Raggydoll

Flaxens 30 days of working with the moon

Thank you! [emoji4]

The Spreads and Possible Decks Plan:

DAY 23 – LAST QUARTER, WANING CRESCENT

Theme: Wisdom & Surrender

1. Where I need to have faith and trust that things will unfold as they are meant to

2. Something reassuring that I know, deep inside

3. How I can tap into my higher wisdom

DAY 24 – WANING CRESCENT

Theme: Joy & Celebration

1. Something that truly sparks joy to me (or ways in which to achieve this)

2. How to make more room for fun and laughter in my life

3. A nice thing I have to look forward to and to celebrate in the near future

DAY 25 – WANING CRESCENT

Theme: Reverence & Bliss

1. How I can bring in a greater sense of gratitude and reverence toward life

2. A way for me to strengthen my connection with the divine (or my divine nature)

3. A practical step that will help me further my spiritual practice (or strive toward my metaphysical goals)

DAY 26 – WANING CRESCENT

Theme: Forgiveness & Release

1. Something that I am done processing and ready to let go

2. What I need more time to grieve or accept

3. The key for me to extend loving acceptance and forgiveness toward myself

DAY 27 – WANING CRESCENT

Theme: Higher purpose & Divine nature

1. Something I need to know about my higher purpose

2. What makes me truly unique and invaluable to the rest of creation

3. A message from the higher unconscious (or spirit guides)

DAY 28 – WANING/DARK MOON

Theme: Shedding & Banishing

1. What is no longing serving me well

2. The best approach to gently and effectively release and banish this from my life

3. Something wonderful and nourishing to evoke in its place

DAY 29 – WANING/DARK MOON

Theme: Cleansing & Clearing

1. Steps to cleanse and rejuvenate myself so that I honor my sacred physical temple

2. What I need to clear out from my mental space (attitudes, thought patterns, stress..)

3. How to transform or cleanse my home so that it nourishes me (even further)

DAY 30 – WANING/DARK MOON

Theme: Rest & Replenishing

1. Why I need to make sleep and rest a priority right now

2. What will be able to manifest when I am replenished

3. Something I have felt pressured or stressed by that I would benefit from putting on the back-burner right now

Do you have any plans or strategies regarding what deck(s) you’ll be using? For me, this have been the perfect opportunity to rotate my decks - both tarot and oracles. Some of them I had barely used previously but now I’ve gotten a good feel for them. I must say that I have realized what a lovely collection I have, I found lots of forgotten gems. The only thing I have really not felt called to use are my historical decks plus my traditional RWS. I have also realized that my taste in decks have shifted slightly. It’s really interesting to contemplate these things. I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and following your process  <3 ((

Yes, I think I will have to use a mix of oracles and tarot.

I might make a rough plan of decks based on the questions and what I think will work well.

I might make a rough plan of decks based on the questions and what I think will work well.

A girl with a plan - I love it!!!  <3

DAY 1 – NEW MOON

Theme: Planning & Planting (Intention setting) - Spirit Keeper’s Tarot

1. The preparations required for me to make room for the new (= the thing I want to manifest)- The Shining Quarry

This is the equivalent to the Knight of Pentacles and so the immediate focus is on my material abundance. Like all Knights he embodies a quest - in this case it is a solid practicality. He speaks of a time to gather up my resources but to be methodical -

It’s an organic process and can’t be rushed.

He speaks of a time to focus on my Earth nature and what that means in terms of material attachments. As a guardian spirit he can help me come to the work I was born to do and use it to increase my access to the earth’s resources.

2. What I must do or prioritize for this seed to take root? The Chariot

I need to get back in the driving seat and focus. I’ve spent too long just drifting through and allowing myself to be buffeted along. It’s time to really focus my will and use that to propel me forward. This way I can be more discerning with the messages I receive.

It reminds me that I am capable of making the extraordinary happen, if I take control of what I’ve power over and release control from what I do not.

3. What I may need to forsake or put on the back burner to get the results I want. The Defector

From the LWB: This is the spirit of abandoned success. The

Defector is the spirit personification of abandoning one path to walk a contrasting and entirely different one. This is walking away from what you have otherwise devoted a great deal of effort to, and not looking back. This is the spiritual quest for that which will be more emotionally fulfilling.

