Raggydoll

Day Soleil’s 30 days of working with the moon

Ack, I'm drowning, lol. I'm a day behind. This flooding is still an issue, but my place will be okay. I'm land-locked with the roads all closed, so I should have time to catch up see where everyone else in our Moon Group is at. Here's yesterday's spread.

DAY 19 – WANING GIBBOUS: 24 March 2019

Theme: Roots & Identity

Deck: Ceccoli

1. How I perceive my roots and my sense of legacy. 10 Pentacles. This card hits home on so many levels. I had what I would call a fun and carefree childhood. Although we were definitely middle class and hardworking, my parents really blessed me with a lot of love and support, even if they didn’t understand why I wanted to ride off the carousel and do my own thing. My grandparents homesteaded this ranch I’m on, and my parents left me with an inheritance, so yes, this is pretty much how I perceive my sense of legacy from my ancestors, and I’m infinitely grateful now, although I can’t say I was when I was younger.

2. The actions or attitudes of mine that are based on these beliefs (subconscious or not). 5 Pentacles. I think that girl is very representative of the way I used to be. Probably out of guilt for having ridden off the carousel, but also out of love, I came back to the nest and tried to take care of everyone around me. But I gave too much. I drained myself and got lost in the darkness of not knowing how to say No. I had no sense of where I stopped and others began. This is the fourth time this card has pulled up for me in these spreads.

3. How I can heal or strengthen my sense of identity and belonging. Queen of Pentacles. Ha! All pentacles for this drawing and to end with the Queen is really perfect for me, since she’s my signifier card. She’s come up twice before. But in Ceccoli tarot, I don’t get so much of the “nurturing” sense from Queen Pents. I get more of a “spoiled brat.” I mean: those pink curls! The candy-cane background and that decadent ice cream cone – it’s so girly and just a little too much, don’t you think? The message I’m getting from this card is I’d do well to acknowledge the richness I inherited from my family and not act like a spoiled little girl. Not take it for granted. Be a little less self-absorbed now that I’m healing from those earlier lessons of over-extending myself.

3_24_19.jpg.93eb7c3eba5e1e3342ac43e5919283f0.jpg

So happy to see you online! Was just about to ask if you were ok. If roads start to flood it is a mess. Do not know how electricity is done in your place. With major flooding that can become an issue - at least where I am.

Beautiful cards, I really like them! What I noticed in the Queen of Pentacles is the sad look in her eyes. Yes she has all the candy's and the pink locks, but is she happy? I would give her some  <3 <3 <3

So happy to see you online! Was just about to ask if you were ok. If roads start to flood it is a mess. Do not know how electricity is done in your place. With major flooding that can become an issue - at least where I am.

Beautiful cards, I really like them! What I noticed in the Queen of Pentacles is the sad look in her eyes. Yes she has all the candy's and the pink locks, but is she happy? I would give her some  <3 <3 <3

Awww joy[/member] that's really "sweet" of you (haha). Thanks for that insight. You're right, I'm sure my inner brat could use some love and forgiveness. Thank you! xoxoxo

Here is some more love to your inner brat  <3 As you know, I can really relate with these thoughts if yours so I’m very grateful for hearing them  ((

Okay, and here's today's spread to catch me back up. I don't want to fall behind, as I'm traveling next week (I hope - as long as the water goes down to open up roads by then!)

DAY 20 – WANING GIBBOUS: 25 March 2019

Theme: Dreams & Possibilities

Deck: Anna K.

1. What transformation am I ready and longing for. Devil. Release from bondage to my self-limiting beliefs, behaviors, and any old dreams. I’m longing to lock onto a new dream/vision for my life. But it is really scary to let go of those old dreams and patterns, even if they do feel stale and aren’t serving me anymore. They’ve defined my sense of identity for so long.

2. How I can allow this process to take place without fear or resistance. Star. Again! The message here is: Seek clarity. Find the better-feeling thought. Stay focused on the positive. I have the power to dream a new dream and it will be a fantastic new journey!

3. Something I never thought was possible that is now within my grasp. Death. Rebirth of a life-dream, rebirth of my sense of self and who I am, what role I might play in this world. And, for me, I think this also points to the cyclical nature of life-dreams. They come and go. It’s okay – necessary, even – to follow them, then dream another, follow that, then another, and so on and so on. When I stop dreaming, I will have stopped living.

EDIT: This is the second time I've pulled all majors, I just realized. The first time was on Day 14 Sacred Balance, which I had interpreted as having to do with finding one thing as my focus to lock onto. I guess this is a Big Deal for me!

3_25_19.jpg.acb56b9e11e2e3359c388d52efdea38d.jpg

Holy smokes - excuse my language! Those are some powerful cards!

Could Death not also let you know that you can release and let your old dreams die? So Death would then confirm that what you would like to transform - the Devil - is within reach.  <3 <3 <3

The Ceccoli...after seeing your readings with this deck Day Soleil[/member], it is now on my wish list! If it speaks to me half as clearly as it speaks to you, I'll be thrilled! 

