"Delete selected posts" option please!

Grandma

To the far right of each item on the Bookmarks page is a little box.  One can remove any number of bookmarks at a time by checking the boxes and clicking "Delete selected bookmarks" at the end of the list.  Voila!  List culled!

Could we please have the same feature on the "Show unread posts since your last visit" and "All unread topics" pages?   

Love, Grandma

Well, you can't really have one for "unread posts since last visit", surely ? Either they are unread since your last visit or they aren't.

Saturn Celeste

To the far right of each item on the Bookmarks page is a little box.  One can remove any number of bookmarks at a time by checking the boxes and clicking "Delete selected bookmarks" at the end of the list.  Voila!  List culled!

Could we please have the same feature on the "Show unread posts since your last visit" and "All unread topics" pages?   

Love, Grandma

Grandma, this is how the software works right now.  With the talk of new software on the horizon, I doubt much more will be done on this site because, before you know it, we'll have a clean, shiny new forum!  <3

Well, you can't really have one for "unread posts since last visit", surely ? Either they are unread since your last visit or they aren't.

Uhhh...they are unread and sometimes they take up two or three pages.  It would be less confusing (I admit I am easily confused!) if I could immediately delete the ones I don't WANT to read and then take my time moseying through the rest. 

Grandma, this is how the software works right now.  With the talk of new software on the horizon, I doubt much more will be done on this site because, before you know it, we'll have a clean, shiny new forum!  <3

Oh goody!  Maybe the clean shiny new forum will have a "Delete selected messages" button?

Saturn Celeste

Oh goody!  Maybe the clean shiny new forum will have a "Delete selected messages" button?

I honestly don't remember but it might also have a different way to search.  To get rid of it take some time to just click on each link and before you know it you'll have a clean slate.

Little Fang

To be honest I've never see any forum with an option like that. I'd read all the interesting ones and then af the very bottom you can mark all as read an start with a clean slate. I do this all the time. :)

Uhhh...they are unread and sometimes they take up two or three pages.  It would be less confusing (I admit I am easily confused!) if I could immediately delete the ones I don't WANT to read and then take my time moseying through the rest.

What I do is that I open each interesting thread in a new separate window and then I click on "mark all messages as read" to get rid of the rest. That way I can go through those threads one by one when I have the time. This works best on a PC though. 

Thank you all for your responses.

I honestly don't remember but it might also have a different way to search.  To get rid of it take some time to just click on each link and before you know it you'll have a clean slate.

Yes, that's how I do it but I get kind of dizzy going back and forth - I know that sounds silly but it's true.  Open the "show unread posts" menu, click on and open a message, repeat and repeat...  I guess I'm pretty spoiled if that is too much for me to handle...oh well.

To be honest I've never see any forum with an option like that. I'd read all the interesting ones and then af the very bottom you can mark all as read an start with a clean slate. I do this all the time. :)

I used to moderate an anxiety forum and if I remember correctly it had that feature.  Of course I was very anxious so my memory might be wrong (heehee). 

You can of course ignore specific subforums and then the posts from those don't show up.

I will! How?

What I do is that I open each interesting thread in a new separate window and then I click on "mark all messages as read" to get rid of the rest. That way I can go through those threads one by one when I have the time. This works best on a PC though. 

That's what I will do!

Rose Lalonde

You can of course ignore specific subforums and then the posts from those don't show up.

I will! How?

Profile > Modify Profile > Ignore Boards Options > check boxes to ignore

:)

Saturn Celeste

I will! How?

Thank  you Rose!  Shows  you how much I know about that feature!  You're a life saver!  <3

Geez, sorry I didn't mention that sooner. I did it for birthday threads at once, and again the second the quizzes got a separate board.

I had no idea others weren't as obsessive as I am about such things :D

sandrang123

You are a lifesaver Rose Lalonde[/member] . Makes my life so much easier.

I will! How?

The stuff I ignored before is still nicely ignored - but I can't see where the option is on this software.... (yet) - and I can't see it on the DC forum either. Can we not hide whole subforums from our view ?

DanielJUK

I haven't found where you ignore sections of the forum yet, only to ignore users. *I think* it might be something to do with the activity log, you can specify areas and content types and all sorts of filtering. But haven't quite worked it out yet 🙂

Yeah - look. I hid birthday threads (I can't STAND them) on the old forum. 

If I go to forum view I see this:

birthday.png.6402e8f4c8b2ca311e3fa714b18daf87.png

So I assume that's what the check mark means.

And if I go to recent threads and filter by "show hidden" I see this drop down option. 

hidden.png.dd16597f0288e7997f2ae09a668e6658.png

And all that shows up if I check hidden is birthday threads. But I cannot find a way to hide new things.

According to the admin on my other forum it isn't something Invision offers. I suppose my ignored ones held up by a miracle in the switch!

Guest libra
5 hours ago, gregory said:

According to the admin on my other forum it isn't something Invision offers. I suppose my ignored ones held up by a miracle in the switch!

Mine didn't 😞

That's really disappointing. 

AJ-ish/Sharyn

I've never found a way to ignore subforums here either. I'm grateful that most of my ignored ones made the crossover to the new forum. For me 'just scroll past' isn't the big thing, it is my online time limits and aversion to what I personally consider clutter 🙂  My problem and something that might be addressed down the road. Little Fang can't know what we want if we don't bring it up? 

Ooh there's another thread that shows how to create your own filtered choices for Unread Content and save it. You have to choose everything you want to see (rather than choosing what you DON'T want to see: