Raggydoll

Jewels 30 days of working with the moon

I used a Selenite crystal with this reading for clarity of thought and its association with the Moon and Mermaids.

DAY 1 – NEW MOON

Theme: Planning & Planting (Intention setting)

Intention:  To improve my relationship with my partner.

Deck:  Mermaid Tarot

1. The preparations required for me to make room for the new (= the thing I want to manifest) – 2 of Cups

When I look at this card I see two very different beings in harmony, appreciating and enjoying each other, sharing themselves with one another.  The pink sky made me immediately think of the Rose Quartz Crystal, the stone of universal love that restores trust and harmony in relationships and encourages unconditional love.  The companion book focuses on this card being about someone new coming into your life, but for me it is about starting fresh making the old different and new.  Looking at my partner through fresh eyes and acceptance for his individuality and personality vs. resentment and judgement.  Changing my mindset about the relationship is the preparation required for me to make room for the new.  To be softer and bury my own hostilities to allow room for change.

2. What I must do or prioritize for this seed to take root – Queen of Cups Rx

This card depicts the Goddess Nammu through whom all things are made.  She wears a sea encrusted crown which is where her power is concentrated and allows her to “see creating within her mind’s eye first and then feel it like a living thing as it makes its way through her fingertips.”  As I look at the picture three things really stand out to me:  (1) The glow of the central sea shell of her crown that covers her 3rd eye and the way its glow illuminates her face; (2) her serene facial expression; and (3) the bubbly substance pouring out and swirling out of her chalice, which with the card reversed appears to be trailing to the depths of the sea – the depths of emotion.  In its reversed position it captures my present emotions of feeling overwhelmed as if being drug to the bottom of the sea by an undertow of heavy emotions and at the mercy of whatever happens next.  The companion book says that at these times we should hold on to her cup and use it as a life preserver until it rights itself.  In the context of this spread, I see this card as telling me to own how I am feeling and release that, and to concentrate on my intention and visualize it at a deep emotional level for the seed to take root and wait for the cup to right itself.  This actually ties in very closely with the message of the Star Card from the Dark Moon spread I did with this same deck, which I received as a message from my unconscious.  In the Queen of Cups Rx I release to heavy emotions into the depths, and in the Star Card of the Dark Moon reading release my intention into the universe.  Things are upside down, and I am struggling not to drown in the undertow, but release and intent they can be put right.  I must prioritize the relationship, and let go of the resentment.

3. What I may need to forsake or put on the back burner to get the results I want – Queen of Swords Rx

This Queen looks stern, cold, distant, and in control.  Tested and hardened.  The companion book says she is the Snow Queen – not from the stories of man but the real Snow Queen.  It says “she has real power, compassion, and intellectual prowess … she makes sure the world has a balance of silent, still restoration and busy, sun-filled days.  She is the keeper of reason, order, and harsh realities.”  She is also the peace keeper of the Kingdom and she has heavy responsibilities.  Reversed the companion book says this Queen means that “you are blasting people with your cold-heartedness more than you mean to.”  It goes on to remind me that I will also reap the “frozen, harsh energy I now sow.”  It recommends some quiet time and self-reflection.  I have been through a lot in this relationship and I do feel weary and battle worn.  The characteristics I attributed to this Queen and the book speaks of, in her reversed aspect, are ones my partner has given me – being cold, distant, withdrawn, and cold-hearted.  I never associated any of those with myself, but the fact is I am tired and worn out and without meaning to have been this way for quite some time.  This card tells me that I need to soften and forsake that attitude for my intention to take root, grow, and manifest.  And yes, I have been reaping the frozen harshness I have dished out, not realizing that I even dished out anything hence not accepting personal accountability for it.  This card puts it in my face, and points that I really need to self-reflect on this.

Just feel like giving you a heartfelt  ((

Ahhh thank you Joy  ((  You know sometimes you just have to process things, even ones you don't want to, to get them back on the right track this is what all this is about.  I am taking all the advice in a very constructive and positive way.

Just feel like giving you a heartfelt  ((

Ahhh thank you Joy  ((  You know sometimes you just have to process things, even ones you don't want to, to get them back on the right track this is what all this is about.  I am taking all the advice in a very constructive and positive way.

Yes I know that we have to process but still when the issues are tough to process... phew....  <3

Jewel, this was such a raw, honest and powerful reading. I’m amazed at your courage and your determination. I know the nature of your heart and it is so warm and caring. I think it’s great that you are trying hard to work on your relationship, it’s obvious how important it is to you and I truly wish the best for you both!

joy[/member] thank you for your empathy and compassion  ((

Jewel, this was such a raw, honest and powerful reading. I’m amazed at your courage and your determination. I know the nature of your heart and it is so warm and caring. I think it’s great that you are trying hard to work on your relationship, it’s obvious how important it is to you and I truly wish the best for you both!

Yeah well, what can I say this deck apparently does not hold back  X-D    Thank you for your support and encouragement.  I know I picked a very personal intention to focus on, but I had to.  Part of fixing things is holding oneself accountable instead of taking the easy way out and laying all the blame on someone else, and if the reading above is any indication I have been guilty of that.  I do not want to be that way, with him or anyone, so time to take stock and do something about it.  I can't control or change anyone else (nor do I want to), but I can certainly improve myself, and I am all about that.

joy[/member] thank you for your empathy and compassion  ((

Yeah well, what can I say this deck apparently does not hold back  X-D    Thank you for your support and encouragement.  I know I picked a very personal intention to focus on, but I had to.  Part of fixing things is holding oneself accountable instead of taking the easy way out and laying all the blame on someone else, and if the reading above is any indication I have been guilty of that.  I do not want to be that way, with him or anyone, so time to take stock and do something about it.  I can't control or change anyone else (nor do I want to), but I can certainly improve myself, and I am all about that.

Me too!  ((

(((Jewel)))

I admire your courage in facing up to what needs to change. Hopefully this process and the support here will help you. :heart:

Thank you guys.  I need to post my weekend readings but now way I will have time to do it today so I will be playing catch up with my posts starting tomorrow.

Thank you guys.  I need to post my weekend readings but now way I will have time to do it today so I will be playing catch up with my posts starting tomorrow.

Then we have something nice to look forward to  :heartz:

Then we have something nice to look forward to  :heartz:

Tomorrow I hope to post days 2-6, or as many as I can get typed up.  They are all done so it is only a matter of typing and posting  :D

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path that I am heading on – 5 of Pentacles Rx

If you look at this card upright, the guardian of this river seems to be juggling the pentacles, and the person on the bank is too wrapped up in his own misery to even see her or them.  Reversed, however, it seems as though he is pouring the pentacles out of his head and they float into the mermaids’ hands.  He is releasing them, yet she is collecting them for him.  She is not leaving.  In regard to my intention of improving my relationship with my partner, we both have aspects of the hopeless man and of the Mermaid waiting to be seen to help restore him.  But mostly we cannot see or acknowledge the other is there to help and support because we get so wrapped up in our misery.  This card shows that I am on the path of actually seeing my partner in a different light, a better light, and the manner in which he does support me.

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely) – King of Cups Rx

“King Triton is a master at getting below his emotions, below his ego, and seeing what is truly there.”  Through his cup and can see what is going on all around his kingdom, nothing escapes his attention.  Through his intuition he quickly knows where to focus his attention.  He is heart centered, has mastery over emotions, knows your truth, and is usually calm.  If there is one thing he cannot abide it is being deceived, when that happens he will lash out and if continually poked he will unleash his wrath.  I have always thought of my partner as more of a cross between the Knight of Swords and Knight of Wands, but reading the description of King Triton I see the reversed aspects of King Triton in him almost literally.  This card makes me consider a different approach to interacting with him, and giving him credit for his powers of observation and responding differently to him in certain situations.  I have focused more on his lashing out and anger and considering it very rash, but this card makes me pause and consider the underlying issues that bring it about in the first place.

3. Advice when moving forward – 4 of Pentacles

Here we see the mermaid perched on a rock combing her hair.  She seems to be like in a trance due to the repetitive motion.  She sort of knows what is going on around her but is disengaged.  This card points to how I have been approaching things.  Acting and reacting on an as need basis because I have been disengaged.  This card is telling me I need to reconnect and re-engage with home life.  To stop isolating myself and find new interest in the everyday happenings of my home and those in it.  This is good advice.

DAY 3 – WAXING CRESCENT

Themes: Motives & Motivation

1. A key to motivate myself (and to keep me motivated) – King of Wands

This King looks alert and on the ready to take action on anything that comes his way and face it head on.  He is clear in purpose and committed to fulfilling his responsibilities with assertiveness.  He knows that with great power comes great responsibility.  The key to motivating myself and staying motivated is to commit and take action on things instead of just dreaming about what I would like to do.  Put in the planning, effort, hold myself accountable to seeing it through.

2. The attitude I will benefit from – Ace of Pentacles Rx

Here we see a treasure chest.  The full scope of the wonders inside are hidden from us.  This could be real treasure, or for the skeptic maybe the only things of value are what you can see immediately and with nothing else of value inside.  This card reversed is about the blocked or negative attitude towards what we have and see, and undervaluing it.  This is something I am guilty of and this card tells me I would greatly benefit from applying appreciation of the things in my life that are right in front of me.

3. Where I could do with some tweaking (areas for improvement) – 9 of Wands

This card appeared reversed in my Dark Moon reading of 04/04/19 up the “How to find peace in the Darkness” position.  It was about me looking at how I go about doing things and assessing my inefficiencies, accepting responsibility for them, and making needed changes.  In this spread the card is upright indicating that I am progressing but there is still work to be done in this area.  I am on the right track.

Hi Jewel[/member] ! I've been offline for the past week and am just now catching up on everyone's new journeys. This is such an amazing 30-day experience, and it looks like you are already confronting some big issues and interpersonal things. So many court cards already. I love that you pulled a 2 of cups as what you want to manifest. These are lovely cards, too! I'm looking forward to seeing what you uncover in this process! xoxo -Day

DAY 4 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Competition & Comparison

1. Areas where I tend to compare myself to others and to put myself down – Page of Swords Rx

This card appeared in my Dark Moon spread of 04/04/19 in the “What the Dark Moon is incubating” position.  In that spread it referred to how I don’t always think through my decisions and the effect they might have on me or others.  They seem good at the time and I just make them without thinking further.  This Page is all excited and distracted by the cool shiny thing she found without realizing the damage she could do to herself because she has no clue what it really is or how to use it.  Much like her, I get excited and distracted, have all kinds of good intentions and become oblivious to any potential consequences.  This really bothers me about myself, and yes, I do compare how most people don’t seem to have this problem and I end up putting myself down because I feel stupid because it all becomes so obvious once things go wrong.

2. Something that I may perceive as a weakness or a flaw that in truth can be one of my greatest assets or blessings – 10 of Wands

Here we see the mermaid from the Volcanic Kingdom swimming through water filled volcanic ash and smoke which makes it hard to breathe.  On top of that she is carrying a heavy load of wands to the Fire Pearl Harvester (9 of Wands), a task which she completes day in and day out despite the risk, and her own exhaustion.  Despite the hardship the hardship and awful conditions she presses on, she accepted the job and she will see it through.  This card really describes how I often feel, but I made my choice knowing full well what it entailed just like she did, and like her I will see it through.  I do perceive my willingness to deal with the burden and conditions a weakness.  I have had countless people flat out say no one should have to deal with what I do, yet I do because I feel it is the right and honorable thing to do.  I am not sure if it shows my stupidity and stubbornness or the depth of my commitment and perseverance.  I do not pitty myself, I made the choice and I pay the price plain and simple.  But perhaps that commitment and perseverance as well as my mind set about it is a blessing.

3. How I inspire and motivate others (perhaps unknowingly). – 5 of Swords Rx

Here we see five mer-children of the Polar Ice Cap Kingdom playing with swords in their harsh, cold environment.  One of the mer-children as a cut on her hand that is bleeding into the water.  In this scene we cannot tell if she was injured by the sword of another mer-child or if she cut her self on her own sword.  The reversed card really makes the injured mer-child’s face stand out to me, it is very illuminated.  This makes me think she cut herself on her own sword.  The companion book notes that this card is about understanding that at some level we are responsible for what happens to us and that we should “allow this fact to liberate you and move forward.”  I do understand this, and have allowed it to liberate me so that my cuts do not consume me.  It is easier to blame someone else sure, but I know I had a role to play in how things turned out – hence my commitment to do my part in making them right again.  This card also shows the other kids having some responsibility too, because they chose to play the sword fight game so they were engaged in the activity.  This means that one should not heap all the blame on oneself, but own the responsibility that is yours.  Your choices are your own, so own them.  Does this aspect of me motivate or inspire others, I have no idea.

Hi Jewel[/member] ! I've been offline for the past week and am just now catching up on everyone's new journeys. This is such an amazing 30-day experience, and it looks like you are already confronting some big issues and interpersonal things. So many court cards already. I love that you pulled a 2 of cups as what you want to manifest. These are lovely cards, too! I'm looking forward to seeing what you uncover in this process! xoxo -Day

Hi Day Soleil, thanks for stopping by and for your support.  Today I am catching up on my posting.  I also loved that the 2 of Cups showed up in that position, and I am really enjoying the Mermaid Tarot.  I am facing some big interpersonal things, but it is time I do so head on just as the King of Wands from this deck would command me to  :D

DAY 5 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Commitments & Responsibilities

1. My experiences regarding commitments and expectations of others – 3 of Wands

Looking at this card makes me think the mermaids’ path is blocked and she is scoping out a way around her predicament using the wands barring her path as a stand to put her magnifying glass to carefully look at how she can take them down and move forward.  That goes to show you my defensive mind set!  The book on the other hand notes her ingenuity, how she has placed the wands and the magnifying glass to better look at what she is creating.  This card is about observing, not doing which is a bit different for the Suit of Wands.  What it says is that it is time for me to take a closer look at the expectations that I create in others, and as a result the commitment from me they expect.  That I am the one that created them so to look closely at my handy work before judging.  By doing that I can make needed adjustments in the expectations I create.

2. Potential blocks and challenges I have around traditions and responsibilities (internal or external) – Queen of Pentacles

This Queen is emerging from the water with the pentacle above her head reflecting the golden rays of the sun back into the depths of water.  The combination of the sunlight and water create and sustain life.  She is the Lady of the Lake and not someone to be trifled with, she knows how to command elemental energies to create.  To do this she has to care for herself as well as others, and this is a way of life for her.  As a result, her waters are healing and transformative, and it is from her water that all things are born and/or transformed including warriors and kings.  The companion book says “She has a talent for picking visionaries and innovators.  If she has revealed herself to you, she thinks you are worth more that you are currently investing in yourself.”  My blocks and challenges around traditions and responsibilities are due to me not fully investing myself in my own efforts.  I don’t push hard enough and follow-through is often lacking.

3. Advice on finding the approach that would work best for me – XIX The Sun

Here we see two mer-children on the ocean floor of the shallow waters, life teaming around them as the rays of the sun shine down into the ocean.  One seems to trying to catch the rays, the other watching at the beautiful fish as they swim circling the sun.  There is a sense of awe and wonder about this card.  The sun in the shallow waters brings warmth and combined with the water it brings life, the sun is a cornerstone of creation.  This card is telling me that my best approach is having a sunny disposition, one that is nurturing and warm.  A sunnier disposition will help me realize my intention of improving my relationship with my partner because it will bring positivity to the relationship.

DAY 6 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Exploration & Adventure

Deck: Mermaid Tarot

1. Something that I secretly yearn to experience or explore – 2 of Wands Rx

Here we see a warrior, from the Volcanic Kingdom, at his post keeping an eye on the conditions around him and surrounding the kingdom.  He is observing an erupting volcano, if he determines there is cause for alarm he will warn the kingdom.  To his job he has to be in a heightened state of awareness at all times, so much so that is part of his spiritual practice.  It is like he has a sixth sense his awareness and connection to his environment is so strong.  This is very much how I feel when at home.  Constantly watching for signs that an eruption might be coming, and assessing how much damage it might cause.  With the card reversed, instead of an eruption the card looks like a pressure leak that might keep the volcano from ultimately erupting, as if the energy and tension are releasing in a less volatile and damaging way, diffused if you will.  This is what I sincerely yearn to experience in my home life.  A more clam environment where arguments and tensions are diffused instead of erupting.  I am exploring ways to make that happen, but have not found the solution yet. 

