Sign in to follow this  
libra

Libra’s 30 days of working with the moon

True to the energy of an Aries New Moon, I'm going jump right in here to see how I do with doing 30 days of spreads! I'm planning to go back to the basics and use my Universal Waite deck, at least until another deck screams for attention.

DAY 1 – NEW MOON

Theme: Planning & Planting (Intention setting)

1. The preparations required for me to make room for the new (= the thing I want to manifest)

The Hermit RX & The Chariot

2. What I must do or prioritize for this seed to take root

3 of Pentacles

3. What I may need to forsake or put on the back burner to get the results I want

The Fool

While shuffling, I was putting the intention out there that the seeds planted today would be along the lines of "becoming better connected with spirit" to put it in the most hippy terms I can, to become better aligned with my own truth.  I sit here thinking about all of this as internal work, but the cards here are really telling me to get out of my head!  That Hermit RX being the most obvious about it.  Hanging around upside down like that gives some echos of The Hanged Man, but it also turns his enlightenment on his head, so to speak.  It is funny, because the way that I understand The Hanged Man is actually more true to what I was picturing as the seed - with The Hanged Man being about going deep into yourself to find that inner truth, and holding onto that to find peace through any situations that come.  That peace and inner understanding is shown through the halo of The Hanged Man, whereas The Hermit RX has that light in his lamp, and the tone of the card just feels a bit more sad when it's upside down.  I often see The Hermit as someone who's done a lot of that spiritual exploration, and now he's got a candle in his window, so to speak, that guiding light for people to come home to.  The reversal feels a lot like, perhaps, he's been waiting and waiting and not had "his tribe" make it to him - which VERY much rings true for me!  I'm definitely someone who feels like an outsider nearly everywhere, even when I'm welcomed in with open arms, there's a bit different about me that I don't really feel "in"

Then, we drop into The Chariot, who jumped with The Hermit.  The Chariot feels like the guiding force of all of the Knights in tarot, and I've been pulling a lot of those recently, the Knight of Swords in particular.  There's really a lot of energy in these cards, a "start your engines!" type of feeling.  I see myself much more as a Queen of Swords type of person, so having the Knight come through so often instead is definitely echoing that "get out of your own head" sort of message and is asking me to, instead of overthinking everything and waiting for situations to come to me, to get the ball rolling in my own life and trust my instincts and just get out there!  The Chariot feels like a promise from the universe, that says that should I take the bait from the cards and start to embody that Knight of Swords more, The Chariot is there to help keep me on course, ensure that I stay on track. 

Next we come to the 3 of Pentacles to talk about what I need to prioritize, and what I'm getting from this is more of that reversed Hermit energy.  I think that I often build up that feeling of isolation by myself.  It's not that I'm actually seen as an outsider everywhere I go, but that I look for differences to keep myself separate - or, seeing that little man standing on his bench so that the others have to look up to look him in the eye, to keep myself feeling better - rather than truly looking at the fact that I'm often in a circle of people with the same goals.  I truly believe that my best self has something to learn from everyone I meet, but recent traumas have left me feeling quite small and vulnerable and instead of embracing the support that I could be receiving, I try to build up how I'm perceived so that I'm not having people look down on me.  If removing that isolated feeling of The Hermit RX is the seed that I am planting, this 3 of Pentacles is asking me to allow myself to be seen as I truly am so that I can connect with others on a more real level, and then I'll have an easier time to see that we are all on this journey together!

And finally, I need to look at what needs to go on the backburner, what needs to be foresaken, and here we have The Fool.  My favorite understanding of The Fool is to see him as a tumbleweed, which so many people think of as a dead ball of foliage, but actually is only dormant. When it finds water, it takes root, takes sustenance and grows again, only leaving once that area has been tapped out.  The Fool does the same through The Major Arcana, and thus, life - allows the wind to take him to wherever, drops in and learns the lesson from that area and uproots and moves on when that lesson is done.  Most people, when they speak of setting down roots, intend for it to be the long haul in that space, but that isn't the truth for The Fool, and with the traumas in my life, I've really had trouble truly calling any place "home".  I was partially adopted, while still living part time with my genetic family, I spent most of my early adult years living with partners who didn't really give me my own space in their homes and now, even having been in the same city for a decade, it's not "home" to me.  You do get homesick living with this mindset, because there never really feels like a true home, and that mindset is something that I'm needing to let go of!

Ooph.  I'm now remembering why I don't often do a full month of spreads - I tend to get these big huge messages right off the bat and it's like ... I want to process and do the work!  I think this set of spreads is so tied into each other though, that the next days should be more in line with actually doing that work, rather than just dumping another big message on me!

~~~

Tally: 3 Majors, 1 Minor, 1 reversal

The Fool x1

The Chariot x1

The Hermit RX x1

3 of Pentacles x1

How cool that you decided to join us! The whole process is designed in a way that I hope will feel somewhat organic. The intention was to provide a special flow where every new theme builds on the past one. Not sure if I fully succeeded but I am very proud of what I did accomplish when I put this together. I hope you will like it too!

How cool that you decided to join us! The whole process is designed in a way that I hope will feel somewhat organic. The intention was to provide a special flow where every new theme builds on the past one. Not sure if I fully succeeded but I am very proud of what I did accomplish when I put this together. I hope you will like it too!

Oh yes you did succeed, it is a journey and it is not over after the 30 days  <3

Great reading libra!

I looked through the spreads and it did feel like it would flow as growth on top of each reading every day, rather than a fully new topic each time, which is what really drew me in (on top of seeing everyone's great reasons every day!)

Thank you for creating this!

I looked through the spreads and it did feel like it would flow as growth on top of each reading every day, rather than a fully new topic each time, which is what really drew me in (on top of seeing everyone's great reasons every day!)

Thank you for creating this!

You’re welcome  :heartz:

Oh yes you did succeed, it is a journey and it is not over after the 30 days  <3

Great reading libra!

Thank you, joy[/member]!

DAY 2 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Goals & Choices

1. The situation and the path that I am heading on

The Emperor

2. Something I might want to consider (another approach or another option/path entirely)

Queen of Wands

3. Advice when moving forward

Ace of Pentacles

It's kind of interesting, the thoughts that are coming up with The Emperor, because what I'm getting from him is a sense of impostor syndrome. He doesn't look entirely comfortable sitting in that concrete throne, and his eyes move sharply to the side, watching something out of scene carefully.  He's got lush robes in the colour scheme of his landscape, but they don't fully hide the armour he wears below.  To me, he's feeling like a man of action who's found himself in this position of power, where people are expecting him to be making decisions and declarations that reach far beyond himself, when maybe he got there by making some rash decisions and snap judgement that panned out well. There is a bit of a "how did I get here" vibe from him, which is interesting considering the spread position is "the situation and the path that I'm on".  It kinda feels like I'm on the path to become a great success at something, but when I get there I'm going to be kinda doing the same "What am I doing here, in this position?" that I see in this card.  Which makes sense, we just had a meeting at work, and my manager just laid out a plan to have me promoted within the next year or less and from there, it's one solid jump into her position. Now, for anyone reading along here, I'm a granola munching festival chasing hippy who works in a bank.  When thinking of myself as a bank manager, I get that side-eye face too! 

Pulling myself out of the roscharch-esque style of reading, Lindsay Mack recently did an amazing podcast episode where she talks about The Emperor, bringing in the idea that The Emperor carries the same energy as a mountain, a sequoia, everything in the world that can just take up their own space, and that's been something that has been coming up for me a lot recently.  Even yesterday's reading, with The Fool not putting down deep roots echoes into this.  Because, who is more rooted and commanding in their own space than The Emperor?  Anyway. I know the work that I need to do with this card to be able to regain that sense of my own intrinsic owning of space, so I'm going to move forward in the spread!

To the Queen of Wands, as another approach.  It's so funny how this card is an echo of The Emperor, actually - she sits in a throne as well, but her posture is totally different - straight upright, feet apart and planted, staring up and to the future, instead of back off to the past.  To me, this is all about a mental shift, rather than beating a new path or anything like that.  This card is about knowing what I truly want from life - and not just the surface portion, but the deep feeling underneath all of that, and being able to pull that out into the things that I can do in my life.  It's about expressing that passion unapologetically. There's no impostor syndrome when you're a witch.

And the moving forward advice is The Ace of Pents. It's a new dawn, a new day, a new life for me.  And I'm feeling good.

~~~

Tally: 4 Majors, 1 Court, 2 Minors, 1 reversal

I The Fool x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

IX The Hermit RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

My boyfriend co-opted my reading room for a project, so my readings are on hold :/

My boyfriend co-opted my reading room for a project, so my readings are on hold :/

What a bummer! I can relate. I had to get very creative during my 30 days. Some readings were done on the floor in whatever room that was empty. It was especially fun one time where I had to use the kids playroom and create a sacred space among all their LEGO  ;D

Hope you can get back soon.  This project is pretty powerful and rewarding.  I look forward to seeing the rest of your journey.

Could you get a tarot app and use the free draw option? It seems a shame to have to stop the process cold.

DAY 3 – WAXING CRESCENT

Themes: Motives & Motivation

1. A key to motivate myself (and to keep me motivated)

Knight of Wands RX

2. The attitude I will benefit from

XIV Temperance

3. Where I could do with some tweaking (areas for improvement)

Ace of Wands

This is definitely a pertinent spread theme for the day, since I stayed up pretty much all night watching an F1 documentary on Netflix and didn't want to get out of bed, let alone read tarot, this morning!  I'm feeling pretty stalled out, which makes the reversed Knight of Wands seem pretty pertinent.  This card has a lot of connections into previous cards pulled - I see the Knights as being ruled by The Chariot, it's of the Wands suit, when I just had the Queen show up yesterday, and this is the 2nd reversal I've pulled when I don't actually shuffle in reversed cards. 

(note:  all of the above was written about a week ago.  Jumping back in now!)

A key to motivate myself can be found in the reversed Knight of Wands, who is like ... up there with the speediest of the Knights, and this reversal kind of speaks of him tripping over himself to me.  He's impulsive and urges his horse forward, even when his horse bucks up and asks him to slow the pace down.  I'm kind of reminded of sled dogs, who are bred not only to be strong enough to pull a sled at a human's command, but to disobey and follow their instincts and stop when the human is urging them forward into danger.  The Knight of Swords, left to his own devices upright is so impulsive and rushes into things without trusting that instinct, while the reversal is showing that ignoring that inner voice can lead to a stumble.  Motivating myself to get out there and do things doesn't have to be this full speed ahead without thought, and embodying the Knight of Wands and doing that could actually be detrimental to me.  The reminder in this card is to trust my gut, slow down when I need to, but not allow that slowing to stall me out totally either. 

take-it-easy-dude-but-take-it-sage-1002353.png

The attitude that I will benefit from is Temperance, which is also my Year Card right now (and I've been kinda slacking on exploring that, it's April already, that's like halfway through it, I've really gotta get on this!).  One thing that I find interesting about Temperance is that despite all of the water symbology in the card, it's associated with Fire, especially when you notice the elemental symbol for Fire on the angel's robes.  That means that every card in this spread about motivation is a fiery energy, with that internal drive being the focus.  I'm an air sign through and through, though with my Mars in Aries I do have a fiery streak when something really matters to me.  The chillness of being a Libra means that I usually don't let that fiery Aries out to play too much.  The other aspects that are fire in me are my Saturn & Uranus are in Sagittarius, which is actually the sign that rules over Temperance!  This all really does tie right into that reversed Knight of Wands.  Sagittarius is so exuberant and expansive, while Saturn reigns that in and shows where the boundaries lie.  Temperance is all about blending those extremes and creating something bigger than the sum of it's parts.  The rising sun in the background with the crown shining through it, the path leading to it, it's like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but front and center is the angel taking the time to blend water in her cups, to balance on foot on ground and one in the water.  This card feels like one that reminds me to not get lost in thinking that I need to know the end goal, that I have to be chasing down some hypothetical crown.  The attitude that I need to be adopting is to truly live in the moment, to make the most of what I have right now, and to see how the world will turn to bring what I need to me if I allow it to. 

Now, the tweaking that I need to do is in the Ace of Wands. 

anigif_sub-buzz-21879-1522682202-19.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Ok I just needed to get that out of my system.  The Ace of Wands is truly the root of the suit of Wands, the seed of passion, creativity in the tarot deck.  It's a blessing and an offering, and I think that the message in this card doesn't need too much digging into.  It's simply asking me to take those blessings as they come to me, to allow that seed to crack open and grow.  It's to see that the soil around me is rich and that even if some leaves fall, others are growing too. 

~~~

Tally: 5 Majors, 2 Courts, 3 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

IX The Hermit RX x1

XIV Temperance x1

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

DAY 4 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Competition & Comparison

1. Areas where I tend to compare myself to others and to put myself down - 6 of Pentacles

2. Something that I may perceive as a weakness or a flaw that in truth can be one of my greatest assets or blessings - The High Priestess

3. How I inspire and motivate others (perhaps unknowingly) - The Tower

An area where I compare myself to others or put myself down is seen in the 6 of Pentacles.  See, I'm recently 30 years old, I'm in a solid career level job, but I also live in an insanely expensive area and despite making a pretty decent salary, it definitely feels like I'm always just scraping by.  There've been times in the recent past where I've had to beg some cash off my parents to ensure that my rent is covered or my car insurance doesn't bounce.  The thing about working where I do is I do end up seeing others my age or younger who are far beyond where I am in life, who actually are able to get the funds for a down payment or have better credit or whatever.  It's like ... I actually am really proud of myself for getting to where I am all things considered, but at the same time, it does become easy to do that compare and contrast with people who haven't had the roadblocks that I have come across getting to where I am.

Now, the real struggle in this spread.  Figuring out in what way I see The High Priestess as a weakness or flaw, because this is my Soul Card and I'm pretty damn happy about that!  I guess that I do see this card as a fairly lonely one though.  The knowledge and mysteries that she carries can keep her isolated.  As well, that sheet between her and sea seem pertinent - instead of spending her time basking on the beach, she's dressed in those robes, sitting on a hard seat, the cloth behind her cutting her off from the peace of the sea while she play her role as the keeper of knowledge.  As a weakness, she remains unknown and on her own with that.  As an asset or blessing, though, carrying that knowledge and that intuitive knowing means that I'm rarely left in the dark about myself . 

I'm really not surprised to see The Tower as how I inspire or motivate others.  The Tower is a very powerful card in my history and one of my greatest guides.  I'm all about breaking down all the shit that piles up and becomes too big for it's own good.  I'm all about not allowing walls built to protect, to become cages.  There's such freedom and liberation in this card, even if it comes with the fear and pain associated with that.  I'm never going to say that the work of The Tower is easy or pretty or comfortable, but I'll always take that discomfort over allowing myself to be constrained!  The pain of the breaking lasts less long than the pain of being bound. 

~~~

Tally: 7 Majors, 2 Courts, 4 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

IX The Hermit RX x1

XIV Temperance x1

XVI The Tower x1

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x1

DAY 5 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Commitments & Responsibilities

1. My experiences regarding commitments and expectations of others - Queen of Pentacles

2. Potential blocks and challenges I have around traditions and responsibilities (internal or external) - Knight of Cups

3. Advice on finding the approach that would work best for me - Knight of Pentacles

Well hello there Courts!  More Knights, of course...

The Queen of Pentacles here looks sad to me.  Like, she's sitting there, bent over her oversized coin, everything is growing and living around her, and there's just a sadness on her face and in her posture, especially her hands, the way she holds the coin.  It's like she knows the value of what she has, but is also like ... What am I meant to do with this?  And hey, that may be totally off of what the Queen of Pentacles "means", but I've always believed that the very first impression from a card holds a ton of value to the reading, especially when you're reading for yourself!  So, when it comes down to it, it's like, I see the expectations that people hold for me, and I know that it's for the best, but at the same time, there's an inherent resistance, and that comes from a disconnect between seeing the value and applying that value to myself.

The potential blocks and challenges that I carry around traditions and responsibilities is shown in the Knight of Cups, and in this case, it's speaking to me about perfectionism.  If what I'm doing isn't picture perfect, I'm not really into it.  It's very much an image thing, less about the experience and more about how I'm perceived doing it and if I'm able to live up to looking immaculate and effortless as I do so.  If I can't - I don't especially want to.

The Knight of Pentacles has a bit more of a vibe of just getting in there, getting down to it, being prepared to get my hands dirty.  Hell he's even wearing gloves.  The Knight of Pentacles says that it doesn't matter how long it takes to get there or if you have to trample through some mud - just assume that you'll need to and the effort will pay off.  He tells me that no one actually has it all as effortlessly as that Knight of Cups and his pure white horse and his lucky fish robes.  That's the picture that they share - after hours of getting tidied up and mastering the perfect pose and deleting all of the ugly images. 

3dcb6569542cf9b9b7970abefbad5364.jpg

~~~

Tally: 7 Majors, 5 Courts, 4 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

IX The Hermit RX x1

XIV Temperance x1

XVI The Tower x1

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x1

Knight of Pentacles x1

Queen of Pentacles x1

Knight of Cups x1

DAY 6 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Exploration & Adventure

1. Something that I secretly yearn to experience or explore - King of Pentacles

2. Who or what has held me back in the past - Knight of Wands

3. What can help me to take the plunge; to chase after my dreams or fulfill my potential - 8 of Swords

Sometimes I feel like I must have ... almost shuffled perfectly, but missed the mark by a tiny bit.  Because all rationality would say that the 8 of Swords and the Knight of Wands ought to be reversed here!  But, I do trust my cards and the messages that they bring, so I'm gonna dive in.

So that yearning to experience is definitely more on the experience side than the explore side, with the King of Pentacles.  Growing up deeply impoverished on one side of my family and middle class enough to always have food on the table and the chance to actually take vacations on the other side left me with this weird dichotomy, but also this fear that no matter what I have and how comfortable I am, it could all be taken away at any time.  My dreams aren't filled with wild exploration, but with stability, roots, comfortably.  I crave the feeling of being self-sufficient and the knowing that it won't all be ripped out under my feet.

With that in mind, it does become more reasonable that the Knight of Wands would show up in what has held me back in the past.  The Knight of Wands is reckless, thoughtless even.  He's so impulsive that planning ahead isn't a thing with him, and he's never in one spot long enough to build those roots.  I never thought I'd make it to 28 even, and that really did change the way that I lived my life.  With no vision of my own longevity, decisions were always made under the basis of what felt good in the moment, and while I don't really have regrets about that ... well, there's a lot of unlearning to do, and a lot of new pathways to build in my brain that are less transient-based.

And then we have this bound up, miserable girl standing resolutely in the mud as what's going to help me take the plunge, to chase my dreams.  Resolute might be the keyword here.  A while back, a bunch of friends decided to rent this huge house together, with it being affordable because everyone chipping in.  About a month into a year long lease, one girl let us know that she couldn't afford to stay both here and pay the rent on the apartment she moved out of, and we were like "...Why are you still paying rent there, you moved?" and she went "well, I'm moving back there, good luck with the lease, byyyyye!"  Naturally, people were pretty upset with her for not really being open about what her intentions were - we had all gone all in, under the assumption that we had ALL gone all in together, and she hadn't.  At one point, she accused me of always running away and needing to look at that, and I'm like "Girl, you're the one literally running."  But, that accusation stung, and anything with a bite like that does hold some truth.  But that was a time of my life where I was very much making an effort to hold on past ephemeral discomfort, if my inner voice told me that the outcome would be worthwhile.  Her dig felt like a read on who I didn't want to be anymore and it took a lot of looking at to decide that she was making judgements based on a past vision of me, in a life that she didn't even see.

I know that every time I ran in my life, there was a damn good reason.  But that is the way my brain is wired now, and that flight reflex is still strong.  It's not going to go away if I'm not making an active effort to change that, and that means that sometimes I'm binding myself up in the mud and holding strong there. 

~~~

Tally: 7 Majors, 7 Courts, 5 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

IX The Hermit RX x1

XIV Temperance x1

XVI The Tower x1

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands x1 RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x1

Knight of Pentacles x1

Queen of Pentacles x1

King of Pentacles x1

Knight of Cups x1

8 of Swords x1

DAY 7 – WAXING CRESCENT

Theme: Building & Expanding

1. The foundation that is now solid enough for me to start building upon (something that is worth building on) - 4 of Swords

2. A glimpse of what could possibly be achieved - Knight of Pentacles

3. A good strategy to accomplish this - 6 of Pentacles

Ok well I mean 4s are inherently solid foundations, that's like a THING about them, but the 4 of Swords?  And like, with the stained glass in the background that echos the 6 of Pents that shows up later on.  So my foundation is like me laying back and keeping that strategy of the 6 of Pentacles in mind.  Mindful, so I'm getting some Law of Attraction vibes from this little pairing. 

A glimpse of what could be achieved is the Knight of Pentacles, which isn't the true solid depths of that stability that I wanted from the last spread, but it is in the same family, it's like on the journey towards that.  And going back to other readings, the Knight of Pentacles is a kind of foil to the Knight of Wands, showing a path that allows forward momentum, but without that impulsive rush that the Knight of Pentacles brings. So I've got this potential to get my feet on the road toward the path that I want to be on, and falling back into Law of Attraction type activities is the foundation for me.  I've always been a fantastic manifestor, if I can picture something, I can draw it into my life. Hell, I brought an entire new family to me when I found my first one to be unable to meet my needs.

So fall back into my manifesting strengths, using the strategies of the 6 of Pentacles.  This is all about giving and receiving, it's keeping that flow going.  Give where I have an abundance, receive where I am lacking, and do both with neither pride nor shame. 

~~~

Tally: 7 Majors, 8 Courts, 7 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

IX The Hermit RX x1

XIV Temperance x1

XVI The Tower x1

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands x1 RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x2

Knight of Pentacles x2

Queen of Pentacles x1

King of Pentacles x1

Knight of Cups x1

4 of Swords x1

8 of Swords x1

DAY 8 – FIRST QUARTER, WAXING MOON

Theme: Money & Prosperity

1. The attitudes and choices that will aid me in attracting prosperity - 8 of Swords

2. A potential source of wealth that has been previously overlooked - 4 of Pentacles

3. What I will need to tackle in my journey toward abundance - 9 of Swords

This is like ... of those readings that super quick and easy to read.  The attitude that will aid me in attracting prosperity is to hold strong and not go chasing every butterfly that crosses my path.  It may take even cutting off my access to things that may tempt me to stray.

A potential source of wealth is to stop letting it go, for goodness sakes Libra, keep track of where your money is going and know where you can stop spending frivolously.  (Do you realllllly need to go out for dinner or can you use that wealth of veggies in the fridge?)

What I'm gonna need to tackle is all of those mental barriers, that tendency to follow a train of thought from old programming down this rabbithole of feels that aren't really relevant anymore.

~~~

Tally: 7 Majors, 8 Courts, 10 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

IX The Hermit RX x1

XIV Temperance x1

XVI The Tower x1

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands x1 RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

4 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x2

Knight of Pentacles x2

Queen of Pentacles x1

King of Pentacles x1

Knight of Cups x1

4 of Swords x1

8 of Swords x2

9 of Swords x1

DAY 9 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Confidence & Authenticity

1. A truth that can set me free - The Tower

2. A key to my authentic self - Strength

3. How I can build true confidence - Temperance

loookit all dose Majors.  What a reading.  All ones that I've got a strong resonance to, as well.

I went through a big Tower Year a couple of years ago, where it seemed like everything in my life was falling apart around me, while at the same time, I was dismantling all sorts of toxic mindsets and behaviourisms within myself. It suuuuucked but at the same time, it was very much a truly freeing experience - in the long run!  The Tower showing up here is a reminder that that work isn't a one & done sort of deal.  Especially for that internal work, when you break something down, it leaves a void and the easiest thing to fill that void with is more of the same.  If you don't consciously always decide to build up something different in it's place, you'll end up with the same walls.  This card is asking me to look at who I am with honest eyes, and allow that destruction of anything that isn't serving my highest and best.  Again.  Again and again. 

It's so interesting to see Strength as the key to my authentic self.  With my birth cards, I'm an 11-2, so Justice or Strength is my Personality Card.  I go with Justice, because the majority of the decks that I work with are RWS based, but I always have Strength as like ... a background echo to keep in mind.  They do carry a similar vibe of being able to see the truth in people and situations, but Strength feels much more heartfelt in that they see the root of the situation and can have empathy whereas Justice is more looking at the face of the situation, what is presented to them.  Justice says that you will atone for your actions, whereas Strength sees the damaged person behind it and wants to help.  It's like the stories I've seen of mothers who forgive the murderer's of their children.  Forgiveness has never come naturally to me, but it's also not true to say that it's in my nature to cut people off.  I mean, I do and I say it's to protect myself, and when I was more vulnerable, that was true.  But I think that I am stronger, less easy to hurt in any way that has meaning, so falling into Strength, and that ability to see that hurt people hurt people, to be able to give love, support and assistance to those who need it most, really would be embracing my most authentic self.

And then we've got Temperance again, back so soon. In my little UPG, Temperance has always felt like a more mature Libra energy in the tarot deck.  We get associated with Justice, but for the reasons explored in the last paragraph, it's not felt like that fully engages the best of a Libra's balance.  It's like she finds balance by adding a bit of this, and a bit of that, and a bit more of this, ever expansive rather than restrictive.  It's not that there's too much fire, passion, but rather that it needs more love, water, to balance it out, if that makes sense.  Temperance is showing the magic of constant expansion and growth, but always evenly. Sometimes I feel like I am too much, I take up too much space or I worry that if what I'm putting out there isn't perfect, I'll face rejection, but Temperance says to just put it out there and add to it if I need to. 

~~~

Tally: 10 Majors, 8 Courts, 10 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

VIII Strength

IX The Hermit RX x1

XIV Temperance x2

XVI The Tower x2

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands x1 RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

4 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x2

Knight of Pentacles x2

Queen of Pentacles x1

King of Pentacles x1

Knight of Cups x1

4 of Swords x1

8 of Swords x2

9 of Swords x1

DAY 10 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Gratitude & Strength

1. A blessing from my past (how my past experiences can be turned into a blessing or a strength) - The Empress

2. What gratitude can teach me about my current situation - 3 of Swords

3. Where I need to be selective going forward - 4 of Cups

The Empress is kind of known as the ruler of abundance, fertility in the tarot deck.  She is surrounded by lush greenery, but when looking at this card as a blessing from the past, it's a reminder that things do take time to grow.  The wheat in the foreground may spring up quickly, but the forest in the background takes years.  All these come from a seed, planted at one point or another in the past, by a human's hand or by nature's own design.  Where I am now, all that I have today, is sometimes years in the making and sometimes something that has come up quickly, some aspects cultivated, and some just there, and every part of it has value.  The blessing comes with acknowleding every part.

I know a lot of people don't like the 3 of Swords, but it's one of my favorite cards (all of those seem to be the ones people don't want to see!), and for me, the 3 of Swords usually comes up to tell me that what I'm feeling is valid, but to also remember that it's usually not about the situation at hand - it's about the swords that I haven't acknowledged that are lodged in my heart to begin with.  Where gratitude comes into play, is knowing that every situation that is triggering today is there for my continued healing, to point the way and to allow me to see what I've not wanted to look at, so that I can take care of it and myself and become healthier, emotionally, in the long run!

I'm kinda getting a Marie Kondo vibe from this 4 of Cups.  Does THIS spark joy?  With a refusal to acknowledge that maybe ... it doesn't.  To me, this card is speaking on an emotional/spiritual level more than physical.  I'm being asked to look at what I hold on to despite it being unhealthy, and look at why I don't want to look at it in the first place!

~~~

Tally: 11 Majors, 8 Courts, 12 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

III The Empress x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

VIII Strength

IX The Hermit RX x1

XIV Temperance x2

XVI The Tower x2

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands x1 RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

4 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x2

Knight of Pentacles x2

Queen of Pentacles x1

King of Pentacles x1

4 of Cups x1

Knight of Cups x1

3 of Swords x1

4 of Swords x1

8 of Swords x2

9 of Swords x1

DAY 11 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Beauty & Pleasure

1. The beauty that can be found in the present moment - The Star

2. How I can create or attract more beauty and pleasure in my life - Justice

3. The key to expressing my inner beauty - Knight of Cups

The Star is such an intimate card in the RWS deck, like you've stumbled across her in a haven and can't help but watch as she does her ritual with the water.  It's a feeling like being in a dream, one that you feel you have to back away from quietly so as to not interrupt because the magic would be broken if she felt threatened.  To be honest, it kind of reminds me of my pet snake, who'll roam around her enclosure, exploring and playing (as much as snakes do), but when she notices the huge human there, freezes.  This is telling me that he beauty of the present moment doesn't need to be cultivated or interfered with, but simply observed and acknowledged.

Justice feels like a weird card to be seeing in regards to creating and attracting beauty and pleasure, but I feel like it is acknowledgement that it is acceptable to curate my life experience.  The creation of beauty comes from cutting out what isn't beautiful. It's about reading the particulars in my life for the truth that they are and not trying to mold it into being something else.

The key to expressing my inner beauty is to take a cue from the Knight of Cups - it's ok to get dolled up and toot my own horn.  Being my authentic self means that I don't hide the messiness of growth and healing, but putting all the focus there isn't the truth either.  I can acknowledge and express my emotional capacity and creativity and all the love that I carry and that is just as authentic as showing that sometimes I struggle and sometimes I fall down.  But getting mud on your shirt doesn't mean the shirt is ruined, you can clean it and flaunt it as being good as new. 

~~~

Tally: 13 Majors, 9 Courts, 12 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

III The Empress x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

VIII Strength

IX The Hermit RX x1

XI Justice x1

XIV Temperance x2

XVI The Tower x2

XVII The Star x1

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands x1 RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

4 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x2

Knight of Pentacles x2

Queen of Pentacles x1

King of Pentacles x1

4 of Cups x1

Knight of Cups x2

3 of Swords x1

4 of Swords x1

8 of Swords x2

9 of Swords x1

DAY 12 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Learning & Inner growth

1. How can I give myself the mental stimulation that I crave - Knight of Cups

2. How the process of studying and learning will affect me on a deeper level - Ace of Cups

3. An unlikely teacher that hold great potential for me (whether its a person, a thing or a situation) - Strength

Ok, so it's the Knight of Cups now who really really wants my attention!  Last reading he was all about my inner beauty, now he's also the energetic embodiment of allowing myself the mental stimulation that I crave.  Here's it's feeling like a fake it till you make it sort of thing.  Like putting all the fancy clothes and putting on my best face will allow me to use that as a bit of protection against my own anxieties to stop me from reaching out to circles that would give me that stimulation. It's like I feel like I might show up and not feel good enough, but the Knight of Cups is telling me that I truly am, deep down, but that making sure to pull that to the surface will be helpful for me. 

Then the Ace of Cups, with the cups that runneth over, say that all this intellectual stuff isn't going to be healing my head insomuch as it will be affecting my heart.  These two cards aren't speaking of a sit at home and study kind of learning for me, it's pointing towards something out there with people, and using that course or class or experience as a way to connect with people on an emotional level, using my airy intellectual side more as an excuse to do so.

Strength is here again as an unlikely teacher, and I'm just kinda mostly interested to see how this energy will manifest itself as an unlikely teacher for me, especially since it is a card that I do follow as a teacher already!  but the cards to always surprise me!

