Raggydoll

YlvaBlue’s 30 day of working with the moon

Thank you Raggydoll! I appreciate it :)

Now to prepare for tomorrow's reading....

DAY 1 – NEW MOON - Using the Gill Tarot

Theme: Planning & Planting (Intention setting)

1. The preparations required for me to make room for the new (= the thing I want to manifest)

2. What I must do or prioritize for this seed to take root

3. What I may need to forsake or put on the back burner to get the results I want

So I'm not saying I want to do auspicious soul work this month or anything, but the three cards I pulled are:

1. XX - Judgement

2. 0 - Fool

3. II - High Priestess

First off, the visual hit. In the Gill Tarot, the Judgement card is healing blues and greys and clean white. Serene, for sure. Chilled. The Fool is sunny and  bright and energetic. The High Priestess is earthy browns and shadowy blacks...but she wears a gown of the same healing blues I see in Judgement. My first instinct is to say: first I need to do some meditation, get myself into a calm and untangled frame of mind, then I need to leap into action, all the time using the techniques I used to start the process to control my subconscious, keep myself focussed.

All that, just from the colours.

It's also worth saying, I'm looking at my Personality and Soul cards here. Yep, that's right. Judgement is my Personality card, High Priestess my soul. Pretty much, what I aim to do this month is no less than the work I came here to do. Wild, huh?

So, the specifics of the cards themselves.

Funny thing about the Judgement card: I've never really understood how to read it. I understand the concept of Judgement day, but find myself getting confused by it and Justice. How are they not the same concepts? But this very week, somebody on my FB group shared Trump 20 from a different deck which had been renamed Harvest.

Aaah! Got it. To begin with, I need to think about what it is I want to reap from this process, then be deliberate in planting the seeds I'll need to get it. I need to get specific here: precisely what do I want to manifest from this month? What will it look like? The more specific I am, the greater my chance of success. There's no detail too small. It's like this: say I want to make a salad. I make my shopping list. Which works better: writing 'salad stuff'? Or writing, with bullet points, a full list: lettuce, tomato, croutons, ranch dressing?

You know, I write a shopping list when I go to the grocery store every Friday. Like clockwork. Do I put the same energy into the bigger decisions and processes in my life? I do not.

I will now.

So this weekend I'll write out a narrative of what this month will look like. I'll write it in the present tense, as if what I desire has already happened. I'll be specific. Dates, times, places. I'll get a little silly about it, a little carefree - use that Fool energy to inject it with life. The Fool will also ensure I don't start to second-guess or overthink. Go with my gut, let the narrative come to life. Troubleshoot on the trot: I know myself, I know which barriers I'll put into place. Well, use the Fool to solve them. Get it all down. He can do everything, because he doesn't know how to do anything. So he makes it up as he goes along and is way more effective than those of us who stick to doing things by the book.

And then, having written it all, put it to one side. Forget about it. The Fool, remember?  I've gotta just do.

As for the High Priestess, she's telling me now's not the time to go and do any shadow work. Now's not the time to do self-improvement work. Let my secrets wait, and not least because that's where my fears and doubts and anxieties live. It's also not the time to be passive, wait for things to come to me. Her time will come, but not now. Now it's time for the Fool.

Meditation, direct intention setting, fool energy. Got it. It's going to be an interesting 28 days....! 8)

Wow. I had goosebumps seeing those cards, knowing what you said about your goals and your spiritual journey. This is clearly going to be an incredibly powerful and transformative time for you  <3

;D I laughed when I saw them. It's like...so I guess this is a significant month, then? Subtle message, cards  >:D

I'm so pleased I signed up for this group, though: the cards validate the decision. Hopefully it'll keep me on track.

;D I laughed when I saw them. It's like...so I guess this is a significant month, then? Subtle message, cards  >:D

I'm so pleased I signed up for this group, though: the cards validate the decision. Hopefully it'll keep me on track.

Don’t worry about performing, do one day at the time. There is no pressure and we are here to support you!

What powerful cards to start the journey, wow! Like Raggydoll[/member] said, take it one day at a time. You will see it is much easier than you think. There seems to be an automatic pull and you get the energy and time to do it. And some days are easier than others. It all balances out perfectly.  <3

Thanks, both! I'm not worried about seeing this 30 day process through: I have a daily draw routine anyway, and I'm substituting this spread for that. It helps I'm not at work for the next two weeks, in any case. Hurrah for the Easter hols!

My concern is the project I'm talking about. I have a clear issue in mind for the coming thirty days - something specific I need to manifest - as well as a brand new project I'm starting. I have a lot of fear around the former, since it means me sloughing off old pains and emotions, facing old failures, reframing my narrative, working on self-worth. You know, just taking stock of my life so far, turning in a different direction for the next phase of my life. That sort of thing.

Knowing that dealing with this is my Soul project will stop my Aquarian mind from seeing something shiny and rush off to pursue it.

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT - Starchild Tarot

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path that I am heading on - King of Crystals

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely) - Justice

3. Advice when moving forward. - Four of Crystals

(NB: those of you who know Mary K. Greer’s Tarot Constellations know that Justice is the hidden card for those of us with 20-2 Soul/Personality Card Combo.)

The King of Crystals says: look. Look around. This is the life I’ve made for myself. Everything I have, or don’t have, the things I love, or hate:

See it all. Know that I manifested it without thinking, without trying, stumbling from choice to choice, reacting in the moment with fear or self-pity or joy or childishness or obstinacy.

Own it. It’s proof of my ability to manifest.

Now imagine what I can make if I do it consciously, aware of my power, guided by light.

What would my world look like then?

See it. Say it. Write it. Own it. Imbue it with power. Know that I can make it happen.

But Justice says: Don’t rush. Energy generated and directed will shape reality - that much is true.

Breathe through my plans. Hold them up to the light. Are they what I really want? Or are they what I think I want?

Measure them against Maat’s feather. When I see balance, only then move forward.

Four of Crystals says: All these lofty ideas and goals, this talk of meditation and mindfulness and magic: bring it down to earth.

Set times.

Set space.

Hold both as sacred.

Make them mundane.

See it in the every day.

Make it as natural as breathing.

I love your observation of bringing the spiritual into the mundane. Looks like you’re at the beginning of a powerful 30 days!

I love the message from the four of Crystals!

Me too! I just got this deck yesterday and this was one of the first cards to fall out when I did my first shuffle. I definitely think I have to read this deck a little differently than my others - it's very much a spiritual/soul guide.

I'll stick to it for the rest of this process, I think.

I love your observation of bringing the spiritual into the mundane. Looks like you’re at the beginning of a powerful 30 days!

Thanks, Flaxen! It seems so  :heartz:

DAY 3 – WAXING CRESCENT - Starchild Tarot

Themes: Motives & Motivation

1. A key to motivate myself (and to keep me motivated) Four of Swords

2. The attitude I will benefit from.  Seven of Wands

3. Where I could do with some tweaking (areas for improvement) Queen of Crystals

If I need motivation?

Do whatever I need to do to quiet my mind. Lay down. Dream. Watch TV.

Switch off.

Proof, if I needed it, that I am the only saboteur I need worry about.

In that case, the enemy is known and this is why this month is so important. I know what I do. I know why I do it, too: those moments in the past which left bruises and scars. I have a technique to deal with them now: I’ve learned to use tarot to rewrite memories, change their emotional hold.

It’s how to heal the scars. Which means I have no excuse. The same energy I’ve used to self-sabotage can now be used to self-heal.

If only I can stay focussed. The Queen sits amongst her crystals, back turned to the other energies: see how the 4 Swords and 7 Wands work together, interact with one another, support each other. But the Queen has her back to the battle. She’s counting her crystals, admiring her possessions…

:bugeyed:

She’s comfortable, this Queen, and so am I. There’s nothing wrong with curling up with my comfort, celebrating having won it for myself. But she’s a full stop in a sentence otherwise full of action and I find it too easy to let myself be her.

Relaxation: good. Necessary, even. But I need to watch myself, stay focussed. Start each day by saying my priorities out loud, stating my intention to my sacred space. Stay engaged and present and intent.

Sorry these are so long: I'm spending a lot of time sitting with the spread, though, and really digging deep. The moon deserves nothing less!

DAY 4 – WAXING CRESCENT - Starchild Tarot

Theme: Competition & Comparison

1. Areas where I tend to compare myself to others and to put myself down

2. Something that I may perceive as a weakness or a flaw that in truth can be one of my greatest assets or blessings

3. How I inspire and motivate others (perhaps unknowingly).

Queen of Cups

Oh, but she speaks straight from her heart. She can do that, because she knows her own heart. Knows the prayer each beat utters. Lives it.

Utterly authentic. All masks dropped. Her words come from the heart, and are the utmost expression of her soul.

My heart prays in just the same way. I hear it. But then it meets the swords of my mind and there’s reason and analysis and over-analysis and comparison and the prayer gets shredded. What emerges are the torn-up pieces, reassembled into a new truth.

I think that everybody else is the Queen of Cups. I see myself as endlessly searching for what ‘everybody else’ has found, and I’ve missed something important along the way. I’m wishy-washy, buffeted by this influence and that; successful people don’t work this way, they know who they are and it leaves them free to spend their life living it. It’s why I’ve not succeeded, and they have.

8 of Wands

My flaw: if i can’t do it fast, i won’t do it at all.

All the energy rushes into the starting of a project, then dissipates because it’s been wasted, and I screech to a full stop.

What if it’s not rush, what if it’s momentum? I look at the card, and I get the sense of a wand tossed into a river. Energy of the throw meets energy of the rushing water: the water doesn’t stop, neither does the wand. Flow and confluence.

Right now I’m a brick off a bridge. I can use this energy of movement differently. Consider using meditation, imagery, to help me jump into the flow.

2 of Cups

I never get this card. Ever.

Yet, here it is.

I’ve sat with it a bit this morning, and looked at the card, and looked some more.

She’s okay with herself. This girl in the card, she’s good. She’s got flaws and she’s made mistakes and she’s got regrets - all that stuff that comes from being alive - but she’s good.

She’s good. She likes who she is, warts and all. She knows how to be kind to herself, and how to forgive herself, and so…she’s good.

And I realised:

I’m okay with myself. I’ve got flaws and I’ve made mistakes and I’ve got regrets - all that stuff that comes from being alive - but I’m good.

I like who I am, warts and all. I know how to be kind to myself, and how to forgive myself,  and so…I’m good.

I’m a bit rocked by the message of the 2 of Cups. Yep, I’ve been looking outside of myself for that energy, and never found it…but here. It was here, all along, inside of me, directed towards myself. I always thought it was just me muddling along the best way I could, but this card tells me it’s more than that.

I need to put the Queen and the 2 side-by-side, don’t I?

The 2 is the response to the Queen: put down the cup, stop trying so hard. There’s nothing to look for, nothing to yearn for, nothing to try to develop: it’s all there, all ready. My heart has the answers. It’s time for me to centre my Self there.

First, you are not apologizing to us for sharing deliciously lengthy readings, are you? If you are, then stop that immediately!  ^-^ It is a treat and a privilege for us all to hear your thoughts and discoveries through this process!  <3

And secondly, oh wow! A lot of this resonate so much with me personally. I don't want to make this about me, so I'll try to rein myself in a bit, but haha, that will probably not be very successful. Honestly, I can relate with what you say about the Queen of Cups being everyone else. I have realized that it is very (and I mean VERY) important for me to find the right balance in how much I take in and get inspired by others, and how much I actually give myself the chance to be still and create for myself - without glancing at others or contemplate whether something has already been done before, and how it then has been done before. I need to actually remove myself and have some alone-time where I create and express myself in ways that are nourishing and feel authentic to me. No second-guessing, no analyzing. Just being and having fun with it. I wholeheartedly recommend that you do this, because I believe that you will find that you are actually already doing all the things that you observe other people doing or being.

Also, the momentum of the 8 of Wands is like a part of my soul essence. It is flow, determination, passion and sheer joy. It is gratitude and it is life. Truly living life. Blood rushing through your veins, air filling your lungs... Its the magic of the present moment.