2. Who or what has held me back in the past – King of Swords

This is Boreas, the god of the North Wind.  He has mastery and commands the wind and the winter season in direction and in intensity.  His job is a thankless one, a hard one, a lonely one.  It takes someone committed, and this is what he teaches us, the true meaning of being committed to ones ideas, ideals, and beliefs despite the price or toll it takes on you.  He understands that his role is important and also teaches us the importance of our own roles.  I have made a choice to move forward in my relationship because I believe in the commitment I made when I got married.  I often times feel the path to be lonely, harsh, and cold, but I made the commitment for the good and for the bad.  This choice and path is what has held me back, and still does though less now.  I cannot and will not leave my post, it is a sacrifice I do knowingly and willingly.  It is the harder path but the one I believe to be the right and honorable one.

3. What can help me to take the plunge; to chase after my dreams or fulfill my potential.  – 3 of Swords

What a grim card to get in this position, but it makes sense.  Here we see 3 mer-people mourning as the dying whale takes his last breath.  They are helpless to do anything that will change the outcome.  All they can do is “witness his passing, give thanks for his life, and ensure his energy passes to the vibrational world.”  This card is about realizing that there is pain and painful things we will experience in our life, it cannot be avoided.  But with it brings the promise of something new to come once it is done.  With these situations comes a spiritual lesson, one that is not always clear and may take time to understand.  I see this card as saying that I need to go through this painful experience, hold the space and realize that it is a sacred act as it will lead me to taking the plunge when the time comes.  It will provide me the strength and motivation necessary to do so, with no regrets.

OK I am all caught up!  :D

I really love that interpretation of the 3 of Swords - there is something sacred in properly being present and witnessing the passing. It seems respectful to the role of death to acknowledge it and the grief it brings.

It’s given me some extra food for thought as I pulled this card earlier in the week.

I really love that interpretation of the 3 of Swords - there is something sacred in properly being present and witnessing the passing. It seems respectful to the role of death to acknowledge it and the grief it brings.

It’s given me some extra food for thought as I pulled this card earlier in the week.

I saw that when I was reading your 30 day journey.  I really loved the interpretation of this card as well, I had never quite thought of it in that manner, but I do see the truth in it.

DAY 7 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Building & Expanding

1. The foundation that is now solid enough for me to start building upon (something that is worth building on) – 7 of Cups Rx

I this card we see the mermaid looking at all the shiny and forgotten things she has collected.  Things that have cluttered all aspects of her life, from the time she wasted chasing them down, the time they took away from things that really matter mentally, emotionally, and materially.  In the end they did nothing for her and she forgot she even had them, they were distractions that occupied her time, thoughts, and space while she neglected things that would add value to her life.  She is holding a white pearl in her hand.  In the reversed card the luminescence of the white pearl she is holding just jumped out at me.  It is not another new shiny thing to add to the collection, but something to compare it to.  The white pearl is a symbol of wisdom acquired through experience.  She now finally sees the distractions of the past for what they were and how they consumed her.  Now she is focused, engaged, and is recognizing the value in something instead of moving on to the next shiny thing.  This is the foundation I have built that is now solid.  My white pearl.  I am putting my relationship with my husband as a first priority.

2. A glimpse of what could possibly be achieved – 3 of Cups

In this scene we see the three mermaids putting on a tea party, imitating what they think humans do.  They are laughing and being silly, afterall they do not even understand why cups are needed.  The key here is the joy they share in each others company and the openness in their interaction.  Their carefree way of being silly and having fun.  The glimpse of what could possibly be achieved offered by this card is the possibility of being able to have this type of interactions and openness with my husband.

3. A good strategy to accomplish this – Knight of Cups

The dreamy Knight of Cups …. He gazes into a chalice as if scrying for answers.  Seems much like me using my Tarot cards and my 30 Days of Working With The Moon to improve my relationship!  Like him I am looking for a sign and some answers.  This card does not only suggest I continue doing this, but also suggests that I dream or fantasize about how I would like the relationship to be.  It also cautions me not to get lost in the dream or fantasy, but that I use it for motivation and to direct my efforts so I can manifest the dream.

The cards that I received with this theme really tie to the intention I set on Day 1.

