Little Fang

IMPORTANT INFORMATION : About the Forum Software Change (Est. May 1st)

Good Evening Tarot Family!   <3

I bet you are all itching to know what is going to happen with the software change and what to expect when we begin.  I am sending this out as an announcement since it's very important.  I also welcome questions in this thread, and I will do my best to answer them.

My job schedule is a little floppy, but I will give you the rundown of my estimated timeline:

April 21st: Kickstarter funds should release to me, as far as I know.  I will be working for the next few days, but I will start preparing things.  If time permits, I'll be purchasing the forum software and any plugins, themes, and custom theme commission, depending on when the money arrives into my forum PayPal account from my bank.

April 21st-28th: I'll be traveling and technically be "out of office" here.  Please, use this time to save your profile decklists.  This is IMPORTANT.  I don't believe the new software will be able to read my custom fields.  They will still be in the backup database (and I can grab them if needed), but for all of our sanity, stick them on a digital document somewhere safe.  The new software will have a place to paste them!

April 30th: That day/night, I will be closing the forum for Maintenance.  You will not be able to log in at this time.  I'll be downloading and storing backups of all the data in case something goes awry.  This ensures nobody loses any posts, profiles, pm's, and anything else.

May 1st-3rd: Now, I don't imagine this will take more than a day, but I'm adding some buffer time.  I'll be redesigning the front page, installing all the goodies, and making sure everything transfers correctly.  If time permits, I'll create a basic "how-to" video to help people readjust to the new software.  I'll be giving everyone their subscriptions based on their rewards.  IMPORTANT: I will have to transfer all the subscriptions manually.  You may have to manually subscribe again once it ends to put you in the new system.  I'll be canceling them all on PayPal's end after I've transferred everyone, so you're not charged extra.

I hope this all made sense!  Once again, I welcome questions, and I will answer them to the best of my ability.  My goal is to make this transition as smooth and painless as possible.  ((

Much love,

Little Fang

Thanks for the heads up Little Fang and keeping the forum informed about what is about to happen.

Appreciated!.

DND X/

Very exciting! Can't wait to see the new look. :)

(I completely forgot to donate before the kickstarter campaign ended, so I've subscribed to the forum just now instead.)

thanks for the update Little Fang  :love:

looking forwards to the new forum!  :heartz: <3 :heartz: <3 There is no Mercury in Retrograde then, so hopefully it should all go smoothly!

If you bought a Queen or King pledge reward in the kickstarter to fund this, there is a survey now to fill out there! You can choose 3 themes from the suggestions  :thumbsup:

Very exciting! Can't wait to see the new look. :)

(I completely forgot to donate before the kickstarter campaign ended, so I've subscribed to the forum just now instead.)

Me too. Missed the Kickstarter so have subscribed. Can't say how much the forum is my lifesaver, so happy to subscribe as I should have months ago. Thank you Little Fang. Can't wait to see all the goodies you have lined up for us.

A <3 <3

I made a little donation already. Hope it will help.

Edit: I read you too fast, I read you as the kick starter campaign was on the 21/April.

Guest Night Shade

This is so awesome!!! I can't wait to see all that the new forum has to offer! :dancecat:

LittleFang - on invision you can disable their emojis and have just emoticons (and you can add your own.). PLEASE PLEASE do. They are so different on different platforms that they cause major misunderstandings....

LittleFang - on invision you can disable their emojis and have just emoticons (and you can add your own.). PLEASE PLEASE do. They are so different on different platforms that they cause major misunderstandings....

The emoticons on the new software will have categories.  I'm sure we can have a No Emoticon Category for you gregory.

It's not the category thing. I can leave them out and so on. But when you go to add an emoticon, you get the attached drop-down (and it scrolls down for MILES). If I used those black and white ones, people on other platforms see something completely different.

So if I post a smiley face - I get this one 😃 - others may see any of these:

https://emojipedia.org/smiling-face-with-open-mouth/

- and to me this: smiling-face-with-open-mouth_1f603.png does not feel at all the same as this: smiling-face-with-open-mouth_1f603.png

But I have no control over what the other person sees.

Also attached are images showing what other people on that forum see, in the thread where we asked that they be disabled (management said no :( ) They are just SO variable. If I post a smiley I want you to see the one I posted.

I know how to get around it for myself; others may not see this one coming.

”- and to me this:  does not feel at all the same as this:

But I have no control over what the other person sees.”

gregory[/member]. I’m new and don’t know how quotation works... But I have to say that, not being of the neurotypical variety, you’ve pretty much summed up my whole social life experience with that one.  :D

Little Fang[/member], the thing that I felt, arriving here, is that some things are very Alice in Wonderland small, and that feeling includes the emoticons... I browse with my phone and maybe that is why? Or maybe my eyes are getting old... but I can barely make out what emoticons people are using in their posts, and I’d wish they were a bit bigger, and more of them to choose from... is that possible with the new software, or am I the only one whom feels that way?

Also, what hard work you’re putting in with everything... it’s remarkable. THANK YOU for this forum place on the internet.  :heartz:

Nordica De Spell[/member] You'll be happy to know that the new software is mobile-compatible by default!  No more having to scroll around a shrunken version of the forum, and no having to rely on tapatalk either!  That is one of the major issues I was facing here, and google knocks down some search discoverability because of that. ;) (( Thank you for your input! 

Nordica De Spell[/member] You'll be happy to know that the new software is mobile-compatible by default!  No more having to scroll around a shrunken version of the forum, and no having to rely on tapatalk either!  That is one of the major issues I was facing here, and google knocks down some search discoverability because of that. ;) (( Thank you for your input!

Ohhh THIS is good news!

BY the way - on the invision forum I'm on we can't set our own local time. PLEASE tell me you will activate that ? It can be so useful when we are wondering when to message people and the like.

This is a quote from their main support forums:

Timezones are automatically set for each individual user in IPS4, based on their local system time. No setting needed.

I hope this helps  <3

Timezones are automatically set for each individual user in IPS4, based on their local system time. No setting needed.

I hope this helps  <3

Well THAT comes as a surprise; in the other one I am on, it does no such thing (though come to think of it, I have set everything NOT to reveal my location ! Perhaps, that....  X-D )

I hope this helps  <3

Well THAT comes as a surprise; in the other one I am on, it does no such thing (though come to think of it, I have set everything NOT to reveal my location ! Perhaps, that....  X-D )

:bhehe: