Sign in to follow this  
Saturn Celeste

Feel Good Stories from Around the World!

When I look through the headlines first thing in the morning when I get on, I always look for a feel good story, a story with a happy ending.  So, let's all share feel good stories from your part of the world!  I came across this one.

Man Recovering From Surgery Wakes Up To Find A Random Cat Cuddling Him

from The DoDo

by  Stephen Messenger

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/man-recovering-from-surgery-wakes-up-to-find-a-random-cat-cuddling-him/ar-BBW2QNU

BBW2QNQ.img?h=1536&w=2560&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=745&y=848

© Andrew Falloon

Recently, Andrew Falloon's father underwent an operation and he's been recovering at home ever since. But while doctors' orders to get plenty of bed rest may be a tad confining at times, it's not something Falloon's dad has had to face alone.

Evidently, one bewhiskered local caught wind that Dad could use some company — and went on to offer it in the sweetest possible way.

"My mum went out to run a few errands and left one of the doors slightly open," Falloon told The Dodo. "When she came home, she found Dad and [this cat] curled up on the couch."

The random kitty's affectionate gesture certainly was adorable — thought it wasn't quite a one-sided snuggle. Despite being asleep, Falloon's dad ended up holding hands with the uninvited houseguest as they dozed away together. All the while, he had no idea.

"My dad hasn’t been the biggest cat person so I think he was as surprised as anyone when Mum woke him up," Falloon said.

Falloon's parents later came to learn that the cat's name is Ziggy. He's a friendly neighborhood feline who's been known to drop by other people's homes on occasion to say hello.

But on this day, his visit was more akin to a house call.

And after the nap? "Dr. Ziggy stayed around for a bit of a smooch, but then took off to his next appointment," Falloon said.

It's impossible to say to what extent Ziggy's unprompted cuddle session may have aided in Falloon's dad's recovery. But, as everyone knows, time spent with a sweet cat is always good for the soul.

"Dad is well and truly on the mend now after his operation," Falloon said.

Nice work, Ziggy!

BBW2QNT.img?h=1536&w=2560&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Andrew Falloon

Guest Night Shade

I love this!!!  Anyone who thinks that cats don't show love and affection has never known a cat!  :kitty:

A BABE IN ONE'S ARMS!

A flight attendant to the rescue with one little adorable baby making a sweet difference in everyone's day.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/adorable-moment-a-southwest-flight-attendant-picks-up-passengers-fussy-baby-to-give-her-exhausted-mom-a-break-as-the-delighted-little-one-waves-and-blows-kisses-to-fellow-travelers/ar-BBW7jdP?ocid=ientp

Love it when it comes to babies and kids and those special moments that really make one's day.

DND <3

Love it when it comes to babies and kids and those special moments that really make one's day.

DND <3

OMG that baby was precious blowing little baby kisses!!  Thank you for finding this, DND!  <3

Mine is from YouTube and I've posted this before somewhere but I'd like to share it again for this Easter weekend.

Sleeping rabbit with relaxing music to help you fall asleep

That rabbit when s/he flops over, stretches and yawns. Wayyy took cute!

DND <3

DND <3

OMG that baby was precious blowing little baby kisses!!  Thank you for finding this, DND!  <3

Mine is from YouTube and I've posted this before somewhere but I'd like to share it again for this Easter weekend.

Sleeping rabbit with relaxing music to help you fall asleep

Man Sees Stray Dog Carrying Bowl Of Food And Decides To Follow Her

Stephen Messenger

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/man-sees-stray-dog-carrying-bowl-of-food-and-decides-to-follow-her/ar-BBWkxzh

Often, glimpses of stray dogs are just fleeting glimpses — saddening snapshots of the hardship, struggle and misery of life on the streets.

Looking a little longer, though, animal rescuer Yusuf Kılıçsarı found love. Pure love.

BBWkxz7.img?h=1536&w=2560&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=353&y=853

© Yusuf Kılıçsarı

Late last month, Kılıçsarı, who lives in Turkey, posted video of an encounter he'd had with one such stray spotted walking down a street. As Kılıçsarı neared the animal in his car, it could be seen that she was carrying a plastic bowl of food in her mouth.

This dog was clearly on a mission, and Kılıçsarı decided to follow her.

Over the next couple of minutes, the clip shows Kılıçsarı being led down streets, past a construction zone and through a junkyard — where the adorable objective of her mission was revealed.

Here's that clip in its entirety:

Under the stray dog's care were four young puppies — all appearing to be healthy and plump, no doubt thanks to actions like the one Kılıçsarı just witnessed.

"This is motherhood," he wrote.

The Dodo was unable to reach Kılıçsarı for comment or to discover what happened next. It is possible, perhaps, that Kılıçsarı gave the bowl to the dog himself in order to find and get help for her and her family. We will update this post once we learn more.

This scene, nevertheless, is a hopeful one — a true testament to a mother's love, even in the bleakest of circumstances.

You need to watch the video for the happy ending!!  It's so beautiful!!

On 4/29/2019 at 11:51 AM, PageOfCups said:

Saturn Celeste[/member] this cat only takes food in a doggy bag for its kitten:

🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈

OMG how precious!

This Cat Is Going Viral for Being the Most Dramatic Creature of All Time

Diana Bruk
spacer.png
© Provided by Best Life

One of the best things about cats is their majestic mystery. Dogs are known for being goofy and easy to read, but cats beguile us with their equanimity. You never really know what they are thinking, and we respect them for that.

But not this guy.

This is Ah Fei, an adorable tabby cat who lives in Jiangsu, China, with his owner, Tang Chang.

With more than 21,000 Instagram followers, he’s recently become an internet sensation thanks to his extremely dramatic reactions. This cat has no poker face whatsoever, and we love him for it.

Here he is asking you to paint him like one of your French girls.

Here he is doing his best impression of a Renaissance painting.

And here he is doing his own personal rendition of Mufasa in The Lion King.

Other cats hoping to break into the acting business need to watch out, because Ah Fei can do it all. He’s got “fear.”

“Shock.”

“Happy.”

“Extreme Disapproval.”

And “No, sir, for the last time, I would not like a canapé.”

He could basically star in a film in which an anarchist cat wants to cause trouble just because he can. Which, let’s face it, all of us would watch.

Hollywood, if you’re looking for your next big star, you’ve found him. And for more feline friends who will make you smile, check out 21 Photos That Show Why the Internet Is So Obsessed With Cats. 

Sylvester Stallone Kept the Two Turtles from Rocky — And They're Now 44!

by

Alexia Fernandez

spacer.png

© Provided by TIME Inc. Sylvester Stallone Kept the Two Turtles from Rocky — And They're Now 44!

Sylvester Stallone is dropping some major behind the scenes knowledge on his Instagram account.

The actor, 72, shared a photo of himself with turtles Cuff and Link on his Instagram page on May 5. In the post, he revealed they’ve been with him since his 1976 film Rocky.

Not only are Cuff and Link still alive and living a life of relative peace and splendor, but they also made their film comeback in Stallone’s 2018 film Creed II.

“In CREED 2 with my original buddies from the first Rocky … CUFF and LINK, now about 44 years old!” Stallone wrote in the caption.

In Rocky, Stallone introduced them to his romantic interest Adrian Pennino (Talia Shire) as, “the exotic animals I was telling you about. These are my friends, Cuff and Link,” and forgetting that he had bought them from her.

The actor was also a dad to a bull mastiff named Butkus, who appeared in Rocky and Rocky II in 1979.

Stallone had to sell Butkus to a stranger outside of a 7-Eleven store “because I couldn’t afford food,” he wrote on Instagram in 2017.

“Then like a modern day miracle, the screenplay for Rocky sold, and I could buy him back, but the new owner knew I was desperate and charged me $15,000,” Stallone continued. “He was worth every penny!”

On 5/24/2019 at 9:17 AM, Saturn Celeste said:

Sylvester Stallone Kept the Two Turtles from Rocky — And They're Now 44!

by

Alexia Fernandez

spacer.png

© Provided by TIME Inc. Sylvester Stallone Kept the Two Turtles from Rocky — And They're Now 44!

Sylvester Stallone is dropping some major behind the scenes knowledge on his Instagram account.

The actor, 72, shared a photo of himself with turtles Cuff and Link on his Instagram page on May 5. In the post, he revealed they’ve been with him since his 1976 film Rocky.

Not only are Cuff and Link still alive and living a life of relative peace and splendor, but they also made their film comeback in Stallone’s 2018 film Creed II.

“In CREED 2 with my original buddies from the first Rocky … CUFF and LINK, now about 44 years old!” Stallone wrote in the caption.

In Rocky, Stallone introduced them to his romantic interest Adrian Pennino (Talia Shire) as, “the exotic animals I was telling you about. These are my friends, Cuff and Link,” and forgetting that he had bought them from her.

The actor was also a dad to a bull mastiff named Butkus, who appeared in Rocky and Rocky II in 1979.

Stallone had to sell Butkus to a stranger outside of a 7-Eleven store “because I couldn’t afford food,” he wrote on Instagram in 2017.

“Then like a modern day miracle, the screenplay for Rocky sold, and I could buy him back, but the new owner knew I was desperate and charged me $15,000,” Stallone continued. “He was worth every penny!”

That cat - I know a kid like that. Too cute!

As for the turtles - cool cool story. Who would have thought they are the same age as....

DND

Talking to my sister tonight she was telling me about the games she plays with her grandson when he visits.  

Anyways, apparently a few nights ago she pulled out the game he is currently into and was rather surprised when his mum took over to play with him. She told her daughter that it was fine if she wanted to relax, but her daughter insisted on being the one to play with him and would not budge.

Frowning in puzzlement, my sister asked: "Why is it so important to you? You've never played these types of games with him before".

She didn't mind, but was curious.

As it turned out, he (5 years old) had done a survey with his classmates and teacher and when he was asked:

What activities does your mother do with you at home?

His answer was: "Nothing. Absolutely nothing!".

So, now she is making up for lost time and does not want him to provide an answer like that ever again.

My sister said to her - what he didn't say is that you take him to the park, walk the dog with him, take him out to the movies and do fun things with him and that you also help him with his home work.

Gran to the rescue.

He has a very extensive vocabulary and I suspect high IQ - so am quite certain he understands the meaning of "activity". However, his idea of activity may differ to that of his teacher, nan and mum.

DND 🙂

On 5/29/2019 at 8:20 AM, DownUnderNZer said:

Talking to my sister tonight she was telling me about the games she plays with her grandson when he visits.  

Anyways, apparently a few nights ago she pulled out the game he is currently into and was rather surprised when his mum took over to play with him. She told her daughter that it was fine if she wanted to relax, but her daughter insisted on being the one to play with him and would not budge.

Gaming has kept my son and I very close.  He's 32 now and growing up, video games was a huge part of our life because I worked in a video store and we always had discounts, even before we bought a system!  By gaming with him, I also knew what kind of games he was into.  He advanced to mature rating games around 16 which was fine by me because we always talked about them and I subscribed to gaming magazines.  For my family, the family that games together stays together! :dancing-cat:

10 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

Gaming has kept my son and I very close.  He's 32 now and growing up, video games was a huge part of our life because I worked in a video store and we always had discounts, even before we bought a system!  By gaming with him, I also knew what kind of games he was into.  He advanced to mature rating games around 16 which was fine by me because we always talked about them and I subscribed to gaming magazines.  For my family, the family that games together stays together! :dancing-cat:

@Saturn Celeste

When my family gets together for dinner or even occassions like Christmas we will play games too and for hours. 

Nothing like it! So, I know what you mean. 🙂

And when not games it will be jamming - music and singing. Playing guitars or whatever instrument is on hand.

Those are the best times! Especially when the musicians are all A+ plus there is nothing like seeing different generations come together.

DND  💓

43 minutes ago, DownUnderNZer said:

@Saturn Celeste

When my family gets together for dinner or even occassions like Christmas we will play games too and for hours. 

Nothing like it! So, I know what you mean. 🙂

And when not games it will be jamming - music and singing. Playing guitars or whatever instrument is on hand.

Those are the best times! Especially when the musicians are all A+ plus there is nothing like seeing different generations come together.

DND  💓

For us, it's the piano, ukuleles, and accordion!

29 minutes ago, McFaire said:

For us, it's the piano, ukuleles, and accordion!

@McFaire

Accordions? Wow! That would be cool.

For us, it's guitars, electric guitars, bass players, drums, and keyboards/pianos. My father played all of these plus the saxophone and ukulele. We had these in our home and others in the family  too - even now.

Most of the males in my family (if not all) play one to three instruments and females maybe one or two. If not instruments - then singers. However, abilities do vary I reckon, most are good but few are exceptional. Also, most play by ear and only a few read. I think last year a niece got a highly acclaimed music award plus was in the newspaper. Highest honours I think academically.

When I was 13 I was accepted into the Royal Music Academy to sit for a place - think that is what it was called, but my father would not allow it at all. 

That reminds me - the little ones around now are not being exposed to an instrument so I am going to say something as I would not want that to change.

They listen to music, but are not learning an instrument that I know of...

DND 💓

9 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

Music is a way of expressing universal love!! ❤️🎼

@DownUnderNZer

I recommend ukulele for your young family members! It is such a great instrument. It's exponentially easier than guitar and yet it is a complete accompaniment for singing. You can learn to play a song within the first hour, yet pursue mastery of the instrument for a lifetime. I'm the pied piper of baritone ukuleles! But any ukulele is a happy addition to a home. 🙂