DAY 8 – FIRST QUARTER, WAXING MOON

Theme: Money & Prosperity

1. The attitudes and choices that will aid me in attracting prosperity – 3 of Cups Rx

When I first saw this card it really had me scratching my head based on the theme of the spread, but when put in the context of intention of improving the relationship with my husband it made sense.  The first thing that got my attention was the golden tea pot and tea cups.  Reversed they appear to be falling, this tells me that it has nothing to do with material things or riches.  What this card is about, is that by focusing not only on my marriage, but also on other friendships which I have been neglecting will aid me in attracting prosperity into my life.  Prosperity in my case is about relationships in general.  By isolating myself from doing things with friends I get consumed by the problems in marriage and that is not healthy for me.  It also creates distance between me and my friends, friends that are part of my support system.  This attitude and choice needs to change, and I need to nurture all my relationships which will make me emotionally healthier, and as a result aid me in improving my relationship with my spouse.

2. A potential source of wealth that has been previously overlooked – 5 of Pentacles

This card showed up reversed in my Day 2 spread (theme: Goals & Choices) in the “something I might want to consider” position.  This card tells me that I focus too much on the problems in my relationship and not enough on the solutions.  As a result, I am not aligned with my intention and am “being guided by the problem, not the solution.”  A potential source of wealth in this area is a change of focus and mindset on my part.

3. What I will need to tackle in my journey toward abundance – Knight of Wands

“Sentinel duty is part of being a Knight of the court of fire.”  This knight is alert, responsive, and ready to act.  I can relate to this card well, it is how I feel when at home or dealing with my spouse.  The problem I have is that I am not applying the right skill set.  Possibly because I am being guided by the problem and not the solution, so not using the skills I have to resolve this appropriately.  My mindset and approach – being guided by the problem vs. the solution could be instrumental in this.  What skills to use and how to use them is what I need to tackle in my journey towards abundance in regards to my intention.

Day 7's cups-cups-cups was such a great spread for the intention you're setting! I love how the 3 cups turned up reversed in position one on Day 8. Almost like it wanted you to consider a different aspect of it. In Day 8, it almost looks like one of the mermaids plunged down and resurfaced to try to cheer up the huddled figure in the 5 of pentacles card. I'm really loving this mermaid deck, btw!

DAY 9 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Confidence & Authenticity

1. A truth that can set me free – King of Swords

This card showed up in my Day 6 (theme: exploration & adventure) “Who or what has held me back in the past” position.  King Boreas teaches us the true meaning of commitment not only to our ideals and beliefs but commitment in general.  Real commitment takes a lot of work and a lot of effort, and sacrifice.  He will not leave his post, period.  It matters not how cold or harsh the conditions are, he is there until the job is done.  It is not about being noticed, recognized, or appreciated, it is about doing what he knows is right and doing it.  This card is telling me that I have shown that in this relationship, appreciated or not, acknowledged or not, I have been and continue to do it.  I have nothing to be ashamed of in this regard, believing that truth can set me free.

2. A key to my authentic self – XVI The Tower

Oh joy! (NOT!)  This card really hones in on my inability or unwillingness to let go.  To not give up on a faulty foundation.  My authentic self is really good at denial when it feels it is fighting for a right and good cause.  Like King Boreas I will stand until the city falls.  What this card is telling me is that though that may appear noble, I should take a page out of the merfolk book and evacuate the city and once the earthquake has passed rebuild on a more solid foundation.  This does not mean giving up, what it means is instead of trying to hold on, I should let go, let the faulty construction go and rebuild on a new healthier foundation.  There is a fine line between commitment and stubbornness and I need to see the cracks in my foundation, shore them up and rebuild with purpose.

3. How I can build true confidence – King of Cups

Yet another card from a past spread during this moon cycle.  This card showed up reversed in my Day 2 spread (theme: goals & choices) in the “Something I might want to consider” position.  Here the card tells me I can build true confidence by understanding and applying the difference between emotionally charged words and actions, as well as use powers of observation to the get the full picture of situations, problems, and/or conflicts within the relationship.  That I need to learn to get below my emotions and ego so I can see what is truly transpiring and its effects so I can effectively respond.  A key to doing this is something I already have, knowledge that we are all at different emotional levels.  The key for me, one I know but struggle applying in my relationship, is that of being objective in my observations, and putting my own emotions and ego to one side when deciding what to say or do next.  If I can get this right I will have success and my confidence will grow.