And what you said about the 2 of cups put a smile on my face, as well as a warm feeling in my belly. What a beautiful thing!

Thank you for that, Raggydoll!  <3 I just start writing and writing and before you know it there's a looooong page. Can you tell I'm a writer ;)

As for your post.... I've copied out your description of 8 Wands energy in my notebook, because that's definitely the energy I need to embrace! It's a wonderful addition to my notes from these cards.

I'm sooo pleased I signed up for this 30 days of work. It's honestly giving me the shake-up I need.

Edit: I'm new to the forum and will poke about a bit so I can learn how to post pictures. The Starchild has a very particular take on the cards which will help y'all see where I'm coming from with some of my interpretations. Honestly, I could write swathes from each reading using this deck. It's so alive!

To post pictures, click on Attachments and other options, right below the white box where you type your post. Then click on attach and choose an image from your phone or computer. Make sure it’s not too large or it won’t upload (maximum 1000kb)  :thumbsup:

Tack så mycket! I'll see if I can make that work tomorrow.

(Also: Visby is my favourite place in the world, closely followed by Stockholm...)

Tack så mycket! I'll see if I can make that work tomorrow.

(Also: Visby is my favourite place in the world, closely followed by Stockholm...)

Varsågod! That’s wonderful! I live in the northern parts, so if you imagine lots of trees, snow and a couple of reindeer then that’s pretty much it during the winter time. We also get the northern lights from time to time.

DAY 5 – WAXING CRESCENT - Starchild Tarot

Theme: Commitments & Responsibilities

1. My experiences regarding commitments and expectations of others 2 Wands

2. Potential blocks and challenges I have around traditions and responsibilities (internal or external) Queen Cups

3. Advice on finding the approach that would work best for me Ace Cups

This is normally where I wax lyrical, but 2 Wands is succinct. There’s been very few expectations from others; my ability to commit is limited, short and sketchy. There’s been some good intentions, but mostly all that’s come from them is a world of empty space.

And, bam, Queen Cups is back. Yesterday a flaw, today a block.

Here’s what I think: I was born to be a Queen of Cups. Forty-four years of living, of hard experience, of loss and grief and rejection and failure and pain…I think of myself as the Queen of Swords, will always choose her as my significator, consciously channel her energy. Survival.

Beneath the sharp and scratchy edges, the Queen of Cups is waiting. She’s who I become when I’m not on guard, disappearing into other people’s energies. Subsumed by them, sometimes…

And I’m right back at one particular period in my life, when I was still very young, and this Queen of Cups tendency of mine, this empathic tendency of mine, to feel what other people are feeling, to take on other people’s energies, to become - briefly - the emotional twin of that person…oh, it wasn’t good. I was quite lost.

Stayed so, for a while. It was trauma: I had my own, and then I took on the energetic load of other people’s trauma too. I’ve been carrying it around with me ever since, a tangled wound from one particular summer.

No wonder I protect myself now. No wonder I found a cocoon and have lived there ever since. No wonder I won’t commit myself. I’ve been lost. That can never happen again.

There’s my fear stated, do you see? And luckily there’s a response:

here’s Ace Cups, gently and lovingly reminding me that then is not now

here’s Ace Cups, gently and lovingly reminding me to be gentle with my heart

here’s Ace Cups, gently and lovingly reminding me to release my fear

here’s Ace Cups, gently and lovingly reminding me to rediscover faith

here’s Ace Cups, gently and lovingly reminding me it is possible to start afresh.

Love your take on the Queen of Cups here and can relate to identifying more with the Queen of Swords. She reminds me of the type of mother who tries to ‘toughen up’ her children to help them deal with the inevitable knocks in life.

Thanks for that, Flaxen: that's exactly it.

This 30 day process is really digging deep, isn't it? I've had an 'aha' moment with every day so far...

This 30 day process is really digging deep, isn't it? I've had an 'aha' moment with every day so far...

That is so cool! I hope you don't get too drained from all this soul searching though. Make sure you practice self care and treat yourself to things that nourishes you  <3