Little Fang

Forum Software Upgrade IN PROGRESS

Yeah that can be a real butt!

(I had to manually switch all subs to a primary group instead of secondary. 🙂  WHEW.)

44 minutes ago, Little Fang said:

Yeah that can be a real butt!

(I had to manually switch all subs to a primary group instead of secondary. 🙂  WHEW.)

:sbowing_100-102:❤️ You superwoman! 

Not sure if l am in correct thread but...…. l just had an email saying l  am not recognised and the location address given is not mine. Been told to update immediately for security.  Help, is this true and what do l do,

Just now, Thoughtful said:

Not sure if l am in correct thread but...…. l just had an email saying l  am not recognised and the location address given is not mine. Been told to update immediately for security.  Help, is this true and what do l do,

That does not sound right. Where did the message come from? Don’t click on anything. If you can do a screenshot of it and send to Saturn Celeste or Little Fang then that would be great. We will look into it straight away 

2 minutes ago, Thoughtful said:

Ok will do, but l did click on to bring me here, now l am worried. l will sign out and get the email sent to you.

Good, I’m sure we will figure it out ❤️

Have just read email again,  It says   "we do not recognise your device"  but the device quoted is mine.  The London location given apparently states its only a general guide of nearest to me.  l am 45 miles away.

So l think,  and hope,  that this is just a glitch. 

1 minute ago, Thoughtful said:

Have just read email again,  It says   "we do not recognise your device"  but the device quoted is mine.  The London location given apparently states its only a general guide of nearest to me.  l am 45 miles away.

So l think,  and hope,  that this is just a glitch. 

Ahh. Yes it could be one of those automatic forum notifications. I have gotten one when I logged in on a new device. But there was no warning in it though. Hopefully it’s nothing out of the ordinary. This kind of stuff is really not my area of expertise, that is why we have our lovely admin (Saturn Celeste 😊)

I noticed in the profile area, it shows all the devices (account settings / recently used devices)  you have logged in on and the approx (maybe from IP address?) location. My location for my laptop and phone are completely wrong from London, apparently Hertford? so I wonder if it might be where my IP address is going to or it's very approx. I keep everything logged in all the time.

Could it possibly be that thoughtful logged in and the security of the forum panicked? I wouldn't worry too much @Thoughtful it could be totally innocent ❤️

or maybe it's just an email like you think @Raggydoll saying someone logged in from this location. A lot of websites do that now! just for your information sort of thing hmm

Posted (edited)

Raggydoll thanks for helping me :redheart:

And Dan maybe l was just getting overly worried, as you say it could be an innocent happening.   Another thing l find happening is that the banner heading the page shows my little Bonny avatar when l first log in,  then  after a while it disappears along with the globe icon.  l know l have mentioned it before and l have done the ctrl5 and switched off my computer, but it still plays up.  A minor inconvenience, just curious as to why.

Edit: to include the address the email came from.  It is lcreations.  So hopefully this is  TTM , what a to do🙄😄

Edited by Thoughtful

22 minutes ago, Thoughtful said:

Raggydoll thanks for helping me :redheart:

And Dan maybe l was just getting overly worried, as you say it could be an innocent happening.   Another thing l find happening is that the banner heading the page shows my little Bonny avatar when l first log in,  then  after a while it disappears along with the globe icon.  l know l have mentioned it before and l have done the ctrl5 and switched off my computer, but it still plays up.  A minor inconvenience, just curious as to why.

Edit: to include the address the email came from.  It is lcreations.  So hopefully this is  TTM , what a to do🙄😄

Yeah, I believe that’s from us. I’m thinking it’s nothing to worry about. We will double check with Saturn as soon as she’s around but I wouldn’t worry ❤️