Wow...another powerhouse, all majors reading for you!

And a little more love for your inner brat <3  ((

The Ceccoli...after seeing your readings with this deck Day Soleil[/member], it is now on my wish list! If it speaks to me half as clearly as it speaks to you, I'll be thrilled! 

Wow...another powerhouse, all majors reading for you!

And a little more love for your inner brat <3  ((

I had the mini version but let it go. I think that if I ever get this deck again then it will be the large version and then I’d trim it and make it an oracle  >:D O:-) <3

DAY 21 – WANING GIBBOUS

Theme: Blocks & Façades

Deck: Dreamkeepers

1. A mask that I sometime hide behind. 8 Wands. Hey, look at me poking my superhero bird-beak-mask into the corner of the picture, trying to help that butterfly woman fly. At least, I think that’s what I’m doing. I sure hope I’m not trying to steal that pretty flower from her. But maybe that’s what I end up doing when I try to butt my nose in and do too much for others instead of letting them right themselves in the air and fly with their own flower-power.

2. What lies at the core of this mask or façade. Knight Wands. At the core, I just want to take off my mask and protective armor and wave my own pretty red flower in the air so everyone will notice and love me, including my “gorgeous authentic self” hanging upside down from the tree next to me. “Yoo-hoo, over here! Looky what I made/found/did! Isn’t it purty????” This guy kills me. He's just like my inner spoiled brat, thirsting for love and attention, and I think it has to do with my creative efforts (which I do tend to be very self-critical and protective of).

3. The true light that shines behind my shadows (my gorgeous authentic self and what I will experience when I lovingly reintegrate these shadows into my wholeness) The Hanged Woman. If I lovingly re-integrate my superhero mask of trying to help others and my inner spoiled brat’s need for recognition, I will have gained a completely new perspective on life. I will be happy in the Now moment, perfectly at ease and peaceful no matter what kind of external validation comes my way. The validation must come from within.

3_26_19.jpg.79e437203ab722af4baa3ebbd1474e24.jpg

Day Soleil[/member] Love your interpretation of the Hanged Woman "I will be happy...perfectly at ease and peaceful no matter what kind of external validation comes my way. The validation must come from within." Here! Here! <3 I can so relate to this right now.

That hanged woman card is amazing. It reminds me of the feeling I get from your drawings; it’s ethereal and otherworldly but still carry a distinct layer of the physical plane and everyday real life. I guess you could say that your artwork shifts a persons perspective when they look at it  <3

Thank you joy[/member] and LoveLightPeace[/member] ! Raggydoll[/member] thanks so much for the kind words about my art!

DAY 22 – WANING GIBBOUS: 27 March 2019

Theme: Insights & Clarity

Deck: Shadowscapes

1. Something that I will be able to provide unique insights on. 8 Cups. I feel very deeply about things. Through my lifetime of experience with depression, I know what it’s like to be in the dark, but I also know how to turn on the light by changing the thoughts in my mind. Depression has no hold over me anymore because I can always find the better-feeling thought, and I value the way I feel over "reality." I can dive deep without fear.

2. What I currently understand to be true about the greater mysteries. Hierophant. In any other deck, I might be raising a questioning brow because I don’t really conform to any structured or traditional belief system, although I embrace aspects of many. But this is Shadowscapes, and I feel a special connection to nature and the trees especially. This tree reminds me of the “Ent” next to the creek I sometimes sit next to in order to meditate. I feel I’m that tiny little chameleon, eager and curious about the greater mysteries. I’m open to understand what other, older, sager traditions, teachers, and mother Earth can share with me. I never want to stop learning and having an open, humble, and inquisitive mind.

3. An area of knowledge/understanding that is still eluding me and that I could benefit from exploring more deeply. Strength. I feel like I'm pulling a lot of majors lately. Here, I think what’s eluding me is probably the ability to receive love as much I’m willing to give it. I’ve always identified strongly with the girl in the Strength card, but not so much the lion. I think it’s a call to unconditionally accept and love the lion side of myself that craves many things I tell myself I don’t need, like love and “greedier”/darker things like recognition, material abundance, ambition, pride, anger, yadda yadda. This seems to be a repeated message for me in these waning moon draws. How many ways can Tarot present to me my inner brat? Or maybe that’s just the mental tangent I’m following as I plunge down into the 8 cups depths of analysis.

I have a window of opportunity to run to town before more rain/snow hits, so I will be back later tonight to catch up on everyone's spreads!!

3_27_19.jpg.6d13e5125acf42fbbc445d01344e2f49.jpg

You ARE receiving lots of majors for sure. The Strength card is an interesting one in this context. And your interpretation is also very interesting. I agree that there seem to be a certain mood to these waning spreads. They are slightly more complex and trickier to unravel. Hopefully it will be extra rewarding once we get to the bottom of their messages  :thumbsup:

Love your interpretation of The Strength card. This is one of the cards I really struggle to understand. Your insights are interesting.

