Kickstarter alert! The Slow Tarot

Guest libra

OMG this is just gorgeous! Absolutely pleasing to the eye! Wish I had an address in the US. It is always difficult to get stuff to be sent to my little island...  :'(

Oh my gosh, what a very talented artist! The art is so beautiful, that it brought tears to my eyes. i am definitely backing this deck with great joy and anticipation! Thank You libra for the heads up! :blovekiss:

ETA: it was full funded in a few hours! i have backed it and can hardly wait to hold this beauty in my eager hands!

This is a gorgeous deck! I cannot pay for the funding price just yet, because I have other obligations just now, so I hope I can fund it before the cut off date...however, yes, wonderful art!

This is a gorgeous deck! I cannot pay for the funding price just yet, because I have other obligations just now, so I hope I can fund it before the cut off date...however, yes, wonderful art!

Padma, they don't charge your card until the cut off date, which is April 4th. Hopefully, that will help you? :blovekiss:

That deck is gorgeous so wish I could pledge the money but dealing with some serious vet bills.  That deck is really something special.

That deck is gorgeous so wish I could pledge the money but dealing with some serious vet bills.  That deck is really something special.

Hi Jewel, i totally understand about vet bills...sigh...

i hope who ever needed the vet work is doing much better.

Sending much love,

prosperity, good vibes and healing light.

:bmoney: :kitty: :rainbow: :blovekiss:

Hey, my copy of this just arrived today and I'm really digging the artwork!

One fun detail is that the ace cards have full-bleed artwork to the sides of the card, which is a little startling when you're flipping through the cards. 

People are talking about this one all over the net, which makes it a bit of a trend. (I tend to avoid trends like plague! In a couple of months there will be another Tarot du Jour, and another and another...a person could spend entirely too much money and end up with nothing but a big pile of white elephant decks.)

But this one seems to be very well done. I like that the images are actual paintings done for this deck, and not yet another collection of existing images, either singly or collaged. And the cards I've seen seem well thought-out.

I'm tempted.

Edited by katrinka

queenofwans

I'm loving my copy of this deck. I've had it for over a week now, and I'm finding it very accurate, relevant, and spot-on. It's also one of the few contemporary decks I own -- I generally do not like the look of contemporary or modern decks, but this one feels very introspective, contemplative, and full of grace.

Nordica De Spell
8 hours ago, queenofwans said:

I'm loving my copy of this deck. I've had it for over a week now, and I'm finding it very accurate, relevant, and spot-on. It's also one of the few contemporary decks I own -- I generally do not like the look of contemporary or modern decks, but this one feels very introspective, contemplative, and full of grace.

Considering that my copy hasn’t arrived yet, it’s re-assuring to hear that it’s good quality and it reads well. I’m looking forward to it a lot. I pledged with sort of a feeling that I wasn’t entirely sure that it’s for me, maybe as you say, because it’s so contemporary. But when they sent out the link to the paintings, I got lost in them and after that, I can’t wait for mine to arrive! Congrats. on receiving yours! 🙂 

queenofwans

@Nordica De Spell The card stock is excellent, like Pagan Otherworlds with a linen finish, but a tad smaller so very easy to shuffle. I'm loving it a lot, and the images are just incredible. I don't love the mini LWB it comes with as it was written by someone else, but I don't usually use those anyway. The only two cards I don't love are Temptation and Seven of Coins, but other than that, everything has been amazing, and it's been a very accurate and relatable deck. The night before my fiance unexpectedly proposed, the Nine of Cups flew out at me twice for no apparent reason. The day after he proposed, I got the Two of Cups for my daily draw! I've attached the Cups suit as a result.

@joy Hope you get it in hand soon! I live right next to Modern Eden gallery, so I was lucky I got it the day after they mailed it!

20190613_130351.thumb.jpg.846f1d6ccafe68d0e5b6e3f63b8da133.jpg

Nordica De Spell
7 hours ago, queenofwans said:

@Nordica De Spell The card stock is excellent, like Pagan Otherworlds with a linen finish, but a tad smaller so very easy to shuffle. I'm loving it a lot, and the images are just incredible. I don't love the mini LWB it comes with as it was written by someone else, but I don't usually use those anyway. The only two cards I don't love are Temptation and Seven of Coins, but other than that, everything has been amazing, and it's been a very accurate and relatable deck. The night before my fiance unexpectedly proposed, the Nine of Cups flew out at me twice for no apparent reason. The day after he proposed, I got the Two of Cups for my daily draw! I've attached the Cups suit as a result.

Congratulations on the engagement! 💐

Ah linen finish... that sounds like a really good luxurious choice for a deck with paintings! Not sure I have one like that in my collection. Does it have that tactile feel of linen, too? 

It’s very interesting that The Slow Tarot has ”predicted and commented” with the cups for you! I always wonder about a decks personality before it arrives. 🙂 It’s so great to hear that it’s overall readable, but also amazing to hear with what it reads for you! We’ll see whether the Slow Tarot reads the same for me, and for others, or some other way! And, how it is for all of us, after a while of getting to know it more. 

About the cards, after you posted I couldn’t help myself clicking at the link again, that Modern Eden sent with all the paintings...

All of them deserve contemplation and comment; and it’s really a very fascinating take with a ”Slow Tarot” concept... 

Btw; which is your favourite card in this deck? Do you have one?

I love the Temperance card so much. I’d buy the whole deck to get a hold of it!

You know though, I think I’ll come to love this tarot deck waaaaaaaaay more than I originally thought I would. 

It’s got to arrive soon!!