~~~

Tally: 14 Majors, 10 Courts, 13 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

II The High Priestess x1

III The Empress x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

VIII Strength x2

IX The Hermit RX x1

XI Justice x1

XIV Temperance x2

XVI The Tower x2

XVII The Star x1

Ace of Wands x1

Knight of Wands x1 RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

4 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x2

Knight of Pentacles x2

Queen of Pentacles x1

King of Pentacles x1

Ace of Cups x1

4 of Cups x1

Knight of Cups x3

3 of Swords x1

4 of Swords x1

8 of Swords x2

9 of Swords x1

DAY 13 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Friendships & Community

1. Something that is crucial and non-negotiable for me when it comes to personal relationships - 6 of Swords

2. What to do more of (the type of relationships and socializing I will thrive from) - 7 of Wands

3. What to be careful of, or do less of (negative patterns, toxic friendships and so on) - The Magician

The way I see it, healing is a journey.  And sometimes, one person needs some help on that journey, and other times they'll be the ones who are giving that support.  I don't see the point of interacting with anyone who's not willing to be on the journey of healing and growing.  Stagnancy isn't something that I can surround myself with, so I need my personal relationships to be with people who are always moving forward in their life and growth.

With the 7 of Wands showing up for what I need more of ... I think I need people who challenge me and the ideas that I hold.  I need to have people who can hold their own in a deep conversation but aren't simply an echo chamber for my beliefs.  I mean, like, having The High Priestess as a Soul Card means that a lot of the time, I'm pretty sure that I know best.  Being around people who are supportive is all well and good, but it doesn't lead to a wide breadth of experience.  A bit of diversification is always welcome, even if it can be challenging to be around.

The only thing is that I'll need to keep an eye out for the trickier side of The Magician, the showmanship side of him that uses a mix of parlour tricks and true magic to keep you always guessing.  I should always trust my instinct about people, because there are debates that are in good faith, and then there are people who just argue for the hell of it.  One is healthy, the other toxic.  That line can sometimes be a fine one to walk, and The Magician is a reminder to keep an eye out for that!

~~~

Tally: 15 Majors, 10 Courts, 15 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

The Magician x1

II The High Priestess x1

III The Empress x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

VIII Strength x2

IX The Hermit RX x1

XI Justice x1

XIV Temperance x2

XVI The Tower x2

XVII The Star x1

Ace of Wands x1

7 of Wands x1

Knight of Wands x1 RX x1

Queen of Wands x1

Ace of Pentacles x1

3 of Pentacles x1

4 of Pentacles x1

6 of Pentacles x2

Knight of Pentacles x2

Queen of Pentacles x1

King of Pentacles x1

Ace of Cups x1

4 of Cups x1

Knight of Cups x3

3 of Swords x1

4 of Swords x1

6 of Swords x1

8 of Swords x2

9 of Swords x1

DAY 14 – WAXING GIBBOUS

Theme: Sacred balance

1. An area where I tend to experience excess or overwhelm - 10 of Cups

2. An area where I tend to experience lack or worry - 2 of Cups

3. How I can restore my sacred balance - 3 of Wands

I'm definitely really feeling that happy family vibe in the 10 of Cups as an area where I'm easily overwhelmed.  Less when I'm actually like ... at home with my family in the thick of it, but when I've been far from home for too long and need to reach out to them, it can really feel like a lot to me for some reason.  It's like I feel like I should call home more, but I don't, then it gets longer since the last time that I did and that becomes this big thing in my head and then it just compounds on itself over and over. 

I'm less feeling like the card for where I experience lack.  The 2 of Cups is like THE relationship card in the deck, and that's one area in my life where I'm feeling real solid.  Not even in a rut solid, just like, everything in my relationship is quite strong and connected and where we do have moments of not aligning, we take the time to talk it out and get on the same page.  There's a give & take to how we take care of each other, without any awkward tallying of who does more, and it's good. I'm feeling like I'm missing something in this card.  Maybe it's the caduceus, used erroneously as a medical symbol, because his health hasn't been the best and that has been a source of worry.

But for restoring sacred balance.  3 of Wands, looking at the bigger picture. It's so funny to me that this card has 3 wands in it, two on one side of him, 1 on the other, making it off balance - unless, you see him as part of that symmetry.  Being overwhelmed or worried often means that I'm getting caught up in the little things, so being able to just step back and have a broad look at the situation allows me to see it as it truly is, not blown up big or weird at all. 

~~~

Tally: 15 Majors, 10 Courts, 18 Minors. 2 reversals, 1 jumper.

I The Fool x1

The Magician x1

II The High Priestess x1

III The Empress x1

IV The Emperor x1

VII The Chariot x1

VIII Strength x2

IX The Hermit RX x1

XI Justice x1

XIV Temperance x2

XVI The Tower x2

XVII The Star x1