This fills me with slight trepidation. In this position, it seems to signal that I need to let go of what I’ve already learnt and followed.

I’ve got a new mountain to climb but the rewards are more emotionally fulfilling compared to what went before. The bird flying overhead represents a guardian spirit who will oversee this new journey.

0c859c52fc642c144152b37e54af82f2.jpg

Flaxen, I get that it’s unsettling when that type of message (like The defector) comes forth. But it holds a lot of promise and potential, don’t you think? Did you see my final reading for the 30 days. This reminds me of the message I got. So I get the trepidation. It’s good that we can all support and accompany each other in this  <3 ((

Thank you, Raggydoll. :)

I was going to use different decks but I’m feeling a strong call to only use the Spirit Keeper’s for this cycle. It won’t be quite so interesting for people who like to see different decks but I think it will go deeper.

I was going to use different decks but I’m feeling a strong call to only use the Spirit Keeper’s for this cycle. It won’t be quite so interesting for people who like to see different decks but I think it will go deeper.

This is about you, not about entertaining others!! Do whatever you feel like  <3

That is exactly what I was thinking.  Depending of the questions I will select the deck that feels most appropriate.

That is exactly what I was thinking.  Depending of the questions I will select the deck that feels most appropriate.

I chose decks based on the questions too. But also, I will admit, there was times where I went for a less complex deck (one that I can do quicker readings with) because I didn’t have enough energy for an elaborate reading. I’ve also done certain readings on the fly, sitting in the floor in my kids room, and so on. I just jotted down the cards and the positions, took a picture and then wrote the interpretations a little later when I had the time. Whatever works for you at any given time, that’s the best option in my opinion!

As Raggydoll[/member] said you are doing this for yourself and nobody else. And it is healthy for my pocket if you guys stop showing off all those beautiful decks  :biggrin:

Love your reading of today. Letting go does not mean the same as forgetting and look out for the new things that are coming  <3

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Goals & Choices - Spirit Keeper’s

1.The situation and the path that I am heading on - Stronghold of the Vale

The Stronghold of the Vale is a positive sign and echoes the focus of the first reading - the offer and opportunities will focus closely on my material life. Her focus is on helping with the more mundane matters and how best to navigate that situation.

The advice when drawing the Stronghold is to draw another card to find out what her particular message is. I got The Corrupter. This is a really strong warning that my current perceptions are skewed. It warns me not to focus on illusionary success as all is not as it appears in this area.

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely) - Archangel Commander

The Archangel Commander appears when strength, conviction and courage are needed. He helps navigate inner and outer storms - defeating the demons within and without.

This speaks to me of the importance of actually confronting my personal demons. More often than not, it’s easier to skirt around them, acknowledging they are there but not doing anything with that knowledge. Have I bought in to the idea that those shadows are an inevitable part of me? What would happen if I slayed those demons once and for all? Perhaps I need to channel my inner Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :)

3. Advice when moving forward - The Chancellor

The Chancellor appears to tell me to make the necessary adjustments so that I can restore balance. The past actions are coming to fruition and I’ve reached the point where I need to recalibrate. What do I need to change to move back towards balance? Where have I focussed too much time? What is being neglected? It will be interesting to see what cards come up tomorrow and whether they reflect where I think an adjustment needs to be made.

dd98abd4d22a91aa5838cb3b8b3f653e.jpg

I must say that I love how you use the same deck for this, it makes it feel even more like a continuous journey and I’m so incredibly excited to see what these next days have in store for you. This deck is an incredible one, seeing your readings makes me so glad that I preordered the second edition for myself  :heartz:

I must say that I love how you use the same deck for this, it makes it feel even more like a continuous journey and I’m so incredibly excited to see what these next days have in store for you. This deck is an incredible one, seeing your readings makes me so glad that I preordered the second edition for myself  :heartz:

Thank you! It is an intense deck to work with but I do like to refer to the book as there is so much detail in it - it does slow the process down though.

Very exciting that you are getting the 2nd edition. :)

Thank you! It is an intense deck to work with but I do like to refer to the book as there is so much detail in it - it does slow the process down though.

Very exciting that you are getting the 2nd edition. :)

Yes. I was considering getting the first edition but wasn’t entirely sure. Plus I didn’t feel like it was the right time for me then. So I’m very glad that I got this second chance!

