Raggydoll

Day Soleil’s 30 days of working with the moon

Deck used: The Good Tarot

DAY 1 – NEW MOON

Theme: Planning & Planting (Intention setting)

1. The preparations required for me to make room for the new (= the thing I want to manifest). EMPRESS - fertility of ideas, creation, warmth, nurturing, ready, accepting

2. What I must do or prioritize for this seed to take root. QUEEN OF FIRE - creative magic, passion, confidence

3. What I may need to forsake or put on the back burner to get the results I want. MAGICIAN - power, specifically mental power, construction of new things

I found it interesting to draw three people, all of them gazing directly at me and holding something in both hands in front of them.

The Empress clutches stalks of wheat. She reminds me very much of my crafts and my art (I drew an eerily similar portrait back in the 1980's). In terms of preparing me, I hear her say, "Nurture your past creations."

Queen Wands holds a candle below her heart chakra indicating passion, love, something close to my heart. Her expression is confident and daring. She's also very elegant and groomed (something I have NOT been feeling since moving to the ranch last spring. I haven't had a hair cut in a year!). The priority for me could be to sink into my passions, or perhaps open up to love by maybe tending to my physical appearance. Either way: "Stop hiding and trying to play it safe. You've got this. Be daring."

The Magician had me puzzled in terms of what to put on the back burner, but I think it has to do with NEW creations. I have So. Many. Projects! Way too many new projects I've started already this year: a novel, a memoir, art, tarot cards, astrology, refurbishing furniture, farmhouse renovation, more stray barn cats finding my place... The Magician is holding a spinning ball of light with a tiny fairy sitting on top as if spent. "You need a little breather from this whirlwind of creation."

In combination, since I live alone they are not other people in my life, I really think this is a message to resist the urge to start yet another new project in March. Nurture and get really daring and creative with one of my existing projects.

Now, if only I knew which one...

2019MarNewMoon.jpg.e411a3b2e87a1e54df4325e68e622728.jpg

What a beautiful set up in that picture! I love your take in the Magician, it really resonates with me and it’s an interesting aspect of that archetype. And I really like the message of the Empress to nurture your past creations  :heartz:

Thanks Raggydoll[/member]. I'm still a little uncertain on that Magician. The look on his face is so stern. He could also be warning me to stop trying to predict how my daring creations-from-the-past will turn out.

Thanks Raggydoll[/member]. I'm still a little uncertain on that Magician. The look on his face is so stern. He could also be warning me to stop trying to predict how my daring creations-from-the-past will turn out.

Yeah, he certainly has a sharp look in his face as if he is trying to convey something important. It is possible that he’s cautioning you and saying that it’s a matter of having the right timing and focus for you to get the results you want. It could also be that you will have to surrender the sense of controlling (or trying to control) the situation. You may have to have faith and trust in that something bigger is at play and that you will not be the one directing the chain of events. Just a thought!

Beautiful deck Day Soleil[/member]  <3 Interesting reading, I had 3 ppl cards day for day 1. And I know what you mean with the way too many projects and then find out which one to choose.... Guess just listen to your heart?

It could also be that you will have to surrender the sense of controlling (or trying to control) the situation. You may have to have faith and trust in that something bigger is at play and that you will not be the one directing the chain of events. Just a thought!

Raggydoll[/member], thank you for sharing; it does strike a chord with me. I actually wrote down "control" when I first turned over the card, but then I thought, "No, control would have been the Emperor." Maybe I overthought it. After all, that ball spinning in his hands IS under the Magician's control. But since this spread was all about planning and intention, it makes sense to me that I might have to give up my constant need to feel like I'm always in control of things.

Beautiful deck Day Soleil[/member]  <3 Interesting reading, I had 3 ppl cards day for day 1. And I know what you mean with the way too many projects and then find out which one to choose.... Guess just listen to your heart?

joy[/member] Yes, that makes sense, especially with the Queen holding her candle under her heart chakra.

How interesting you pulled three people cards too! I will take a look. I wasn't sure what the protocol was here, if it's okay to look at and comment on other people's posts or not. Personally, I LOVE the interaction when anyone comments on my posts. I hate feeling like I'm posting into a void.

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT: 7 March 2019

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path I’m headed on: 6 Rods: victory, success. Sounds good! If only it weren’t so… obnoxious in this illustration. In Anna K., success comes with a warning. It can be isolating. It can leave you feeling exposed/vulnerable. It can cause considerable distress after you step down from the podium. I mean, he’s half-naked up on that stage, pumping his fists, and doesn’t seem to notice he’s treading on thorny rose stems. He’s gonna have to clean blood from his living room rug when he gets home. Much as I dislike focusing on a negative where there’s such positivity in this card, I can’t help but feel queasy whenever I see this one (and Anna K has been giving it to me a lot this year). Maybe I’m uneasy because I’m such an introvert and dislike being in any kind of spotlight. Yet I crave it in equal measure! I WANT my creative projects to succeed, really I do. But I have a hard time embracing “success” and “victory” and “abundance” for myself. I’m much more comfortable being the exuberant fan in the peanut gallery, clapping for someone else’s success. BUT I AM ACTIVELY WORKING ON THIS. It’s kind of what my revised memoir I’m writing is all about – how to stop putting everyone else first. Hmmm.

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely): Justice. The first thing that popped into my mind when I turned over this card was the agent I sent my first full manuscript to on Jan 1… and am STILL waiting for her to read it and give me feedback. It’s been two months. It’s a rom-com. The Justice agent is NOT laughing. But she doesn’t look like she hates it either. When I see the Justice card, I think of external forces at work (like an agent evaluating my work). But ultimately those forces will bring balance and fairness, which I’m obviously in need of, given the structure of this spread and yesterday’s message as well. I do think it’s significant, that she’s sitting behind a desk with an open book in front of her and a sword, like she’s editing or revising or making some cuts. So, for me, with all my myriad of projects I’ve got going, and combined with the 6 Rods above, perhaps this is a nudge in the direction of re-writing/re-working my memoir. I kind of ground to a halt on my writing this past week. All because I suddenly got addicted to decoupaging and chalk painting furniture.

3. Advice when moving forward: 2 Rods. Well, crap. That poor guy is totally STUCK. Sitting there so dejected at the crossroads. He has no idea which project to go for. Darn it, Anna K. You were supposed to advise me which project to go for, not warn me not to get stuck trying to figure out which project to go for.

Cliff’s Notes Summary of what I need to keep in mind in terms of “goals and choices” this month: I think it’s going to come down to a choice between reworking my memoir, or getting some kind of feedback from the agent that will prompt me to rework my rom-com novel. I THINK the cards are telling me that whatever creative project I decide to pursue, I’ll be on a path of success as long as I don’t wither away at the crossroads of indecisiveness.

2019.3.7.jpg.3282bb2029116ffa1575f36fabdccf16.jpg

joy[/member] Yes, that makes sense, especially with the Queen holding her candle under her heart chakra.

How interesting you pulled three people cards too! I will take a look. I wasn't sure what the protocol was here, if it's okay to look at and comment on other people's posts or not. Personally, I LOVE the interaction when anyone comments on my posts. I hate feeling like I'm posting into a void.

I personally love it when we interact like this in each other’s threads  <3

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT: 7 March 2019

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path I’m headed on: 6 Rods: victory, success. Sounds good! If only it weren’t so… obnoxious in this illustration. In Anna K., success comes with a warning. It can be isolating. It can leave you feeling exposed/vulnerable. It can cause considerable distress after you step down from the podium. I mean, he’s half-naked up on that stage, pumping his fists, and doesn’t seem to notice he’s treading on thorny rose stems. He’s gonna have to clean blood from his living room rug when he gets home. Much as I dislike focusing on a negative where there’s such positivity in this card, I can’t help but feel queasy whenever I see this one (and Anna K has been giving it to me a lot this year). Maybe I’m uneasy because I’m such an introvert and dislike being in any kind of spotlight. Yet I crave it in equal measure! I WANT my creative projects to succeed, really I do. But I have a hard time embracing “success” and “victory” and “abundance” for myself. I’m much more comfortable being the exuberant fan in the peanut gallery, clapping for someone else’s success. BUT I AM ACTIVELY WORKING ON THIS. It’s kind of what my revised memoir I’m writing is all about – how to stop putting everyone else first. Hmmm.

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely): Justice. The first thing that popped into my mind when I turned over this card was the agent I sent my first full manuscript to on Jan 1… and am STILL waiting for her to read it and give me feedback. It’s been two months. It’s a rom-com. The Justice agent is NOT laughing. But she doesn’t look like she hates it either. When I see the Justice card, I think of external forces at work (like an agent evaluating my work). But ultimately those forces will bring balance and fairness, which I’m obviously in need of, given the structure of this spread and yesterday’s message as well. I do think it’s significant, that she’s sitting behind a desk with an open book in front of her and a sword, like she’s editing or revising or making some cuts. So, for me, with all my myriad of projects I’ve got going, and combined with the 6 Rods above, perhaps this is a nudge in the direction of re-writing/re-working my memoir. I kind of ground to a halt on my writing this past week. All because I suddenly got addicted to decoupaging and chalk painting furniture.

3. Advice when moving forward: 2 Rods. Well, crap. That poor guy is totally STUCK. Sitting there so dejected at the crossroads. He has no idea which project to go for. Darn it, Anna K. You were supposed to advise me which project to go for, not warn me not to get stuck trying to figure out which project to go for.

Cliff’s Notes Summary of what I need to keep in mind in terms of “goals and choices” this month: I think it’s going to come down to a choice between reworking my memoir, or getting some kind of feedback from the agent that will prompt me to rework my rom-com novel. I THINK the cards are telling me that whatever creative project I decide to pursue, I’ll be on a path of success as long as I don’t wither away at the crossroads of indecisiveness.

That deck has such a personality to it! I chuckled when I read your interpretations, especially of the last card. It does seem to say “beware so you don’t end up like this (again)”. Cheeky!

Same here, I was not sure about the protocol and also LOVE to interact. So that is all so beautiful!

Thank you so much Raggydoll[/member] for leading us on this beautiful and interesting journey!  <3

DAY 3 – WAXING CRESCENT

Themes: Motives & Motivation

Deck used: Dreamkeepers

1. A key to motivate myself (and to keep me motivated) 4 swords. Dreams, intuition, magic, moon, mystery, shadows, night. Swords (thoughts) rise out of the water (subconscious). A black panther (my familiar and a symbol of the High Priestess), two crows (dark), a white dove (light). The blue curtains (rest) parallel the red curtains (action) in the 6 swords. This card tells me I can find motivation by accessing my intuition.

2. The attitude I will benefit from 3 cups. Celebrating with others, friendships, sharing, optimism, cups raised. For me, this card tells me to reach out more, share more, accept invitations, and not let myself sink into loneliness and isolation.

3. Where I could do with some tweaking (areas for improvement) 6 swords. Transition. The red curtains are parted like she’s on a stage, performing, ferrying/carrying other people and their burdens. She’s playing a role for others and helping them through their transitions instead of healing herself. She's too worried about "doing" all these projects and worrying about what others think or are going through, instead of honoring this time of transition in her own life. OR, maybe it's a hint that I could be doing more for others, because I'm really not doing much for others anymore, not at the moment at least. Hm. No. She's in the form of a peacock = pride in one’s own merits and worth, and she's ferrying a figure that points back at the 4 swords, her own intuition. I think this card is telling me to tap into my intuition to get me through this time of transition when it feels like I'm not really "doing" or "accomplishing" much, and I'm disappointing others.

IMG_20190308_171144_831.jpg.49e189b9ddafef0d46b2d49bb296a3b9.jpg

I have never seen that deck before, it looks really interesting! I love how it provides new and fresh angles. I can definitely see how accessing your intuition would inspire and motivate you. And its very interesting what you write about transition and honoring that special time in ones life. I think that holds true for me as well. I try my best to honor transitions in my life but it almost feels like I've been in a constant stage of change for so long that it is a bit exhausting to tell the truth ;D 

I have never seen that deck before, it looks really interesting! I love how it provides new and fresh angles. I can definitely see how accessing your intuition would inspire and motivate you. And its very interesting what you write about transition and honoring that special time in ones life. I think that holds true for me as well. I try my best to honor transitions in my life but it almost feels like I've been in a constant stage of change for so long that it is a bit exhausting to tell the truth ;D

Thanks Raggydoll[/member]. Yes, transitions are exhausting! I really love the Dreamkeeper's deck, although it has taken me three months to really get comfortable with it. I love using it for moon work.

