards

1. This first card is the perfect example of how written keywords can actually make a reading unnecessarily complicated. It is so easy to look at the keyword and feel completely stuck as to how it applies in the specific circumstances. (And I will admit, that was exactly what happened to me when I first laid out this card!). If I were to interpret this as straightforward as possible then this position would mean that I secretly yearn for emotional overload. A bit funny actually  ;D. But this card is really titled Sea sponge and the theme is emotional overload (you can't see the full title as I trimmed this deck to fit my hands). And from previous experience with this card I know that it talks about ways of dealing with emotions that overflow you - especially if you are an empat (like I am). I often get this card in various positions and it almost always refer to my strive of being more like the sea sponge in how I deal with overwhelming feelings and energies that do not necessarily belong to me. The guidebook has a very lovely explanation that I will quote: "Many people are empathetic, meaning they are very sensitive to their own or other's emotions, but they can also become overloaded with these emotions, which manifest as a feeling of heaviness or deep sadness that cannot be explained" (For me it can also manifest as a general sense of nervousness; of being uneasy or anxious). The guidebook also tells us that "Sea sponges are able to hold a lot of water but they move it through their bodies quite quickly, letting go of waste and only keeping what they need for their own wellbeing. Sea sponges teach us how important it is to not hold onto emotions, to try not to become overloaded with feelings and emotions of ourselves and others. It may be important at this time to explore your own emotions more deeply. Allow yourself full expression - laugh, cry and feel anger or sadness. Allow yourself to feel but do not linger in the emotions of others". This is exactly how I want to deal with my empathetic abilities. I yearn to be able to fully feel - without fear - and to then simply let go of what does not serve me or does not belong to me. I feel that this card also reference back to the reading I did on day 2, where Justice and 10 of swords told me to face things head on, and to sit with the uncomfortable feelings for a while. This reading reinforces this but also emphasizes the importance of not sitting with these feelings forever, but to acknowledge them and then let them pass through me.

2. Innovation is the theme that describes what has held me back in the past. It is interesting, because Mangroves are trees that has learnt to survive and thrive in an environment where few other plants can survive. They have unique coping skills and they not only breathe through their leaves, they also excrete the excess salt that is forced upon them because they live so close to the ocean. So in a way these trees are similar to sea sponges in that they do not hold onto what is harmful for them. And they have had to be really inventive and unique in how they go about doing this, because plants don't normally excrete salt through their leaves. Mangroves are strong and resilient, they keep trying until they find a way. But this card actually represents what has held me back in the past, so there are clearly more layers to this. I would say that there are two sides to innovation and resilience. Sometimes I am way too inventive and distract myself (consciously or unconsciously) with new and shiny projects or with mundane tasks that could have been left for another day. This is when I am uncomfortable doing something that I know could benefit me on a spiritual or emotional level. I basically never procrastinate when it comes to the every day stuff; like chores and responsibilities. But when it comes to my spiritual practice or the inner work that I am feeling drawn to... then I actually have a tendency to leave it for another time (and start vacuuming the floors instead  ::)). Also, I feel that resilience can sometimes manifest as stubbornness or complacency for me. I do what is easiest and most comfortable. I like to think (and say) that I keep things simple, but sometimes it is also nice to go all the way and make things elaborate and beautifully complex... As above - so below. As within - so without.

3. So this card seems fairly straight forward. I need to trust in myself and my abilities to be able to take the plunge and work on how to best deal with life as an empat. Yup, that resonates, but it is a bit vague to be honest. There is obviously more layers to this too, and that is why I will yet again quote this guidebook (that, and because it is such a lovely guidebook!!): "Penguins are family oriented and often stay in groups. Both parents take turns looking for food and remaining with the chicks. There are many times during their lifetime when penguins will need to trust their partner, parents and extended family to provide for them. We will need to trust those around us to do the right thing. Being vulnerable is something we will all feel at some stage... It is about having people who love you and want to help you and support you in the choices you make.. The penguin is here today to ask you to look for a friend at this time that you can confide in. Someone you can trust." Yes. There we have it. Again, with the message of community; of being supported by like minded people and letting others build you up. And I have had so many readings regarding trust. It is a big thing for me. I do not like feeling vulnerable and so I often end up in a position where I listen to other peoples problems (willingly! I like to listen and help if I can) but I never really find myself opening up or sharing what goes on inside of me. This has improved a lot though. And I have come to the conclusion that it is OK to be selective and have some friends that are more social acquaintances, while I have a small number of people that I share and show glimpses of my soul with. It is a beautiful thing, and my selection of really close friends has grown bigger this past year. And it feels really good! It is such a comfort knowing that there are so many incredible people in this world. It is heartwarming, reassuring and empowering.

(Gosh, it must have been that big chunk of rose quartz that helped me to open up like this  :)))

IMG_7160.jpg.de7335b004eac0eff54b3746e7951bd4.jpg