QnAsp

Not rely solely on Tarot

Is there a way to learn how to not solely rely on tarot for the sense of the situation, and use tarot to confirm one's own intuition. How does one go about developing this  more

I start most of my readings with an intuitive session. (You can take a look in my little corner - the link is in my signature - to get a sense of what I mean. I have several

of my readings posted there). I basically sit with my eyes closed and a pen and paper in my hands. I have a special candle I light and then I do a technique that I’ve developed myself where I connect with the person I’m reading and then induce a stage where I can receive visions and psychic information. I write everything down as I’m experiencing it, mostly with my eyes shut (it’s a bit like automatic writing). After the intuitive session I usually do a regular card reading to further explore the information that came up but sometimes I only do the intuitive/psychic bit. It depends what the goal is. I have found that the best way to develop or strengthen your gifts are to trust whatever information you receive and say it out loud (and/or or write it down). Do not doubt it. If you apply too much of your rational/logical mind to it then you will effectively drown out the psychic voice. You could also do exercises that activate and stimulate the third eye. My favorite is a very simple one that starts with you gently touching your third eye area and then imagining the third eye blinking several times until you have a clear inner vision. I learned that technique in one of Avalon Cameron’s guided meditations on Patreon.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking, but the way I think you meant it is what I'll post on.

Do you mean how does a reader jump off the trampoline of "book" meanings into knowing what the cards are saying in combinations and put it all together for a reading? If that's what you mean, bravery comes into play. You have to suck it up and be willing to be told they're wrong, basically. Just look at the cards, see the relationship of the cards to each other for additional insight beyond traditional meanings, and then open your mouth and start reading what you see. It was very hard for me to do that at first, but over the years it's come to be just part of the cartomantic world I practice in. 

Pick a different medium such as drawing or painting; cristal or tea leaves. Stars, even the tone of paint on your wall. I used to pour coffee on a paper and then ask question. The image would come forward. After just look up the meaning on google/dream dictionary. It will give you practice some entertainment instead of tv.

Is there a way to learn how to not solely rely on tarot for the sense of the situation, and use tarot to confirm one's own intuition. How does one go about developing this  more

Hi! I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but I am a skeptic who doesn't believe the cards are tapping into a higher wisdom, who tries to read tarot solely for getting in touch with intuition, and here are some of the tricks I use to keep from falling into the trap of thinking that the cards are "saying" something to me:

- I never reverse cards, because refusing to read significance into reversals helps emphasize that all the information about this card is coming from my own head.

- I always try to frame every card in terms of its traditional archetype. Each card represents a fictional or real-life trope that's been developed by artists over centuries, and so when I read it, I try to think about all the ways people  have assigned meaning to whatever particular card I'm working with.

- instead of articulating "this card means" or "this card is telling you|me," I always try to use language like, "This card has traditionally meant," and "This card is reminding you|me."  That might not seem significant, but it's actually been really helpful in directing my thinking towards, again, the idea that all the meaning I'm reading into the card is coming from me, or from real live humans before me who've gained a consensus about what a card means.

- if the card isn't using traditional Rider-Waite imagery, and for that matter often when it is, I try to make up a totally new story about what's happening in it, just to see if I can. If I've drawn more than one card sometimes it's nice to try to tell a new story about both of the cards put together. That helps remind me that there is no "right" story, because again, I'm making all of this up in my head.

As a side note, I have basically come to describe reading Lenormand cards in this manner as "playing Scrabble, but with word tiles instead of letter tiles," because that's literally what it is, haha. This is helpful re: Tarot, too. That is, when in doubt, try thinking of "playing" the tarot, purely as a game — one you "win" by working out a message from the cards that makes sense to you. If the cards don't make sense or seem to have any resonance, then it doesn't mean anything than: you just got a bad shuffle. Re-shuffle, and try again, until you win the game!

Is any of this helpful? Good luck! :)

I think what you seem to be asking is simply how to develop intuition and have it guide your reading, yes?

This is taking me back a bit, time-wise, but here are a few suggestions, by no means prescriptive.

Meditative states are great for "allowing" in information and developing this side of self. When I go into channeled state--no, I don't live in it--I physically sit, create a space for receiving, and ASK for that information to come in. So whatever you can do to induce this via chanting, yoga, concentration, intention, this is good. (Mostly, and personally, I just sit still and ask, but I've probably primed myself from years of meditation.) It might feel awkward at first, but over time you can sink into it easier and at will (or as I say, With the blending of energies who wish to help aid in this process).

When I was younger, I used to ask, before I went to bed, to receive information that way. Mostly then I was scared to receive it in waking life, but you know that request worked for me. So keep a journal by your bed if you do this.

Back then I also used to "nudge" my tarot deck, in that I'd say, "When I see this card, it means this..." This was after working with a specific deck for a while, understanding energies. So when someone would pull that and I got it "right" (LOL!) it reinforced my intuition. :) That, of course, grew over the years and as I came to appreciate how organic a Celtic Cross (which for some reason I've always read) could be, but you can figure that out for yourself, as you go along.

If you start doing small things like this, you are opening up intuitive self, and that can then aid when you're reading cards. Maybe another way to practice--which I haven't done, but it might be fun to try--is to ask for that intuition to come through BEFORE a reading, then write down what you "heard" or saw or smelled even, and then do the reading, wait for feedback, and see what gelled with your received information.

All I got! Good luck.

Sandy

Tarot is just a tool for accessing our intuition in an easier way with interpreting symbols on card for the message. There is an unlimited number of ways to access your intuition, most are either divination or creatively. Just add other ways that work for you, try them all out, experiment :)

Apart from some really amazing skilled people, it's quite hard to concentrate and get a message from your intuition or a channelled message. The people who do have really worked at it, to get a concentrated message from it, using another medium to access your intuition just makes it easier

The cards don't tap into anything. It's the reader who does.

So QnAsp, I've read your question several times, and it's been difficult for me to figure out exactly what you've asked but I think I have the idea now.

You're asking if, instead of using the cues Tarot provides, to get information, whether by intuition alone you can access the answers/wisdom first and then use the cards to validate what you've gotten from your own intuition. Am I right?

If I'm right, I guess you want to know if you can validate what you feel intuition has given you by doing a spread with the cards to see if you get the same info from the cards as you got from intuition?

You can do whatever you want to with this. Anything is possible. If you want to rely on your intuition alone and then just use your cards for something like quality control or validation of what your intuition has given you, you can certainly try to do that. Maybe it would be good to start a journal here and keep track of what you find.

Tarot is just a tool for accessing our intuition in an easier way

:thumbsup:

For me, intuition has been built in a couple of ways.  1) Meditation.  I really think of this as more of a process of reduction than addition...meaning, the intuition is there and always has been.  I have layered "junk" of life over it.  So peeling back the layers of stress/doubt/worry - basically fear/scarcity - helps me tremendously.

2) I'd say the more you listen to those small whispers of intuition, the more they come. 

I've been going through quite a bit of transition in my life for the last two years (with a long lead-in to that time period) and as I began to meditate (and hike for grounding etc) the amount of intuitive knowledge I had sky-rocketed.  In retrospect, it was always there.  I was just trying to use logic to step over it or around it.  I don't know if that makes sense but I think as it happens to you, it will.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.