Try asking Gregory about profile problems and other related type questions.  She has experience with Invision board software, perhaps she can help.

I can't do ADMIN stuff - like where is my sub/I lost my forum and so on- but if you are wondering "how to", I may manage ! :classic_smile: Like create a signature, add an image, link from an image - stuff like that.

OOH :

Yes - I think this is what you need: go to your profile and click "see my activity". Brings up all mine.

Do you know Dear @gregory, is it possible for more privacy in what you interact with on the forum? For example I want to auto follow threads I take part on / start but also maybe not show people I follow them? I know if you manually click follow on a thread, it says do you want to show people you follow this thread?

It's not the most urgent or essential thing in the world but I haven't decided yet if I like that people can see I follow a thread or not and might like to be more private in future. I just wondered if there is a setting for this somewhere, I have yet to find it.

3 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

Do you know Dear @gregory, is it possible for more privacy in what you interact with on the forum? For example I want to auto follow threads I take part on / start but also maybe not show people I follow them? I know if you manually click follow on a thread, it says do you want to show people you follow this thread?

It's not the most urgent or essential thing in the world but I haven't decided yet if I like that people can see I follow a thread or not and might like to be more private in future. I just wondered if there is a setting for this somewhere, I have yet to find it.

Daniel, I have been looking for tweaks to the profiles but there just aren't that many.  It might all be in the theme section and I don't mess with that.  I will start a to do list for @Little Fang so we can tweak these setting out.  I'll add your query.

@DanielJUK, I found it.  Go to your Notifications (the globe) and up at the top you'll see Notification settings.  Click on that and you'll see a lot of tweaks you can do to your profile!

Sorry - I was AFK ! But yes. I never let people see what I follow except when I NEED to (ISG and the like)

If the modification I just made doesn't change anything please let me know.  I also think what you are following is not visible to anyone but you.

@Saturn Celeste I think that's a great improvement, it's easy now to get to your existing content! :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to change what threads they follow are public to the forum, go to your managed content page, select topics and it lists everything you follow. You can choose each follow how often you want it and also if it's public or anon. Also on the far right column, you can select all with that little box at the top and select all "follow anon", so you can change them all! I am happy with them at the moment but the option is there and you can change all your follow preferences later on, which is great! yay!

Okay my next mystery, I swear I saw a settings screen where you can select what things you get via email or notification but I cannot find it today at all. I changed the settings on it and happy with it but just wanted to remember how to get to it, to help others. It's not under notifications.

Click the little down arrow by your name (top right) > manage followed content and then (which irritates me rather ! Topics and forums should be at the TOP, please, @Little Fang - who follows images ???) go down the list to topics. Is that what you mean ?

Or did you just mean this: https://www.thetarotforum.com/notifications/options/

oh you are so right gregory, if they could make topics as the default of followed content in future it would make it perfect. All the other sections are empty 🙂

I was talking about this menu on this post from another thread - https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/topic/6590-notifications-in-new-software/?do=findComment&comment=90990

I saw and changed that menu, which options I get via email or via notifications but for the life of me I cannot find that settings area again. It's not notifications options or followed content but I cannot remember how I got to it.

By the way - I don't use mobile settings anywhere (on my tablet I just go for web page !) but I do have mobile-using mates in the dragon forum and can ASK stuff....

😂😂 Now I feel really stupid! on my laptop display, the page cuts off exactly after the first settings and ends with "save", so if you don't notice the bar on the side and scroll down, you never see the second part of the settings! oh I am laughing! I found it before and just could not get back to it. Thanks gregory 😂:love:

invisionsettings.thumb.jpg.aa3db1b2f60dee4b5a8117c809ea92b4.jpg

Years on the dragons place teaches one this stuff. There is no way I need to be notified of everyone's lineage projects... :rofl:

Still lost, how do I 🙂

On the old forum and my quilt forum my bookmark is recent threads, which brings me to any new threads or old threads with  new posts.  And clicking on the NEW button popped me to the actual new posts, not the top of the thread. Quick and easy

I've found the link to the whole forum https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/ (as opposed to the landing page the web brings anyone to)

I see the NEW orange buttons on the forum headings, but they aren't clickable

I see the NEW same when I click through to the forum, on the individual threads, but they aren't clickable either.  What am I missing, thanks so much 😉  I pretty strictly limit my on-line time to two hours a day so straight forward is the only thing that works for my system of life...

Posted (edited)

You might find it easier AJ to click activity at the top, this shows you threads you follow (they have updated) and unread new posts. So activity is like every post in order of updating. You can filter that by post type and select unread only. You can keep up with your followed posts in the notifications (globe icon). That is how I do it, look at my notifications and then go through some the recent thread in activity.

Edited by DanielJUK

Is this what people are looking for?  At the top of the first page of a thread at the right, just below the green bar, is the Follow button which opens this mini-screen.  Now does anyone know why my typing is coming out bold?  This has never happened before nor have I selected bold font for this reply...

Follow Ask gregory

• Send me:
    • A notification when new content is posted 
      Change how the notification is sent
    • One email per day with all new content from that day
    • One email per week with all new content from that week
    • Do not send me any notifications

•  Let others see that I follow this
Follow

Okay it might have something to do with having copied and pasted the drop down menu that starts in bold, because now the problem has disappeared.  I'm not at all computer savvy but that seems intuitive!

3 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

You might find it easier AJ to click activity at the top, this shows you threads you follow (they have updated) and unread new posts. So activity is like every post in order of updating. You can filter that by post type and select unread only. You can keep up with your followed posts in the notifications (globe icon). That is how I do it, look at my notifications and then go through some the recent thread in activity.

I never folllow any threads, am assuming I'd have to click something to do this? Not that I want to (am I being stubborn?) I want to see all the new threads and threads that have been posted to 

I also don't see Activity to click on, On the full forum page, or this one. I feel like a dummy ...and I hate that word 🙂 thanks!

If you follow a thread AJ, you get updates but you don't have to if you don't want to. By default you won't follow them but you can press on the top right hand corner to follow them and also in the settings you can set it to auto follow any thread you start or post on. So that is notifications. So unless you choose the follow, it won't.

To see all the threads you have posted on, you need to go to your profile. On every forum page at the top is your name with your profile pic next to it. Click your profile pic and you will see all your "activity" or interactions with the forum. So that is on your profile.

Then the other one is forum activity, this is every post going past in time (unless you ignore some areas I guess). To get to activity for the forum, it's at the top of every forum page. Can you see HOME and ACTIVITY, just click that activity!

Have a look at the top of every page, one line of menu options begins with your profile logo and name. The other menu is home, activity, etc.

Do you have the default theme of the forum? Have you changed how it displays at all? if you let me know I will take a screenshot and mark all the areas you need with arrows to make it easier. You are totally not a dummy, it is hard to get used to new navigation :heart: