Skip to content

The Big List of Diverse Decks

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, katrinka said:

Pin straight hair and that Barrymore nose on the men. Those people look white. And they all have yellow hair...
Trying to pass that deck off as "diverse" kind of...is offensive.

 

Yeah, some of the people in the deck have purple skin and wavy hair, but it's not really a diverse deck.

 

I was trying to use it as an example of things being called diverse when they're not that diverse.

 

Sorry if this is the wrong section to bring it up.  I was thinking of this recently because I started using the Everyday Tarot again.

Edited by Guest

No need to apologize, I was agreeing with you.
You weren't the one trying to pass the deck off as "diverse"!

  • Author

Don't worry, I think this is a valuable discussion. I believe I never put that deck on the list? *unsure, need to check* I do remember looking at it and feeling like it didn't belong. I don't mind if people create decks that are pastel colored or very neutral and contain depictions that *could* possibly indicate diversity, but I also do not think they belong on the list. To make it on this list, I feel it has to be more than that. 

I didn't mean to get so weird about it? Can you tell I say the Wrong thing a lot?🤦‍♂️😂

  • Author
1 hour ago, jadegreen said:

I didn't mean to get so weird about it? Can you tell I say the Wrong thing a lot?🤦‍♂️😂

I was going to say "I think that is mostly in your head" and then I realized that it wouldn't sound very nice at all 😂 What I meant, is that I don't feel that you come across that way! All is good etc etc 😁

I stumbled upon the New Chapter Tarot just now and it looks to be suitably diverse.  

On 7/18/2021 at 8:01 AM, jadegreen said:

download.jpg.b165f307d0c483492abcbc50bc56efbb.jpg63238f290b7dedad38a38fe740994bf2.jpg.4825a7d8a902bdc63e63d9b7f1510a6a.jpgimages.jpg.78e270b6066ea2996ab068dfec7939bc.jpg

 

That lovers card rules it out COMPLETELY.....

 

4 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

I was going to say "I think that is mostly in your head" and then I realized that it wouldn't sound very nice at all 😂 What I meant, is that I don't feel that you come across that way! All is good etc etc 😁

What she said ! (Also agree about non-human decks. I recall minority people on AT being VERY annoyed when told to use dragon decks....)

6 hours ago, Mesha said:

I stumbled upon the New Chapter Tarot just now and it looks to be suitably diverse.  

 

I stumbled up on that and thought the art work was so horrid, that I didn't mention it.... :lol: (I even didn't BUY it - and it was cheap !)

Just being diverse is not enough,.

Edited by gregory

What about The Light and Shadow by Brian Williams  and Michael Goepferd?

  • Author
44 minutes ago, fire cat pickles said:

What about The Light and Shadow by Brian Williams  and Michael Goepferd?

I struggled to find many pictures of it so I’d love to hear what others think. If you know this to be a diverse deck then I will put it on the list. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, gregory said:

 

Just being diverse is not enough,.

I agree. Everyone’s taste differs and I love that we can feature lots of different decks here. Everyone’s bound to find something that suits them 🙂

3 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

I struggled to find many pictures of it so I’d love to hear what others think. If you know this to be a diverse deck then I will put it on the list. 

Here's a flip-through of all the cards: 

 

The Light and Shadow is an iconic deck with interracial gay and lesbian characters throughout (my opinion of course). In addition, even though some of the characters are light-skinned they are decidedly not Anglo in their features. Many of them are dark in skin tone as well.

 

I'd be surprised and disappointed to see this deck not make the list while others on list did, to be honest.

 

 

Edited by fire cat pickles

  • Author
8 minutes ago, fire cat pickles said:

The Light and Shadow is an iconic deck with interracial gay and lesbian characters throughout (my opinion of course). In addition, even though some of the characters are light-skinned they are decidedly not Anglo in their features. Many of them are dark in skin tone as well.

 

I'd be surprised and disappointed to see this deck not make the list while others on list did, to be honest.

 

 

Thanks for the link! That helped. I will put it on the list 🙂

 

Eta: it was already on the list! (Under “L”)  

Dass FUNNY ! :lol:

  • Author
Just now, gregory said:

Dass FUNNY ! :lol:

Yeah. And a testament to how senile I’ve become 😆

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

Dass FUNNY ! :lol:

I must be getting senile, too, because I missed something 😶

 

Thank you for putting it on the list, though 🙂

19 hours ago, gregory said:

 

I stumbled up on that and thought the art work was so horrid, that I didn't mention it.... :lol: (I even didn't BUY it - and it was cheap !)

Just being diverse is not enough,.

Funny how tastes are. I didn’t mind the art since I have seen a lot worse on decks. I much prefer it to some of the computer graphic ones where the people look like pod people or the simple graphics decks like the purple and gold one being discussed. 

17 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

Eta: it was already on the list! (Under “L”)  

This is funny.

 

I may need to be evaluated.

 

 

Edited by fire cat pickles

Spotted this one on Etsy. The artist has obviously has some familiarity with Tarot, and a sense of humor, too. 
It's an erotic deck, and very, very gay, so the link is possibly not safe to open in some workplaces:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/832523045/tarot-rama?ref=shop_home_recs_1&crt=1

 

Here is the artist's website, with a little more information and links to his instagram and more work:

https://www.gianfloris.com/

 

  • Author
9 hours ago, katrinka said:

Spotted this one on Etsy. The artist has obviously has some familiarity with Tarot, and a sense of humor, too. 
It's an erotic deck, and very, very gay, so the link is possibly not safe to open in some workplaces:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/832523045/tarot-rama?ref=shop_home_recs_1&crt=1

 

Here is the artist's website, with a little more information and links to his instagram and more work:

https://www.gianfloris.com/

 

Good one, thanks for sharing! I’ve added it to the list! 

Whilst not very diverse when it comes to gender it certainly ticks the cultural and ethnic diversity boxes. Plus it's absolutely stunning.

 

THE INTUITIVE NIGHT GODDESS TAROT

  • Author
6 minutes ago, SlightlyMagic said:

Whilst not very diverse when it comes to gender it certainly ticks the cultural and ethnic diversity boxes. Plus it's absolutely stunning.

 

THE INTUITIVE NIGHT GODDESS TAROT

I added it, thanks! 😀

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.