Suggest a Deck for Me!

Saturn Celeste

Oh, I think that Piatnik deck is beautiful.  <3 I love TdM swords and cups. I want to learn the system for it properly. Do you have a book suggestion?

Although I hate just redirecting people to other threads, an internet search actually led me straight back here!

Here's a discussion about TdM beginners' books :)

https://www.thetarotforum.com/tdm/marseille-books-for-beginners/

I love it when that happens!!  :biggrin:

I will second the Green Witch Tarot, and you do not need to know about witchy things to enjoy the deck.  The book will tell you anything you need to know.  You can read the review I did for TT&M on this deck in the Deck Review section to get a better feel for it.  I personally love this deck.

If you are in the US and into trading I see that you have the Wildwood marked to purchase in June, I have a Wildwood deck/book set, in box, in like new condition that I would love to trade!  Just contact me.

Though you are not into Mermaids, I will say the new Mermaid Tarot by Leeza Robertson is a wonderful deck, and the book that comes with it is simply luscious - full color, with page sized color images and glossy.  The theme was very well executed (a rarity in these types of decks).

On 5/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, Jewel said:

I will second the Green Witch Tarot, and you do not need to know about witchy things to enjoy the deck.  The book will tell you anything you need to know.  You can read the review I did for TT&M on this deck in the Deck Review section to get a better feel for it.  I personally love this deck.

If you are in the US and into trading I see that you have the Wildwood marked to purchase in June, I have a Wildwood deck/book set, in box, in like new condition that I would love to trade!  Just contact me.

Though you are not into Mermaids, I will say the new Mermaid Tarot by Leeza Robertson is a wonderful deck, and the book that comes with it is simply luscious - full color, with page sized color images and glossy.  The theme was very well executed (a rarity in these types of decks).

I am fine with trading but probably don’t have a deck you’d want. All mine are in my profile. They are pretty basic. I use all of them, but I try to keep them in good condition, though the box on my Universal deck is a little bad. 

I like mermaids as mermaids, but it is actually how the themes are done that bother me. I have a thing about fonts and borders. I’ll look at these. Even the box image is more promising. 🙂

I found the mini Thoth deck on sale for cheap and so bought it for May. I’m going to to a big haul in June and buy the Piatnik, Wildwood and a book on Marseilles. Then back to regular scheduling.

Thank you all for offering advice.

By the way, I didn’t put the Thoth on the original list but I felt energy from holing the deck even before I took the cards out of the cellophane. Strong energy in my hands. I don’t usually feel it like this from cards. I’m not really *that* connected to energy. Can anyone tell me if they’ve had this happen?

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:44 AM, Czenzi said:

I like mermaids as mermaids, but it is actually how the themes are done that bother me. I have a thing about fonts and borders. I’ll look at these. Even the box image is more promising. 🙂

How the themes are presented usually bother me too, but Leeza Robertson did a really good job by dividing each suit into a particular territory the mermaids live in (Cups/Deep Ocean; Wands/Volcanic Ocean; Pentacles/Rivers and inland waterways; Swords/Arctic Oceans.  In this manner she was able to blend traditional elemental and other suit correspondences as well as challenges.  In addition, the deck is borderless and the titles of the cards are located within a small banner at the bottom of each card and are not really intrusive.  For what it is worth, I am a HUGE mermaid fan and this is the only mermaid Tarot deck that has resonated with me.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, Jewel said:

I just posted a deck review on the Mermaid Tarot by Leeza Robertson here on the forum, as well as 11 images plus the card back.

PurplePixie03

I just wanted to say I'm honored you put the Moonology deck that I suggested on your list! And in October, my birthday month! I hope you enjoy it, you'll have to tell me what you think. 

On 5/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, Czenzi said:

I found the mini Thoth deck on sale for cheap and so bought it for May. I’m going to to a big haul in June and buy the Piatnik, Wildwood and a book on Marseilles. Then back to regular scheduling.

Thank you all for offering advice.

By the way, I didn’t put the Thoth on the original list but I felt energy from holing the deck even before I took the cards out of the cellophane. Strong energy in my hands. I don’t usually feel it like this from cards. I’m not really *that* connected to energy. Can anyone tell me if they’ve had this happen?

I had it happen just the other day when the Brady arrived. Very physical reaction. The Greenwood hit me like that.

By the way, if you haven't selected which Marseilles book yet, there's an excellent full-color option on Amazon for $10, The Marseilles Tarot Revealed (Yoav Ben-Dov), very well regarded.

Glad you liked the Thoth.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:03 AM, Jewel said:

I just posted a deck review on the Mermaid Tarot by Leeza Robertson here on the forum, as well as 11 images plus the card back.

You’ve sold me. I put it on the list! 

On 5/19/2019 at 8:45 PM, PurplePixie03 said:

I just wanted to say I'm honored you put the Moonology deck that I suggested on your list! And in October, my birthday month! I hope you enjoy it, you'll have to tell me what you think. 

I just bought it and am waiting for it to ship. I plan to edge it in black. It’s a gorgeous deck.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, McFaire said:

I had it happen just the other day when the Brady arrived. Very physical reaction. The Greenwood hit me like that.

By the way, if you haven't selected which Marseilles book yet, there's an excellent full-color option on Amazon for $10, The Marseilles Tarot Revealed (Yoav Ben-Dov), very well regarded.

Glad you liked the Thoth.

I do like Thoth so far. It’s honest and pretty dead on for me. A little blunt at times. That is exactly the Marseilles book I settled on reading and learning from. Do you have a preference for the paper or Kindle version? I need to use my kindle more, but sometimes it doesn’t format book with lost of pictures well.

My Kindle is black and white so I probably wouldn't get this for Kindle, although I could still see it in color on my phone, computers, iPad. But yeah, fancy formatting doesn't work that well for Kindle from what I've seen so far.

I really like the Kindle device for regular books though. It's great not to need a book light, and to have whatever text size my eyes need, and to be able to look up the definition of any word with one touch, without leaving the book, and to be able to read as comfortably in full sun as in total darkness. Not to mention having a whole library in a few ounces, with a charge lasts all week. I have the Paperwhite model.

But some books you just want to be able to flip through with hands, and tarot books are often like that.