Aspen Sage

New forum - Is there a way to bookmark threads?

Posted (edited)

I was really thriving on the bookmarks. Is there a way to bookmark threads on this new version?

Thanks!

Edited by Aspen Sage

When you reply to a thread, it will show up automatically in your profile. When you visit your profile, it will be on your Profile's Activity list. This is sort of like the bookmarking that we had to do manually.

The closest thing I can find to a "Bookmark"; although there is technically no way to, as far I can figure; is to select the "Follow" options (on the right of each thread title at the top of the page.

After you do that there are several options. You can even go to your Notification Settings from there. I always select "Do not send me any notifications" because I don't want emails.

Another way is to click on your username (with the inverted triangle next to it).

Select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu.

Click on "Notification Settings "(on the right, first in list "Other Settings")

Select "Automatically follow new content I post" and "A new notification when content is posted".

I am having trouble finding posts I have posted in. I am also having trouble finding posts I have created.  Typically, when a post I create or participate in, it is followed.

Typically when I would visit the site, I would click these two links at the top near my avatar which allowed me to sort out these two categories of posts. 

“Unread posts since last visit“ I can manage.  

“Currently followed posts“ I cannot find. 

Is it possible that the posts I was following did not transfer to the new system? If that is the case, I will try to follow them again. If I can remember them all , lol!

I have found all my posts and threads I subscribed to have come over fine but bookmarks are gone as a feature and has not been imported (I think).

At the top of every forum page is the globe icon next to your name, this is your notifications, if you click it, go to "go to notifications" at the bottom to see them take a whole forum window (rather than pull down menu), these are your followed posts (subscribed to "notify" on the old forum software). If there is nothing coming up in there, it's possible that something has gone wrong. But also they will only update if someone has posted something on them since the forum moved over. The second place to find your follow list is here, this lets you see what you are following. If both places are blank they have not imported. You can also see all your posts you have posted on your profile at the top. But you follow those posts updating in the notifications globe now.

They are all here @mariposa

I had trouble finding my posts, too. Gregory pointed me in the right direction. Go to your profile and look at the banner picture. You should see "See my activity" on a button there. If you click on it, it will bring a list up of all your posts.

To bookmark the topics (unfortunately) for now, you have to open each one and click the "Follow" button in the top right corner. But before you do that, you have to set your notifications:

Click on your username (with the inverted triangle next to it).

Select "Automatically follow new content I post" and "A new notification when content is posted".

After you set these, then any topic you reply in will be followed by you automatically.

10 minutes ago, fire cat pickles said:

They are all here @mariposa

I had trouble finding my posts, too. Gregory pointed me in the right direction. Go to your profile and look at the banner picture. You should see "See my activity" on a button there. If you click on it, it will bring a list up of all your posts.

To bookmark the topics (unfortunately) for now, you have to open each one and click the "Follow" button in the top right corner. But before you do that, you have to set your notifications:

Click on your username (with the inverted triangle next to it).

After you set these, then any topic you reply in will be followed by you automatically.

Thank you very much for the tutorial! I have been going through the forum looking for posts I would like to follow. Tedious, but not very hard because I am a new member!

4 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

I have found all my posts and threads I subscribed to have come over fine but bookmarks are gone as a feature and has not been imported (I think).

The URLs changed. 😉