Hope the weather at your end is calming down soon!  <3

Day Soleil[/member] your interpretation of the 8 of Cups gave me goosebumps, what you are able to do is a beautiful thing! I also love your interpretation of Strength in this reading. <3

Thank you LoveLightPeace[/member] That means a lot to me, as sometimes depression can be difficult to admit to or talk about for many of us.

Hope the weather at your end is calming down soon!  <3

Yes joy[/member] me too! I got to wear SHORTS yesterday afternoon, it was so warm. But I had to wear my boots because there's still snow on the ground. We're supposed to get another 2 inches tomorrow night. I'm not used to such wild fluctuations in temps. :)

You ARE receiving lots of majors for sure. The Strength card is an interesting one in this context. And your interpretation is also very interesting. I agree that there seem to be a certain mood to these waning spreads. They are slightly more complex and trickier to unravel. Hopefully it will be extra rewarding once we get to the bottom of their messages  :thumbsup:

I'm both excited and sad, thinking about getting to the end of this 30-day exercise. But you're right, it will be so interesting to step back and kind of analyze the big picture messages!

DAY 23 – LAST QUARTER, WANING CRESCENT

Theme: Wisdom & Surrender

Deck: Animal Spirit Oracle

I’m so glad I chose this deck today! I LOVE my spread 😊 I'm going to stare at it all day on my bulletin board.

1. Where I need to have faith and trust that things will unfold as they are meant to. Stag Spirit. “Take the Lead.” This card really took me by surprise! I’ve never pulled it for myself before. It’s all about leading with wisdom, confidence, and compassion, both in your own life and with others. Now, a “leader” is something I’ve never been, in any sense of the word, least of all in my own life. So, to pull this here… it absolutely THRILLS me. Yes. I do feel my self-confidence has increased, especially with this 30-day moon spread experience. I am in charge of my own life and have enough confidence that I can lead myself through whatever unfolds.

2. Something reassuring that I know, deep inside. Otter Spirit. “You are never alone.” I’m not sure anyone can appreciate this card more than me, living by myself in my 50’s with no partner, family, or kids. It’s absolutely SO reassuring to know this, deep inside. I’d pulled this card last month when my water pipe froze and I was too scared to crawl underneath my dark/cold mobile home foundation. I didn’t know how I could possibly fix it. So, of course, I consulted my cards! I pulled this and promptly called a neighbor, who not only came over right away, but thanked me for calling and asking for help. 😊

3. How I can tap into my higher wisdom. Frog Spirit. “Clear out the clutter.” LOLOL How true is this?? ‘Nuff said!

3_28_19.jpg.a01e173f03d2e3949695db04d9fdc289.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous reading with beautiful cards! I admire you for doing what you do. Living on your own somewhere far away from people. It is not as easy and romantic as it seems. One gets to know the 'real' life and as you say you get to know yourself, your weaknesses but also your strength. And yes we are never ever alone  <3

Aww.. those utters are so darn cute!! I think it’s great that you called your neighbor. Most people like to feel needed and useful. ‘Clearing out the clutter’ is definitely an important part of my philosophy  :thumbsup: :meditate:

Day Soleil[/member] I got teary eyed reading through what you said about Stag Spirit...how empowering!!! I'm so happy for you!!! <3 It looks like we both needed a similar message for the second card today, I drew the 5 of Pents. More power to you for reaching out for help when you need it!  :thumbsup:

DAY 24 – WANING CRESCENT 29 March 2019

Theme: Joy & Celebration

Deck: Hip Chick

1. Something that truly sparks joy to me (or ways in which to achieve this). Hermit. I get great joy from my alone-time. The red candle, literally a spark of joy in the darkness, makes me think of the heart/love. The owl makes me think of my late mom. This is how I tap into the universal love portal, which my mom opened to me just before her passing: by sitting amongst the trees in meditation as I do nearly every day. It truly does spark joy in me.

2. How to make more room for fun and laughter in my life. Four of Feel. I think the message here is: just open my eyes to it. Don’t be blind to the fun and laughter that are right there. The way the heart is flying in above her head makes me think of my upcoming flight to visit my girlfriends next week. I’m so glad I was inspired to arrange that trip.

3. A nice thing I have to look forward to and to celebrate in the near future. Nature (Empress). Spring, baby birds, green growth, flowers, sunflowers, summer thunderstorms and bathing naked in the creek? Yes, please!

3_29_19.jpg.85d45ffae839f186e19159ced1ccb6a8.jpg

The perfect card for you The Hermit! Beautiful  <3 I remember very well the very quick ups and downs during spring. In the afternoon you get a sunburn in the evening you need a hot bath. But the days start to get longer which I always enjoyed. I am happy for you that you booked this trip to see your girlfriends, the cards confirm it was the right decision. Nothing better than bathing naked  :party:

And BTW me too I am a dreading the end of this beautiful journey with all of you. But I also look forward to put it all together and analyze and look for patterns. That will also take some time  <3