The Osho Zen Tarot <3

Soul Light

So far, my favorite deck <3 <3 <3 <3

I love how deep the readings can be <3 ^-^

At first, when I saw the cards, the illustrations didn't appeal to me. They didn't look like a deck I'd want... But it appeared in a few readings, until one day, I realized the potential of the deck! So I bought the deck and IMMEDIATELY, the first card, the very first reading I gave to myself. It was exactly what I needed, what i wanted to know, and I felt so in tune with it =')

It's just sooooo wow... It's like the deck knows what to say =') I'm in love with it  <3 and I started appreciating the illustrations more  <3 I don't read from the book unless I feel like it. I read based on the image and word with feeling/intuition.

Also, the backs of the cards are beautiful. It reminds me of cake with chocolate frosting or a theme for a music club. *sighs*  <3

What are your experiences with the deck? ^-^

Guest libra

I love the sense of humour that this deck has tbh. It's a really to the point deck and and can be very very literal. A choice example is one that imma link to, because it shows substances that are legal here but not everywhere, which I just found very funny -

https://resonance-of-libra.tumblr.com/post/173146881481/resonance-of-libra-i-couldnt-make-this-up-if-i

Another time an exhausted student came askng simply what they needed to know and got "Silence" with that sleeping face. Go rest, tired student!!

I love the sense of humour that this deck has tbh. It's a really to the point deck and and can be very very literal. A choice example is one that imma link to, because it shows substances that are legal here but not everywhere, which I just found very funny -

https://resonance-of-libra.tumblr.com/post/173146881481/resonance-of-libra-i-couldnt-make-this-up-if-i

Another time an exhausted student came askng simply what they needed to know and got "Silence" with that sleeping face. Go rest, tired student!!

Lol!! Both of those stories cracked me up!! xD It really is in your face about it

Hello,

For years I fought to understand tarot. In a shop there was a special esoterical day, and amongst palmreading aso there where pictures (huge ones) of this tarot deck, and I loved them immediately.

I bought the deck, and it was the first one I understood intuitively. People told me it was a difficult deck, but it took me out of the future-reading and fit more what i was looking for.

Even if today I use it rarely, it is still one of my favorite decks :)

Greetings

Shade

AJ-ish/Sharyn

Osho had a dark history in his time in Oregon with his followers.

That has tainted the deck for many of us, me included as I lived there then.

On the other hand the Tao Oracle came out of the same time and place and artists and I love it. Finding a deck we can hear and understand is part of the journey with tarot, I'm so glad you have found one of them.

My #1 hold in my heart deck Songs For The Journey Home came from the minds and hearts of two members who lived in his Ashram at the time. Good comes from bad and I've learned over time to let some of the judgmentalism go...

Soul Light l have the Osho Zen tarot and l do like it very much, it has given me some very insightful readings.

Not read with it for quite a while, now you have inspired me to get the deck out and have another meet up  :cardz:

Osho had a dark history in his time in Oregon with his followers.

That has tainted the deck for many of us, me included as I lived there then.

On the other hand the Tao Oracle came out of the same time and place and artists and I love it. Finding a deck we can hear and understand is part of the journey with tarot, I'm so glad you have found one of them.

My #1 hold in my heart deck Songs For The Journey Home came from the minds and hearts of two members who lived in his Ashram at the time. Good comes from bad and I've learned over time to let some of the judgmentalism go...

Very well said, AJ!

By the way, the small version of the Songs For The Journey Home  is also one of my favourite travelling decks :)

The Osho Zen was a deck, that threw me into cold water:

I had received it as a present and took it along to a booooooring evening sitting on a X-mas craft show waiting for customers , while outside a snow storm raged and roads anywhere were impassable.....

Other crafters saw me opening the deck and asked for a reading.

OK, what the heck, NO GUARANTEES, here we go:

I did in and about 10 readings that evening, seeing all the cards for the very first time, when I turned them over.....

I was the only one, making money that evening and - the deck read easy and true!

