DON'T MISS: 2 hour interview with Rachel Pollack and Mary Greer on Youtube

Raggydoll

In this latest episode of Spread This Witches, two of the most celebrated and knowledgeable authors on Tarot are being interviewed. Its a 2 hour video that is available on youtube:

I hold these two women in such high regards, they have helped shape me as the tarot reader I am. So I am super excited to be able to watch this interview  <3

I will have to watch this in segments so I won't make any comments after I have properly assimilated the whole thing. But please feel free to add your thoughts on it!

Ah, brilliant! Thanks for this. I thought seriously about going to the Omega Institute this summer to work with them but in the end it wasn't the best idea financially.

This will be a great alternative :thumbsup:

Ah, brilliant! Thanks for this. I thought seriously about going to the Omega Institute this summer to work with them but in the end it wasn't the best idea financially.

This will be a great alternative :thumbsup:

Yeah, that would have been a dream come true for many of us, but as you said - money plays a big role in it.

Had a quick look at video, looks very interesting.  Look forward to watching it all, and like you Raggydoll  will view it in segments. Thanks for the headsup  :)

At first its mostly talk about the conference but when they are approaching 30 minutes they start discussing techniques.

pacificwaters

This is in my bucket list as well. But I am not sure if and when it would be fulfilled.

That said, thanks for the headsup... its going to be a segmented watch for me too  ;D

Too long...

I am watching it - also in segments - but I don't like Tarot (indeed, "informational" in general) videos at the best of times. I LIKE Mary (we've met a few times) but even so...

Thank you for this link!!

I don't have time to watch it right now but I save it for a calmer time.

I wasn’t super keen on the first bit about the conference (mainly because it sucks so bad that I would never be able to attend), but after that it became much more interesting. I have only seen about half of it yet, plan on seeing the rest tomorrow  :heartz:

love these two, they are tarot legends! I will go through it slowly :)  :heartz:

Yes they are! I remember when I received the 78 degrees of wisdom. It was my first proper book on tarot that I paid for myself. It ended up meaning so much to me. Now I have several of Rachel’s books and they are all wonderful. I got to ‘know’ Mary much later. I remember her posts on AT. They made me purchase some of her webinars and then I also got a couple of her books. I have had some conversations with her via email too and I hold her in such high regards. Her lectures on the holy grail myths (and how they tie into the RWS tarot) as well as her work on Jung - so inspiring and interesting!

Still making my way through the interview, and now I am at the part where they discuss things such as how to shuffle a deck; using free-form readings vs. spreads, and using reversals or not. Their answers are so interesting! I love the way Rachel Pollack suggests that one can 'mystify' classical spreads, such as the celtic cross. She mentions switching out the first two positions (after the significator) for "What is secret" and "What is revealed". She also suggests positions such as "What came before" "What is coming/What came after" "What is forbidden". And she likes to incorporate mythical themes and influences. I really like that! I seem to remember that she actually has a spread in one of her books that is made to be in the mystical/fortune telling style, like if you want to read at a fare and do the whole "Madam Fortuna" thing  :crystalball: :cardz: :love:

Also, how cool is it not that she has done readings/spreads to talk with the dead! She is such a daring fabulous woman!! (She particularly mentioned doing a relationship reading for a person after their partner had passed, she just adapted the former spread to work for a deceased loved one).

I just watched it and it was a little long, but I did learn some good things and learned about some new decks. 

Thank you for this.  I can't wait to watch it as I am reading 78 degree of wisdom right now and in awe.  

1 hour ago, Halcyon said:

Thank you for this.  I can't wait to watch it as I am reading 78 degree of wisdom right now and in awe.  

You’re welcome, that book is awesome!