DAY 4 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Competition & Comparison

Deck used: Green Witch

1. Areas where I tend to compare myself to others and to put myself down. 5 Pentacles. Literally and figuratively the “poor me” card of lackful thinking and self-imposed isolation. There I am, all by myself in the cold, dark snow with an empty purse. “No one cares.” The truth is, people do care. But I’m the one who chose this kind of self-imposed isolation on an abandoned ranch thousands of miles from home. It’s the experience I wanted for now. Even though money is tight, I am fine, rationally I know I’m fine. My purse is not even close to being empty. But since I haven’t worked for going on three years, I worry about draining all my savings and inheritance to zero and “having nothing to show for it.” I worry about being by myself. I tend to compare myself unfavorably to others who have families, spouses, children, grandchildren, friends and a community. This card is really spot-on.

2. Something that I may perceive as a weakness or a flaw that in truth can be one of my greatest assets or blessings. Knight Pentacles. Yes, this is totally me: the reliable, competent, and steadfast hard-worker. I get so tired of being like this. So unglamorous and unexciting. I want to be magical, spur-of-the-moment, crazy-adventurous! Not just plod along like I’ve always done: first one at the office in the morning, last one out at night. But I suppose this kind of trait probably IS one of my greatest assets. That girl on the horse is skilled, independent and isn’t afraid to do the work. She’s off in search of the next job with a full pouch of money she’s saved from a lifetime of frugal living. It’s what’s allowed me to take this kind of time off from having a job, after all, to experience this adventure, renovating this place by myself.

3. How I inspire and motivate others (perhaps unknowingly). 6 Pentacles. Arg and sigh. Yes, I’m generous. I’ve always been the caregiver, the “helpful” one. The one who moves cross-country to take care of family, who babysits for free, loans money to friends and doesn’t pay herself for months so the company can make payroll for everyone else, etc. etc. For me, this card is a struggle because being a “giver” is like any other addiction: it’s not healthy when you do it too much and for the wrong reasons. If my acts of kindness, encouragement, and money come from a place of love, security and abundance, I think they are definitely inspiring to others. But doing these things out of a sense of guilt or duty leads to the kind of emotional poverty that prompts one to quit life and move to a place of total isolation like I have done. It’s something I’m really, really trying to bring into balance in my life right now so I can rejoin the human race and not feel like I need to drain myself by giving so much of myself to others.

IMG_20190309_093843_188.jpg.bdd6758aa566c6e7e24b59580a22c8be.jpg

I agree with Joy, what a powerful reading! Those cards truly spoke to you and I loved seeing them come to life in your interpretations. Plus WOW, what a beautiful picture! Such a treat for us to look at :blove:

Thank you joy[/member] and Raggydoll[/member]! I'm so flattered, and am glad you enjoy the photos. Today, alas, I didn't take one, since I had to travel, and completely forgot about the switch in time for Daylight Savings time, so I was late. Now it's too dark and I'm tired. But here's my reading I wrote this morning before I left. I used the Green Witch tarot again since it seemed so spot-on the day before.

DAY 5 – WAXING CRESCENT: 10 March 2019

Theme: Commitments & Responsibilities

1. My experiences regarding commitments and expectations of others. The Witch (Magician). This Witch seems like a pretty independent, non-traditional, problem-solver. I suspect by her outfit she’s following some general rules of the craft as well as the ethical guidance of “harm none,” but look at her, making her own concoctions out there in nature, using her knowledge and skills to achieve what she wants. She’s standing in a circle of salt, so she knows how to protect herself. What a good witch!

As much as I want to be this Witch, when it comes to commitments and the expectations of others, I am still rather frightened of them, which is why I shunned ALL of them after my mom died and retreated to the woods. But my goal is not to hide out here forever. I want to use this time and space to get back in touch with my “magic.” I hope to become like this Witch. Rediscover my power so I will be able to approach commitments from a healthier place.

2. Potential blocks and challenges I have around traditions and responsibilities (internal or external) The Moon. Delusions, hidden agendas, deception, insincerity… I don’t think I could have pulled a card showing greater blocks. But that makes total sense I drew it here, doesn’t it? I’ve still got much healing and growth to do before I fully trust my instincts. I like that she, too, is a Witch, off to practice her full moon magic in the forest by the lake.

3. Advice on finding the approach that would work best for me. 5 Pentacles. Again! Clearly the “poor me” card is key since it turned up twice in a row (I shuffled, fanned, and blindly selected both times). My gut instinct is this card is telling me it’s okay to wallow here in isolation for a bit (since I’m here, and all). But ultimately, I need to prepare to rejoin the world with all of its commitments and responsibilities. As I regain my witchy self-empowerment, I will become a powerful creator who can trust her instincts, draw her boundaries, and live my own funky life of abundance no matter the demands thrown my way.

That reoccurring 5 of pentacles is so interesting! It almost feels like your time in seclusion is a sacred initiation process to your own unique magic. Almost like if you are forcing yourself to be out in the cold until you feel ready and willing to finally open that door - the one that leads to your inner hearth and to your mental altar.

Somehow your reading makes me think of a meditation practice where you journey to your inner witches cottage. I believe there are such guided meditations for free on YouTube. I have done it in the past and it is so nice to find that inner spot where you feel completely at home and in touch with your full potential. Perhaps you would appreciate that type of exercise too?  <3

Somehow your reading makes me think of a meditation practice where you journey to your inner witches cottage. I believe there are such guided meditations for free on YouTube. I have done it in the past and it is so nice to find that inner spot where you feel completely at home and in touch with your full potential. Perhaps you would appreciate that type of exercise too?  <3

Thanks, Raggydoll[/member]! I've done a few of those types of guided meditations, but not one to my inner witches cottage! I'll definitely take a look.

Thanks, Raggydoll[/member]! I've done a few of those types of guided meditations, but not one to my inner witches cottage! I'll definitely take a look.

I have been told that this one is good:

(The one I use is not free)

DAY 6 – WAXING CRESCENT: 11 March 2019

Theme: Exploration & Adventure

Deck: Thelema

1. Something I secretly yearn to experience or explore: 10 Wands. I yearn to take a little break from my worries by getting “grounded” in the miraculous (yet not very exotic) details of nature right underneath my feet. This card really reminds me of my daily walks along the land, which is my grandparents’ homestead property. I’ve been exploring as much of these 300 acres every day since I moved up here last year. Everything is truly wondrous and new to me, born and raised in the suburbs of a big city that doesn’t have seasons or snow. But I’m also trying to “fix it up” since it’s been neglected for so long, and sometimes I do feel overwhelmed, in over my head. This winter’s been tough because I can’t do the physical labor, I just think about all the work that need to get done this spring and how am I gonna deal with all the mud and bugs. This card is reminding me my inner being isn’t focused on fixing anything. My inner being just wants to kneel down in the mud and appreciate the natural wonders around me.

2. Who or what has held me back in the past: 2 Pentacles. Multi-tasking, juggling things, being a bit out of balance yet trying to keep up a happy face no matter what. I’m by myself on my unicycle on a beachfront boardwalk and my back is to the ocean and ship in the foggy distance. In the past, I did turn my back on things like travel and adventure so I could juggle things for others (a sick mom, a demanding husband, a soul-sucking job). But now I’m without an audience. Time to drop those pentacles, turn around and appreciate that ocean view. A very accurate card.

3. What can help me to take the plunge; to chase after my dreams or fulfill my potential. Knight Pentacles. Well, there’s no “chasing” here, haha, just slow-and-steady progress and my usual methodical diligence. The Knight Pents pulled up a couple days ago as my “greatest asset,” and Pentacles in general tend to surface a lot in my self-readings, so I’m not surprised. In this particular spread, he’s a positive harbinger of pending success as long as I stay the course. Just keep going. All that green, my armor, and that very large, solid workhorse underneath me shows I’m well-equipped for a slow ride through this experience and I probably won’t even have to pull out a sword for battle. I find it interesting the background in this card is almost exactly the same as that of the first card, the 10 Wands, only more verdant. I think this means that this coming spring and summer are going to feel very fulfilling to me.

3_11_19.jpg.73339c0e4a36b7eb5f619e0663e9fecf.jpg

I have been told that this one is good:

(The one I use is not free)

Thank you so much!!