Hi Flaxen,

I love that you're using this deck too - I've pre-ordered the second edition, so it's lovely to see the deck in action. I'm also learning a lot from the way you're reading the cards. They've so much to say!

DAY 3 – WAXING CRESCENT

Themes: Motives & Motivation - Spirit Keeper’s

1. A key to motivate myself (and to keep me motivated)- The Force

This card counsels me to meet my fears and demons with love, kindness and compassion. Following on from yesterday, the best approach is not to slay them with violence but with love instead.

It also reminds me to be compassionate to myself throughout this process. Inner strength is needed and I’ll need to gently quell those inner selves which would try and delay this process.

2. The attitude I will benefit from - The Demiurge

This card builds the physical platform of our success. It will help me to focus on what I’m trying to achieve in these 30 days by taking those intangible ideas and making them work in the physical world. Focus on my progress, success and achievement will be helpful.

3. Where I could do with some tweaking (areas for improvement)- Archangel of Glory

This Archangel of Glory is a divine teacher of the arts and all forms of scholarship. He reminds me of a side of myself I have neglected. I’ve always been a natural scholar - academic and literary by nature. This side of myself has not had much expression at all in recent years. I see his presence here as a little nudge. He is also concerned with poetry, music and the arts. I have not written poetry for a while and perhaps I can use these 30 days to help with this.

A haiku to sum up the reading:

With gentle kindness,

Ideas are made manifest

Borne of the heart’s flame

1b6652ccfe3423d403f258579b1d3c34.jpg

I love the message of compassion and inner strength. Sometimes it’s just hard to really dedicate yourself 100% and not shy back when it becomes uncomfortable. That’s what I struggle with, but I’m motivated and inspired by your words and determination. Bit by bit I work up the courage to fully show up and claim my own potential.

DAY 4 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Competition & Comparison - Spirit Keeper’s

1. Areas where I tend to compare myself to others and to put myself down - The Bereaved

Wow! This is a hard hitting card in this position. This is the spirit of bereavement - sorrow, mourning, sadness and deprivation of love.

I had two very significant bereavements in my early twenties only a few months apart. At the time, I remember thinking that the grief was worse for someone else - for my Gran because she’d lost her son, for my sister because she was younger and had never lived away from home. Have I habitually played it down? Have I not allowed myself to recognise its impact because ‘someone always has it worse’? I’m going to need time to sit with this...

2. Something that I may perceive as a weakness or a flaw that in truth can be one of my greatest assets or blessings - The Shining Quarry

This is a repeat appearance. The Knights in deck are alchemical in nature and point to a change which can be made or an action to take. He points to slow, methodical, organic decision making regarding material matters.

It does take me a long time to reflect and take action on anything which is likely to affect family finances or my job. Being impulsive here is not comfortable for me! This card suggests that this caution is a good thing.

3. How I inspire and motivate others (perhaps unknowingly). - Stronghold of the Vale + The Malaise

Another repeating card - the messenger of the Earth element appears once more with something pertaining to my material world. In this case, is it saying that I inspire others in areas to do with work or finances?

As usual, I have picked another card to clarify her message. The Malaise is a difficult card to see here. It represents the wearing away of vitality and innocence in the wake of suffering. For me, it ties in strongly with the first card - the grief is precisely what led to my own loss of innocence and vitality. However, Benebell also describes this as the spirit of great strength. Perhaps, my particular inspiration to others is that I’ve taken some hard knocks and yet I haven’t given up. I summoned all the power I had to keep going. If I was brutally honest, I still do this every day.

Haiku for the spread:

A great grief takes hold,

great power holds back the dam,

tears trickle slowly

aaac78e2a7e6e12f0bcad90d045110ec.jpg

This reading strikes a chord with me. I have also lost several important people to me, as you know. And I believe that I did what you describe, and played down my grief in some ways. I also have family members that very much wanted and needed the center stage for that grieving process so that reinforced things a bit. It’s hard. I still have no answers other than that each person will and must do what it is that they need to do at every given moment. Sometimes we just get by. But the processing of grief goes on whether we realize it or not.

Giving you a hug, my friend  ((

Thank you, Raggydoll. A hug in return for you.

These 30 days look like they are going to go deep...

I think it is because you are allowing it to go deep and that you are ready for this to take place <3