I love the artist descriptions of the pictures but don't care for the other text about the cards.  I have become a bit tainted about Osho himself, so I have to admit that when I see the Master card the first thing that comes to mind is of a fraud or fake master, which is actually a helpful thing to have in the deck as far as I am concerned.  Love the colors and art, and the deck gives great readings but it just feels more oracle (a complete oracle not all roses and sunshine) than Tarot to me, I prefer to read intuitively and totally based on the illustrations.  I find the readings to be deep and meaningful, but if I am wanting "Tarot" I will reach for a different deck.  This is just my personal opinion.

I have the same problem as Jewel with the modern connotation now about the deck. There is a great documentary on Netflix all about Osho and what happened called "Wild Wild Country". I know many people love Osho still as well but it's part of the deck that troubles me and I have to ignore that connotation when using it, but I do like this deck and it's artwork. I know some people actually leave out the Master card but I don't personally.

Things I love about the deck: love the artwork, this is my fave deck to use for any type of healing readings for people. It's also the most oracle I think of any tarot deck, it's so on the boundary between the two! It's an oracle with tarot structure :)

Things I don't like about the deck: I think it's a hard deck to learn to read, especially with the symbols and suits, I always forget the triangle in this direction means this with this suit colour! I would not recommend this deck for beginners as the system needs some working out. I do tend to compare the cards back to RWS and more traditional tarot ideas, I am not sure if it's helpful or not. I think in some ways just reading each card almost like an oracle and forgetting tarot traditionalism helps. Some of the cards are great, but some of the cards in their numbered position I can't understand how they fit that placement. Some of the Majors and Swords Suit stray so far from the tradition and the Swords suit is so biased negatively, I tend to read them a bit brighter in a reading as they are so negative. However they are my only issues with it. I love the artwork and ideas for each card!

I am glad to have this deck in my collection and it's great for meditation, intuition reading and for healing messages :)  :thumbsup:

DanielJUK[/member] so you and I have the exact same issues with the deck.  I found trying to compare it with the RWS traditional meanings was frustrating and useless to me.  I use to really have trouble determining if it was Tarot or Oracle for me, but after using it last month for a month straight I found I got better readings and was able to let go of my hangups when I treated it as an oracle.  I guess I finally made my peace with it and now enjoy it more than I did in the past.  But yeah, it is somewhere in a grey area between the two for sure.  I have been struggling as I try to write the review for this deck.  I also keep the Master card in, as I found what it represents to me and as noted in my earlier post I like having a controversial card like this in my deck.

Hi everyone, thank you all so much for sharing your stories!

I actually don't know anything about Osho or what kind of man he is, but from what you all said...sounds like I shouldn't be looking into his history or else I may end up throwing away the cards...

I really wouldn't have to do that, considering how amazing these cards are to me <3 These cards seem perfect for a healing reading, they definitely have been healing for me <3 I don't use them as tarot, only as Oracle and they have been true so far.

Mi-Shell[/member]

I really enjoyed your story a lot! That's great to hear it gave you a great night!  ^-^

Soul Light[/member] I don't care for Osho himself but I do like the deck, I just ignore his teachings in the book and focus on the artist description and the imagery.  The cards are beautiful and if treated like an oracle very intuitive plus you have the key word there on them to guide you as well.

AnnaInWanderland

I also don't know anything about Osho, but I've a fun story about coming to the deck. I've been with my current therapist for over 4 years and never noticed some of the trinkets/books/etc sitting on her shelves. When I told her I started learning tarot, she told me she doesn't read, but has a Zen deck "over there" and I thought that was cool, but didn't look at it. Months into me learning tarot and learning a lot more about decks, I realize that the deck she has is the Osho Zen, so I shuffle and draw a card. I get the Page of Clouds ("Mind") which, frankly, I felt kind of offended by seeing as though I was sitting in therapy!  ;D But...I did feel connected to the card and have been drawing a new card in each session since.