Dreamwalker Tarot by Cecilie Noctique

Siavahda

Ahem.

Please excuse me while I simultaneously shriek and swoon (impressive, I know, but so is this deck!) at yet another WiP deck that I must have immediately;

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lwmwJ

You can see a few more of the cards at her website here https://www.noctique.art/dreamwalker-tarot and look, I know this is clearly a while from being finished, but this stole my breath away at the first glimpse and now I can't stop thinking about it.

It's eerie and almost dark in a way I've never been drawn to before, but I love it so much.

DarkeyedRaven48

Wow! That’s gonna be a deck I’m gonna want! I like that it’s dark the art draws me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venus Rising

wow, the art is gorgeous! just signed up to be notified when this deck is available. I hope it's soon! 😄

I randomly stumbled upon this one online, shared the website with my friend and we were both in awe.

I dig the alien aspect to this deck beyond words.

Edited by Tagi

Metafizzypop

Waking up an old thread here... I have been waiting for maybe three years for this deck to come out. It looks like it's complete from what I can tell. I've been seeing pictures everywhere. But the deck was never published. What a disappointment. I've been waiting so long for this to come out and it looks like it's not going to happen. I don't know how an artist could create so much artwork and then just sit on it and do nothing with it. If it went on Kickstarter it would probably get funded in about 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Metafizzypop said:

Waking up an old thread here... I have been waiting for maybe three years for this deck to come out. It looks like it's complete from what I can tell. I've been seeing pictures everywhere. But the deck was never published. What a disappointment. I've been waiting so long for this to come out and it looks like it's not going to happen. I don't know how an artist could create so much artwork and then just sit on it and do nothing with it. If it went on Kickstarter it would probably get funded in about 5 minutes.

Are you sure it's complete??? I follow the artist on Insta and I don't think she's done yet. She posted her Temerance card in September 2020, and we haven't seen any new ones since. In fact, she hasn't posted to Insta at all this year. I suspect, like many creatives, she's had difficulties getting art done during the pandemic...

Metafizzypop

No, I'm not sure it's complete. I'm not sure about anything at this point. That's what's so frustrating about it.

The irony of it all is that when the deck finally does come out, assuming it ever does, it'll probably be so far beyond my price range that I won't be able to buy it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Metafizzypop said:

No, I'm not sure it's complete. I'm not sure about anything at this point. That's what's so frustrating about it.

The irony of it all is that when the deck finally does come out, assuming it ever does, it'll probably be so far beyond my price range that I won't be able to buy it anyway.

Maybe don't critique - or imply critique - of the artist for not sharing a completed deck when you don't actually know it's completed, then? 

Tarot decks take a ton of time to complete, especially for artists who also need to do paying work in order to buy groceries and pay rent etc. It's not at all uncommon for decks to take years to create - I know of some that took the artists decades. And tons of creatives have struggled during the pandemic especially, because stress and depression - which are things lots of people are experiencing, or have experienced - make it hard to get inspired, or have the energy to work on art. I get that that can be frustrating for those of us who love their work, but I think you're being a little unfair. Noctique doesn't owe you or me or anybody anything with regards her deck - especially a timeframe. It might never be finished, or she might finish it and decide she only wants to make a copy for herself. Either of those would be disappointing, but that's the risk you take with setting your heart on a WiP deck.

And yes, indie decks tend to be more expensive. That's the risk you take with indie decks. Nothing we can do about it, just hope we can afford it if/when it makes it to the crowdfunding/selling stage.

We all have to get along here and not argue in posts, we can be civil and respect each other even if disagree with each other. I want to hear what you both have to say about this deck never being released. There is no need to take a nasty tone, we are all members of this community.

The first of the rules here is to respect one another. I've removed one post that is argumentative. Please calm it down or I will have to lock this thread.

Metafizzypop
2 hours ago, Siavahda said:

Maybe don't critique - or imply critique - of the artist for not sharing a completed deck when you don't actually know it's completed, then? 

Maybe don't critique - or imply critique - of a poster for expressing honest disappointment at not being able to buy a tarot deck.

I apologise if I phrased things poorly/came off as a dick. Everything I said, I said to - I guess educate is the closest word I can think of to what I mean. I work with artists (I'm not one myself, can't draw a stick figure) and I see how hard they work and how little of that work people see, or appreciate. On sites like this, most of us are collectors, not artists; we have no idea, really, how much work it is to create a deck. That's what I was trying to say. I meant to defend artists, not browbeat anyone. Was trying to remind you of the other side of the picture, that artists are human too and don't owe us anything. 

Also, what I said about it being disappointing and frustrating about decks never being finished, or indie decks being expensive, was exactly what I meant. I wasn't being sarcastic or snarky. I was agreeing with you, with the attempted undertone of 'yep, this sucks, but it is what it is.' 

Again: sorry if I didn't phrase things as well as I should've. I really didn't mean to attack anybody.

According to people who have also been following it on another forum, at the last update there were still 9 cards to finish. She only has 29 up on deviantart.

I just emailed her to be notified when it is available for sale. I have to say I have come across MANY decks that took far longer than this.

Metafizzypop
1 hour ago, Siavahda said:

Again: sorry if I didn't phrase things as well as I should've. I really didn't mean to attack anybody.

OK. All right then. But I do know what's involved in an artist's work. I have projects of my own.

Metafizzypop
57 minutes ago, gregory said:

According to people who have also been following it on another forum, at the last update there were still 9 cards to finish. She only has 29 up on deviantart.

I just emailed her to be notified when it is available for sale. I have to say I have come across MANY decks that took far longer than this.

Hi there gregory. I hope you're doing well.

We're counting on you to let us know when it's available for sale!

7 minutes ago, Metafizzypop said:

OK. All right then. But I do know what's involved in an artist's work. I have projects of my own.

And people have different real lives. Let us just wait for a reply, thanks @gregory for asking.