Page of Ghosts

#22favs - The High Priestess

Page of Ghosts

I hope it's ok that I start this thread in the series started by Luxa - if not let me know, I just wanted to keep at it with some more of our favourite cards since it's great fun ;)

So what are your favourite High Priestesses? Can be from decks you own, decks you want, decks coming out that you're excited about! I'll try to keep to decks I have but you others do as you like.

One of my favourites are The Seer from the Wildwood Tarot, she just really looks like she's part here, part in the other world. Maybe not as much a keeper of secrets as someone who communicates between realms? She also has a birdlike cloak that makes me think of Freya as the seidh-worker :D

Also I just picked up Joie de Vivre and I'm kinda obsessed with it so I thought I should include the High Priestess from that deck since everything is just so charming, her included. Love the animals, cats and rabbits are some of my favourites, and the way she peeks out from under her veil.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/de/72/c5/de72c5a36cb857f7c7824c282c7c1319.jpg

hp_ww.jpg.8cc5f1a68d6a0b27e26f8f953fd6ac1d.jpg

OutoftheAshes

What a great question!

Off the top of my head for the decks I have, I adore High Priestess in Ellen Dugan's Witches Tarot.

She exudes knowledge and power along with a beautiful grace.

In the Legacy of the Divine there is more of a feminine mystic feel which I love as well. :)

I haven't seen either of the two you mentioned, Page of Ghosts. I love the nature scene in the Joie de Vivre and I do appreciate decks that have animals included in the cards.

It seems like I'm always looking for a more nature

based tarot deck but ultimately, I still don't believe I have one that's strictly that. With the exception of Tarot of the Trees. I can't leave that one out.  ;D

8262c11f3b967c26bc440c38f70515f0.jpg.dbb495a2b597260c025f862e1fe9d8d3.jpg

highpriestess_lg.jpg.0ef663f92a51ec5f8c2c5243b14de1ae.jpg

Lantana

Thank you for bringing these threads back, Page of Ghosts!

I think my favorite might actually be from the Shadowscapes... I talked a bit about this card over in the Comparative Tarot study group but to put it simply, I love a Priestess that gets to be dynamic!

Runner up is probably the rather iconic High Priestess from the Wild Unknown, I just love the colors and the tiger's regal pose. I also adore the HPS in the upcoming Next World Tarot.

26.jpg.947a53380ce7d465b11dba7b9a55c7ce.jpg

Bodhiseed

Thanks for pulling this thread out of the file cabinet Page of Ghosts. :D

Two of my favorite High Priestesses are from

the Gaian Tarot:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/02/47/ec/0247ec4f0b7bc88cfd85e9037be0faed--gaian-tarot-artist-journal.jpg

and the Tarot of the Crone:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/48/f1/ac48f1be0b35992b05432402ce4d961d--love-tarot-crystal-ball.jpg

Bookworm

Thanks for starting this up again, Page of Ghosts. I really like these 22favs threads.

Of the HPs posted here, I love the Legacy of the Divine, the Next World and Tarot of the Crone.

One of my new favorite High Priestesses is from the Prairie Tarot. She's a librarian (like me!) by day, and then becomes a seer by night. I like it because it keeps the idea of secrecy and hidden identities that I like to associate with this card.

hp.jpg.912a3c52946461315691fb91a6eb56dd.jpg

Page of Ghosts

So many lovely High Priestesses here!

Thank you for including the Next World Tarot, Lantana, I saw the deck a while back on Little Red Tarot but I keep forgetting to add it to my list. I'm so bad with keeping up with indie decks because of money issues and I don't wanna be enabled, but there are some true gems out there that I still wanna keep my eye on in case I ever have the funds or it gets a major release (this might be heresy but it's more practical for me personally, heh). Anyway, she looks like she's taken up her space on the beach and is some mystery pommegranate seller or something who gives you cryptic advice when you buy fruit from her.

Lantana

So many lovely High Priestesses here!

Thank you for including the Next World Tarot, Lantana, I saw the deck a while back on Little Red Tarot but I keep forgetting to add it to my list. I'm so bad with keeping up with indie decks because of money issues and I don't wanna be enabled, but there are some true gems out there that I still wanna keep my eye on in case I ever have the funds or it gets a major release (this might be heresy but it's more practical for me personally, heh). Anyway, she looks like she's taken up her space on the beach and is some mystery pommegranate seller or something who gives you cryptic advice when you buy fruit from her.

I believe the creator was talking about having this deck mass published at a later date, or at least she was when the project first started, so you might just be in luck!

DC419

My favorite High Priestess is actually from the Animal Totem Tarot. A Black Widow in the cosmic web which reflects and connects everything. She is so small and shy yet so feared. Made into a villian because it's easier than trying to understand her. Love it!

CCI10016_0085-Copy.jpg

Trogon

Oddly enough, with all the beautiful Tarot decks I have, I think that the RWS is probably the one I like the most. I think that is probably because it really captures, to me, the inherent spiritual aspect of the card I guess.

Now, having said that, I am currently working with Barbara Moore's Steampunk Tarot ... and that High Priestess card is one of the cards that really drew me to this deck! I love the fact that she is a Tarot Reader!

20170905_201531.jpg.29efef1a800206a00f1326327f771aa0.jpg

Onaorkal

As opposed to the Magician card, I do love many representations of the High Priestess in various tarot decks.

So this time the choice is hard, and I couldn't decide between those 2, so there you go! From the Manga Tarot and the Transparent Tarot  :)

I also like the one from the Joie de Vivre (this deck is so gorgeous in general) and the Popess from the Medieval Cat, but in the Manga Tarot's depiction, the color really draws me in. I find the general feel of the card just perfect!

The Transparent Tarot has really simplistic designs in general, but again this one does make me feel something. What could be better than the Moon and a book anyway?

(You might have noticed that the Priestess from the Manga Tarot is numbered V. In this deck, all ''traditional'' tarot genders have been swapped, so the Priest (Hierophant) and High Priestess have been switched around. I don't know why the author didn't keep the original meanings of the card for those ones though...)

db6f4f2d52e18952df6bea4e666c0480--tarot-cards-manga.jpg.639fc8551a2532c68e8b2d2e89f8d38d.jpg

382733901_cfa0fbf4e4fdf518d1210c03bd2a6d05--bi-tarot-oracle-cards.jpg.6077e6dde328fa429ad61d70053b8cca.jpg

EmpyreanKnight

I really adore the color scheme of The Popess card from the Medieval Scapini Tarot:

730922a8e18ee41df422b679e9e39c9b.jpg

And I think The High Priestess card from the Gothic Tarot by Vargo has got to be the sultriest Priestess from any Deck. I mean, just look at that:

90eb19e2dbd918645d6673e8f73e84a7--le-tarot-the-gothic.jpg

sandrang123

I love The High Priestess in the Enchanted Tarot. Beautifully feminine deck, made from tapestries. I love that the High Priestess has one hand behind her back--a secret she has yet to reveal.

b28c0e155b366a1c42c16c118503a87d--tarot-card-art-tarot-cards.jpg.a87047510ff80df5859e8daa03a36a98.jpg

sandrang123

My favorite High Priestess is actually from the Animal Totem Tarot. A Black Widow in the cosmic web which reflects and connects everything. She is so small and shy yet so feared. Made into a villian because it's easier than trying to understand her. Love it!

CCI10016_0085-Copy.jpg

Oh, that is really beautiful. Will have to look at other images for the Animal Totem Tarot. Thanks for the post!

TheFeeLion

CCI10016_0085-Copy.jpg

I love it. That reminds me... I really need to get this deck!

I also like this one by Casimir Lee

casimir-lee-02-tarot-the-high-priestess-final-s.jpg?1471868900

Saturn Celeste

One of my favourites are The Seer from the Wildwood Tarot, she just really looks like she's part here, part in the other world. Maybe not as much a keeper of secrets as someone who communicates between realms? She also has a birdlike cloak that makes me think of Freya as the seidh-worker :D

I totally agree with you! ;)

high_priestess.jpg.ccc3c3053ef3098d7f749bafca73cb36.jpg

faerybraids

This is why I'm waiting for this deck to come out:

hp-sample.jpg?1518834883

Her artwork just clicks so well with me, and this card pretty much sums it all up. It's from the Moonchild Tarot by Danielle Noel. This card features her friend Awen (I'm guessing Awen Sophia Rose, considering at least one of Danielle's guest emails was written by her). The deck's pre-order date hasn't been released yet, so this is technically still a concept image so far, but I really hope it's the one she sticks with because it's absolutely breathtaking to me.

Guest libra

This is my Soul Card, so I loveloveLOVE it in general, but Archeon Tarot just takes it to another level for me.

20181024_091011.jpg.9b1061cb874aa1a3833151b26eb1284e.jpg

AngelSeer

Ohhh! 😮❤️ Those priestesses look pretty! ^_^ Some of the High Priestesses I loved have already been mentioned, so I am going to share the next one that I really loved! 😄❤️ The "Go Within" Card from Doreen Virtue's Guardian Angel Tarot. 🙂 I know this is the High Priestess of the deck, and I loved that the angel there sort of showed this "know it all" vibe in a subtle and gentle way while holding her book ans scroll of secrets. xD 😄 It's like, she's looking at the reader as if "I'm an angel, okay? But I won't hesitate to give you the truth, no matter how dark they may be, but no worries, I'll be gentle about it." XD

r1BRJcG.jpg